Matched Betting

Chilly

Balls of steel
I guess. But why would anyone do anything else but this?
Because making a few hundred quid when you can be making millions does not appeal to some people. You are what is known as "liquidity constrained" doing what you're doing. You can make it work really nicely and get great return on capital expended, but you can never actually make very much money - a few grand a year tops.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not everyone bets to just make money, I do it to make premiership football more interesting, I don't support any team in particular and usually put a pound on 5 games, first scorer and final result I don't have any sort of system and just go with what I fancy. I rarely win but when I do it is usually anywhere between £50 and £250 and the last couple of seasons I have made large profits from it (when I say large I mean large beer money, 1k-1.5k over the season) I still wouldn't dare spend anything like real money on it.

Still not won a single penny this season but got very close on a couple of games.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I guess. But why would anyone do anything else but this?
They also have the best customer service i've ever seen, most of them have 24/7 live chat with instant response, and if you have a complaint, they give you a free bet of like £20 (so long as you bet £10 or something, that's potentially £10 they've made off you, and you usually return if you're a r-tard ;))

Chilly

Balls of steel
Not everyone bets to just make money, I do it to make premiership football more interesting, I don't support any team in particular and usually put a pound on 5 games, first scorer and final result I don't have any sort of system and just go with what I fancy. I rarely win but when I do it is usually anywhere between £50 and £250 and the last couple of seasons I have made large profits from it (when I say large I mean large beer money, 1k-1.5k over the season) I still wouldn't dare spend anything like real money on it.

Still not won a single penny this season but got very close on a couple of games.
Fair enough, nowt wrong with that.

saido

Fledgling Freddie
So I tried Raid The Bookie and Fix The Odds over the last few days (figured I would spread my bets to see which was better) 3 bets down, 48 quid up. Do you guys generally do all the bet calculations yourself? Reason I ask is that it looks like Fix The Odds charge a fee for some of their offers.

saido

Fledgling Freddie
haha. Poor students indeed ... I can vouch for that! Just trying to make a bit more cash myself whilst studying. Hadn't seen that website, thanks for the link.

Gwadien

haha. Poor students indeed ... I can vouch for that! Just trying to make a bit more cash myself whilst studying. Hadn't seen that website, thanks for the link.
Aye, if you go down theres a calculator which tells you what you need to do for like 4 bookies then you have to find your own odds on your own for the next 12 or so, bit it still works out how much you need to bet on Betfair, where are you from?

saido

Fledgling Freddie
i'm from near Newcastle. Cheers for the tips. I think I'll just carry on using RaidTheBookie for now until I Get the hang of it. They have what looks like about 15 bookies and it tells me exactly what to do. I'm onto my fourth bookie now. Hopefully I'll be able to work through them all by christmas!

Looks like your quite the seasoned matched betting pro!?

Gwadien

i'm from near Newcastle. Cheers for the tips. I think I'll just carry on using RaidTheBookie for now until I Get the hang of it. They have what looks like about 15 bookies and it tells me exactly what to do. I'm onto my fourth bookie now. Hopefully I'll be able to work through them all by christmas!

Looks like your quite the seasoned matched betting pro!?
Not really, started like 2-3 months ago, Student Finance fucked (Find my thread about it) so I was looking for something to invest money that I have to pay back, and match betting seemed the best idea.

saido

Fledgling Freddie
Tell me about it! When you start uni you never really think about the effect of the student loan, until it's not enough! Hopefully this will make me a nice tidy sum. :)

saido

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone done the bet365 offer? 200 seems great but i'm a bit nervous it being so much! Are there any chances of getting a locked account and them not paying out?

Gwadien

Anyone done the bet365 offer? 200 seems great but i'm a bit nervous it being so much! Are there any chances of getting a locked account and them not paying out?

Nope, I haven't had a look at that one to be honest, once all my money transfers from the bookies i'll tell you what I've done and what I made in total.

saido

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks, i'm trying to keep track of mine. I've got 5 on the go at the moment and it's getting confusing! Think I'll finish up the ones i'm doing then have a go at bet365. I can't find many reviews about this raid the bookie site but I was on it earlier today and they have a live chat. The woman on there walked me through my William Hill one (doesn't seem like some foreign live chat worker either haha). That said, the studentzone site you posted earlier has a pretty active Facebook thread too. I signed up with money saving expert too but the thread on there is huuuuuuuuge! :) This one seems far easier to follow haha

Gwadien

Thanks, i'm trying to keep track of mine. I've got 5 on the go at the moment and it's getting confusing! Think I'll finish up the ones i'm doing then have a go at bet365. I can't find many reviews about this raid the bookie site but I was on it earlier today and they have a live chat. The woman on there walked me through my William Hill one (doesn't seem like some foreign live chat worker either haha). That said, the studentzone site you posted earlier has a pretty active Facebook thread too. I signed up with money saving expert too but the thread on there is huuuuuuuuge! :) This one seems far easier to follow haha

Aye, funny that - Customer service for bookies is brilliant, I wonder why... :D

saido

Fledgling Freddie
haha good point, throw a friendly customer service person at a potential gambler right!? I actually meant the matched betting site raid the bookie though, they have a live chat too (won't let me post a link as i'm a newbie I guess).

Gwadien

haha good point, throw a friendly customer service person at a potential gambler right!? I actually meant the matched betting site raid the bookie though, they have a live chat too (won't let me post a link as i'm a newbie I guess).
Shit, really? LOL, that's strange, how much of a cut do you give?

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Be careful of the bigger offers until you have a large float. You could end up with a lot of money stuck with the bookies and not enough left to lay at the exchange. There's plenty of smaller ones to pick off first.

Marc

FH is my second home
I did the bet365 £200 but I ended up having to wage like 6 times x £400 or something daft, so probably only made about £100 of it due to the vast amounts of bets I had to play with slight losses

Marc

FH is my second home
Ok, so ive heard rave reviews about Profit Maximiser service. Its from the guy who did Bonus Bagging. It costs £110 for a year. I have purchased today and will update this thread to see if its really as good as people say.

So far, for 15 minutes work, I made £14, but it should have been £42 but I got a phone call at work and didnt do what I was supposed to do (grrr human error).

Marc

FH is my second home
Made £18 this dinner time - running total minus £78 (as I have included the cost of the subscription)

Gwadien

Ok, so ive heard rave reviews about Profit Maximiser service. Its from the guy who did Bonus Bagging. It costs £110 for a year. I have purchased today and will update this thread to see if its really as good as people say.

So far, for 15 minutes work, I made £14, but it should have been £42 but I got a phone call at work and didnt do what I was supposed to do (grrr human error).
So what exactly does this do?

Marc

FH is my second home
I would say its the big brother of bonusbagging.co.uk. Just search the many reviews online but so far im liking it. I dont want to say too much as its a paid service. Its full of offers and tips of how to take advantage of other bonuses that arent new member bonuses.

Marc

FH is my second home
Up 8.63 this dinnertime so minus 70 so far. However, made a schoolboy error and have been banned from a number of sites all operating under the same umbrella which will cost me betwee 500-700 in lost profits :(. Judging from the private facebook page you get access too, most people make more than a grand in the first month but I guess they do it longer than the 15 minutes I throw at it. The guy claims you can make 2000 in the first month and then between 200-500 a month thereafter and I see no reason to doubt that as long as you fully understand what you are doing

Marc

FH is my second home
Thursday and Friday up 34.60 so minus 35 now. Should easily make that over the weekend so within a week I will have made the cost of the subs back. Won't bother posting anymore updates suffice to say I'm extremely happy with this product.

Gwadien

Give me a update when you hit like 300 pounds if you will, I'm interested in this but surely like standard matched betting it has a very limited life?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Told you that if a human is involved it would mean there's a chance to error

Marc

FH is my second home
Give me a update when you hit like 300 pounds if you will, I'm interested in this but surely like standard matched betting it has a very limited life?

Nope. No limited life.

Marc

FH is my second home
tip for you. Stan james have boosted Costa to score anytim to 4.0 (3/1). Will be able to lay at betfair or smarkets for around evens. Max bet £20 at Stan james. Difference between Stan James initial odds and boosted odds will pay as free bets. Even so, locking in a guaranteed profit of around £15 for less than 2 minutes work

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom