Matched Betting

Marc

FH is my second home
As I said earlier, be careful of all your money accumalating in your bookie (eg skybet, paddypower) and not in betfair. I cant emphasise this enough

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Yep that's precisely why I hadn't used my coral freebie at the same time as my will hill one was in action. If Chile had beaten Germany I would have had to wait a few days for my winnings to leave will hill, get back to my account and then back to betfair. I'm also mostly picking the offers without any multiple wager conditions until my betfair float gets much higher.

andeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Yep that's precisely why I hadn't used my coral freebie at the same time as my will hill one was in action. If Chile had beaten Germany I would have had to wait a few days for my winnings to leave will hill, get back to my account and then back to betfair. I'm also mostly picking the offers without any multiple wager conditions until my betfair float gets much higher.

Worth noting the Cheltenham festival takes place next week, in years past this has been a particularly good time to sign up to some of the larger bookmakers (Coral certainly had a 4x£50 offer). You'll probably need to up your float a bit to take full advantage but assuming things are relatively unchanged this year, it will probably be the easiest money you ever 'earn'. Has however been a year or two since I've done anything beyond the odd 'reload' or simple free bets, so no guarantees this holds true now..

Also Smarkets (2% commission) is worth looking at unless you turn over significant amounts on Betfair, the ~3% doesn't seem a lot to begin with but you soon notice how it begins to add up over time.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Thanks andeh, I'd heard that Cheltenham can be lucrative, good offers on existing accounts too, but I think I've probably started about a month too late to take full advantage. We'll see. I'm mostly banking profits at the moment and keeping the Betfair balance to near £200 which is too low for the big offers, but I've plenty of low hanging fruit to pick from at this stage. I want to get the cashflow figures neutral as soon as possible so that I'm not using my own money any more :)

Betfair commission is 5% now, which is an arse, but it seems it's mostly offset by the huge amount of markets and liquidity meaning that you can get much better matches on your odds. I've got a match on a 1-1 draw in the Argentine second division tonight for example. I have a lad at work doing this with me who is using moneybookers and is really struggling to get good matches outside Premier league football. So much so his next target is Betfairs own sign up bonus, he's jealous of the matches I'm getting despite the 5% commission.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
So..am I right yet

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Jo, if you were ever right the world would implode.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Betfair commission is 5% now, which is an arse
Only if you don't know what you're doing. If you're punting on football, then the +/- 0.25 asian handicap line is equivalent to match odds lines. The spread is higher, but the comm is 0.75%, so you may end up slightly ahead overall.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Only if you don't know what you're doing. If you're punting on football, then the +/- 0.25 asian handicap line is equivalent to match odds lines. The spread is higher, but the comm is 0.75%, so you may end up slightly ahead overall.

Agreed. But for the purposes of this you would need the bookie to even run that market and then the odds to be very closely matched. Something I'm sure your whizz bang software could find (assuming again the bookie you were targeting had that market) but not necessarily something I want to spend hours searching for rather than the 10 minutes at a time I am dedicating to this. Useful info though, thanks. Don't forget this is an exercise in trying to get somewhere around 70-80% of the bonus out of the bookie, not squeeze a percent or two out of thousands wagered. Different animals here.

Chilly

Balls of steel
No, the price on that AH line IS a match odds price. It's the same. you don't need the bookie to run an AH market.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
No, the price on that AH line IS a match odds price. It's the same. you don't need the bookie to run an AH market.

Ooh even interestinglier. Thanks again. I shall see what I can do with that. Thanks again.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Ooh even interestinglier. Thanks again. I shall see what I can do with that. Thanks again.
Be careful, though. AH markets are weird. You get stuff like half-wins (for draws) and so on. Read and understand the rules of it very carefully before proceeding.
I suppose I should probably point out that I market make those AH markets, so you may well be betting against me :p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I followed this guide and used the guide for the 'automatic easy bets' which should give me a profit of £115 come tomorrow.

Honestly, the 'easy' one is free money, they work the odds out for you, it will probably take you a hour or two to sign up all the accounts and make the bets.

Not a bad amount of time considering the profit.

http://www.savethestudent.org/make-money/what-is-matched-betting.html

Gonna start on the ones where I have find the matches & odds myself next week, when I'm totally sure I've done the starting ones right etc.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I followed this guide and used the guide for the 'automatic easy bets' which should give me a profit of £115 come tomorrow.

Honestly, the 'easy' one is free money, they work the odds out for you, it will probably take you a hour or two to sign up all the accounts and make the bets.

Not a bad amount of time considering the profit.

http://www.savethestudent.org/make-money/what-is-matched-betting.html

Gonna start on the ones where I have find the matches & odds myself next week, when I'm totally sure I've done the starting ones right etc.
Playing with money you don't technically own and will have to pay back isn't that smart.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
What from what I read in other threads he has two grand he has to return at some point. So really he is betting with someone else's money. just saying that isn't smart.

Gwadien

Playing with money you don't technically own and will have to pay back isn't that smart.
Well played for not understanding what matched betting is.

The point is matched betting is you get the money, so long as you don't fuck it up, it's not chance, only chance of losing money is human error.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Only when they don't know what they are doing.

Meh, I make a decent amount from football betting (around £1500 from around £200 staked last season) can't be arsed with matched betting though and probably wouldn't understand it anyway! I only do it to add a bit more interest to watching football.

Made fuck all this season though, unpredictable bollocks.

saido

Fledgling Freddie
Found this site when searching about matched betting. Anyone used Raid The Bookie ? Looks similar to fix the odds I saw mentioned here. Has anyone had experience with fix the odds or raid the bookie? How much could I earn realistically using one of these services?

Marc

FH is my second home
Another good way of making money is from Paddy Power. Each day, they offer a race where you get your money back if your bet horse finishes second or third. So what you do is choose your horse that you think will finish second or third (sounds difficult but with a bit of research it can be done, I generally get it right 2 to 3 times a week) and place a bet on it. Lay it off on betfair so if your horse wins or doesnt come second or third you dont lose any money, or you make a slight loss. This is the difficult part as paddy power prices are shockingly low, but if you watch both markets 5-10 mins before the race, the odds should stabilise. I generally lose around 25p on a £25 stake. If your horse wins or doesnt come second or third then thats the end. You lose 25p. if it comes second or third though, wahey. You have lost 25p ( or whatever loss you accepted) but have a free £25 bet which you then lay off to make a profit (like matched betting)

saido

Fledgling Freddie
I like it, I might have to give that method a try. Like the low risk approach!

Gwadien

I like it, I might have to give that method a try. Like the low risk approach!
Matched Betting is 0 risk so long as you eliminate being stupid.

And by the way.

Welcome to Freddyshouse. :)

Gwadien

How much you made now?
I'm on my way to making about £300 total or so, waiting until next week, and I'll let you know.

The first batch was like £110 or something, I can do a grand total next week, but due to the laws changing, one site fucked up, potentially benefiting me.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
What laws changing? The not giving free bonus money?

Gwadien

What laws changing? The not giving free bonus money?
Nah, I think it's more to do with them having to check more rigorously over peoples age, but basically, one of the bets consisted of me having to bet my deposit+£20 or what ever they gave me free like 5 times, but they changed their website and seemed to have let me withdraw my money with only betting it once.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I'm sure they must cotton on to this and stop it somehow

I can't imagine bookies being happy at 100% wins

I know one bet loses and one wins but you need to be up overall or it's not worth it so the bookies as a whole are always down

Gwadien

I'm sure they must cotton on to this and stop it somehow

I can't imagine bookies being happy at 100% wins

I know one bet loses and one wins but you need to be up overall or it's not worth it so the bookies as a whole are always down

I lost all my money with Paddy Power but won all of it on the 'other side' on Betfair, so realistically Paddy Power have benefited whilst Betfair just assume I'm pretty lucky. There's no real reason for them to change it tbh.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I guess. But why would anyone do anything else but this?

Himse

FH is my second home
More fun when there is more risk involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom