Marvel Heroes 2015

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So i've been playing this on and off since beta and recently they added a patch that makes it a lot more fun, its just getting better and better every single patch that comes out.

For those that haven't played it before:

It's like Diablo 2 basically (it was made by the same guy that made Diablo 1 & 2) its totally free to play - there are paid shortcut options within it naturally but you can get almost everything a paying player can without paying a single penny, the only thing you can't get for free is stash tabs for storage space which will also change soon, they're allowing free players to buy them via Eternity Splinters (ingame currency)

Give it a go

https://marvelheroes.com/

Having also played Diablo 3 a lot I'm fairly confident in saying this is better, it has a better community, raids (yes actual raids) its basically an MMO Diablo set in the Marvel universe.

Last edited:

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Will download when GTA is downloaded. I liked Diablo.. So.. Could be fun for a free game.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
if you have any questions when you start playing feel free to ask :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Heh, just as i downloaded and thought i'd try it, servers down :p

I'm guessing the usual "don't buy stuff with ingame currency until you've played a fair bit and don't spend real money for a good while" applies?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Basically the in game currency (Eternity Splinter) will drop every 7 minutes (locked internal timer) with it you can buy new heroes, team up powers, pets and ultimate power upgrades. You get a few hero choices when you start (can't remember which ones exactly but I think Storm, Cyclops, Scarlet Witch) but yea, I'd save your Eternity Splinters until you know what hero you want to buy etc :p you also get daily login rewards, I think the day 2 login reward is 200 Eternity Splinters or something too, heroes usually cost 300-600 Eternity Splinters but if you don't have many heroes you can buy a Random hero box for 175 Eternity Splinters, it will give you a random hero (it can also award a duplicate hero however, if you get a duplicate hero you can use the token as an ultimate power upgrade for the duped hero you get basically)

Other things to look out for:

They have very frequent world events, every week there is a new event :) the current event that is active is The Omega event (which gave us a server side XP buff that increased daily, its currently at 192% bonus XP) it ends on Saturday however and Cosmic Chaos starts then, heres a video explaining everything you need to know about Cosmic Chaos.

Other random stuff!

-There are 47 total playable characters (with new ones being released frequently)

-Everytime you get a hero to 25 and 50 you will gain a permanent XP bonus on your account, if you get 4x Heroes to 60 you will gain a permanent XP bonus of 75%! if you get 29 heroes to 60 you will have a permanent XP bonus of 200%.

-Every mob and item is totally personally, people cannot ninja from you and you can all tag the same monsters/bosses

-Once you get to level 60 (I think its 60 it unlocks at least) you will unlock the Omega system (its similar to the Paragon System from Diablo 3 but offers a shit load more variety, there are a total of 7500 Omega points to unlock, during the Omega event you gain Omega points at a much faster rate than usual.

Last edited:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I got to lvl ten on black widow yesterday. Why did it freeze at lvl ten. I didnt reas the blab at the beginning

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I got to lvl ten on black widow yesterday. Why did it freeze at lvl ten. I didnt reas the blab at the beginning

Some heroes you can try at the start up to level 10 (sort of a try before you buy thing) :p you should have got some heroes for free that can fully level to 60 though, at least the choice of some.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Some heroes you can try at the start up to level 10 (sort of a try before you buy thing) :p you should have got some heroes for free that can fully level to 60 though, at least the choice of some.
I had six heroes that i chose one from.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Hi Blood,

I purchased the 2014 Heroes pack and so far I have 15 60's that I've leveled up just to see which ones I like. Not really gotten into the end game raid material though as you seem to need a guild or players you know at least. I've pretty much soloed everything in Green and Red and done some cosmic runs on Silver and Ms Marvel Will definitely be on at the weekend playing the event. Also like the midtown Mondays for leveling, With an XP pot you can easily level from 10 to 60 in a few hours and get all your char uniques to boot.

60s - Iceman, Cap America, Punisher, Hawkeye, Rocket, Ms Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Silver Surfer, Moon Knight, Storm, Gambit, Black Widow, Iron Man, Thor, Vision

Working on Deadpool and going to do Jugg or Loki next as they looks fun.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Hi Blood,

I purchased the 2014 Heroes pack and so far I have 15 60's that I've leveled up just to see which ones I like. Not really gotten into the end game raid material though as you seem to need a guild or players you know at least. I've pretty much soloed everything in Green and Red and done some cosmic runs on Silver and Ms Marvel Will definitely be on at the weekend playing the event. Also like the midtown Mondays for leveling, With an XP pot you can easily level from 10 to 60 in a few hours and get all your char uniques to boot.

60s - Iceman, Cap America, Punisher, Hawkeye, Rocket, Ms Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Silver Surfer, Moon Knight, Storm, Gambit, Black Widow, Iron Man, Thor, Vision

Working on Deadpool and going to do Jugg or Loki next as they looks fun.

yea i've not really got a guild or do raids yet either, i've done green muspelheim that's about it :) mainly focussed on getting omega points at the moment, currently at 3700, should be at 6000+ by the end of the event /touch wood.

Loki is quite weak at the moment, he's great fun to level but end game he is among the worse heroes at present (a lot of hero buffs are incoming though apparently but no time frame) Juggernaut is GREAT fun to level and strong at level 60 though.

Dr Doom is the next hero to be released, cannot wait for Doom :D

Still need to finish off my heroes, currently have these at 60;

Black Widow
Cable
Captain America
Colossus
Cyclops
Emma Frost
Ghost Rider
Hawkeye
Hulk
Human torch
Iceman
Invisible Woman
Iron Man
Juggernaut
Magneto
Moon Knight
Nightcrawler
Punisher
Rocket Racoon
Scarlet Witch
Silver Surfer
Squirrel Girl
Storm
Taskmaster
Thor
Venom
Vision
Wolverine
X-23

Last edited:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Also worth noting for new people trying it - if you enjoy the game you can also buy a bunch of new costumes for your heroes via the ingame store, some of them are really well done and all of them are Marvel approved (everything in this game has to be Marvel approved before they add it, which is why I like it so much as it can't stray from lore etc)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Easy chars for starting out imo - Rocket, Squirrel Girl and Iceman Summoner (Pet) Builds pretty much destroy any normal content and gets you used to the dynamics. Also Ms Marvel is very strong and an easy tank to play.

I found Hawkeye very squishy, probably one of those chars you need a movement on the right click. The boss fights are not Tera hard but positioning and skills rotation is important, lots of guides in the char sections of the main forum.

Probably worth mentioning to do the Cube Shard dallies and use them to buy Fortune Cards for the boost pots, costumes, pets....

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Aye my Iceman is nuts, got white gorilla spear on him etc, his pets can tank anything in the game + hit like trucks :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I had six heroes that i chose one from.

You can choose from the avenger crew, but when you reach level 10 you can "uncap" a hero for free. Once you uncap it, the choice is final though, you can continue leveling that hero. You only get 1 free uncap. The avengers at the start are just a promo and you can switch to any other free hero(to try to 10) from the hero menu.

I took black widow at start, got to 10, uncapped her immediately as i felt so at home with my demon hunter experience. Didn't even have to test out others :p

3 hours in, got a cosmic belt(which was nice) and other stuffs(as you do). Liking it very much, though ofcourse it's confusing at start.

Next goal; black widow age of ultron outfit. Yum.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
You can choose from the avenger crew, but when you reach level 10 you can "uncap" a hero for free. Once you uncap it, the choice is final though, you can continue leveling that hero. You only get 1 free uncap. The avengers at the start are just a promo and you can switch to any other free hero(to try to 10) from the hero menu.

I took black widow at start, got to 10, uncapped her immediately as i felt so at home with my demon hunter experience. Didn't even have to test out others :p

3 hours in, got a cosmic belt(which was nice) and other stuffs(as you do). Liking it very much, though ofcourse it's confusing at start.

What you can also do! once you get to 60 you can prestige your hero, you gain zero bonuses from other other than it being purely cosmetic (more on this below) its just a way for you to play your favourite heroes again from level 1. There is no different other than the name colours EXCEPT for the final prestige.

When you prestige your name will change colour permanently above the character

1st Prestige - Green name
2nd Prestige - Blue name
3rd Prestige - Purple name
4th Prestige - Orange name
5th Prestige - Red name
6th Prestige - Yellow name - this is the only one that is different than all other prestiges, its the final prestige but it also comes with an added bonus of making it much harder to get to 60, you will gain XP at 25x less than the usual rate for this prestige making it take much much longer.

All that said, its quite fast to level any of the avengers at present because they have a server sided buff for the next 2 weeks that gives you 50% more xp, that on top of the current omega event gives you a total of 242% bonus XP (will be 266% tomorrow)

Last edited:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Aye worked that put. Lvl 17 now

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
for those that watch twitch btw check http://www.twitch.tv/degentp - developers normally join degen's chat and his stream is quite informative (he's the one that made the above cosmic video)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah i was actually planning on not playing during mega xp times, but then i learned about the prestige thing and thought "Well that solves it" :p

By the by, when's a good time to use those 7% on all kinds of stuff potions?

Just keep em and wait for max level?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yeah i was actually planning on not playing during mega xp times, but then i learned about the prestige thing and thought "Well that solves it" :p

By the by, when's a good time to use those 7% on all kinds of stuff potions?

Just keep em and wait for max level?

I've just been chugging them tbh lol but i'm going hardcore into omega points atm, got nearly 1000% bonus xp atm :p maybe keep them for cosmic (yellow) prestige yea.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
As per usual, save everything, max out, then farm. Legit tactic really.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Once you get to level 20 do Legendary quests, they are the best way to XP from 20-60 unless Midtown Madness is on (Event that happens every monday that makes bosses in Midtown drop boxes that give the same xp more or less as a legendary quest) you can also just play through the story if its your first time :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah going through the story first, see where that gets me, then start thinking about becoming what i can be and all that :p

Not even really caring where i pop those skills, just meh, funtimes.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Live and learn, cybernetic vacuum destroys items :D

Might've killed a few items, oh well. Did some green solo runs and mordook dropped the drop-leg holster legendary(60) for black widow, which was nice.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Cybernetic Vaccuum has a purpose :) when you get a vanity pet later it can roll beneficial stats, you equip the pet like a regular item and it has 5 different things it can level

Green - levels from green items you vacuum
Blue - levels from blue items you vacuum
Epic - levels from epic items you vacuum
Cosmic - levels from cosmetic items you vacuum
Unique - levels from uniques you manually feed it

You can reset the affies whenever you choose and try your luck at a better stat once your crafter is high enough, a full list of possible stats can be found here: http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/132241/cybernetics-affix-results-updated-5-14/p1

There are a few ways you can get pets as a new player

Cosmic Chaos Event - which starts on Saturday, cosmic worldstones drop from almost every enemy in the game and 2000 (which isn't much as they rain) can be turned in at an NPC in the Avengers tower for a Cosmic Doop pet.

Mark 1 fortune cards - you can either buy these from the store OR once you get high enough to do green and red terminals you get a Cube shard from each terminal on a daily basis, 10 cube shards buys you one Mark 1 fortune card from CLEA in the Avengers tower - this card has the chance of giving you the follower pets:

Old Lace (which can also be bought of eternity splinters but I advise against wasting splinters on Old Lace)

Iron Buddy

HERBIE

So getting a pet as a new player is fairly easy, i'd say definitely get the one from Cosmic Chaos once it starts on Saturday and use your Cube shards for Mark 1 cards as it offers other useful things like XP boosts and costumes.

Also - you may notice you've been getting Coffer of Achievement while leveling etc, SAVE them until 60 and a character you want uniques on, stick them on stash :p

Last edited:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh. Right, i've just been opening every box i get. Are only the achi coffers level spesific?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Oh. Right, i've just been opening every box i get. Are only the achi coffers level spesific?

Hmm... yes BUT Industry City and Midtown Patrol also give boxes (Midtown only gives boxes on monday though) those are level specific but it does tell you on the item itself from those. The coffers though i'd defo hang on to them until 60, you can use the achievers brews you got I guess though i'd keep them until cosmic prestige as every bit of xp helps then, cosmic prestige is super super slow without xp boosts on, without xp boost son cosmic prestige can literally take weeks-months. With full boosts on and playing 12+ hours a day you can do 1-60 on a cosmic prestige in about 3 days :p its really that slow.

About the Midtown Madness Event:

Every monday and for the day only there will be a Midtown Madness event, bosses will drop Midtown Madness Boxes and Midtown Fortune cards during this event, the boxes give INSANE XP, almost as much as Legendary quests making them much much more efficient for farming/leveling characters, you can do 1-60 in midtown in a few short hours during these monday events with a few boosts on easily.

The boxes also offer a lot of unique items which in turn you can turn into credits via your crafter (which I advise you level up by donating items to) you can turn 5x Duplicate unique items into 500,000 credits, there is a cap of 3,000,000 credits on your character but when you turn 5 uniques in you get a chest that you sell for 500k so you can stockpile them in your stash for infinite money basically :p

Last edited:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Deadpool to 60 now working Jugg, although not sure about his playstyle, all movement and I just found Silver Surfer more intuitive regards the abilities. Any tips for Jugg, think I need a better rotation for bosses particularly. I am using this build.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Deadpool to 60 now working Jugg, although not sure about his playstyle, all movement and I just found Silver Surfer more intuitive regards the abilities. Any tips for Jugg, think I need a better rotation for bosses particularly. I am using this build.

Deadpool is super fun, my Deadpool is only 44 or so at the moment, I can't wait until they do his 52 review though, he's a super fun character. Juggernaut you play him as a movement character basically, you use Stride to build momentum and Big Elbow Drop to spend it, that is only 1 of his playstyles though its probably the most effective.

Edit: yea that build is ok also, you can use Lariat or Stride to build momentum, Stride builds it faster but does no damage where as Lariat builds it slower AND does damage at the same time, both work really :)

Btw @old.Tohtori if you have boosts active and you need to AFK make sure you port back to one of the hubs like Avengers tower, while in these hubs your boost timer freezes so you wont waste them while being afk :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom