lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
It's ok my pet hits for 700 a swing becuase midgard has thanes!

Don't drag thanes into this. :<

And Flim no chance in hell Smite > Stormcalling! :< You are jealous of mjollnir animation.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Flimgoblin said:
actually what I said was ok is OK - just not if you do it for an extended period of time or repeatedly
(so I was half right)
bit like emoting I guess.

Some clarifications:
Chronictank: didn't see any alb buffbots when I was there - might have been mid ones but again I only saw one shaman and he was being played ;) I don't think the firbolg was a bot but you never know.. maybe some of those shadowblades were being used for CL buffbotting (there was a cleric - me, and if I'm a buffbot Gamah's the author of "how to make friends and influence people")

Now I don't know if someone arranged something over IRC, it's possible, seems a bit of a stupid place to arrange a duel for given you get guards and lots of people wandering by :p but you never know :p

I know I just stopped to join in, having not heard anything about it - since the odd occasional duel you find is fine. If it's a regular occurance that at X hour at X keep there's duels then that would indeed be against the CoC, or if someone was repeatedly killing the same fellow and ressing, or if it went on for too long (I don't know how long they went on for - I released when I died and went to do something else) or if the people dueling were hurling abuse at anyone who came to disrupt it.

Incidentally - dunno what some people are whining about it being in front of a keep for - if anywhere it's easiest to disrupt there, pull them into the guards and kill them, there was at most 5 albs there at any time - ungrouped, unlikely to pose that much of a thread. I'd have probably /applauded someone who'd done that (the hunter/sb that tried were doing well ;) just needed a bit more range I think)

I was going to lock this thread because some people are being tits however it's an interesting discussion so I'm leaving it open for now - less of the personal attacks or it gets closed and people get in trouble.
rezing, buffing and then letting them fight repeatedly, you are a buffbot regardless whether there is someone behind it or not.
But same reason as gamah, if it wasnt for me supporting 1v1 fights i would happily report you to prove its against the CoC.
was repeatedly killing the same fellow and ressing
This is exactly what you were doing, fighting, dying, rezing, rebuffing dry rince repeat. I know a few people banned for a few days doing exactly this.
There were only 3 of them, + a "bot" from each realm but they all got a nice 3 day ban all the same

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
atos said:
And Flim no chance in hell Smite > Stormcalling! :< You are jealous of mjollnir animation.

so true :(

and I want your range/power costs :p (especially next patch)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Chronictank said:
rezing, buffing and then letting them fight repeatedly, you are a buffbot regardless whether there is someone behind it or not.

Buffbots don't tend to kill the enemy shamans/thanes/die to stealthers much, and they usually have more than 8 enhance ;)

However I see what you're getting at "someone who can ress" - should complain about the paladin as well then ;)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
you as in the people there,
did you rez them so they could duel again.. yes
did you heal them to full hp so they could fight again... yes

but dont take my word for it, if your so confident that you were in the right, duel someone for a few hrs rezing healing and doing it again then report yourself on rightnow, dont forget to come here and whine how wrong you got it tho so all the lemmings wanting an excuse to rp farm dont get banned too

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Chronictank said:
but dont take my word for it, if your so confident that you were in the right, duel someone for a few hrs rezing healing and doing it again then report yourself on rightnow.

Umm no thanks, since as it's been pointed out a few times doing that for a few hours is against the CoC. Plus it's thoroughly tedious.

Maybe I'm not getting my point across:

Stopping at the side of a bridge and fighting someone/not joining in someone elses fight is ok.

Meeting up with your 3 friends from the other realm and bringing buffbots/ressers to repeatedly duel = rp farming.

Maybe I'm just being stupid for seeing a difference between that and the other night ;) (at least for the time I was there for - about half an hour in all I think)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Flimgoblin said:
Umm no thanks, since as it's been pointed out a few times doing that for a few hours is against the CoC. Plus it's thoroughly tedious.
yet your promoting the action yesterday, when it happened for a few hrs...
just involved more people doing exactly that on a larger scale
which also has been pointed out a few times

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Chronictank said:
yet your promoting the action yesterday, when it happened for a few hrs...
just involved more people doing exactly that on a larger scale
which also has been pointed out a few times

There was one cleric there that I saw - me - and I left after 30 minutes and the people who were dying released to rebuff. I've no idea what went on when I wasn't there of course, though you seem to have an intimate knowledge. Not sure how long it lasted all in all since I wasn't there for all of it (not even in the screenies :p no 15 seconds of fame for me)

OK, since I'm apparently "promoting" it I should probably put out a disclaimer:

The odd bit of random unnarranged dueling is fine, just don't do it for too long, and if it becomes a regular occurance then it's more than likely it's "organised" and you'll get in trouble.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
shite don't labour the point Chronictank otherwise we are going to miss the discussion.

This thread is FH at its best and I am certain that Gamah did write a version of "How to win friends and influence people" it is available on the web somewhere beside the Anarchists Handbook and a book on feminism...

Forfid

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

i can't believe this.

It's ok to break the rules just for some little time...

Let's say Its ok to use RADAR only for brief periods of time...

Its ok to use macro programs just for a brief period of time...

Its ok to use speed hack just for a brief period of time...

Its ok to use GFX buggs to get xp just for a brief period of time...

all the above is against CoC.. so what is the diference???

Maybe because it was u doing it?

Gamah

Banned
Sharkith said:
shite don't labour the point Chronictank otherwise we are going to miss the discussion.

This thread is FH at its best and I am certain that Gamah did write a version of "How to win friends and influence people" it is available on the web somewhere beside the Anarchists Handbook and a book on feminism...

Got enough friends irl to not care if someone likes me on a internet forum. :p

However you can buy my book;

0963815210.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

For just £19.99 from all good whogivesafuck retailers.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Forfid said:
i can't believe this.

look you obviously have a hard grasp of this, ill break it down once more..wandering around in RvR, spotting some people fighting, and NOT adding is _NOT_ against the rules. you can happily watch and not attack without fear of being banned. once they finish fighting, its quite okay to /beckon one of the other people that turned up and decided NOT to add. thus initiating a 1v1. the other people there have every right to add if they want, but NOT adding on your 1v1 is _NOT_ against the rules.

what IS against the rules is arranging a tournemant of 1v1s over a third party program, and bringing Buff bots along to pro-long the dueling..as THIS is against "the spirit of the game". RP farming is also against the rules..ie get your friend to log in his necro, the repeatedly kill it over n over again in some remote location for the purpose of unfairly gaining RPs.

with these random events where 5+ people happen to find each other for the purpose of fair 1v1s, you'll even find half the time they dont kill each other, they back away bfore the final blow, as its not so much the RPs they are after, but the thrill of a fair fight.

once more...NOT adding, or insta killing someone from another realm IS NOT!! breaking any rules what-so-ever.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Forfid said:
i can't believe this.

This statement seems to be incredibly naive, you seem to think a rule is like a rule and thats that. What the whole discussion has demonstrated is that the rule has conditions and grey bits and all you have to do is adopt a sensible approach and you won't get banned. Equating it with speehack and other things is completely unrealistic and alarmist. Just chill out for god's sake.

Gamah I know you don't care about being popular - niether do anarchists or feminists. I also have nothing against either of those! :)

Gamah

Banned
Sharkith said:
This statement seems to be incredibly naive, you seem to think a rule is like a rule and thats that. What the whole discussion has demonstrated is that the rule has conditions and grey bits and all you have to do is adopt a sensible approach and you won't get banned. Equating it with speehack and other things is completely unrealistic and alarmist. Just chill out for god's sake.

Gamah I know you don't care about being popular - niether do anarchists or feminists. I also have nothing against either of those! :)

Really, I can't stand feminists.

Guy: Hey love mind doing the washing up tonight?
Women: YOU ARE OPRESSING MY FEMANISAM, YOU EVIL BASTARD, YOU WANT TO OPPRESS ME BY KEEPING ME CONFINED TO YOUR BOUNDARYS! NOW IM GOING OFF TO MUNCH SOME RUG AT THE MEETING.
Guy: Whatever bitch, I'm gonna scatch my nuts and watch the footie.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
guys this is a shit discussion....

if you have issue - send it to rightnow - im sure the gm's can investigate it and ban whoever is doing it.

just waiting for the gratz on rrxxxxx from the duelers now :)

Forfid

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:

Yes, you are right for me a rule is a rule, everytime! Specially in a Video game!

For me its the same thing. What hapened and using third party programs, or even use bugs from game is in the same bag=cheat=ban.

No exceptions can be made, never.

This is a game and EVERYONE must follow the rules.

What i don't like to see is people bending the rules in self profit.

This incident is more serious than u imagine.
It opens a precedent and will ruin the game.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Forfid said:
Yes, you are right for me a rule is a rule, everytime! Specially in a Video game!

For me its the same thing. What hapened and using third party programs, or even use bugs from game is in the same bag=cheat=ban.

ROFL! BURN ZEM..BURN ZEM ALL!!!!!!

class charector you must b irl.

EDIT: just remeber, there ISNT a rule against 1v1s, there also ISNT a rule against watching 1v1s...therefore, no rules are being bent/broken or blindsided. i refer you a few posts back to my first post in this thread if you need clarification.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Forfid said:

However in this case (unless anyone can provide prove otherwise) this was NOT arranged using a 3rd party tool. people were just respecting each others fights.

People were not being rezzed, buffed and fighting again. They lost a fight to someone, released and came back, even fought against different people to those that they fought before. This means they were not RP farming so that rule isnt broke AT THIS POINT.

If the same people kept on fighting each other (to the death, not all fights end in a death) for a lengthy time it THEN gets bumped up to RP farming and thus an actionable offense.

Heres a little something for you to consider.

On this forum, someone starts a post saying "DATE- What GG's coming agramon tonight".

People post they be there with their groups.
They meet the enemy and fight
They release
They buff
They go back to agramon
They meet the same enemy or a different one and fight.
They meet 2 groups fighting and they leave them alone
etc
etc
etc

This goes on for many hours, but they fighting different people, they leaving groups alone (just like the 1vs1 crowd was), they releasing and coming back just like the 1vs1 crowd..

So tell me... is this breaking the CoC? Because if the 8vs8 crowd, and you mr random person (i dont know you so you random person to me like i am to most people :p ) says NO then you cant complain about the fact that people have 1vs1 in an unarranged fashion (or even a arranged fashion for that matter tbh)

rure

Fledgling Freddie
I was thinking the other day (no really, I was actually thinking), might be a bit out of topic. If a person is cheating (using a 3rd party program) in daoc and get caught they recieve a perma-ban. If you use a performance enhancing drug in any random sport you usually get banned from competition for a couple of years and not for the rest of the life.

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
rure said:
I was thinking the other day (no really, I was actually thinking), might be a bit out of topic. If a person is cheating (using a 3rd party program) in daoc and get caught they recieve a perma-ban. If you use a performance increasing drug in any random sport you usually get banned from competition for a couple of years and not for the rest of the life.
can't really get another irl account though :p

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Lomme said:
can't really get another irl account though :p

Good point! :p But you still cant get your rr10 cheaterhaxor char back either

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
rure said:
Good point! :p But you still cant get your rr10 cheaterhaxor char back either

yeah but if you have a few years off of practicing/competing you'll lose your edge or maybe get past your peak ;) So having to start a new account is kinda like that ;)

Forfid

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
However in this case (unless anyone can provide prove otherwise) this was NOT arranged using a 3rd party tool. people were just respecting each others fights.

People were not being rezzed, buffed and fighting again. They lost a fight to someone, released and came back, even fought against different people to those that they fought before. This means they were not RP farming so that rule isnt broke AT THIS POINT.

If the same people kept on fighting each other (to the death, not all fights end in a death) for a lengthy time it THEN gets bumped up to RP farming and thus an actionable offense.

Heres a little something for you to consider.

On this forum, someone starts a post saying "DATE- What GG's coming agramon tonight".

People post they be there with their groups.
They meet the enemy and fight
They release
They buff
They go back to agramon
They meet the same enemy or a different one and fight.
They meet 2 groups fighting and they leave them alone
etc
etc
etc

This goes on for many hours, but they fighting different people, they leaving groups alone (just like the 1vs1 crowd was), they releasing and coming back just like the 1vs1 crowd..

So tell me... is this breaking the CoC? Because if the 8vs8 crowd, and you mr random person (i dont know you so you random person to me like i am to most people :p ) says NO then you cant complain about the fact that people have 1vs1 in an unarranged fashion (or even a arranged fashion for that matter tbh)

Posting in FH for arranged FGvsFG fight's is against CoC...
the problem is that the GM's wont do anything about it because they CBA or just dont care.

I dont like that attitude, they have a job and they have a code to guide them, its their job to act.

This kind of events are popular because wow brought new features in to PVP and daoc players want to do that too, but they cant, so they BREAK CoC and do it.

Events like this had hapened before, GOA made them in the past some kind of RVR events for dueling each other (german server??). But that was an event promoted by GOA in one situation!

Can't be done in the current state of the game.

We all want improvements in RVR, Adds/no Adds Zerg/L33t groups/solo... A few people are patient and wait that the game evolves/changes others just dont care and do what they want (arranging fights etc).

All i want in this game is to have same oportunity as everyone else, and the same treatment for everyone from GOA/GM's. I dont like to see exceptions "some 1 friends" dont be punished because they know A or B.

I live in a democracy, ffs i like to see the polititians being arrested when they abuse their power, dont u?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Forfid - do you want GOA to start banning people because they didn't immediately start attacking someone when they saw them?

What if they thought "hrm no chance of winning this time better not try" and then get banned because they didn't immediately attack.

That's what would have to happen for it to be a hard and fast rule applied in all situations. No more being able to take pity on a lower level - must kill or banzor! No more letting your realmmate finish a fight they're easily winning, nope you must join in - no choice in the matter.

This is why it's a fluid rule - you don't _have_ to immediately attack a red name because you see it, however if you spend all day frolicking with your friends from the other realms, having little sporting duels you're gonna get in trouble because you're changing the nature of the game or RP farming.

Kaelimar

Fledgling Freddie
why not close this ?

apprantly all involved think it is ok dueling get ressed etc and so on. let GOA gm decide instead

to bad those that aren´t so called elite player and have a known name can get his voice heard before he gets pushed back

joap

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Idd, I am truly shocked, as I said before and i'll say again..

I am not against dueling, I am for it, however I know when I comit such an act I am liable to punishment so the last thing I would do is post a screenshot of it on the forums.

So

Dueling = Good
However
Dueling = Punishment

Hence Punishment=Good, conclusion Gamah is a masochist :)

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Kaelimar said:
why not close this ?

apprantly all involved think it is ok dueling get ressed etc and so on.

who exactly in this thread said it was _okay_ to get rezzed and duel again? we're not discussing that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom