Lil shits :/

Gray

FH is my second home
So just got home from work, on the way home i was doing about mmmm 80ish, not really a lot, but anyway, i come across a small fly over which had a small gang of kids standing near one of the exits of the fly over/bridge with one kid standing smack-bang above where i was driving.

I sensed he was upto no good, since in the paper i have seen recently a few people having serious accidents because of kids throwing bricks/bottles down at vehicles moving at some speed.

I slowed down to about 60 while i was going past, then *slop* a water balloon crashes down on my car. I indeed do shit myself, but lucky nothing was damaged when i got home to have a look :/

The little fucks dont relise theyre playing with lifes, they should start getting cameras up on them fly overs because if i was a lot older, or younger, i could have swerved out of sheer panic :/

Bastards

venus

Fledgling Freddie
I have to agree with you one hundred percent. Its time there was a real crack down on this. Only recently a van driver was killed cos some little f**ker threw a brick off a flyover, and as you say this is peoples lives their messing with :(

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I'm beginning to see more and more chav ***** hanging out over motorways. I've yet to see one throw anything, but I'll always check a bridge for non-moving people as it pops over the horizon.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
:(

What the hell do they think they're doing, though? Is it fun to risk the lives of other people? :(

Inconsiderate dickheads. :(

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
When I was a kid if I ever walked over a flyover with friends we would wave to the cars below these days they throw fuckin bricks an shit at you. Kill em, kill em all I say, if you told the police they wouldn't catch them but if you went up to the fly over and pushed the little bastards off the police would soon find you then :(

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
It's awful that kids can do that... but it's society.. I'm sorry but society is fucked in general. How many antisocial behaving kids are there nowadays... when I was that age and I was outside I wasnt doing the shit they were doing... I wasnt harming people in any way... mostly just walking around exploring places that I shouldnt...

So many kids nowadays from ages 10-18 or whatever just roaming the streets at any hour late at night getting pissed vandalising phone boxes/bus stops or whatever else... throwing bricks off motorway bridges as mentioned... and railway bridges.. all sorts of crap.. not to mention mugging people and other stupid stuff... it's way out of hand... they need more curfew type things and more antisocial behaviour orders...

As for the motorway specific thing... there isn't a great deal they can do to stop it... short of putting huge perspex walls up to encase the entire bridge and allow nothing out... but that has its own problems and will probably be smashed to pieces...

I doubt CCTV will help that much because they all wear hoods and can never be identified from it more often than not... plus the police or whoever arent exactly gonna arrive at the bridge to stop things happening.. they cant just constantly turn up the second kids walk onto the bridge fucking around.. no resources... best they can do is come after somethings happened...

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
they should install a trapdoor system. If the shites throw or do something, *WHAM* it opens and they fall into the motorway. People in the cars will survive when they hit them.

Fairs fair.

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
Munkey said:
they should install a trapdoor system. If the shites throw or do something, *WHAM* it opens and they fall into the motorway. People in the cars will survive when they hit them.

Fairs fair.
i like this idea. especially if they try and throw something in front of an artic...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
In every generation, kids do and say things that the "grownups" don't agree on.

Those kids throwing stuff from flyovers will curse at their kids for saving trees.

That's how this thing works.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I dunno. Kids were shits in my day too. I mainly confined my violence to my friends (homemadenunchukfights4tehwin \o/) but I certainly enjoyed playing nasty tricks on anyone I could. Chucking poos on old men rocked :D

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Kids may of been little shits throughout the years, but in different ways.

The problem is they are more likely to harm people now and that's the big difference. Where in the past smashing a bus stop or gobbing off to people was the norm, we now have kids lobbing stuff onto motorways, mugging people, and killing others (one story yesterday in the paper mentioned a 10 year old boy raping a younger boy). Morally things have gone down hill.

I think it's because when you burn yourself you get pain and therefore learn not to do it again. When I was a kid if I did something wrong I got a clip around the ear, but if a kid does something wrong now...

Problem is with each generation growing up thinking "Oh I used to do that in my day let them be" the more society breaks down. Lots of irrsponsible familes around, who don't bring up their children properly, who then in turn do the same when they are older. I fear for the future.

Cyfr

Banned
They need to separate chavs from the rest of society. Britain is becoming stupid, they are not scared of the police, so much stuff goes on around where I live and none of the ***** get anything for what they do.

amobea

Fledgling Freddie
give ya bobbies guns

guns solve everything :D

actually the cops here are shying away from them now tbh got in to much shite in victoria as they had a tendency to shoot people
now they're being inventive, doing things like hitting people with cars to disarm them

anyway [/OT]

Yeah it's really messed up. Kids do it here too.
The justice system being soft on kids i think is a problem too
They're to soft to give delinquents the punishment they deserve and parents are no longer in a position to punish their children.

gehy tbh

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The youth in Sydney were worst than the kids here.

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Thats really freaky.

Im pissed off with all those twats who have recently passed their driving tests and constantly break speed limits putting other motorists and pedestrians lives at risk.

So I send out my kids and their mates to drop bricks and waterbombs on them as they speed underneath the flyovers, in the vain hope they will either slow down or just do the world a favour and kill themselves ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
GDW said:
Thats really freaky.

Im pissed off with all those twats who have recently passed their driving tests and constantly break speed limits putting other motorists and pedestrians lives at risk.

So I send out my kids and their mates to drop bricks and waterbombs on them as they speed underneath the flyovers, in the vain hope they will either slow down or just do the world a favour and kill themselves ;)
Hehe, I'm glad someone said it.

Gray

FH is my second home
Lucky for i then, i aint passed my test recently then innit?

But then again, when i speed, i dont put other people in danger, i dont become a roadhog like some of them BMW drivers, who weave in and out of cars to get where they want, if someones infront of me, i slow down (Much to my dismay).

But again, does that answer the question of killing those innocent people, who have kids in the car, who could get harmed themselves?

but i was told today, one of my team leaders had a brick thrown thru HER car last night, and it did cause damage to the car as it smashed the window.

Its becoming regular i see :/

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Gray said:

But then again, when i speed, i dont put other people in danger
Fool.

ArrrImmaPir8!

Fledgling Freddie
Gray said:

But then again, when i speed, i dont put other people in danger, i dont become a roadhog like some of them BMW drivers, who weave in and out of cars to get where they want, if someones infront of me, i slow down (Much to my dismay).

Imagine if by accident you were speeding and you accidently ploughed into every single member of your family, fatally injuring them all...

Yeah.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You've said some pretty stupid things in the past Gray but I'm sure 'when i speed, i dont put other people in danger' takes the biscuit, eats it and then shits it out all over the lesser stupid things that've emanated from your keyboard. Speed limits are there for a reason, they aren't just to piss speeders off. :\

Vae

Resident Freddy
I have to say Gray has a point - I can't see any problem with someone doing 90 or 100 down an empty or fairly empty motorway. It's the idiots (often boy racers) who decide to speed around town or the company car drivers who weave in and out of traffic who are the real danger.

And no I don't speed since I don't drive a car and haven't since I passed my test several years ago :p

And anyway - trying to use speeding as an excuse for dropping objects from bridges above roads, even if being said humorously :puke:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If you can, and i really mean CAN drive a car then going over the speedlimit, rushing through the traffic ain't no problem.

It's the ones who THINK they can drive that kill little gerbils.

It's like FPS games, you very, very rarely see anyone else then a total new guy killing the whole team with a runaway airplane.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Speed limits, while legally enforcable, are not exactly sensible in quite a number of cases.

The speed limit may be 30 round your neighbourhood but do you really think it's safe to drive at 30 miles an hour with parked cars either side and kids playing outisde? Nope. Still if you're doing 30 and not drunk you're "within the law".

On the other side of the coin, doing 70mph down a long straight stretch of road in good weather and in light traffic is rather sedate and rather pedantic.

Speed limits need to be revised. Just because someone does 80mph or even 90mph doesn't mean they're an idiot and killer-to-be.

The law needs updating but as long as the authorities are getting plenty of cash from speed cameras then things won't change. Just don't whine about people breaking speed limits because "legally speaking" and "morally speaking" are often quite a distance apart.

EDIT: Thought I'd keep it on topic...
I get very paranoid gong under walkways too, always checking for people/kids that might be lurking there ready to drop something on the car as I drive under. Not like you can take rapid action without swerving accross a few lanes and endangering others is it?

Clown

Part of the furniture
I'm more nervous of walking under bridges and getting pidgeon shit on me.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
caLLous said:
You've said some pretty stupid things in the past Gray but I'm sure 'when i speed, i dont put other people in danger' takes the biscuit, eats it and then shits it out all over the lesser stupid things that've emanated from your keyboard. Speed limits are there for a reason, they aren't just to piss speeders off. :\

what...a...load...of...bollocks. Inappropriate speed kills, not speed per se. Speed limits, and in particular the national/motorway limit, were introduced as a fuel saving measure during the 1973 oil crisis and had nothing to do with road safety. Even the police (well, most of them apart from that nutter in North Wales) think the motorway limit should be raised. You can argue that urban limits should be lowered (and in a lot of places I'd agree), but I'm sick of hearing crap about how [pompous]"speed limits are there for a reason, the law is the law, blah, blah"[/pompous].

The current 'speed kills' policy is a revenue justifier tied to government anti-car policy and the statisitcs expounded by the likes of BRAKE are a breathtaking example of how single issue pressure groups can f*ck up society to serve their own ends. I can see the conversation now;

"John, there are too many cars, and my friends at Demos tell we we're going to run out of petrol and we're destroying the environment"
"Well Tony, we can ramp up the price of fuel; its a nice earner and Gordon could do with the cash to pay for all the extra old people. And here's an idea, why don't we use those nutters from BRAKE as an excuse to put cameras everywhere and make money off the fines! More cash for Gordon, and people will get to hate driving so much they'll all take public transport instead!"
"Great idea John, but don't we...y'know, need some public transport for them to get?"
"Well, I can't think of everything Tony, I'll get that robot Alistair onto it, I'll sure he'll come up with summat in the next ten years or so. By the way, me second Jag will be on expenses won't it?"

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Agreed on the inappropriate speed being the issue, for the record.

I sometimes wonder when watching some of the tv campaigns about killing your speed whether they are still using the braking distances from the highway code edition I learned from 18 years ago... they also seem to feature just about the worst example of an emergency stop imaginable. Modern performance cars are designed to both go fast and stop fast, and if I couldn't stop my motor in half the distance they use in the ads I would be seriously worried.

Back on topic, the incident where a guy was killed on the M3 occurred on my regular route to work at the time... I saw the guy's lorry the following morning and realised what had happened... shocking :(

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Jupitus said:
Agreed on the inappropriate speed being the issue, for the record.

I sometimes wonder when watching some of the tv campaigns about killing your speed whether they are still using the braking distances from the highway code edition I learned from 18 years ago... they also seem to feature just about the worst example of an emergency stop imaginable. Modern performance cars are designed to both go fast and stop fast, and if I couldn't stop my motor in half the distance they use in the ads I would be seriously worried.

Back on topic, the incident where a guy was killed on the M3 occurred on my regular route to work at the time... I saw the guy's lorry the following morning and realised what had happened... shocking :(

I saw a Top Gear thing about brake distances years ago. Mr Clarkson reckoned they were based on a Ford Anglia and managed to stop in about half the distance in a modern hatch. Proper sporty cars even quicker.

In the right conditions I'm happy to break the speed limit. Nobheads who overtake relentlessly or people who seem to have no peripheral vision or people on the phone or putting their make-up on or pissed people or people who don't leave a generous distance to the car in front or just plain bad drivers; start the crackdown with them.

snake75

Fledgling Freddie
last week nr manchester sum little bastards threw a puppy with its legs tied together off a bridge onto the M66 i think it was, the puppy was hit by a car which then hit the central reservation and the driver ended up in hospital....needless to say not much was left of the poor goddamn puppy.

same shud be done to the kids!!!!

any volunteers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom