The unnofficial nerdy awesome shit sponsored by star wars thread...

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Oh God, I just came

@russell you know you say you never know what to get me for Christmas!!!!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'd swag to the shops with it and wouldn't give a fuck.

Until someone probably picks it up and breaks it.

Then I'll give a fuck.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I had the original toys but then I was very young, not sure I'll get to excited over the new ones even if they do look quite good.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Would be great if it could roll it's way into the charging station all on it's own when it's low on battery!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
The BB toy looks like fun! I'm genuinely starting to get hyped up for episode VII even though everything inside me screams not to. I'd hate to be as disappointed as I was when I saw episode I :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The Marketing is happening. This is cool:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Y2WfcCb4M

and less awesome but still cool (skip to 1hour 41m 30 seconds - I can't seem to link to certain times in youtube):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3OkEpkwC4E&feature=youtu.be&t=1h41m35s

I'll be interested to see how these kind of app-enabled toys survive in the collectables market; I suppose it doesn't matter if you're never going to take it out of the box, but a toy that relies on an external piece of software that will eventually disappear seems a bit flawed to me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
collectables market
I don't think these will ever reach the heights of true collectables as people buy to sell nowadays as they know that there's always some willing fool who'll pay further down the line. So, will it really be worth it?

First time star wars stuff, yep. Not a lot of people envisioned it, but now?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I don't think these will ever reach the heights of true collectables as people buy to sell nowadays as they know that there's always some willing fool who'll pay further down the line. So, will it really be worth it?

First time star wars stuff, yep. Not a lot of people envisioned it, but now?

You'd be amazed. People will pay top dollar for Phantom Menace stuff if its rare enough.

CorNokZ

If you buy a Darth Maul, Anakin Skywalker or, god forbid, a Jajabinks figure, you deserve getting ripped off. Regardless of how few were made

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
A mate of mine still has pretty much the entire collection of original star wars toys, all still boxed, including all the figures still in their plastic/cardboard packs. His dad basically bought him the whole lot twice, once to play with, once to keep.

We always used to take the piss out of him for that...

We blew his "to play with" at'at up with French bangers.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i will be getting one of those with my bonus at christmas because frankly it looks awesome. seen alot of the new merchandise some of it is meh but theres some stuff you know is gonna sell massively. as for the film fuck it i dont care about it been hyped up i cant wait for it!!!! ive just got that vibe its gonna be something special.

CorNokZ

type this into google:

a long time ago in a galaxy far far away

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I tried this morning, and it did nothing but a search thread. Still the same now

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
type this into google:

a long time ago in a galaxy far far away

That is awesome, pretty nice easter egg. It even works on the google chrome app on my phone, without the sound of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom