Left Axe...This is why nerf needed

N

noaim

Originally posted by dakeyras
SnowSquall, Icy Brilliance are positionals and I don't mind high damage positionals or long effect positionals on a slow weapon.

But 693+92 head to head is taking the proverbial, and that is what happened to me last night. Ok, if it had of been with a 5.5, 6.0 spd weapon then fine, but as a hybrid with 1293 hp unbuffed (and as our buffer was dead ALL buffs dropped) I would have been 2-shot if it hadn't been for UToS buying me 1 extra hit. But to use a 30 min timer 10 point RA just to avoid being 2-shot as a Hybrid tank is unacceptable.

There are alot of variables here, not least of which is the sheer number of zerkers in RvR. If there were only a few the effect wouldn't be as great but as every 2nd Mid is rolling one it is becoming impossible. What happened to smiters when damage was taken away? They /quit or /respec all.

Mythic is not frightened by the 'I'll quit if you stop me being overpowered' brigade.

Some quit, some adapt, some respec...but there's plenty more untapped customers to be attracted by the new expansions.

Do trust me when im telling you that i know all about nerfing , i used to play Anarchy Online and they nerfed and overpowered professions like there was no tomorrow in that game, so i know the effects of nerfs, and i hope you believe me when i say that you dont want to experience a gaming company that grab a gimpy class and raise em to the skies one week, only to be hammered 6 feet down below the gimp-o-meter the next week.

So its the fact that Zerks can do massive dmg without being side/back positioned aswell as the shammy timer buffs that annoy you about the zerks? TbH, i wouldnt cry a river if they "nerfed" both. End buff as a chant and make Frost a side based style. Sure.

But to nerf the damage and make the entire profession gimpy? pfft.

And dont say "down to level", cuz if Mythic get to work and nerf zerks, they will most likely make em gimpier than the rest of the tanks. And with the facts in your hand, if YOU roll a Merc, you know what you'll get. But i havnt wasted loads of hours just to get one of my chars nerfed to oblivion.

K

katt!

Originally posted by noaim
Do trust me when im telling you that i know all about nerfing , i used to play Anarchy Online and they nerfed and overpowered professions like there was no tomorrow in that game, so i know the effects of nerfs, and i hope you believe me when i say that you dont want to experience a gaming company that grab a gimpy class and raise em to the skies one week, only to be hammered 6 feet down below the gimp-o-meter the next week.

So its the fact that Zerks can do massive dmg without being side/back positioned aswell as the shammy timer buffs that annoy you about the zerks? TbH, i wouldnt cry a river if they "nerfed" both. End buff as a chant and make Frost a side based style. Sure.

But to nerf the damage and make the entire profession gimpy? pfft.

And dont say "down to level", cuz if Mythic get to work and nerf zerks, they will most likely make em gimpier than the rest of the tanks. And with the facts in your hand, if YOU roll a Merc, you know what you'll get. But i havnt wasted loads of hours just to get one of my chars nerfed to oblivion.

you dont have to write ½ a page to get the point "i dont want my dmg nerfed" across. its going to be nerfed. wave buh-bye.

B

brommix

Noaim have you even read the scheme?? or do you just out of principle refuse to comment what you read?...those 15posts dosnt remark on the scheme but only on damage on different styles etc etc it has nothing to with what this guy found out in those tests!! That is why i made the above post to see if there were some of you would come with an interesting comment on this.

J

jox

I have no clue how the zerk-situation is at the moment but I feel that my powerful doublefrost is everything I have. If they nerf it the gap between infiltrators and sbs will grow even more.

Not to constructive I know....

Jox

B

brommix

no...you can just go crit ffs...thats whats meant to be if you are assasin somewhere along the line, thats not impossible....One thing is the berserker discussion contra BMs and Mercs another is assasin discussion, you are just letting your feelings know you dont want to be nerfed but you dont comment on the numbers the THREAD starter...your doublefrost is about the double dam than the infils anytime garrote btw, so why would you suddenly be unable to combat infils if LA would be brought down to patch 1.50...LA would still be 15procent better than DW or CD

N

noaim

Originally posted by katt!
you dont have to write ½ a page to get the point "i dont want my dmg nerfed" across. its going to be nerfed. wave buh-bye.

Yup, next thing they'll do is to listen to the crybabies that whine "nerf SB's"

I'll be reading your whines with a big ass smile on my lips when that time come ;)

N

Novamir

giving your insane damage back style 9sec stun?!?!?/1/1/1/1//1 :ROFLMAO:

you haven't put up ONE good argument.

sure annihilation is as high dmg as what u hit for with your main hand- SOMETIMES... but only when frontloading with 5.5spd. you get the natural haste effect which allows you to do this with 2sec less delay. and you can do it infinitely with ur uber end regen... im out of end after a few annihils and bard cant get song on if hes getting interrupted. not to mention that dualwielding classes own bladeturn, and i suck against it.

annihil is nice but no fucking way should zerks get a 9sec stun in ANY line..

zerks know how uber they are at the moment, and its understandable you dont want nerfing. but mythic arent stupid and they can see that something is wrong.

N

noaim

Originally posted by brommix
Noaim have you even read the scheme?? or do you just out of principle refuse to comment what you read?...those 15posts dosnt remark on the scheme but only on damage on different styles etc etc it has nothing to with what this guy found out in those tests!! That is why i made the above post to see if there were some of you would come with an interesting comment on this.

Got to admit, i didnt read it down to the last letter.

Im not saying that the guy is way off (mainly cuz i cant be arsed to read all that right now), im merely discussing with the other posters in this thread.

B

brommix

some people would still claim it was night, even though the sun burned them in their faces :)

D

dakeyras

But i havnt wasted loads of hours just to get one of my chars nerfed to oblivion.

It is painful but it happens.

After coming to Alb/Excal from Mid on US I rolled a cleric and specced smite. I specced smite because it looked like I would be able to play as a 'Holy Avenger' in the fashion of an AD&D cleric who can choose between healer/damage.

The class was fun...and then the nerf hit the Herald 2 days after i had dinged 50. I know all about having a class pulled from under you.

What has to be considered is balance, the 'big picture' and the future. Not just RvR balance but the balance within Midgard itself.

As more time goes go with things as they are more and more zerkers/shadowzerkers will be rolled to the detriment of balance. Midgard is becoming like Albion 9 months ago where 4-5 in a group were clerics. In recent weeks it is all we are seeing. A few shamans, a skald or 2, very few casters and a huge zerker zerg. The sheer numbers dictate a nerf to thin the ranks even without the LA issue.

And can you honestly say that all these new zerkers are appearing just because they want to roleplay a hamster?

I feel sorry for the zerkers who have played the class from the start when zerkers were balanced but this needs to happen.

K

katt!

Yup, next thing they'll do is to listen to the crybabies that whine "nerf SB's"

I'll be reading your whines with a big ass smile on my lips when that time come ;)

fyi im not katt :eek:

N

noaim

Originally posted by dakeyras
It is painful but it happens.

After coming to Alb/Excal from Mid on US I rolled a cleric and specced smite. I specced smite because it looked like I would be able to play as a 'Holy Avenger' in the fashion of an AD&D cleric who can choose between healer/damage.

The class was fun...and then the nerf hit the Herald 2 days after i had dinged 50. I know all about having a class pulled from under you.

What has to be considered is balance, the 'big picture' and the future. Not just RvR balance but the balance within Midgard itself.

As more time goes go with things as they are more and more zerkers/shadowzerkers will be rolled to the detriment of balance. Midgard is becoming like Albion 9 months ago where 4-5 in a group were clerics. In recent weeks it is all we are seeing. A few shamans, a skald or 2, very few casters and a huge zerker zerg. The sheer numbers dictate a nerf to thin the ranks even without the LA issue.

And can you honestly say that all these new zerkers are appearing just because they want to roleplay a hamster?

I feel sorry for the zerkers who have played the class from the start when zerkers were balanced but this needs to happen.

I used to have a smiter cleric aswell, so yes, i know what its like being nerfed.

And yeah, you got a point for sure, i cant deny that.

In the perfect mmorpg the company would fix these things from the get-go, you cant blame me for being pissed off about them nerfing a class that took me quite a while to level up to 50.

But im quite sure that lots of the "nerf zerker" fanbois probably tried to charge a buffed zerker, got smacked dead-on, hit the quit button and ran straight up to BW and yelled "nerf".

That ticks me off a bit.

Today - Zerk.

Tomorrow? Pray it's not your profession.

K

katt!

In the perfect mmorpg the company would fix these things from the get-go, you cant blame me for being pissed off about them nerfing a class that took me quite a while to level up to 50.

1. there is no perfect mmorpg, will never be. especially not one where they wont "fix" classes.

2. they can blame you for ignoring facts and arguments - which you are doing.

B

brommix

keep it up noaim...you are actually replying in a civil manner!! im impressed :)

N

noaim

Originally posted by brommix
keep it up noaim...you are actually replying in a civil manner!! im impressed :)

Im not the flaming noaim, im just a IRL mate of his that's too lazy to get myself a working email , thus borrowing his BW account ;)

N

noaim

Originally posted by katt!
1. there is no perfect mmorpg, will never be. especially not one where they wont "fix" classes.

2. they can blame you for ignoring facts and arguments - which you are doing.

Ignore what? Are you blind? Did you actually read my previous postings? The one where i said that i wouldnt mind if they switched the DF to a positional based style? Or the other one where i said i think a end buff should be better off as a chant?

And i can always hope for a perfect, or close to perfect mmo, cant i?

K

katt!

Ignore what? Are you blind? Did you actually read my previous postings? The one where i said that i wouldnt mind if they switched the DF to a positional based style? Or the other one where i said i think a end buff should be better off as a chant?

And i can always hope for a perfect, or close to perfect mmo, cant i?

1. you still ignore the fact that even if not counting LA haste, the zerkers styles are still twice the dmg of other realms styles.

2. you can dream of world peace as well, it wont happen.

C

Carlos Bananos

Even if there was a perfect mmorpg, 'perfect' is relative, you can't please everyone.

Plus there will always be stupidity, ppl will always whine when they lose and blame is on overpowered enemys rather than thier own lack of ability to play the game.

O

old.LandShark

Sadly true.... but one day there might be an MMPORG-operator that doesn't pander to it. :p

S

sorusi

make zerker LA swing slower tho if you want, who cares about swing spd, when you assist etc its all about frontload..

w/o frontload hibb will rule daoc, cos they got soo many healing classes :p

O

old.LandShark

Hrmmm... and they got the most PBT too :p
Cheeky :clap:

G

Gekul

Why is the berserker the most popular mid tank? Because the way it is designed is suited to RvR. Defence means very little, frontloading damage is what makes the most difference, and that is what berserkers were intended to do. They have always done decent damage, now the nerf cries are a lot louder though, and since 1.50 not much has changed so why has the mood changed so much?

About the style growth rates; LA style damage is not double as it is applied to about 80%. So that style multiplier in my case is multiplied by 80% instead of the 100% infiltrators styles are based off. If I were to use CS styles with a similar spec to infiltrators (and with 50 LA which as a crit I wouldn't have), my style bonus would be 80% of the infs. The offhand (also swinging for 80% base damage btw) is supposed to make up for this but because of the no to-hit on that left axe, this wouldn't balance out in practice.
And in practice a critblade wouldn't have 50 left axe either. So I would have to either use a 2h, 1h+ shield, or 2 axes swinging for 68% damage (5+11 LA), and this is with less crit and weapon than an inf as well. The use of 2 hand is more of a liability in most situations, 1h+shield, lol? and the damage from having 68% the mainhand damage of an inf is not going to be made up by 68% on the offhand + haste very easily.
So, you want me to have less CS, wep, stealth or envenom, use the same styles as you (with less CS or wep probably), and get penalised for using 2 weapons?. lol.

K

katt!

Originally posted by Gekul
About the style growth rates; LA style damage is not double as it is applied to about 80%.

2.00x0.8 > 1.4x1

NOT counting LA haste.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Gekul
Why is the berserker the most popular mid tank? Because the way it is designed is suited to RvR. Defence means very little, frontloading damage is what makes the most difference, and that is what berserkers were intended to do.

As if zerkers didn't have bloody decent defence anyway. 2k hp, cheap IP/purge/det, 360 evade, evade3, good dex unless troll, good parry level (ok, broken atm, but if they ever fix it you'll be glad dammit :p) even with 100% dmg spec....

G

Gekul

The hits everyone posts screenshots of are from the lowest dex/qui race in the game, probably debuffed too, will not be evading a massive amount with that :)
If defensive specced tanks worked in RvR like they do in PvE (and they should ffs :mad: ), the defence a zerker has would be seen for what it is.
What I don't understand is the amount of mercenaries and blademasters who complain about their damage, and that their realms heavy tanks are more viable for damage, then want to nerf berserkers down to their gimpness. The general thought a little while ago was "don't nerf zerkers, boost the light tanks in other realms". Why has this changed?

S

sorusi

not really, my berserker do not have any evade.. happens like 10 times a day, as often as mincers evade or so.. :p

parry, not very often when your chaseing support with tanks in the back...

2k hp - defence.. - like most tanks

studded - alot crappier than chain etc.. weak to slash most common dmg etc

and no, a berserker with lots of quick do not hit like a truck, they hit for alot less... (in frontload - wich is the imporant key in rvr

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom