Is that double? :rolleyes:

Anytime Styles:

6 LA – Ravager: .69

34 LA – Doublefrost: 1.25

15 DW – Misty Gloom: .44

21 CD – Hurricane: .49

G

Gekul

With the exception of doublefrost, the style bonus is still not double, because those multipliers are only being applied to 80%, compared to the 100% the other style line multipliers get applied to. It is certainly more, that is obvious, but more doesn't = double.

K

katt!

Originally posted by Gekul
With the exception of doublefrost, the style bonus is still not double, because those multipliers are only being applied to 80%, compared to the 100% the other style line multipliers get applied to. It is certainly more, that is obvious, but more doesn't = double.

and what style do every zerker spam?

doublefrost4tehwin11!!

G

Gekul

And what happens if berserkers/shadowblades spam doublefrost considering, and this is from the original link:

Endurance Regen is mostly unrelated – the only style in the Left Axe which takes a large amount of endurance is Doublefrost.

And so, is endurance regen an issue or not?

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by Gekul
and since 1.50 not much has changed so why has the mood changed so much?

Alot has changed!

Half or more of Midgard are now zerkers because of a developers mistake.

Something has to be done to thin the ranks at the very least. If zerkers got 3-shotted by a merc the whines would be loud and clear... but a Merc hasn't got a hope of 3-shotting a zerker...never.

A zerker has to be made so they can't 3-shot a tank...never!

And they have to be made an unpopular choice to stabilise the FOTM noobs. Then wait 4-6 months and see if they need help. Those that love the class will stay whilst the bulk will jump ship.

B

ballock

Midgard = Melee
Hibernia = Magic
Albion = Mix of both
Whine = Barrysworld

M

-mamba-

pre-1.50 was the time when many zerkers used to just spam doublefrost despite the fact it used and still uses so much endurance

a bit more details about the LA boost in 1.50 was posted in a grab bag ages ago

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/358.php

testing made by players proved doublefrost was actually nerfed more than mythic admitted (was so damn much whining and a lot of logs posted on vnboards, ppl feeling really sorry for zerkers and so on - no joke btw)

about the growth rate boost - ppl just seem to forget that at the same time doublefrost was actually nerfed and the fix made other styles like snowsquall/icy chain worth using. pre-1.50 doublefrost was doing almost same dmg as the positional and reactionary styles and that wasnt right.

after 1.50 doublefrost has been far from being overpowered if compared to the other LA styles, i've never played non-LA melee class more than a few hours so cant compare to them. however i'm sure every LA user can admit doublefrost is a decent damage anytime style but nothing uber.

oh well was one more useless post on this subject, just a few thoughts about pre-1.50 LA - by giving it back, the big hits (by icy brilliance) ppl seem to complain about would be gone but doublefrost would do more dmg all the time.. remember that positional styles still fail more often than doublefrost etc ;)

D

Driwen

Originally posted by dakeyras
Something has to be done to thin the ranks at the very least. If zerkers got 3-shotted by a merc the whines would be loud and clear... but a Merc hasn't got a hope of 3-shotting a zerker...never.

A zerker has to be made so they can't 3-shot a tank...never!

zerkers that do those 2 shots got usually 35 quickness which means they get even a negative haste from their quickness. No real idea what speed mercs are swinging at, but it is most likely gonna be faster than those 35 quickness zerks. Which means they might be able to kill someone in 9 secs, but that would be 4 or 5 rounds where it would be 3 for a zerk.

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by driwen
zerkers that do those 2 shots got usually 35 quickness which means they get even a negative haste from their quickness. No real idea what speed mercs are swinging at, but it is most likely gonna be faster than those 35 quickness zerks. Which means they might be able to kill someone in 9 secs, but that would be 4 or 5 rounds where it would be 3 for a zerk.

thing is, even with 35 qui, theres still LAs natural haste, which still reduces the swing speed of a 4.2 weapon, down to 3.3 which is fairly fast.

imo remove natural haste, make end regen a chant, an u got balanced midgard! (puhlese bare in mind, mythic are not as clevur as me, so expect to see zerkers hiting for 50 damage ^^)

C

Cawr

Re: Re: Re: Re: Left Axe...This is why nerf needed

Originally posted by zico
A 2.2 speed off hand axe does not exist in midgard, therefore all the calculations are wrong.

Omfg... you've missed the point completely and I really havn't the time to try and explain it again.

Originally posted by zico Style growth rates for left axe were not doubled in patch 1.50. As i said previously, left axe damage was actually lowered a little.

Originally posted by Arnor2
If you actually READ the patch notes, you would see that doublefrost dmg was lowered, and the other la-styles beefed to discourage doublefrostfortehwin!1-shit.

Ok ,well I didn't read the entirety of the 1.50 Patch notes but lowering the damage on one style and increasing it on other styles aswell as doubling the style growth hardly sounds like a lowering of LA damage.

S

sorusi

Originally posted by Carlos Bananos
thing is, even with 35 qui, theres still LAs natural haste, which still reduces the swing speed of a 4.2 weapon, down to 3.3 which is fairly fast.

imo remove natural haste, make end regen a chant, an u got balanced midgard! (puhlese bare in mind, mythic are not as clevur as me, so expect to see zerkers hiting for 50 damage ^^)

yep sounds like a nice fix

C

Carlos Bananos

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Left Axe...This is why nerf needed

Originally posted by Cawr

Ok ,well I didn't read the entirety of the 1.50 Patch notes but lowering the damage on one style and increasing it on other styles aswell as doubling the style growth hardly sounds like a lowering of LA damage.

They lowered the damage on doublefrost, upped the damage on reaction styles/positionals.

That is an overall damage reduction, unless you use positionals more than anytimes :rolleyes:

But i guess we all 'missed the point' right?

C

Cawr

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Left Axe...This is why nerf needed

Originally posted by Carlos Bananos
But i guess we all 'missed the point' right?

Nope just Zico...

And "overall" that patch did not amount to a damage reduction. Maybe on that One style but not overall.

C

Carlos Bananos

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Left Axe...This is why nerf needed

Originally posted by Cawr
Nope just Zico...

And "overall" that patch did not amount to a damage reduction. Maybe on that One style but not overall.

YES overall, since the doublefrost style is used 9/10 times, the overall damage is now lower, than what it would have been pre 1.50.

Basically, doublefrost IS overall damage.

V

Vasconcelos

Been retired from DAOC for about 2 months, the last patch i played was 1.54, i didnt find any problems when fighting sbs, sometimes i win (DF involved here) n sometimes i lost. Now, i find that a sb can hit me for almost 300 hit (around 250-300) with a frontal style (guess Doublefrost) n ¡334! with a rear style. The question is, wot the heck was thinking Mythic when they implemented that ridicolous damage scale with Left Axe??? Im sure most sbs experimented a boost of their kills just "overdamaging" an infil/ns.
Not to mention the uber zerkers n their 700+ damage swings that makes me miss chanters pbaoes.

I feel like i have been nerfed........ :(

D

Dr. Mangler

Originally posted by katt!
and what style do every zerker spam?

doublefrost4tehwin11!!

My zerker doesn´t even use LA.

2-hander is the coolest :great:

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by Dr. Mangler
My zerker doesn´t even use LA.

2-hander is the coolest :great:

by any chance do you have a 50 Dark specced runie aswell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom