Left Axe...This is why nerf needed

D

dakeyras

Very heavy going in places but if anyone can justify LA after analysing this then they are in a state of comatose denial!

http://pete.waterman.net/daoc/Dual-Wield.html

Just reverse the developers error and everything sorted. Of course all of Midgard will whine but it is in the interest of game balance.

K

Karlo

I actually sat there and read that right thorugh. It makes perfect sense, and we can all see this within the game.

This topic will cause a lot of whines before its nerfed / put in line with DW and CD.

O

old.Zeikerd

Everyday i check the Herald for the patch that fixes this major oversight. If the next major patch doesn't contain the LA nerf then I'll quit because it's proof that Mythic is not smart enough to build a balanced game ever.

J

Jiggs

dam well written document, recommend everyone reads it

S

salamurhaaja

Like I've said many times, I'd trade my axe/la to thrust/dw line ANYDAY.
If it's going to be nerfed, at least give us 9s stun attack after evade too, then it's fair.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by salamurhaaja
Like I've said many times, I'd trade my axe/la to thrust/dw line ANYDAY.
If it's going to be nerfed, at least give us 9s stun attack after evade too, then it's fair.

Nah, you had from 1.50 overpowered LA-styles. If they nerf LA in 1.65 it would only be fair to let you out on 9s stun after evade until, say ... 1.80 ?

And the fact Mids say it ain't overpowered (LA that is) is total bull. Why the hell would there be so much SZ's around otherwise ?

S

salamurhaaja

SZs are made so that they can deal better against other assassins/tanks. They are not balanced chars, because they have to give up something (usually critical strike) to gain that advantage.

My char is balanced 5-spec, having 37axe and 39 left axe, but those aren't even enough to pull positional style chain.

Albs got best assassin styles, why can't mids have best "tank" styles?
Or is this one of those things that let all realms be same?

Use the power of albion and roll an infil. We use our power and roll zerkers. Hibs use their strengts when they roll those group RA chars (GP and that group resist thing). How can that be unfair?

Z

ztyx

As always the endurence aspect isn't addressed properly. When you are using Left Axe line the most common style is Double Frost and it costs very much END. Secondly the effects and such of the style isn't there either.

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by salamurhaaja
We use our power and roll zerkers.

It is not using your power. The current state of LA is an oversight..a miscalculation that will soon be fixed for the good of the game.

M

maca25110716

yeah give me 9 sec stun and il be more then happy insta win style is always good

S

Spamb0t

u have frosty..
stop having only df on the quickbar...

NSs only have a 5sec stun.. while frosty is 7sec.. and prolly ATLEAST twice the dmg.. WHY R U WHINING?! :O

yes i know its a followup to comeback... so what.. get some skill (and learn how to use backup styles :p)

and also.. remove those buffs u aint supposed to have.. and u wont attack so fast making it easier for followup styles

E

Elixir

that site makes perfect sense......so i hear....now all i need is to read it....

T

Tigerius

:clap: at this document, indeed makes perfect sense out of it. Impressive how balanced Mythic ORIGINALLY made things :p
A big fat :m00: to the 1.50 developer :p

D

dakeyras

Quote from the Zerker TL (who has resigned to play a Friar)

"Anyway, the battle lines are drawn, and no one wants to compromise/back down on this issue, so the nerfage is gonna happen. "

When the Zerker TL rerolls a Friar all I can say is 'Bring it on!'

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by Spamb0t
u have frosty..
stop having only df on the quickbar...

NSs only have a 5sec stun.. while frosty is 7sec.. and prolly ATLEAST twice the dmg.. WHY R U WHINING?! :O

yes i know its a followup to comeback... so what.. get some skill (and learn how to use backup styles :p)

and also.. remove those buffs u aint supposed to have.. and u wont attack so fast making it easier for followup styles

FG is SECOND in a chain, no bth, almost impossible to hit on assasins.

N

Novamir

ap2.jpg

K

Karlo

Originally posted by maca25110716
yeah give me 9 sec stun and il be more then happy insta win style is always good

never ever works like that though :p

THe mjority of the time I have it purged. Also, due to high sb wep skill evades from infils aginst them aren't always common.

The thing is the majority of us all have probs against sb's. Other classes we can own wihtout much prob. Except zerkers and some bms :p Arnor.. ouch :p

K

Karlo

Originally posted by maca25110716

THe mjority of the time I have it purged. Also, due to high sb wep skill evades from infils aginst them aren't always common.

The thing is the majority of us all have probs against sb's. Other classes we can own wihtout much prob. Except zerkers and some bms :p Arnor.. ouch :p

O

old.Leel

Well, what about the weponskill that dragonfang infils get for free with their extra spec points? And how infil str/con debuff is more effective against sb's than sb str/con debuff is against thrust infils? All this means that thrust infils will have much higher weaponskill than any sb. Nerf kthx.

N

Nalle Puh

Originally posted by old.Zeikerd
Everyday i check the Herald for the patch that fixes this major oversight. If the next major patch doesn't contain the LA nerf then I'll quit because it's proof that Mythic is not smart enough to build a balanced game ever.

Well if havent noticed it yet u better stop playing right away cos they never gonna make this game balanced, either they up 1 class and nerf the other 1 so the other party starts whining...

W

wrathofsauron

k. i did not bother to read it all to much for a troll to handle :p

A few things this guy have missed.

1. Midgard (meele realm) we are suppose to do most damage shall small fucking celts and saracens do the same damage as trolls?.

2. Hibneria (magic realm) Get enough chanters in one area and you own both of the other realms at once.

3 Albion (combination of hib/mid) aka zerg realm have biggest population on all servers thus don't have a chanter/zerker class.

Game works as it should atm albs get some loving in the coming patches and necro los is fixed.

Would be interesting if he could add the relic status on all servers since left axe is so owerpowered mids should have 6 out of 6 relics on all servers and we should have a total rp much larger then the other two realms on each server and he could post the individual top rp holders for each server, if midgard had alot more in all theese areas then i could agree that left axe would need a nerf.

I start the list by adding Exalibur/midgard 1 relic.
Midgard is third in the total rp on exalibur.
The top 100 individual rp holders are clearly dominated
by hibneria and albion. (before the corrupted xml files).

To sum things up midgard are last in everything and we need to get nerfed!!. I don't know the status of the other servers but i seriously doubt that midgard would be far ahead of the other realms.

To all the left axe whiners stfu, whine less and play the game.

N

Nalle Puh

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Nah, you had from 1.50 overpowered LA-styles. If they nerf LA in 1.65 it would only be fair to let you out on 9s stun after evade until, say ... 1.80 ?

And the fact Mids say it ain't overpowered (LA that is) is total bull. Why the hell would there be so much SZ's around otherwise ?

Yes and why do we get all this whining? yes and u all whining on SZ´s...yes without end reg u can hit maybe 3-4 DF = hard for an inf to use the strafe buttom some times and maybe evade some DF, how hard is it to kill an SB without end?

And yes infs get 2.5 specc points, well that never comes up because only thing u can whine about is that we are so overpowered...ffs look at your own realm before starting to talk about 1.80.

H

horsma

Originally posted by old.Zeikerd

Good, ill quit in case they nerf LA. And no, i dont want to explain.

S

sorusi

Originally posted by Karlo

k so you cant "own" LA users.. now you want them nerfed? ok..

anyway if LA is 200% more effective than dw how do you infs manage to kill the sb, please expain that..

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by sorusi

anyway if LA is 200% more effective than dw how do you infs manage to kill the sb, please expain that..

they use more then 1 style?

Doublefrost4TEHWIN!!!11!!

K

Karlo

Originally posted by sorusi

where do write i want them nerfed? Ermm i dont.. read the post before making such comments and stupid allogations.

S

sorusi

sure you do :p everyone not playing in midgar does.. well 99%

and since topic is "Left Axe...This is why nerf needed"

oh and if you really think DF does massive damage, then you should lvl a LA user to L50, and try it out sometime, and then you might get some idea how crap damage it is...

Q

Qte Eth

only zerks understand what a crap damage they do ,i think

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom