Qte Eth

9sec baseline stun muahahaha
arnor go roll a hib mage now;)

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Qte Eth
9sec baseline stun muahahaha
arnor go roll a hib mage now;)

actually i have, and I KNOW that the stun doesnt last long on high-rr tanks with a shaman in group. BUT its still a stun, it still allows you to take out casters/support much easier.

A

Arnor

Re: Re: Re: Left Axe...This is why nerf needed

Originally posted by Cawr

2)Theres a Quote from the patch notes in there... Highlighted in red... stating the style growth rates were doubled... Obviously not a nerf.

If you actually READ the patch notes, you would see that doublefrost dmg was lowered, and the other la-styles beefed to discourage doublefrostfortehwin!1-shit.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by lissandra
Howabout every SB having purge and thrust being weak against leather and slash which all sbs are is strong against leather...

you win :puke:

How about you stop posting retarded comments ey?

slash isnt strong against your fucking leather, every sb doesnt have purge, it costs 10 fucking points and is usable every 30mins

retard :great:

L

lissandra

Originally posted by Arnor2
you win :puke:

How about you stop posting retarded comments ey?

slash isnt strong against your fucking leather, every sb doesnt have purge, it costs 10 fucking points and is usable every 30mins

retard :great:

aye,u are right, only smart sbs have purge so that rules out most of them :) and slash is neutral to alb leather which doesnt give them the penalty thrust infs has against mid leather.

Z

zico

Re: Re: Re: Left Axe...This is why nerf needed

Originally posted by Cawr
1) Only some of the calculations were made using a Spd2.2 off hand wep and it was stated this was an extreme for Midgard, as a Spd4.0 wep is extreme for Albion/Hibernia. You'll notice if you actually read the whole arcticle these were used to highlight, to an extreme, the effect of said "haste" effect Dual Weilders can achieve. There are calculation used with weapons of similar or exact speeds on each hand.

A 2.2 speed off hand axe does not exist in midgard, therefore all the calculations are wrong.

2)Theres a Quote from the patch notes in there... Highlighted in red... stating the style growth rates were doubled... Obviously not a nerf.

Style growth rates for left axe were not doubled in patch 1.50. As i said previously, left axe damage was actually lowered a little.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by lissandra
aye,u are right, only smart sbs have purge so that rules out most of them :) and slash is neutral to alb leather which doesnt give them the penalty thrust infs has against mid leather.

ONCE every 30 minutes YES

and infils can spec slash to gain an edge over sb's who is vuln to that, sb's only have slash and its STR only etc

L

lissandra

Originally posted by Arnor2
ONCE every 30 minutes YES

and infils can spec slash to gain an edge over sb's who is vuln to that, sb's only have slash and its STR only etc

yes but what happens if inf spec slash? loose the much whined ability to stun in melee since slash has its stun after block and we all know how much infs block each fight :) and if mids dont get DF to whine about what would they whine about then?

C

Carlos Bananos

i just dueled a few zerks with my SB and with my healer, they aint all that tough o_O

C

Carlos Bananos

sure, i guess that explains it...

Now explain killing 1 and dieing to one with him less than 5%hp on my healer ;x

O

Olgark

This is easy to sort out.

Midgard = Melee realm meaning all our melee classes should beat any other close combatant in the damage stakes.

Albion= good all rounders.

Hierbina = Magic realm.

One reason I am getting bored with Camelot / Nerfalot. Is due to the moaning from other players about such and such being overpowered because he killed my spellcaster in 2 hits. And the sad fact is that Mythic is actualy listening to these people and creating patches that "fix" these issues in a knee jerk reaction.

K

Karlo

Originally posted by Olgark
This is easy to sort out.
Midgard = Melee realm meaning all our melee classes should beat any other close combatant in the damage stakes.

By doing twice the dmg? There have been times Ive come across fully buffed sb's , being fully buffed myself, ive hit them for 90-120 then hit me 260-300, thats more then just a beating in the dmg stakes, its uber :p

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Karlo
By doing twice the dmg? There have been times Ive come across fully buffed sb's , being fully buffed myself, ive hit them for 90-120 then hit me 260-300, thats more then just a beating in the dmg stakes, its uber :p

You know, we have something called swing speed in daoc, try adding that to your magic equation here :p

N

noaim

Funny, instead of crying "nerf zerks", why dont you yell "improve mercs"?

Its a evil circle you know, if they nerf zerks, and give albs something good, the entire midgard and hibernia will cry nerf, and once again mythic will bring forth the nerf bat.

I wouldnt mind if they upped the damage output on mercs and blademasters. Used to have a 40 + merc so i know what a difference between dmg output it is between the two hybrid tankclasses.

So i humbly ask of you to use your heads (ok glottis, you are excluded from that sentence haha) and NOT yell nerf, instead yell "improvement" for the gimped dual wield classes.

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by noaim
Funny, instead of crying "nerf zerks", why dont you yell "improve mercs"?

So i humbly ask of you to use your heads (ok glottis, you are excluded from that sentence haha) and NOT yell nerf, instead yell "improvement" for the gimped dual wield classes.

Sure.

Mercs/BM's need improvemrnt and Mythic have stated they are looking at that...but zerkers will still need to be 'balanced' for the good of the game. I do not want to see Mercs improved to current LA level because it is simply wrong!

You cannot have a class doing that damage so why create an additional 2 monsters?

Bring zerkers back to pre-1.50, make end regen a chant and then look at DW/CDW styles and balance all 3 light-tanks together.

You have to admit there is something wrong when the bulk of a realm is 1 or 2 classes. All we see in RvR now is zerkers rolled by FOTM schoolboys. Ordinarily this would be bad for a realm...unless the class is heavily over-powered. Anyone who has played this game from the start knows what happens when a class becomes too popular. Mythic are not stupid. They know the class is popular for a reason and if a class is growing hugely in popularity and it's effect on the game is deemed over-powered then it will be heavily nerfed. Mythic have a business to run and will do what is in the long term interest.

If you doubt that then look at clerics. Hibernia, but mostly Midgard, whined and whined about being pwned by clerics...and Albion had loads of them. Mythic manipulated Albion's class makeup with a nerf. Was it good for Albion? In the short term it hurt badly but in the long run, probably yes. Will the zerker nerf be good for Midgard? Dunno...but it will certainly be good for the game and that is what Mythics are concerned with.

L

lofff

Originally posted by dakeyras
Bring zerkers back to pre-1.50, make end regen a chant and then look at DW/CDW styles and balance all 3 light-tanks together.

Id say giv DW and CD the 200% style bonus that LA got in 1.50, and make endbuff a "chant" working as healer's celerity does. That would fix the subject preety perfectly.

ps: kewl to see sum1 talking sense betwen so much flames :great:

B

Belomar

Its a evil circle you know, if they nerf zerks, and give albs something good, the entire midgard and hibernia will cry nerf, and once again mythic will bring forth the nerf bat.
The problem is that with the current state of affairs, casters are in a really bad position. I am sure your BDs, SMs, and RMs would cry nerf if mercs and BMs all of a sudden would start 2-shotting them in less than 3 seconds time. Things need to be changed to balance out the caster vs tank situation.

E

elerand

Originally posted by wrathofsauron
k. i did not bother to read it all to much for a troll to handle :p

A few things this guy have missed.

1. Midgard (meele realm) we are suppose to do most damage shall small fucking celts and saracens do the same damage as trolls?.

2. Hibneria (magic realm) Get enough chanters in one area and you own both of the other realms at once.

3 Albion (combination of hib/mid) aka zerg realm have biggest population on all servers thus don't have a chanter/zerker class.

Game works as it should atm albs get some loving in the coming patches and necro los is fixed.

Would be interesting if he could add the relic status on all servers since left axe is so owerpowered mids should have 6 out of 6 relics on all servers and we should have a total rp much larger then the other two realms on each server and he could post the individual top rp holders for each server, if midgard had alot more in all theese areas then i could agree that left axe would need a nerf.

I start the list by adding Exalibur/midgard 1 relic.
Midgard is third in the total rp on exalibur.
The top 100 individual rp holders are clearly dominated
by hibneria and albion. (before the corrupted xml files).

To sum things up midgard are last in everything and we need to get nerfed!!. I don't know the status of the other servers but i seriously doubt that midgard would be far ahead of the other realms.

To all the left axe whiners stfu, whine less and play the game.

Would just like to point out mythic scrapped the magic/melee/whine realm concept a long time ago so you can seek no refuge there ;)

The way to look at this isn´t that LA is working as originally intended, it´s actually overpowered and will be brought back to where it should be, nerf is all a matter of perception :D

Mid has excellent classes, if there is a shortfall in rp earners then look at the players themselves first, you could have the best class in the game and if you don´t rvr then you don´t get rp´s, some top rp earning bm´s out there, takes dedication and time to pharm those rps, gimped or not...

N

noaim

Originally posted by Belomar
The problem is that with the current state of affairs, casters are in a really bad position. I am sure your BDs, SMs, and RMs would cry nerf if mercs and BMs all of a sudden would start 2-shotting them in less than 3 seconds time. Things need to be changed to balance out the caster vs tank situation.

We got healers to instamezz those threats :D

D

dakeyras

We got healers to instamezz those threats :D

Even more reason to look at LA!

The insta-stun followed by zerker zerg is worse than insta-stun followed by pbaoe. At least we can fight that with resists.

Bring some skill back into play. I would hate it if they gave Mercs a cut-and-paste copy of LA and online time involved hitting F6,F8 and spamming a few styles and then thinking I was uber.

One of the reasons I am really enjoying playing Reaver is because of the concentration and skill required to be successful. A Reaver has to be positional or we hit like a Girl Guide. Play well and a Reaver hits like an M1 Abrams. Not giving a class a decent anytime style I think is good. I wish all anytimes would be limited to taunt/detaunt with low damage and force players to think and jockey for position.

Reward good play...not skill deprived, style-spamming that is dragging this game down.

N

noaim

Originally posted by dakeyras
Even more reason to look at LA!

The insta-stun followed by zerker zerg is worse than insta-stun followed by pbaoe. At least we can fight that with resists.

Bring some skill back into play. I would hate it if they gave Mercs a cut-and-paste copy of LA and online time involved hitting F6,F8 and spamming a few styles and then thinking I was uber.

One of the reasons I am really enjoying playing Reaver is because of the concentration and skill required to be successful. A Reaver has to be positional or we hit like a Girl Guide. Play well and a Reaver hits like an M1 Abrams. Not giving a class a decent anytime style I think is good. I wish all anytimes would be limited to taunt/detaunt with low damage and force players to think and jockey for position.

Reward good play...not skill deprived, style-spamming that is dragging this game down.

Actually, thats one thing i really like with zerks, i dont have to lag my way around in a relic keep with my halfshoddy computer and try to get in position based styles on enemies that warp around the keep like there's no tomorrow.

There's lots of "click and play" professions , and yes, i agree that ^^ the mercs and blademasters to a zerks level would only be a pyrrhus victory for mythic, but atleast improve them, and aft that, people must face the facts that zerks are better than the other hybrid classes, but not as much as they are atm.

I think it's quite balanced right now tbh, ot atleast will be after 1.60. Ok, i can understand some albs when they complain that mids or hibs got advantages in FG vs FG, but Albion do have the numbers on their side, always had, probably always will. Hibernia got the best classes, and Midgard got a few very good classes that can take alot of heat if played right. The necro is another issue that i wont adress here;)

I can give you a hinter tho: When you see a zerk go hamster, hit him with everything you got. You'd be surprised how fast the zerk goes down.

N

Novamir

Wrath.. you can interrupt a Chanter...you can kill one easy. even with MoC chanter gets stunned and owned. you can also run away from a chanters pbaoe. hib baselines stun lasts 3 seconds nowadays on tanks.

you cant interrupt a zerker. they are harder to kill than warriors because of that 360 evade.. (when not in zerk mode). as tanks they have high hps and a nice armour type... with det and purge u cant mez em. u cant run from a zerk, clever ones have PF and use charge... they never run out of end even if the shaman dies.. they hit for 400+ every 3 seconds when not zerked, up to 1000+ when zerked.

so, to recap, you can't run from em or stop them, and they are the most damaging class in the game. only possible combat of zerkers is BoF and only albs have that (which drops if you kill the cleric, and is on a timer of 30min).

explain to me how the hell zerkers dont need a nerf when they are the most overpowered thing in rvr right now..

N

noaim

Originally posted by Novamir
Wrath.. you can interrupt a Chanter...you can kill one easy. even with MoC chanter gets stunned and owned. you can also run away from a chanters pbaoe. hib baselines stun lasts 3 seconds nowadays on tanks.

you cant interrupt a zerker. they are harder to kill than warriors because of that 360 evade.. (when not in zerk mode). as tanks they have high hps and a nice armour type... with det and purge u cant mez em. u cant run from a zerk, clever ones have PF and use charge... they never run out of end even if the shaman dies.. Nicthey hit for 400+ every 3 seconds when not zerked, up to 1000+ when zerked.

so, to recap, you can't run from em or stop them, and they are the most damaging class in the game. only possible combat of zerkers is BoF and only albs have that (which drops if you kill the cleric, and is on a timer of 30min).

explain to me how the hell zerkers dont need a nerf when they are the most overpowered thing in rvr right now..

Never said i think that end buff is fair. Yeah, make it a chant, im totally down with that. This way you can outrun a Zerk just like you can outrun every other class except perhaps SoS, aswell as the zerks cant dish out unlimited styles. Would this make you feel better? Cuz if it's any comfort to you, i totally agree with this.

Btw: "Nice armour type"

Uh. Not sure if i'd like to call studded nice. It's decent at best. All classes in albion except the stealthers and casters got better. Even friars got better if you consider their buffs.

N

noaim

Originally posted by Novamir

you cant interrupt a zerker. they are harder to kill than warriors because of that 360 evade.. (when not in zerk mode). as tanks they have high hps and a nice armour type... with det and purge u cant mez em. u cant run from a zerk, clever ones have PF and use charge... they never run out of end even if the shaman dies.. they hit for 400+ every 3 seconds when not zerked, up to 1000+ when zerked.

A backstyle with 9 sec stun is also pretty powerful isnt it?

Everyone mentions the damage dealt, but noone says anything about the effects or the end costs.

Why is that?

And yes zerks are overpowered, but you are not seeing the whole piture, all you mention is the damage.

Give 9 sec stun to Snowsquall and reduce damage...fine with me, would you be happy with it?

B

brommix

most of the mids dont seem comfertable actually discussing why this thread was made.....most the arguments pull out some odd examples to prove their view (if they have one). I would like to see any of you try and come with an intelligent reply to the scheme itself, because to me it looks very well argumented for and then its not just enough to cry out and say "unfair" "we are not overpowered" "I never hit for that!!" and so on, you cannot have a debate with those arguments...cause its just postulations nothing else. To me it seems quite wrapped up, the developers made a mistake along the way, as mercenaris and blademasters should be close to berserkers, and they are not, armsmen heroes and warriors are closer to eachother, Its not the HP involved neither is it the armour or the evade, its the dam output on LA which is flawed and needs fixing, that is how i comprehend the scheme laid out to me. For those that dont want a debate but only flame, np, but im not talking to them.
Now does any of you got some inspired intelligent remarks about the facts laid out infront of you?

D

dakeyras

SnowSquall, Icy Brilliance are positionals and I don't mind high damage positionals or long effect positionals on a slow weapon.

But 693+92 head to head is taking the proverbial, and that is what happened to me last night. Ok, if it had of been with a 5.5, 6.0 spd weapon then fine, but as a hybrid with 1293 hp unbuffed (and as our buffer was dead ALL buffs dropped) I would have been 2-shot if it hadn't been for UToS buying me 1 extra hit. But to use a 30 min timer 10 point RA just to avoid being 2-shot as a Hybrid tank is unacceptable.

There are alot of variables here, not least of which is the sheer number of zerkers in RvR. If there were only a few the effect wouldn't be as great but as every 2nd Mid is rolling one it is becoming impossible. What happened to smiters when damage was taken away? They /quit or /respec all.

Mythic is not frightened by the 'I'll quit if you stop me being overpowered' brigade.

Some quit, some adapt, some respec...but there's plenty more untapped customers to be attracted by the new expansions.

N

noaim

Originally posted by brommix
most of the mids dont seem comfertable actually discussing why this thread was made.....most the arguments pull out some odd examples to prove their view (if they have one). I would like to see any of you try and come with an intelligent reply to the scheme itself, because to me it looks very well argumented for and then its not just enough to cry out and say "unfair" "we are not overpowered" "I never hit for that!!" and so on, you cannot have a debate with those arguments...cause its just postulations nothing else. To me it seems quite wrapped up, the developers made a mistake along the way, as mercenaris and blademasters should be close to berserkers, and they are not, armsmen heroes and warriors are closer to eachother, Its not the HP involved neither is it the armour or the evade, its the dam output on LA which is flawed and needs fixing, that is how i comprehend the scheme laid out to me. For those that dont want a debate but only flame, np, but im not talking to them.
Now does any of you got some inspired intelligent remarks about the facts laid out infront of you?

I think the 15 posts above cover your questions quite well, would you say?

And I know lots and LOTS of issues in the other 2 realms that need to be "balanced", i dont cry nerf except for the necro thing, and it's quite obvious wouldnt you say?

Fact remains, if you call nerf, and your dream come true, then just wait till they swing the bat your direction. You'll regret every damn word you said about "nerfing for balance".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom