Leave soloers alone

Mehuge

One of Freddy's beloved
Live with it and relish the occasions you manage to have a 1 on 1 and most of all stop dictating how the game should be played.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
And of course solo'ers live in their own world and never report to a chat group/guild/alliance/anyone the locations of full groups running around.

Anyone in a frontier zone is fair game imo.

Chunky

Fledgling Freddie
IMO all 1 v 1 or small grps 2-4 ppl should take them selves to HW and play there. This takes away the whole adding onto FG or FG steamrolling the soloer, ofc with anything this will be exploited by the few that dont care much, as you will always get the ocasional fg going there for easy rp's. On the whole i think it makes a safer place for soloer's / duo's to go.
I realy enjoy soloing especialy when i can't be arsed with waiting at
MTK for 1.5hrs just to get a grp that disbands the first time they die, and i have had some of my best fights in the game while soloing.
In general i find Emain and Odins to be nice for solo in the morning from 7am - 10am but much after this and your alsking to get a good kicking from the fg's.

Conclusion: Solo in Emain / Odins in the mornings and go HW afternoon / evenings. If you try solo somewhere like emain during prime time dont expect to live long.

Chunk...

Craft

Fledgling Freddie

Maybe a 'Looking for a Solo Fight' option would be cool, you could see who is looking for a solo fight then get transported to an arena or something, not a very plausable idea but it would be cool to see who is out and looking for a solo contest, you could pick you Realm Rank and class Vs then you could also accept challenges vs whoever you wanted? Probably doesnt make sense at all but in a weird way would be kinda cool :D

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Jaapi said:
Because we don't rely on other people for success.

Loxleyhood said:
A true stealther is always going to be the superior of any group player, for we rely on nobody but ourselves.
Don't worry, you managed to read the first part of the sentance.

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
Because we don't rely on other people for success.
Why does that only apply to stealthers? Other classes solo too you know.
Don't worry, you managed to read the first part of the sentance.
And your statements is as false as the day is long, all stealthers have buffbots/buffs which means that you can't even kill anyone without a help from another char.

If that's not relying on others, what the hell is.

Don't worry, you managed to make an ass out of yourself.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
We could kill without buffbots, if other people weren't buffed. Buffbots are completely useless now, all stealthers could cancel their second account and we would be in the same positition, except we would be saving money.
Incidentally, I don't actually have a buffbot.
And if a non-stealther is going solo on a regular basis then he just plain isn't good. Or clever. Maybe both.

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
We could kill without buffbots, if other people weren't buffed.
But you don't. Such an independent class.

You still think you don't rely on others?

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Jaapi said:
But you don't. Such an independent class.

You still think you don't rely on others?
Yes. You see your argument is flawed. If everyone didn't use buffbots then there wouldn't be a problem and stealthers would be able to RvR without buffers. That would be in an ideal world but in reality one stealther would get a buffer to have an advantage, then more, until eventually you would have the current situation where everyone has a buffer.
Buffbots no longer serve so a stealther can kill things. Today a buffbot is to make sure that you aren't easily killed.

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
You see your argument is flawed. If...
All good arguments start with an if...
I'm not talking about hypothetical situations here, i'm talking about what is going on now like everyone else besides you. Like you said, you can't kill without buffs, that means your performance is solely based in relying on others. If you can point out the flaws in that when you look at the current situation in RvR, i might change my mind about it. So far your bragging about stealthers being the superior players and not relying on others is just bollocks.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Fact is if a group char makes a mistake and is getting himself killed then he doesn't need to worry because he will be healed. A stealther does not have that luxury. For a true stealther there is little room for error.

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
Fact is if a group char makes a mistake and is getting himself killed then he doesn't need to worry because he will be healed. A soloer does not have that luxury. For a true soloer there is little room for error.
See what you did wrong there? Stealther in itself doesn't mean solo when a lot of stealthers are grouped, you are talking about any class that goes out there solo and that has nothing to do with "stealthers are the cream of the earth and only solo class" bullshit you're shoveling.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I said true stealthers, and I describe what I believe true stealthers are in the original post, which your clearly labouriously studied. Stealthers have to work harder than a grouper for success.

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
I said true stealthers, and I describe what I believe true stealthers are in the original post, which your clearly labouriously studied. Stealthers have to work harder than a grouper for success.
Indeed, cos stealthers never group. :eek7:
If i solo with my enchanter, am i a True Enchanter?

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Jaapi said:
Indeed, cos stealthers never group. :eek7:
If i solo with my enchanter, am i a True Enchanter?
I never said anything about grouping either way. Please actually read my post before embarrassing yourself again.

Calamore

Fledgling Freddie
solo for the win :p

Respect to drucul when he was crush as one of the top non stealther soloers :p

(btw the mile gates are nice hiding places for not stealthers if used well)

Remember u can make your own stealth!!!!!!!! trees 4 teh win

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
I never said anything about grouping either way. Please actually read my post before embarrassing yourself again.
Did some studying on it and here's the result. Notice that the word stealther is replaced by "solo enchanter" and you might notice what makes your rant funny.
Group players aren't worthy to kiss a true solo enchanter's boots. I mean real solo enchanters, who started the game playing their enchanter or have played it for a very long time. Players that play an enchanter because they are an enchanter, and not for the sheer success of it.
A true solo enchanter is always going to be the superior of any group player, for we rely on nobody but ourselves. Got yourself targetted when you leeched on a full group fight? Better do something pretty fantastic buddy, because you're going to die. We don't have no precious healers saving us while we stand there dribbling.
A solo enchanter is always at the risk of being steamrolled and he must always have a sharp mind and a cruel skill. You attack, you win, you get the fuck away. There is no room for a mistake, every second you spend in the open is a second where a full group can come and shaft you or a dozen alt stealthers, /spit, to come and kill you, and then laugh at you.

The next time a true solo enchanter adds on your healers, the first thing you do is say, "Thank you sir, may I have another?!"
Now do you realize that you are not talking about stealthers, but solo characters all together? Stealther is not the divine class you're trying to make it to be, all those go for ANY class that plays solo out there.
Stealther is just a class among others, stop trying to make it sound like a glorious faith that has chosen you for the job.

Not to mention that you actually have stealth to make it easier and choose your target. Oh the glory.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
A stealther who solos is a good and honourable player. A chanter who solos is an idiot.

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
A stealther who solos is a good and honourable player. A chanter who solos is an idiot.
A good and very well constructed argument. You trying to be Glottis II?

You know that being wrong from time to time ain't nothing to be ashamed, since we all are. Being and idiot constantly on purpose on the other hand...

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
You cannot effectively solo without a stealth key. Since I mistakenly believed everyone in the world had enough braincells to realise this, I naturally assumed this topic was about stealthers.

Jaond

Fledgling Freddie
A nonestealther that solo's is like the guys that stand at mtk yelling lvl 50 sb lfg.

Sure it can be fun to solo with my thane but my sb is better

Sure my sb can do good in a fg but my healer is better

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
So when i kill a solo stealther as a chanter, i'm not being effective?
There are other soloers out there too, just because it's hard doesn't mean you should choose the honourable and easy way.

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Jaond said:
Sure it can be fun to solo with my thane but my sb is better

Sure my sb can do good in a fg but my healer is better
Indeed, fun is important to me. :)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
It's when you get run over by a full group while the Nightshade a few feet away remains unseen that you should realise what you're doing wrong.

Jaond

Fledgling Freddie
Jaapi said:
So when i kill a solo stealther as a chanter, i'm not being effective?
There are other soloers out there too, just because it's hard doesn't mean you should choose the honourable and easy way.

The rare times you get a 1v1 any class can be fun solo, but

Stealth = you can chose your targets you don't have to fight that fg hibs that coming

No stealth = sooner or later you will get killed by superior numbers you can not chose your fights

Stealth is they key

Jaond

Fledgling Freddie
Jaapi said:
Indeed, fun is important to me. :)

True but i dont find it fun when my thane get killed by superior numbers 24/7 so imo sb > thane

Not saying it's wrong to solo as nonstealther but i find it booring to port 24/7, but continue solo'ing 10x fun to have 1v1 with nonstealthers. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom