lagtricks

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Jarakin said:
If it helps you all sleep better at night, go ahead and think what you like about eclipse. :m00:

My sleep is fine, no worries ;p. But I remember some warden...eclipse or whatever, that said on BW he used the run-through tricks to avoid quick-cast...but if it helps you sleep better at night, ignore that and pretend im just a whining kid, go ahead and think what _you_ like to about eclipse and ruin any chance of a constructive discussion.

Mourne

Fledgling Freddie
old.windforce said:
It s really annoying to get so many "not in view" and "to far away messages when you are standing on someone

2 ecplise <edited> casters </edited> all had this messages

Jarakin, Latino

strange that they all of a sudden have a laggy connecion

:puke: :puke: :twak: :twak:

I remember from when i played Hib prydwen that Jarakin ALWAYS had a shocking connection. He would go LD several times an hour and was always lagging. That was 2 years ago so not just recent.

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
My sleep is fine, no worries ;p. But I remember some warden...eclipse or whatever, that said on BW he used the run-through tricks to avoid quick-cast...but if it helps you sleep better at night, ignore that and pretend im just a whining kid, go ahead and think what _you_ like to about eclipse and ruin any chance of a constructive discussion.
yes and the eclipse warden is the only guy who does that to mages:rolleyes: get real

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I really don't have time for these cheaters, name and shame I guess this is, fed up with it, wanna cheat go play some single player game and turn on god mode...

Chanter, running along in an open field, switching direction now and then, and then PA and... look at the screenie ... I sprinted after praticaly on top of the caster, until I realsed there was no point and turned around and restealthed.

Attachments

• lag cheat.JPG
    lag cheat.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 146

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Jaem- said:
I really don't have time for these cheaters, name and shame I guess this is, fed up with it, wanna cheat go play some single player game and turn on god mode...

Chanter, running along in an open field, switching direction now and then, and then PA and... look at the screenie ... I sprinted after praticaly on top of the caster, until I realsed there was no point and turned around and restealthed.

i have similar screenies :cheers:

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Soulbringer said:
wtf j00 not read the rulez or sum? when j00 get hit you muzt stand still! no moving around trying to get away! damn luri&elfs!
stop,drop and roll! you didnt go to school or sum??

:m00:

well they must stand still to cast...

and casting they did luwi --> :twak: <-- me

kee-

Fledgling Freddie
just seen a few fights from that night, and i guess your talking about the fights near DC, and then one past mmg towards mpk, didnt see any warping from the casters, but did see your tanks warping when their stuck to them, so its either some weird bug, or your just randomly lagging - also see pets lagging around in the fights too btw.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
imo, Eclipse casters aint lagging :p

Redb casting first mezz...now that's lagg... but nm :D

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Tareregion said:
yes and the eclipse warden is the only guy who does that to mages:rolleyes: get real

I didn't say the eclipse warden, whoever it was (it wasn't furball, was a celt), was the only one who did it. I simply asked whether or not this was considered abuse. And if it was, if Eclipse dont mind people admittedly abusing in their guild, what kind of trust do they build for themselves?

It's only a question. Why don't you just answer the question?

Is going through the opponent just in time to screw a quick-cast considered abuse? The fact the question immedieately puts you on the defensive to make such a comment like that, accusing others of the same, suggest it is. Still want a real answer tho. No whine intended etc, just wanna know what people think about the subject.

I think it is considered abuse. I have a feeling most people agree with me. I don't know for 100%.

And if it is considered abuse, what is Eclipse's reaction to a guild member abusing this?

It was just a question, but since it seems some of you just go "amagad, an alb making some silly whine qq over eclipse beating them", I have to make this long reply in hope that some of you actually will realize I only want a constructive debate.

In the meantime, you might consider what it would be like if a US citizen crashed an airplane into the Twin Towers of Kuala Lumpur and afterwards went "YEAH QQ MORE NOOB AL QAIDA DID IT TO US FIRST"...because its in reality the same as abusing game bugs because others do so.

Pio

One of Freddy's beloved
Why don't you ask him on irc what he does instead of posting on a thread he won't see. Smaug on irc fyi.

And tbh I couldn't care less if he does I've seen loads of ppl do it in mid/alb

Jarakin

One of Freddy's beloved
Old.Ilum said:
I didn't say the eclipse warden, whoever it was (it wasn't furball, was a celt), was the only one who did it. I simply asked whether or not this was considered abuse. And if it was, if Eclipse dont mind people admittedly abusing in their guild, what kind of trust do they build for themselves?

It's only a question. Why don't you just answer the question?

Is going through the opponent just in time to screw a quick-cast considered abuse? The fact the question immedieately puts you on the defensive to make such a comment like that, accusing others of the same, suggest it is. Still want a real answer tho. No whine intended etc, just wanna know what people think about the subject.

I think it is considered abuse. I have a feeling most people agree with me. I don't know for 100%.

And if it is considered abuse, what is Eclipse's reaction to a guild member abusing this?

It was just a question, but since it seems some of you just go "amagad, an alb making some silly whine qq over eclipse beating them", I have to make this long reply in hope that some of you actually will realize I only want a constructive debate.

In the meantime, you might consider what it would be like if a US citizen crashed an airplane into the Twin Towers of Kuala Lumpur and afterwards went "YEAH QQ MORE NOOB AL QAIDA DID IT TO US FIRST"...because its in reality the same as abusing game bugs because others do so.

As the reality is that the running through and sticking to avoid qc blah blah is such a commonplace thing to do nowadays and see it pretty much every single fight i'm in on all sides of the fence, I personally will not complain about it being used against me or used by someone on my own side.

'Laghaxoring' however, i'm against, if of course its intentional, which I guess you can never tell, other than just having to trust the integrity of said enemy. Eclipse plays to win, but in a fair manner, alot of enemies and allies alike know this, and give us deserved respect, others that don't know us so well can frankly think what they like as we'll keep playing the way we always do, regardless.

Jara.

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
I thought it was Succi saying that he lagstrafed,but he most likely only said it as a joke,cos I've never seen him do it. o0

Kawaii

Fledgling Freddie
:rolleyes: can someone make new wajn to postfam now, this one doesnt make sense anymore :eek7:

if it's caused by server lag, it's not their fault is it?

if they're doing it on purpose, they should realise they spoil the game for others.

but don't just go around screaming that everyone's a cheater... how do you expect people to react then :|

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
i just turn my kazaa upload to max when i enter combat...

i always forget that but only when i enter combat i think of it, silly me!

but cheating...me?? no ofcourse not turning kazaa on isnt a cheat!

and no i dont do it on purpose, not my fault my upload is capped, blame my isp when you see me lagging around in battle!

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
Seen more and more people using this lately. Utterly lame in my opinion to use bugs within the game to get advantages. Yes, its a game bug that /stick dont work and daoc dont check positions often enough. Im sure people in my own guild use this as well. I wish people would stop but why would it stop when more and more do it for every day? Some people say accept it and lets play with this new "rules". Well, its hard for me to accept a thing like this.

I would have nothing against people spinning around or strafing to avoid enemy tanks nail their best positionals. Nothing wrong with that. But when people use it to make the enemy tank unable to attack at all because most of the attacks get "Your target is not in view" and about all styles get canceled, at best I can get a unstyled attack sometimes. And yes, i know im suppose to /face and not only /stick but it doesnt work. Work sometimes but far from always. Combine this with a defensive tank guarding the target and I wont be able to kill my target no matter how long my assist train is on him.

So far i have mainly seen hibs use this. But lately some mids and in a while at least most "rvr guilds" will use this.

Some names of people who has really used it vs me.

Cauldron of Eclipse (This was the first i saw on server use it)
Lokay of Nolby Pride
Remish of Maelstrom

Theres many more i could name but these 3 has been the worst so far vs me. Also some others in those guilds use it sometimes.

As i said earlier, im sure people in PE use it as well. And i have told them not to use it. And they say: "But all use it vs us". I think i can reduce the usage quite much(in pe) but i cant promise i can make all in pe to not use it 100%.

Enemy rvr guilds who dont use it:

Everlast
Bulle af Fetstryk
Bad omen
Also 95% of the little less rvr focused guilds dont use it. (So if your guild isnt listed doesnt mean you use it. Just that i cant name all guilds on server)

/salute to you all

This problem is so far mainly used by a small number of people. But its growing. I dont think the problem will solve itself. I dont think anything i write here will make a difference. I know about all replying to this post will be negative and will most likely flame me. Because all have to defend their friends of course. I do however like this game. And in my opinion this doesnt belong in the game.

Thanks for reading my whole post.

Aldrick

Fledgling Freddie
Its also annoying when you are sticked to therug and sprintin and he just runs off and runs like 1m ahead of you for 1 minute and you get like 1 hit on him in that time.

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
Aldrick said:
Its also annoying when you are sticked to therug and sprintin and he just runs off and runs like 1m ahead of you for 1 minute and you get like 1 hit on him in that time.

Yes that has also happend much lately. Im sure this isnt anyones fault though. Just that sometimes its impossible to swing the weapon for a while. I can run sticked to a enemy with my weapon up and still not be able to hit him. Only thing that possible to do then(that i know) is to take a new target.

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Likewise, My guild and I are encountering this sort of lag abusing a lot more recently. Very rarely seen it when fighting mids, and all credit to them for that, but it appears to be endemic among the hib rvr-orientated guilds.
I'm sure that some albs use it too, alas. All I can do is to ask that players in other realms, name and shame persistant abusers they encounter.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Frubly said:
Dreami's sig

---------------
Dreami, Briton RR9.8 Merc
Dreamie, Saracen RR4 Infeel

<snoz> u and dreami hit fucking hard
<snoz> ur near savage level
<snoz> i got lvl50 savage now
<snoz> i can get 800 non styled
<snoz> at rr1
----------------

that one?

Agree. :D

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Old.Ilum said:
My sleep is fine, no worries ;p. But I remember some warden...eclipse or whatever, that said on BW he used the run-through tricks to avoid quick-cast...

Aye i remember the thread, but was a NP warden ("like i'm gonna let u root me" or some shit).

Mael, 50th menta.

Soulbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Fadeh said:
Seen more and more people using this lately. Utterly lame in my opinion to use bugs within the game to get advantages. Yes, its a game bug that /stick dont work and daoc dont check positions often enough. Im sure people in my own guild use this as well. I wish people would stop but why would it stop when more and more do it for every day? Some people say accept it and lets play with this new "rules". Well, its hard for me to accept a thing like this.

I would have nothing against people spinning around or strafing to avoid enemy tanks nail their best positionals. Nothing wrong with that. But when people use it to make the enemy tank unable to attack at all because most of the attacks get "Your target is not in view" and about all styles get canceled, at best I can get a unstyled attack sometimes. And yes, i know im suppose to /face and not only /stick but it doesnt work. Work sometimes but far from always. Combine this with a defensive tank guarding the target and I wont be able to kill my target no matter how long my assist train is on him.

So far i have mainly seen hibs use this. But lately some mids and in a while at least most "rvr guilds" will use this.

Some names of people who has really used it vs me.

Cauldron of Eclipse (This was the first i saw on server use it)
Lokay of Nolby Pride
Remish of Maelstrom

Theres many more i could name but these 3 has been the worst so far vs me. Also some others in those guilds use it sometimes.

As i said earlier, im sure people in PE use it as well. And i have told them not to use it. And they say: "But all use it vs us". I think i can reduce the usage quite much(in pe) but i cant promise i can make all in pe to not use it 100%.

Enemy rvr guilds who dont use it:

Everlast
Bulle af Fetstryk
Bad omen
Also 95% of the little less rvr focused guilds dont use it. (So if your guild isnt listed doesnt mean you use it. Just that i cant name all guilds on server)

/salute to you all

This problem is so far mainly used by a small number of people. But its growing. I dont think the problem will solve itself. I dont think anything i write here will make a difference. I know about all replying to this post will be negative and will most likely flame me. Because all have to defend their friends of course. I do however like this game. And in my opinion this doesnt belong in the game.

Thanks for reading my whole post.

your kinda funny, remish started going this lastnight and you mention him, just shows how much you QQ when you loose :m00:
if you were serious in your post you would put arids name there since his done it for weeks if not months, and lets not even talk about hello i can fly around and cast spells while ma train is unable to hit me pbuck
when it didnt effect you and people told you about how PE members were doin it the answers were always "/fadeh has left the channel" now when your facing it its a different story innit.. :kissit:

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Fadeh said:

People have been moaning about certain memebers of PE doing this for ages, and you haven't given a damn, part of the game, /face, etc etc
yet only when it happens to you do you try and get your memebers to stop.
most mids probably wouldn't have a clue how well strafing works if it wasn't for pe
you brought it on yourself by not stopping them earlier

oh and i do agree, it would be much better if noone strafed at all (or ran away from me ;) ), and if it stops now before it becomes any more widespread.

Makwaerk

Fledgling Freddie
Aldrick said:

it get really annoying when you notice that it very offen are the same ppl you can't hit :(

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
As i said. People would flame me... They all defend their guild people.

Funny though. Only people who flame are the ones who use it.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Fadeh said:
As i said. People would flame me... They all defend their guild people.

Funny though. Only people who flame are the ones who use it.

i'm still curious why you didn't do anything about pe members strafing for so long?

Soulbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Elendar said:
i'm still curious why you didn't do anything about pe members strafing for so long?

cause it didnt effect his gameplay? he only QQ when it does, all

ME ME ME ME ME! in his posts :puke:

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
He probably did, fadeh is not the type of person who would say carry on doing it or do it back to them if they do it to us.Afterall you can't actually make someone stop doing something in this game unless you report them which often doesn't do much, but strafing is part of the game yes although if a tank/caster/support class is guarded and they strafe, it can win the battle sadly which shouldn't be the case but due to stupid game design it is. :twak:

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
aarrgh, housemate uses bittorrent sometimes, have to go and beat him with a large stick before i play so he stops or its not worth leaving the pk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom