lagtricks

Discussion in 'RvR Discussions' started by old.windforce, Jan 22, 2004.

1. old.windforce

old.windforce Part of the furniture

It s really annoying to get so many "not in view" and "to far away messages when you are standing on someone

2 ecplise <edited> casters </edited> all had this messages

Jarakin, Latino

strange that they all of a sudden have a laggy connecion

:puke: :puke: :twak: :twak:

2. Rami

Rami One of Freddy's beloved

3. Jarakin

Jarakin One of Freddy's beloved

Hmm, so when did i become a chanter? :twak:

4. Fenster

Fenster Fledgling Freddie

:kissit:

5. Pio

Pio Can't get enough of FH

omfg does that make me mana eld then?

6. Rami

Rami One of Freddy's beloved

Whenever I say so, elph :p

7. Kreig

Kreig One of Freddy's beloved

Wtf does a vid prove? Nothing really, you could have easily made the vid whilst artificially laging ur PC to create the asthetic effect.

Not saying that you do or dont lag, just that a vid doesnt prove much.

8. Derric

Derric Fledgling Freddie

Slo,your avatar scares me. :(

9. Kreig

Kreig One of Freddy's beloved

Have seen many posts and complaints about this kind of thing before, but it seems very convient sometimes that "lag" happens when your under attack. I think Prudi made a good point about it here on FH regarding Loch lagging at amg (That the said person wasnt lagging at all in the fight then suddenly as soon as there being attacked they lag like they're on a 28kbs modem). PPl blame computers/connections all the time, if this was a few years ago i could probley believe it. BUT the game is 2+ years old most ppl have upgraded naturally (either more Ram, better CPU etc) also connections? wtf is that about. I know pretty much for a fact that the majority of the UK have access to broadband connections also at very similiar prices to Dial-Ups nowdays. As we all know alot of the UK servers are played by ppl from Scandinvia, i know a far few and enough to know that alot of you over there have access to way suppiorer connections than here in the UK (T1's etc in home).

But hey im not accusing any one or anything, besides DAoC has more Fishy goings on than a Fishmonger working part-time in a brothal. Face it ppl know the hacks, the ways round things, the code and the shite security of the game. The ppl that use those kinds of ploys and tricks are sad lamers, GoA probley cant catch them or hasnt the time and resources to spend some solid time gathering hardcore evidence against a small % of the community.

10. Shanaia

Shanaia Fledgling Freddie

Problem is ... it's not a small % anymore ... it's a huge % ... I notice it a lot when shooting people .. I always /face ... I shoot crit arrow ... and another arrow .. person starts moving... then before 3rd arrow hits they pop back to where they started ... and the ammount of times this happens makes me believe it's FAR beyond "A small percentage" ...

Problem is ... this might eventually kill DAOC ... cheating/hacking almost killed counterstrike ... before Cheating Death and other anticheat tools became common there was a HUGE decline in playerbase... so even if it's a "small percentage" using the cheat ... it might result in a big percentage of people leaving the game.

11. Derric

Derric Fledgling Freddie

I've RvR'd lots on my minstrel and I've hardly seen anything of these "lagtricks" people talk so much about.
    Sure,once or twice I've seen a guy lag,but what the hell,can't start thinking "OMG CHEAT!" at once.
    No offense to anyone,but I think in a lot of cases the complaints about "tricks" is just people that got disappointed from losing.

12. VidX

VidX One of Freddy's beloved

Nope Derric, it's a common occurance in RvR now, just watch and see how many times you actually target a caster, watch them seem to move while casting, hit you, and then pop out of range.

Or to be chasing a healer with a melee class, especially on /assist, and then find the healer is out of range of /stick and is happily casting spread heal again.

And yes, it seems to only happen when it benefits them, i.e. when they are able to stay out of harms reach or evade the /assist train.

Personally I can't wait til it's fixed, will see a vast decrease in the apparent 'skill' level of alot of people and guild groups.

13. Cybwyn

Cybwyn Fledgling Freddie

It's got to the point now where if you see anyone lagging you automatically assume that they're doing it on purpose, and that isn't good for the game's health. :(

14. nick

nick Fledgling Freddie

Haha. Don't go using my vid as evidence for anything. I've said it before and I'll say it again. What does loch gain from lagging through a milegate where the enemies are actually on the otherside of it - ie. the side he's lagging through to?

15. Ogrelin Blodig

Ogrelin Blodig One of Freddy's beloved

I agree... I haven't seen this happend alot ither... lag is lag, I hate to say it but this kind of things happends more often to me when I exp then when I RvR...

16. Tareregion

Tareregion Fledgling Freddie

Jarakin cheater!!1

i think it just comes from running at full speed and then suddenly stopping with /face, no cheating intended. Except for jarakin ofc.

17. old.windforce

i was not the only one with "not in view" messages. So was Sycho / Ilum

18. Ardrias

Ardrias Fledgling Freddie

Should play offline games if you cant handle people lagging from time to time :eek:

19. Tuppe

Tuppe Fledgling Freddie

see this alott but from own screens :)
    have 516 adls connection, 2 pc sharing.
    other pc is for bott use mainly, and main pc using for main chars.
    lately been alott in iarnv lair, dont even count how many time bott follow some ghoust to agro camp when main is stopped in good space.

sometimes i hear reactionary sounds faster from my bott pc speakers what main etc etc.

bott pc is whit 256mb memory, and some old gf2 gt vid card but instead faster amd xp 2200 processor, comparing main pc:s older amd 1800 (516 memory and gf4 ti)

20. Smurflord

Smurflord Fledgling Freddie

People lagging from time to time is not the issue.
    People lagging on demand just when it's most convienient time after time is the issue.
    No-one really has a problem with genuine lag.

21. Aenir

Aenir Fledgling Freddie

Even Ns use lag tricks to get away from my n00b rr2 sb, or maybe i was just dreaming ?
    ( It did happen though, honest ! )

:flame:

22. Jaem-

Jaem- Can't get enough of FH

I experienced a fight with a NS few days ago, where he kept getting off side styles, didn't strafe or move to the side, as I use combination of /stick and /face to use havoc, is it "lag on demand" when he can keep appearing to the side of me?

I'm also a rr2 SB n00b, if it was cheating, I didn't realise you needed to cheat vs SB's of d00m that can't Pa to save me life ;P

23. Glyph

Glyph Fledgling Freddie

Ppl lag abusing it getting annoying, I often see ppl stick on me, then run many lengths away from me, loose stick, and I can run freely again, nothing I do on purpose, just that 256 ram of mine is broken so im running with 256 only

24. Frubly

Frubly Fledgling Freddie

Seeing as most casters/healers use /face now I just assumed it was because of the lagging forward when the person has faced lag that has been in the game for ages.

As I am mostly on interrupt duty I see it happen loads but I don’t come to the boards and start a freddyswhine post about it :rolleyes: .

25. old.windforce

tbh it was in the pbaoe box. has zit to do with /face to stand still very fast

i was nuked 3 times for 500-ish damage at least before the oov message appeared and had 1-2 hits in and one hit was blocked. after that the mysterious lag started

of course its possible i was lagging or 2-3 other casters where that time. the laws of probability are not in favor of this though

and tbh, no better way to inaugurate these board with some nice wajn and cheese :m00:

26. Ilum

Ilum Can't get enough of FH

Make more fotm melee grps imo, Eclipse and NP okok?

27. kee-

kee- Fledgling Freddie

I ran with the eclipse group all last night, saw absolutly no lagging on my screen, so if you got oov messages, it must just be them strafing :p

28. Sycho

Sycho Can't get enough of FH

No casters strafed.

I KNOW what strafing is, but when a caster stand next to you and it's out of range that's not right, i am not the only one to see this, but then again several players doing it as of late xE

29. p0x

p0x Fledgling Freddie

Bleh, silly me for hoping retarded threads would die with BW :/

30. Tareregion

Tareregion Fledgling Freddie

kk m8, givf us BoF or a 800dmg unstyled hitting evading tank class then plz