lag

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
had to stop playing tonight lag was terrible and fps dropped to 16 at one point, was fun in RvR while it lasted, but no fun when your just stood there then get hit by 20 fireballs from BW's

:-(

:m00:

bronnac

Fledgling Freddie
You best sort out your internet connection then aye :)

Dont give me that its the server lag nonsense either.....if it was then how could the BW send 20 fireballs your way with lag :p

Poag

m00?
Fraid i have to agree. Last night was very laggy, I had no FPS issues but alot of times I would do a number of attacks, nothing would happen for a few seconds, then the mob would die and i'd get spammed with all the damage I did.

Wasn't just me either, was grouped with some swedes aswell who were having the same problems, mobs freezeing then suddenly being ontop of them and the player being almost dead.

bronnac

Fledgling Freddie
Fraid i have to agree. Last night was very laggy, I had no FPS issues but alot of times I would do a number of attacks, nothing would happen for a few seconds, then the mob would die and i'd get spammed with all the damage I did.

Wasn't just me either, was grouped with some swedes aswell who were having the same problems, mobs freezeing then suddenly being ontop of them and the player being almost dead.

Joking aside, I have has some lag too in RvR, just something that will get better in time.

I hate it when mobs just stand there when thier dead, dont you?

6760Anders

Fledgling Freddie
Personally, I also experienced lagg yesterday evening, and i also experienced a game->todesktop-> crash.. First timer..

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
Joking aside, I have has some lag too in RvR, just something that will get better in time.

I hate it when mobs just stand there when thier dead, dont you?

What? the lag will get better? (no more lag plz lol)

seriously though I had zero lag outside of RvR but hugh mount of lag in RvR - and I know its not my connection.

Chey

Fledgling Freddie
we took a guild group into rvr last night and all were experiencing lag, we left the epic battle area and went off and capped other objectives, with less lag issues.

pve at that time had no lag issuesl

Poag

m00?

Well actually it had been perfect for me until last night, no CTDs not caused by alt tabbing, no lag issues either.

Last night was the first actual issue I had with lag.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
You best sort out your internet connection then aye :)

Dont give me that its the server lag nonsense either.....if it was then how could the BW send 20 fireballs your way with lag :p

its not my connection i have a 15Mbps download from a paris node i tested. next time i get lad i will knock down my graphics settings to see if that improves, then again you should not have to lowers your graphics in order to play.

Its possibly server side CPU performance

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
its not my connection i have a 15Mbps download from a paris node i tested. next time i get lad i will knock down my graphics settings to see if that improves, then again you should not have to lowers your graphics in order to play.

Its possibly server side CPU performance

Don't confuse low fps with latency. Your graphics settings (performance measured in FPS) has no effect on the network connection (performance measured in ms).

bronnac

Fledgling Freddie
Right firstly, I'm well and truly fecked off with the Lag in PvP battles now, really I can sympahize with the OP.

I am sick to the back teeth of beating the shit out of someone only to find that I cant use an attack because i'm "Too Far Away" when i'm stood right next to them only to find they jump 10 foot away from me seconds later.

I finally hit the First RvR area in the game world and its just happening when ever other Human Controlled players appear......

The Starter Area RvR Senario is absolutly fine...NO LAG WHAT SO EVER!.

Secondly, I'm a Shadow Warrior. I'f i step anywhere more than 2 foot away from someone, my Melee attacks always say "I'm too far away" which is fine, thats what it is suppost to do BUT WHY Can an Enemy Dark Elf dude with Two swords DPS the shit out of me with melee Combat when I'm nearly 10 foot away?? I'm running away from him and he can hit me from that far? Thats royaly smurfed up the backend ffs.

Seriously, My head start code is still active and my sealed SE box is on my computer desk just lying there and it gonna stay there untill these issues are fixed because all my quests at level 8 are taking into the RvR area and theres nothing I can do to level up because of this.

Axe bite Pass isn't even a Full Server FFS!

Thats my rant for today!

No Wait!....Remove that 7 day, cant make a new thread, crap will ya!

Now im finished

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Please get this allready.. FPS LAG and Connection LAG is NOT the same..

FPS LAG = stuttering game = Your pc SUCK, or your having the memory leak error (Dont know if this have been fixed in the last days patching, might have.. I Havent had it lately).

Connection LAG = Game is smooth, but nothing happens = The server, Your pc, Your connection, Your ISP, Host ISP - might have a problem...

bronnac

Fledgling Freddie
Please get this allready.. FPS LAG and Connection LAG is NOT the same..

FPS = Your pc SUCK, or your having the memory leak error (Dont know if this have been fixed in the last days patching, might have.. I Havent had it lately).

Connection = The server, Your pc, Your connection, Your ISP, Host ISP - have a problem...

That better not be directed at me.

This is not FPS lag you muppet.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
The memory leak most certainly haven't been fixed. The game continues to accumulate RAM during play which is only cleared once you relog.

The game does stutter at times, and don't just say peoples computer "suck" because you have no clue about what their computers are.
The game is struggling when stuff is happening at the same time for many people, and with the quality of graphics in this game - it shouldn't be that much.
I hope it is just a couple of client memory leak issue, but I fear it is something larger then that (graphic engine problem perhaps) which isn't easy to fix and which will make L40 keep fights all but unplayable for many people for a long time.

And when mobs and players aren't being reported as being where they actually are - I start to wonder whether it is indeed the client and perhaps not something more serious. I've more then once rooted players who could follow me for ages, only to "bounce" back and forth afterwards - and similar with mobs. Or when players are miles away and then suddenly on top of you - then it looks like there are serious sync problems as well between the server and the client - and no it isn't my ISP which "sucks".

But it was the same with DAoC - although they eventually managed to fix most of the leaks and clean up the graphics engine after a year or so.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Right firstly, I'm well and truly fecked off with the Lag in PvP battles now, really I can sympahize with the OP.

I am sick to the back teeth of beating the shit out of someone only to find that I cant use an attack because i'm "Too Far Away" when i'm stood right next to them only to find they jump 10 foot away from me seconds later.

I finally hit the First RvR area in the game world and its just happening when ever other Human Controlled players appear......

The Starter Area RvR Senario is absolutly fine...NO LAG WHAT SO EVER!.

Secondly, I'm a Shadow Warrior. I'f i step anywhere more than 2 foot away from someone, my Melee attacks always say "I'm too far away" which is fine, thats what it is suppost to do BUT WHY Can an Enemy Dark Elf dude with Two swords DPS the shit out of me with melee Combat when I'm nearly 10 foot away?? I'm running away from him and he can hit me from that far? Thats royaly smurfed up the backend ffs.

Seriously, My head start code is still active and my sealed SE box is on my computer desk just lying there and it gonna stay there untill these issues are fixed because all my quests at level 8 are taking into the RvR area and theres nothing I can do to level up because of this.

Axe bite Pass isn't even a Full Server FFS!

Thats my rant for today!

No Wait!....Remove that 7 day, cant make a new thread, crap will ya!

Now im finished

QFFT

Sick to death of beating on people only to get the message 'to far away' even though i am right behind them 2 sec later they are 100 yards in front of me.

20mb virgin cable here.

Probably the shit france transit network :p

Seriously as a melee player you are disadvantaged almost everytime in RVR.

Keep battles?

Not very fun not being able to do anything so have to sit inside/outside keep for 2 hours :m00::m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom