Lag or cheats ?

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
C4W3 says you are a good manwhore!

You leave my swedish sex kitten out of this! :)

I'm not closing my eyes to this btw - I know it's going on but before you know it people will be screaming OMFG CHEATER when it's lag, them being shit, and other shenanigans.

M

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
You leave my swedish sex kitten out of this! :)

I'm not closing my eyes to this btw - I know it's going on but before you know it people will be screaming OMFG CHEATER when it's lag, them being shit, and other shenanigans.

M

That brings back memories of when I used to play Counter-Strike years and years ago when people were still on 33.6k/56.6k modems and I was on an a IDSN connection!

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
Common sight seeing Order players run around in the lava totaly immune,pretty sad when i have to start up frapps before logging in now.

its prolly bad on both sides.... we have had 2 incidents in guild, where we are pretty sure they got banned for some kind of cheatin, oh well guess that happens when you open the guild :twak:

WaveZtream

Fledgling Freddie
I don't see any point by cheating. I mean you are lower than garbage just by using cheats. And what are we paying the monthly fee for if not to keep the MMO game you playing free from this.

That is one of the big reasons I pay cash for a MMO. So Mythic better straighten their shit out and fast.

Do remind you that they don't even got their own damn forum which pretty much says everything about Mythic. They don't care and don't wanna hear feedback from the people actually playing their product.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
its prolly bad on both sides.... we have had 2 incidents in guild, where we are pretty sure they got banned for some kind of cheatin, oh well guess that happens when you open the guild :twak:

o yea for sure i bet it is happening on both sides i didn't mean to imply it was order only.

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
Do remind you that they don't even got their own damn forum which pretty much says everything about Mythic. They don't care and don't wanna hear feedback from the people actually playing their product.

Actually I think Mythic are doing a pretty good job when it comes to cleaning up MMO pollution. They where banning people like crazy during the Daoc Radar days and their Gold seller banning in WAR is top notch. As long as there is a support i dont see the need for an official forum either. Its usually 90% crying, epeen measurements and pointless arguing on those anyway.

rynnor

Rockhound
I saw an NPC in the Inevitable city walking half submerged under the ground - think I should report him? :p

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Actually I think Mythic are doing a pretty good job when it comes to cleaning up MMO pollution. They where banning people like crazy during the Daoc Radar days and their Gold seller banning in WAR is top notch. As long as there is a support i dont see the need for an official forum either. Its usually 90% crying, epeen measurements and pointless arguing on those anyway.

I think your missing a key point, banning players for using software like radar is not the solution, the solution is to fix the problem so software like radar doesn't work, Mythic are, again, going about this backwards.

Banning players left right and centre does not solve anything, it just thins down the population. Mythic have a potentially massive problem right now and it does have the potential to permanently damage the game unless they do something proactive instead of reactive and tackle the problem at it's source. Some players who use cheats are decent people deep down, they just want to be able to compete and some occasionally make the mistake of trying a cheat programme, often out of curiosity, if cheating wasn't rediculously easy, most wouldn't even try in the first place.

Seen more of this crap today (floating archmage and a warping BW moving at dodgy speeds) and tbh i just cba to report everyone i think might potentially be cheating, I just don't have the inclination anymore to spend any of my limited gaming time trying to spot cheats and doing GOA's job for them.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
I think your missing a key point, banning players for using software like radar is not the solution, the solution is to fix the problem so software like radar doesn't work, Mythic are, again, going about this backwards.

Banning players left right and centre does not solve anything, it just thins down the population. Mythic have a potentially massive problem right now and it does have the potential to permanently damage the game unless they do something proactive instead of reactive and tackle the problem at it's source. Some players who use cheats are decent people deep down, they just want to be able to compete and some occasionally make the mistake of trying a cheat programme, often out of curiosity, if cheating wasn't rediculously easy, most wouldn't even try in the first place.

Seen more of this crap today (floating archmage and a warping BW moving at dodgy speeds) and tbh i just cba to report everyone i think might potentially be cheating, I just don't have the inclination anymore to spend any of my limited gaming time trying to spot cheats and doing GOA's job for them.

:iagree:

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie
The problem is if we the playerbase don't report these people mythic won't be able to look at the logs and see whats going on and then try and come up with a solution to it.

I know its a pain in the butt having to write down names and then go through the clunky UI to report them but its the only way and I've been in a couple of games where nothing at all was done about cheats and you end up with more cheats than people willing to play fair. :(

After todays patch its become alot harder because now i'm lagging like a good un in scenarios which i wasn't before but hopefully this emergency server shutdown might fix that ;)

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
I used Knockback on a witch elf earlier and she managed to kill me with melee combat during her decent into the larva, whilst well and truly out of range. Ive seen a simular thing with pve mobs and there not cheating afaik but it is hard to tell what is a game bug or lag or what could be cheating. Have to agree with what Tallen has put on the subject though.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

:worthy:

Fizzlebutt

Fledgling Freddie
A quick google leads to an interesting site. and if such a tool is really usable in this game then i sure do hope mythic will do something about it asap. They probably already know of the site, but in any case im gonna report it anyway.

Makes me sad to see people would ruin others game experience by resorting to those means.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Wooohooo..a BW with knockback now,but then not saying they are overpowered;)

Sorc gets 1 eventually.

Soazak

Part of the furniture

Amen to that!

The last big radar ban on the US servers pretty much killed the nightly rvr.

Seems just about all the groups roaming had a healer using radar, the action would be great, then overnight the ban healers/bards/sorcs from just about every active guild group on the server were banned, consiquently the rest of the group stopped running as they had no driver. Eventually the rvr died out because no one was roaming any more.

With one patch they pretty much made the frontiers desolate.

It will obviously be different with larger populations when they can afford to lose players here and there, but you are right the issue is the program itself, not the people using it.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Some players who use cheats are decent people deep down, they just want to be able to compete and some occasionally make the mistake of trying a cheat programme, often out of curiosity, if cheating wasn't rediculously easy, most wouldn't even try in the first place.

Not disputing at all that it would be good if Mythic could code around the problem, but this kind of bollocks gets right on my tits.

'Awww, poor little lamb got busted for trying out a cheat program... wwwaaahhhhh it's not fair!'

Utter shite! If you don't want to be banned, don't cheat. End of. You make a choice when you install the cheat, and if you don't want to be banned, don't do it! It's being easy has sod all to do with it. It's easy to nick a chocolate bar in a supermarket, but is it right? No. Allowing people any excuse, be it 'I was trying it out or testing it', 'everyone else does it, why not me' or any other such crap is just a lying down acceptance of a lack of moral fibre.

People need to grow some.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Amen to that!

The last big radar ban on the US servers pretty much killed the nightly rvr.

Seems just about all the groups roaming had a healer using radar, the action would be great, then overnight the ban healers/bards/sorcs from just about every active guild group on the server were banned, consiquently the rest of the group stopped running as they had no driver. Eventually the rvr died out because no one was roaming any more.

With one patch they pretty much made the frontiers desolate.

It will obviously be different with larger populations when they can afford to lose players here and there, but you are right the issue is the program itself, not the people using it.

tells a lot about the roaming style fgs, doesn`t it ?

i never liked roaming, probably because i never had radar :p

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Can't believe you put every FG near radar...

i didn`t. i only sugested that the use of radar might have been more widespread in a certain part of the daoc community, as that part seems to have been more affected by radar related bans.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Plenty of it going on, in my own experience it has been used against me when I am fighting BW's. Names have been reported.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Not disputing at all that it would be good if Mythic could code around the problem, but this kind of bollocks gets right on my tits.

'Awww, poor little lamb got busted for trying out a cheat program... wwwaaahhhhh it's not fair!'

Utter shite! If you don't want to be banned, don't cheat. End of. You make a choice when you install the cheat, and if you don't want to be banned, don't do it! It's being easy has sod all to do with it. It's easy to nick a chocolate bar in a supermarket, but is it right? No. Allowing people any excuse, be it 'I was trying it out or testing it', 'everyone else does it, why not me' or any other such crap is just a lying down acceptance of a lack of moral fibre.

Amen to that.
tells a lot about the roaming style fgs, doesn`t it ?

i never liked roaming, probably because i never had radar :p

??? You're not seriously suggesting that all FG's used radar are you? I saw some pretty weird stuff from people in zergs but I'd never think that every one of the players who ran in them used exploits or hacks.

No doubt some people in FG's used it; though so did some soloers & some people in zergs.

99.99% of the time FG's that jumped my group did it by using the terrain & panning better than we did

i didn`t. i only sugested that the use of radar might have been more widespread in a certain part of the daoc community, as that part seems to have been more affected by radar related bans.

No - you'd just notice it more. If someone goes from a zerg who's to know?? If the driver goes awol for Group X & group X can no longer run til they've got a new driver then you'd notice.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

I don't disagree, cheats should be punished, but while some actively persue or create hacks, some simply have it dangled infront of them and temptation is a very human failing. Never read a walkthrough for a game or a quest spoiler? Thats essentially cheating as well don't forget, only a bit further down the trough.

My argument is that if it wasn't either rediculously easy to cheat or that players sometimes cheat just because their enemy cheats to compete on an even footing, a lot of players (not all) would never have cheated in the first place. Indiscriminate bannings do not fix the problem. Now, im not condoning cheating, but people are human and everyone makes mistakes when temptation is easy to grasp. If it wasn't so easy to obtain, most would never succumb to it or persue it.

Moral fibre is a very good choice of phrase and i take your point on this. It is obvious that a lot of people seem to lose all concept of moral fibre when they are sat behind a computer screen safe in their internet anonymity. This probably says a lot about the true nature of those who cheat in online games and the true nature of those same people when they do not have to conform to social graces.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
??? You're not seriously suggesting that all FG's used radar are you? I saw some pretty weird stuff from people in zergs but I'd never think that every one of the players who ran in them used exploits or hacks.

No doubt some people in FG's used it; though so did some soloers & some people in zergs.

99.99% of the time FG's that jumped my group did it by using the terrain & panning better than we did

You'd be amazed how many guilds used radar and how many got away with it. Some guilds had members who used it and often the guild didn't even know they were doing it.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Find where the cheaters live, seal them in their homes and burn them to the ground.

For repeat offenders we can work out something more drastic, possibly involving daytime TV.

Hufner

Fledgling Freddie
Find where the cheaters live, seal them in their homes and burn them to the ground.

For repeat offenders we can work out something more drastic, possibly involving daytime TV.

Make them join Big Brother?
And then force them to watch re-runs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom