Lag or cheats ?

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie
I won't name names but today and I've noticed a few times before I've been in melee range hitting someone then they seem to disappear for half a second then their 100-150 feet away.

Doesn't seem to happen with everyone just a select few who if i catch their names will be reported btw ;)

I'll let mythic decide if their cheating or not,I just hope it is me lagging but seems odd the way it happens.

Caylan Raal

Fledgling Freddie
Noticed same thing myself - and had the same feeling as you. Doesnt feel like its lag induced, not aware of any abilities that can do it either.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
It's a cheat program, google it or check youtube to find out more info.
Just report everyone using it, seen it myself quite a bit recently also.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I personally think it's a problem with the lag, a lot of the time people are farther away than your client thinks so you get the out of range message, but if in doubt report them imo. Even if it is only a problem with the game, hopefully the mass of appeals will promt mythic to fix the problem :kissit:

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
I had the same thing yesterday. Was fighting in the scenario and i started to chase down an Archmage. I'm on his ass slapping it hard when all of a sudden he is 100ft infront of me. So i chase him down again slowing him down to get closer. Same thing slapping him hard and boom another 100ft infront of me.

Needless to say I reported him and haven't seen him since.

Another one was 2 people from the same guild who were soloing a BO. So i stealth over and start killing the Bright Wizard who is about to die when all of a sudden he disappear and ends up over 100ft away from me behind a rock. So i go after the WP, who does the same thing!

Reported those two and also keeping a close eye on that guild when I'm playing my main!

Soazak

Part of the furniture
The dissapearing into the ground and re-appearing a couple a secs later sure isn't, I could post a vid of it but that is probably not allowed.

Don't think there would be any problems with a video being posted as long as cheats are not shown how to be done.

I've only seen things like this happen when it's pretty obvious it's lag, not seen anything so extreme I could say was cheating

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Whatever happened to Punkbuster? I thought they were using this to stop third-party software users from being able to cheat?

I have also seen the warping and the running through terrain quite a few times now on Karak Hirn and it's becoming increasingly common recently. As to what it actually is, well, who knows for sure.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
It's funny because i was thinking the same thing. It's been happening more and more lately, ive seen it quite a few times just today where ive been beating on someone for them to warp a mile out in front.. very odd behaviour

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Youtube is full with videos of programs (which cost money) to do a lot of silly things like self rezz, warping, teleporting, dead walking, speed hacking...

On a live server.

Don't want to badmouth the game, but they really have fucked it up, such things shouldn't be possible.

PB itself is just damage control, afair it doesn't work pro-active.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Youtube is full with videos of programs (which cost money) to do a lot of silly things like self rezz, warping, teleporting, dead walking, speed hacking...

On a live server.

Don't want to badmouth the game, but they really have fucked it up, such things shouldn't be possible.

my god i don't browse the forums much but do you have to fucking whine or have a dig in every single thread? it got boring 2 weeks ago, if you don't like the game GTFO you aren't forced to play

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
The vast majority of this is lag or the unintentional exploiting of bugs. In alot of the ancedotes here the tank runs upto the caster and starts attacking. The caster would in general start running. Now because of lag etc the tank doesn't see this until the caster is 100ft away. Also it is interesting to note that the tanks don't mention the caster trying to do anything while he was being attacked, which would indicate that what you are attacking is a lag ghost and the caster has already started to run.

We'll just let that hang in the air shall we :p

He didn't contradict himself because he said he "didn't want to" rather than he "wasn't going to".

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
We'll just let that hang in the air shall we :p

No, tell me.

If you want to be pedantic, then let me tell you that people can do stuff against their own will or with a bad feeling, there is no contradiction in it. It's not like I have written "I am not going to badmouth the game [...].

It's just a shame really that you play a scenario, see certain casters warping off as soon as you are in their melee range, you think it's lag, but it's somehow different and very dodgy and predictable, so you investigate and find out that there are cheats that do that... shame.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
The vast majority of this is lag or the unintentional exploiting of bugs. In alot of the ancedotes here the tank runs upto the caster and starts attacking. The caster would in general start running. Now because of lag etc the tank doesn't see this until the caster is 100ft away. Also it is interesting to note that the tanks don't mention the caster trying to do anything while he was being attacked, which would indicate that what you are attacking is a lag ghost and the caster has already started to run.

Yeah, that was the behavior before the hacks became popular.

He didn't contradict himself because he said he "didn't want to" rather than he "wasn't going to".

Thanks, I worship your reading comprehension. :wub:

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
my god i don't browse the forums much but do you have to fucking whine or have a dig in every single thread? it got boring 2 weeks ago, if you don't like the game GTFO you aren't forced to play

Maybe you should browse FH more then?

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
Whatever happened to Punkbuster? I thought they were using this to stop third-party software users from being able to cheat?

PB is good but, not bulletproof.... a while back in games where PB was used, it was common to inject the cheats into PB and it would work for weeks....

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie

I thought it might be lag at first also but what makes me suspicious is that they are running around in front of me not in a straight line or standing still,taking damage for 30+ seconds then when they are getting low on health they seem to disappear for a fraction of a second and are then 100 odd feet away.

Never seems to be a lag ghost as they are active and moving trying to get away from me and I'm always in melee range of them doing damage while their moving around.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
Umm!! I thought this was just lag, surely so many cant be using this (more than several Friday) In a tier 1 sc. Always the players that run around your character in circles whilst fighting mind you, so they must know something i do not. Hope mythic pounds down on this fast.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
I thought it might be lag at first also but what makes me suspicious is that they are running around in front of me not in a straight line or standing still,taking damage for 30+ seconds then when they are getting low on health they seem to disappear for a fraction of a second and are then 100 odd feet away.

Never seems to be a lag ghost as they are active and moving trying to get away from me and I'm always in melee range of them doing damage while their moving around.

You can beat on a caster for 30+seconds and not kill him what happened to the "glass cannon" theory?

aika

Can't get enough of FH
You can beat on a caster for 30+seconds and not kill him what happened to the "glass cannon" theory?

if you cant kill a caster that is not healed in 30 seconds unless you are a healer then /delete YES, even DoK's kill me faster than that.

next time a marauder or witch elf attacks me, i will give a timestamped SS so you will see that I wont survive more than 10 secs. (or 3 secs in WE case)

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
if you cant kill a caster that is not healed in 30 seconds unless you are a healer then /delete YES, even DoK's kill me faster than that.

next time a marauder or witch elf attacks me, i will give a timestamped SS so you will see that I wont survive more than 10 secs. (or 3 secs in WE case)

Once again you have totaly missread what i wrote..i said that a tank SHOULD be able to take down a caster in 30+sec,the guy says that he was beating on the player for 30+sec doing damage before he supposedly "warped" away.I then said ..so much for the "glass cannon" theory.

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie

On a live server.

Your aware that most of these videos are fake and the 'hacks' you download are actually useless programs to you but not the the person who made them as they contain keylogging software.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Your aware that most of these videos are fake and the 'hacks' you download are actually useless programs to you but not the the person who made them as they contain keylogging software.

Most? One video that has it all looks very valid, shows the disappear into the underground/underground walking which people witnessed in PvP.

griralith

Fledgling Freddie

there is at least 2 tele hacks and a speed hack out which works....
there is this page with alot of stuff for war, all there have been passed on to mythic, cross fingers for swift action

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom