Lag Issues

Scunner

Fledgling Freddie
Hi All,
just want to get some other peoples thoughts on this as im not to happy at the moment. I have played this game since it started and there are always ups and downs but still a core of good friends here which keeps me playing more than anything else. I can cope with changes good and bad but the final nail in the coffin is the LAG.

Open Transit or not the lag is unacceptable and makes the game unplayable. We pay for a service and this isnt really an acceptable service level. People have already been pushed so far with Low population servers, bugs within game and changes not all have welcomed but this lag will be the final straw for many. I am now wondering whether the ffort and renewal of subs is actually worth it if this is the kind of service we get. Seems whatever your interest in game the fun is being ruined by a bad service.

Is anyone else feeling the same or is it just me? Something in my opion needs to be done about the way this is supported or game is just dead.

scun.

Corran

Part of the furniture
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=40615

For all your lag related queries look here. However in summary.

GoA asked for pingplotters.

We sent in none.

GoA asked for more ping plotters

Some people sent in.

GoA Sent ping plotters to OT

More people sent ping plotters in

GoA spammed OT with ping plotter reports

OT think oh shit and say they will look into the problem routers and not to mail more.

GoA state they will email on a daily bases till this is fixed

Azraeth

Fledgling Freddie
Its really frustrating seeing that 1 company thats responsible for a game that many people trust their cash in order to play and spend their spare time can give such a horrible service.......!
Two days now im all winded up cause i cant play a game i used to like,now im all upset and as scunner said im also really thinking if my account renewal is worth it anymore..

This is not a whine or any other stupid comment,its marketing........
i pay to get what i want,if i wont get it ill just stop paying for it!

Some people should really start acting and do whats supossed to do or else many will follow the /QUIT command!!!

My regards.....

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
there is no way you are leaving before me you wussy me :)

now stop thinking about or else :touch:

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
As someone who recently came back after having my accounts down for 2 months.. i have to say this is very irritating indeed. I don't know if it's something that came with NF or whatever. I thought perhaps more ram in my computer would help, so i have ordered some.

If that doesn't help however, i think it's time to once again let the subs run out. Lag is killing my nerves, and no i don't want to download some tool and do pings.. hell i don't even know how to, and as a paying customer of a service i shouldn't have to know how to.

I really hope this lag issue gets resolved before it's time to pay subs again, because i used to like playing this game. Now it's just a big pain night after night. I've only been back for a couple of days, but i'm already pissed off and ready to leave again. :(

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
my subs went off autorenew last night, cba with this rediculous company.
should answer your question scunner, its not just you

Thor666

Loyal Freddie
Lag!!

I totally agree with u scunner, lag is making the game very difficult to play.
/macro LAG /yell LAG!! :eek6:
/macro rel /release
/quit
:puke:
Im actually quite sure its illegal to sell a product that cant be used for what its intended for..

I have a good new computer (with lotsa ram), and i can tell you its not about the rams, its the new mob: Invisible instant lag spammer... :(

And about the ping plots, why do i have to send in ping plots before the errror can be corrected. The heavy lag we've been seeing has been server-wide, if whoever needed the plots logged in for 5 mins he could get them himself!!!

Still i enjoy the game very much, and im looking forward to catacombs with mixed exspectations, will the lag be any better!?

Corran

Part of the furniture
Thor666 said:
I totally agree with u scunner, lag is making the game very difficult to play.
/macro LAG /yell LAG!! :eek6:
/macro rel /release
/quit
:puke:
Im actually quite sure its illegal to sell a product that cant be used for what its intended for..

I have a good new computer (with lotsa ram), and i can tell you its not about the rams, its the new mob: Invisible instant lag spammer... :(

And about the ping plots, why do i have to send in ping plots before the errror can be corrected. The heavy lag we've been seeing has been server-wide, if whoever needed the plots logged in for 5 mins he could get them himself!!!

Still i enjoy the game very much, and im looking forward to catacombs with mixed exspectations, will the lag be any better!?

This shows you not looked at anything GoA has been stating.

The majority of the lag faced is from routers in OpenTransits network. Anyone routing through here will therefore be lagged out. That means anyone playing outside of france.
That said GoA are based in france so if they logged in they would get perfect connection every time and thus not have evidence. The reason for the pingplotters be 2 fold. 1) it proves that it is OT routers that the problem. 2) it shows OT the problem area and hopefully get ti fixed quicker.

Now having to get information of us players aint the perfect way to go about it however it the most efficent and fastest way to get it from many parts of the world and as such support GoA's comments towards OT. OT however now stated that they shall be looking into the problem so hopefully it be resolved soon.

As for the illegal to sell product cant use for what meant. GoA are not doing them, they sell the program which you have recieved and then after taht your paying to access their servers. You are recieving that fully even if it isnt perfect service. the problem however is apparently not GoA end (though possibly they may have a small problem which being compounded by issues) and as such they arent doing anything wrong. they pushing for another company to fix the problem and that all they can do unfortunately :(

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Yup agreed scunner -.- Lag is silly atm. Doesn't make me like the game any better ~~

Scunner

Fledgling Freddie
I doubt the problem is totally Open Transit to be honest seen as when the population on the server reduces so does the lag. That and the fact the RvR zone is also now implemented as one zone might explain the increased lag when more are online. Im sure Open Transit is a large cause of the lag experienced but i dont believe it is the only one.

Ah well time will tell just think it will push away another large chunk of the community.

Ashash Saleem

Fledgling Freddie
Scunner said:
Hi All,
just want to get some other peoples thoughts on this as im not to happy at the moment. I have played this game since it started and there are always ups and downs but still a core of good friends here which keeps me playing more than anything else. I can cope with changes good and bad but the final nail in the coffin is the LAG.

Open Transit or not the lag is unacceptable and makes the game unplayable. We pay for a service and this isnt really an acceptable service level. People have already been pushed so far with Low population servers, bugs within game and changes not all have welcomed but this lag will be the final straw for many. I am now wondering whether the ffort and renewal of subs is actually worth it if this is the kind of service we get. Seems whatever your interest in game the fun is being ruined by a bad service.

Is anyone else feeling the same or is it just me? Something in my opion needs to be done about the way this is supported or game is just dead.

scun.

/signed

i took a few weeks out of the game to clear my head etc so when i play again it will be a fresher experience, logged in for the first time in 3 weeks on sunday and thought i know i'll try thid out with the nf skins, as soon as i loaded into this, bang ld, was constant ld'ing and 20 second freezing all night, doubt i will bother returning after that.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
To bad no-one will post again when things are fixed or when things are better. We all jump to the occasion to note how crap things are without knowing most of what is going on ... and then if it's fixed you never hear the people that whined about it anymore.

This way reading FH gives a very negative picture of what is going on. Yes there are less people in game as a couple of months ago but it is not even close to the scenario of d00m that you'd asume reading these forums ..

Yes sure some people left but that is how it has always been. DAoC is going trough a rough patch and it would be going trough it without lag... 2 huge competitors will draw people away. But does ANYONE remember the scenarion of doom people believed in when SWG launched? DAoC came out stronger then it went into that period.

Last night Rising Force had enough people online to run more the 2 fg's ... we didn't have mass ld's we didn't lose fights because of lag ... we had a great time, of course Scunner smelled but hey what else is new :(

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
Jobs! Noooo

awwww if it improves i can always switch them back on ;)
you being a horribly gimpy sc00t knows how annoying it is to load a critshot, unstealth in that process and then lagging for 30 mins..... you can either wake up with a "you have gained rps" msg if you oneshot the poor bastid or (far more likely) you'll autorelease in x minutes.
me gets vewy pissed when that happens more than 10 times during 2 hours of playtime

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
To bad no-one will post again when things are fixed or when things are better. We all jump to the occasion to note how crap things are without knowing most of what is going on ... and then if it's fixed you never hear the people that whined about it anymore.

This way reading FH gives a very negative picture of what is going on. Yes there are less people in game as a couple of months ago but it is not even close to the scenario of d00m that you'd asume reading these forums ..

Yes sure some people left but that is how it has always been. DAoC is going trough a rough patch and it would be going trough it without lag... 2 huge competitors will draw people away. But does ANYONE remember the scenarion of doom people believed in when SWG launched? DAoC came out stronger then it went into that period.
well duuuh Shan, where's the fun in expressing your statisfaction?? wajn is so much more enjoyable

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Jobil said:
awwww if it improves i can always switch them back on ;)
you being a horribly gimpy sc00t knows how annoying it is to load a critshot, unstealth in that process and then lagging for 30 mins..... you can either wake up with a "you have gained rps" msg if you oneshot the poor bastid or (far more likely) you'll autorelease in x minutes.
me gets vewy pissed when that happens more than 10 times during 2 hours of playtime

Hehe I haven't had a lot of lag yet ... it's more I nok my crit shot ... shoot ... unstealth and before my second arrow flies I have 15 lines of red text in my status window because I didn't see the shroomfarm halfway up the wall of the keep I was standing on.

And then I /release

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Jobil said:
well duuuh Shan, where's the fun in expressing your statisfaction?? wajn is so much more enjoyable

Lets agree to disagree ;)

And hey I'm not gimped!!!

/cwy

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
And hey I'm not gimped!!!

less lying in public please or move your monitor back a lot, your nose is getting in the way

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Jobil said:
less lying in public please or move your monitor back a lot, your nose is getting in the way

Tbh all that whining has made you bitter :(

You used to be such a nice gay .. eh guy

oh and +1

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
Tbh all that whining has made you bitter :(

You used to be such a nice gay .. eh guy

oh and +1

true, im just a bitter old fart these days, picking on innocent gimpy sc00ts, its because rl sucks and i get no wub from the gay bar, even the widowed grandmothers in my neighbourhood runs from me... all i have left is to whine and be bitter and annoying.... retirement home is beginning to sound very appealing, atleast i can fondle all the cute nurses there and get some wub that way :(

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Jobil said:
true, im just a bitter old fart these days, picking on innocent gimpy sc00ts, its because rl sucks and i get no wub from the gay bar, even the widowed grandmothers in my neighbourhood runs from me... all i have left is to whine and be bitter and annoying.... retirement home is beginning to sound very appealing, atleast i can fondle all the cute nurses there and get some wub that way :(

aaawww ... I am so sorry

for the cute nurses

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
aaawww ... I am so sorry

for the cute nurses

yea me too, also the sheep on the field next door to the home have my deepest sympathy :(

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Jobil said:
yea me too, also the sheep on the field next door to the home have my deepest sympathy :(

deepest huh?

How deep?

I mean

eeewww!!!

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
deepest huh?

How deep?

I mean

eeewww!!!

deep! firstly i wanna *censored* then *censored* and finish it off with *censored*

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Below is some questions i asked on Excal forums.U might find it int.

Originally Posted by Castus
I understand that the gms here and to a lesser extent the E&E have to be seen to support everything that goa do or tell them but can i ask some questions and get your honest opinion?

If OT comeback to GOA and say yes there is a problem but it will take say 1month or more to fix ,and theres no guarantee it will be fixed,will GOA or yourselves then tell us we have to play on with the admittedly bad lag?

Do you/they agree with these people on this thread and more that those who think the lags bad should just plain leave the game?And that we should`nt complain at all wether on a forum or by email?

Does the American side of DAOC and its servers suffer the same lag issues that we experiance? And if not what is the differance between their version of OT and ours?

How long do you/they expect to give OT to fix the problems?Is the situation that OT have a binding contract for say a year and GOA can`t change supplier due to that contract not being fulfilled?

What suddenly caused all this lag and lds? I played fine for over 2 years and never ever went ld unless it was char not in use timer.

Do Everquest and other MMORPGs have the same problems that u know of?

Maybe some have alrdy been answered and apologies if they have, i don`t want to whine i just honestly wanna play a game i`ve enjoyed for a very long time now without becoming dejected and frustrated like the majority of players it seems.

Ok then, from the top:

1: If OT come back to us and say they have found the problem but can't fix it for a month we will shout at them. Seriously, I can't imagine that once they identify the problem that they can't fix it within a reasonable amount of time. The issue so far has been convincing them they have an issue to resolve at all.

2: If things are going badly then you have every right to complain. I don't blame a single person who comes here or to RightNow or whenever after suffering sever lag to complain. What I would like to see is people listening to the answers they get and being realistic in their assumptions. There are too many people who don't understand the technical arguments weighing in with wrong assumptions and misinformed opinions. There are also some who seem to honestly believe that we have somehow engineered this situation purely to irritate them. The issue is being taken seriously at the highest levels in the company and we are doing everything we can to resolve it as fast as possible. To do otherwise would be stupid as it's clearly significantly affecting mot people's enjoyment of the game. As has been said however we are somewhat limited in what we can do directly.

3: Mythic did have lag issues at the launch of NF for two main reasons. One is that (just as here in Europe) people waited until live release to download the NF client thus placing an additional heavy load on the entire network. The other reason is that NF places significantly more strain on the game servers and network than previously. Mythic reacted to this by upgrading their servers inteh months following NF release. We took advice from Mythic regarding server load and upgraded our machines before the launch.
I'll explain about the 'American version of OT' in a later point.

4: I can't make promises or speak on behalf of OT. All I cansay is that we are pressuring them as much as possible to fix the problem. It's not the case that OT have a contract with us to provide service. OT own the French internet equipment. Any commercial traffic passing through France will be routed via OT hubs and routers. No matter who our ISP was, people would still use OT hubs to reach the game servers. OT is one of several companies who are, in effect, 'the internet'. They maintain all the nodes and hubs that internet traffic is routed through. Here in France Opentransit maintains this equipment. In the US it's mainly companies like UUnet and Sprintlink although Opentransit does operate there as well. Mythic's servers are reached through Sprintlink and MCI mainly.

5: If I knew what suddenly caused the lag, I'd be working as a network analyst for a lot more money than Goa pays me. It all started about two days before the NF beta when OT did some network maintenance. From that point on people were noticing unusually high amounts of lag. It was a little confusing at first as it wasn't clear whether it was just due to the beta test itself (which increased the traffic to our network) and the fact that Gorre, our test server was much lower spec than the main live servers. It wasn't until the beta test was almost over that it became clear there was an underlying problem with the main hubs that people were using to connect to our network with. Early pingplots suggested that it was an issue with a few of Opentransit's international routers. These are the big, powerful hubs that people who connect to servers in France from other countries will be routed through. People who connect to our servers from France (including us obviously) don't go through these routers and thus don't have a problem. We raised it with Opentransit who said they needed more proof to look into the issue. We asked the community for pingplots and a few weeks later actually started getting them.

6: I don't know. The problem is that there are so many causes of lag it's hard to pinpoint why people are suffering from it without additional information. The way a game is coded, the specs of your home computer, the speed of your connection, the load on the game server, the general conditions on the internet and the stability of each and every cable or piece of networking gear your data passes through on the way from your home to our servers all play a part. People complain about lag as if it were somthing with only one cause which can be solved. In reality you may very well be experiencing the same lag as someone else for a totally different reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom