lag bugs

E

ele

mm feel the love in this thread :)

OK..I'm a bit young to go Emain/Hadrians yet so I'm only speaking from a Thid point of view.

I'd like to think I am unbiased as I have a lot of friends in Albion and had 5 lvl 50's there.

Since the 'Server Upgrade' (while I was still playing Albion) I saw Mids and Hibs lagging loads in Odins. Now I play Mid I see both Alb and Hib lagging. Stop tearing strips out of each other all realms are equally as bad..I've seen it.

As I said the problem has become more apparent since the 'Server Upgrade' perhaps that is where the problem lies.

H

hangianix

Originally posted by ignore
albs been lagcasting since day 1 i think, or a certain wizard at least :p

and i doubt that alot of ppl that u accuse of some 'trick abuse' actually lagged on purpose.
/slap

Come back and givf me the medallion!!! :(

H

horil

Originally posted by old.Morchaoron
and why should we believe you? your just another person 'we heard' from , I've heard people saying things about people that heard stuff you know.... :rolleyes:

lol you never had a lag yourself? Should stop stereotyping, but you're just another alb after all.. *shrug*

M

marathor

We were having a few fights in df last night and I noticed that enemy tanks ran after my ghost on stick when I changed direction.

Many finnish players suffer from massive lag all the time... some are already quitting. Sometimes I have 4-5sec casting time on my heals on the lag. Kinda hard to do anything against assist trains with that. Last night was the 1st time I noticed tanks following me run over me after I got stunned etc.

If its this bad not trying to generate any lag... if one chooses to generate lag even more -> cheating is really easy.

It just puzzles me how the Froggie/German servers take 1000 more people and we cant do fg vs fg without lag.

B

bigchief

Originally posted by voltage
I get people who I'm stuck to warping about all over the place, its much much harder to land positional styles, I even died before the 2 NSs that attacked me had loaded on my pc once...

Gotta love the invisible luri attack :p Get it first run every day if theyre awake, once models are loaded its ok. Main problem is im on a 2hr cutoff so have to close daoc and reload .. means having to load models again :( I think that I have to run 2 accnts on one PC doesnt help the problem there but its still annoying.

M

Malena

i though all FL was a nice guild but those whine posts without proves made me change my opinion about u.

H

horil

:rolleyes:

But I wouldn't stereotype here either, some are ok, some are assholes. Can't love everybody ;)

M

Maleg_Grumpton

This whole thread is one large joke.

For a long time people whined about certain Albs 'lagging' or 'being out of view' and we got told to shut up and accept it's the person's connection / PC. It now seems that some Hibs (and maybe Mids) are demonstrating the same symptoms and the whines go up again, some by the very Albs that told the Hibs / Mids to 'shut up and accept it's the persons connection / PC' when defending their own realm members.

I don't know for sure if these Hibs / Mids are performing illegal operations to increase their survivability (much like I didn't know for sure if the Albs are/were). All I do know is that server performance has been piss poor for the last month or so and Opentransit are a joke (there is a couple of places within their network that appear to be producing regular lag spikes)

I can't abide cheaters but I can't do anything about them either, neither can anybody here. If you have clear evidence the please send it to GOA via rightnow - if proven hopefully they'll be slapped with a nice ban. If not, shut the fuck up, cause I (and probably most others) don't wanna hear the constant wha wha wha of unsubstantiated claims that slur people at the present time.

C

chronictank

i dont get it, how does lag make u go faster?
surely if u create lag u are going same speed as u were b4 :S

U

Uberall

"don't wanna hear the constant wha wha wha of unsubstantiated claims "

dont read the forum :) everyone know that BW is the best place to flame and the best place if want to read lies/stupidit. where ppl has selective hearing and so. (this is a flame-thingy too :p )
sometimes its funny just reading these topics and laughing at ppl who making stupid him/herself ;-) because of these things its hard to find the fact, the ppl who dont lie, because here is everyone faceless, with a nickname what says nothing, live with it or leave this :) just a little example, I said in my first post in this topic, that I am sure there are cheaters in every realm, because its not depends on the realm but persons . And I read many post where mids said they dont cheat, but albs/mids are, because we cant see our realmmates cheats. Yes thats right we cant , thats why I am sure albion has cheaters too, like the 2 other realm.
But u know what ? I believe everyone have bad days with the internet, and lagging like the hell, always we meet, and I take this as fact, mainly because I cant do anything to stop it :) and yes thats true too that the server is very bad these days since the "upgrade", btw I am happy I am not playing on excal, just remember, 2 RR--> 2 server shutdown, lol :) we can blame Goa for the lag, at least we wont argue more, because its not too funny when ppl get it as serious as the real life. This is just a game, if someone wanna cheat for the victory in rvr, well lets do it, but You wont be greater/richer/better man in the real life. So these ppl in my eyes are nothing. I will try to live with this, I hope everyone will, and we will be able to talk on these forums on human language , and wont use abusive language.

Well that was the preaching for today, u can sign up for Holly Communion via pm :)

O

old.Belorfyn

I think the suspected cheatings are best handled via rightnow.
It's only way something to happen that will actually make difference, besides from people starting to doubt someone who possibly didn't even cheat. Perhaps there is way for GOA to check if lag is real or not, if they ahve special tools or whatnot.
Certainly it's not possible for players to see without doubt, especially in middle of fight when you also have to play.

For example, if someone mezzes you from far, it might be because it's actually you who lag ran after /face and then the enemy casted mez on your lag ghost. Just an example, not meant as reply to similar case someone described earlier here.

If we start with "naming and shaming", alot players will be posted and after huge debate on each case whether or not it was cheating, there still isn't proof.
Furthermore, I wanna see cheaters banned, not named and shamed. Consider case where some people would be named as cheaters here and perhaps it'd had so much evidence that I'd actually belive it. I wouldn't remember it after few weeks/months (depending on case of course).. And if I did, I don't know what alts the cheater might have, so I imght be dealing with him without knowing even if I'd wanted not to be in any dealings with him (cause of cheating).

Some say GOA can't do anything.. Well, I can't argue, I don't know how GOA monitors suspected cheaters. Perhaps they have special tools and know stuff players don't know, perhaps not.
But still I think if we really wanna put stop to cheating, only way to go is to keep reporting them. If someone really lags to his advantage very often, they'll get alot reports of that players and maybe they can do something about it.

L

lannovar

Just thought id chuck in my 2 cents for what its worth, and please bear in mind im trying to be open minded, its funny that people have these preconceived ideas that alb=moaner so any attempt at a reasonable discussion automatically gets hijacked and turned into an 'albs whining again thread'

Anyway, ive got a 1mb connection and have had for quite some time, I rarely notice lag but can easily spot people lagging. What I have noticed is that the server seems to be suffering over the last month or so i find myself getting nasty spikes from time to time. So this certainly could be taken into consideration in certain circumstances.

Being a tank I have noticed increasing difficulty in following/sticking to certain targets, hiting them 1 second and finding them warping a few feet away and managing to sprint away before what ever speed spell they have kicks in.

To be honest ive noticed this to be prevalent amongst hibs (im not saying they do it all and do it delibaretly), rather than mids.

I cant comment on alb as a whole, but i did hear a report of certain members of an Alb guild actually encouraging its group members to use the old drag the window around lag trick as a member of our guild was with them and left straight away. This to be honest made me feel sick and ashamed. Im glad our member left quickly as we as a guild and as albs do not want to be associated with this sort of thing. Id rather die fairly than win cheating.

Anyway thats my ramble over, lets hope the flames can cease and more normal discussion can be resumed (im not holding my breath though)

S

Silent Shadow

Hi!
I think it sucks that midgard got fotm Savages. But when we use BoF we wtfpwn Savage-grps. Plz mythic wtf u doing we need more than wtfpwn Dragonfang to wtfpwn everything plz give us insta AE nuke 999 DMG value 1000 radius plz plz. My biggest interest is whining on BW cuz sometimes the other realms beat us (THEY ARE CHEATING) and we gotta show the world the truth about the other realms!
The fact that I am using a radar that can track sovieti subs isn't important ffs wtf we're like teh uber. YOU'RE ALL CHEATING BASTARDS JEJEJEJE xD

---------Presentation of Albion/Prydwen - 7/1 2004---------

Seriously albs been whining too much lately.. Take a cookie and some milk and grow up....

PS: Put the Alb RA "Zerging" on a timer plz DS

C

Caedo

Some nice posts here.. Ignore the hobos And hopefully they will go away :D

X

Xeanor

I didn't mention any names

and stop the fucking "well youre a alb anyway" because you look like a fucking nazi if you say crap like that.

Z

zedorf luribomb

seriously.. this is not a very new issue, the cheating part is but not the lag part i cant belive some are just noticing it now?

i remember back in 1.36 when stunning someone with my chanter in rvr maybe ½ the times they kept on running on my screen and some seconds after that they are standing still where i stunned em..

and not everyone that warps around is a damn cheater, how many of you havnt had someone that is drivin your group around warp ahead of you from time to time? you dont need to start a damn new thread about it everytime :eek:

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by Malena
i though all FL was a nice guild but those whine posts without proves made me change my opinion about u.

who did we accuse? and even if someone did that all of us arent nice cuz 1 did it?

what a logic...

you know whats funny, when your chasing a bard who is twisting end/speed, and then he stops twisting, and all of a sudden he's gone and i look behind (cuz i expect this sort of crap) and he had already turned around and runs in exactly the opposite direction again while twisting and was far beyond boltrange, this guy was either using the windowdrag bug or he was having lag and thought "Hey lets just run straight through the minstrel, wtf am i running away from him anyway? he will probably fall for that trick!"
no.... most likely he was thinking "hehe lol he will just think its lag and he cant prove shit anyway"

ah well if i ever meet him in a fight i guess i will be having some 'lag' then too....

Seriously albs been whining too much lately..

PS: Put the Alb RA "Zerging" on a timer plz DS

even worse are people that dont realise they are whining themselves ><

S

Sichama

ah well if i ever meet him in a fight i guess i will be having some 'lag' then too....

Then you will be a cheater....and you should be banned.

I

ignore

trixy albses they taking our preciousss, we mussstss lags them :p

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by Sichama
Then you will be a cheater....and you should be banned.

yep, just like the guy who used that trick on me, but i cant prove shit...

just like you wont be able to prove shit IFFFFFFFFFFFFFF i would do it, neither would he because i will just 'lag' like he did...

but enough about me i dont want to promote it...

S

Svartur

Originally posted by the_smurflord
Hunter speed + spriting is NOT faster than minstrel mach 5 + sprint, yet he pulled away from us at a horrendous rate. I have a hunter on excal and am fully aware of the classes abilities.

I remember during old days when I had 43 bc and fastest hunter speed. I chased down mincers on a regular basis, sprinting a bit and spearstunning them in the end of course.
Wasnt really hard, tbh I think hunter speed is a bit faster than stated, the difference is hardly noticable, I was almost never caught with 43 bc + sprint.

Do some testing. ;)

And the mincer speed also takes time to kick in which could be why he looked like he ran alot faster.
Hunter speed is insta.

If he gets a headstart you wont catch before he can restealth.

But I dunno the guy. Many strange things happens these days.
Like albs having all the STR relics. ;(

S

Svartur

Originally posted by Steveh
nm

i start record lag cheats with fraps and i post it to the GoA.
i already got some nice video how is the lag cheat working at the other side.

Bear in mind though that when you play with fraps (I have played with it a lot gathering many many clips) you will yourself lagg a lot more often adding to the lagg in a fight unless your compo is really uber.

This is HD lagg though but the effects are the same.

Strikes on both sides though.
Irony to report someone for laggabusing when you could very well contribute to it yourself though. ;)
But if its the same person many times maybe.

S

Silent Shadow

even worse are people that dont realise they are whining themselves ><

You from Albion irl or something? :|

S

Steveh

Originally posted by Svartur
Bear in mind though that when you play with fraps (I have played with it a lot gathering many many clips) you will yourself lagg a lot more often adding to the lagg in a fight unless your compo is really uber.

This is HD lagg though but the effects are the same.

Strikes on both sides though.
Irony to report someone for laggabusing when you could very well contribute to it yourself though. ;)
But if its the same person many times maybe.

yes sure yes sure.

If the same person do it many times i report it and i send the recorded video.
But i always forget push the play button :)

O

old.mattshanes

A healer did it today, but doubt it was her fault, next fight she never did it so.Guess it's the server/routers or whatever, something to do with the people running them lately it seems, even i have had bad lag the last week or so and i am on broadband.

S

scarffs

Originally posted by polkadot
That pretty much sums up my feelings about this Melachi.

I think this has been blown out of proportion by all involved and 99% of the cases will an innocent case of lag on one side or the other. I also don't think this is restricted to those with a low-end spec either.

I would argue that the majority of instances people are reporting are caused by /face as opposed to some bizarre windowed-mode screen-shot abusing hack.

No way.
Try playing a tank on a bard or druid lately.( of course not all of them, but seen quite some last few days ) Kinda strange these are the guys with the bad connection, and they only warp when pursued by a train ? When you're stuck to someones ass hitting them + sprint, you notice the difference between bad connection and the window trick/screenie.

And imagine you running ganksquads moving at mach6 with people who warp like hell ALL the time ? You will get to your destination as fast as a lv1 viking carrying a ram.

T

Thorgald

i wouldent suspect everyone that lags using it activly. The extreamly few times im out RvR'ing with my shammy and i run in on 2fg+ enemys my comp temd to freeze up a few seconds (especially when both we and the enemy come in speed)

and thats why i dont rvr to much, my comp cant handle more then fg vs fg fight... anything bigger then that and my comp starts to freeze on me...

Users who are viewing this thread