lag bugs

M

Malena

:eek: advocate of cheating ... btw i study third of law irl :D

V

voltage

my opinion on this:

before christmas I was at uni and had an ADSL connection. Very rarely did anyone "lag jump" or mysteriously not be in range to be hit when I was right next to them.

now I'm at home and I have to use a 56k modem. I get people who I'm stuck to warping about all over the place, its much much harder to land positional styles, I even died before the 2 NSs that attacked me had loaded on my pc once...

My opinion, lag jumping is just that - someone got a slap of lag from their ISP at an inconvenient time (either you or them) and these things happen.

People say its the same people doing it - well duh, these people probably have bad connections. Not everyone lives in the right area for good (adsl+) speed internet, people who live out in the sticks like my parents are still on 56k (our phoneline is so knackered we only connect at 38~ kbps max)

Its too easy to jump and yell omg they cheat, its only the support who do it etc, well yes, 99% of the time you're attacking support, you cant tell me whilst attacking a support char you're making sure every other member of there group isnt lagging about a bit.

Calm down with the accusations of cheating, its not fun playing on a laggy connection, it works both ways, sometimes you might escape something cos you lagged, others you might miss a heal/insta cos of it and die. the last thing you want is someone yelling cheat at you on top of this.

live with it, lag wont go away so try to work out ways to adapt to it.

H

horil

No use to argue here, people believe what they want to believe.

S

snoz

Originally posted by case-rigantis
Please stop using them

Really it`s not big it`s not clever and more and more people are doing it atm.

do you really need to use such lame bugs to win?

And no ....no one got owned it`s just saddening to see the state of RvR when every other caster or healer uses lag exploits to avoid getting hit :(

Especially the big RvR guilds whome supposedly are such great players

Come on guys lets not tolerate such play in the game stamp it out now before it gets any worse

Goa is having serious routing issues atm ... i dount anyone is doing it on purpose.

N

naetha

Did some testing, and there is a big difference between general lag (testing was in Goth, so no problems there getting lag^^) and the warping you get when you take a hold the top of the screen.
I know what I saw today, and that won't change, whine all you want.

K

Kallio

Re: Re: lag bugs

Originally posted by snoz
Goa is having serious routing issues atm ... i dount anyone is doing it on purpose.

Some people are, some people(clueless people) think that everyone lagging does this.

When I played my thane back in old days I´d sometimes slam an enemy just to see him run for 5seconds, and then porting back to where I slammed him... and that wasnt really unusual. :rolleyes:

H

horil

Originally posted by naetha
Did some testing, and there is a big difference between general lag (testing was in Goth, so no problems there getting lag^^) and the warping you get when you take a hold the top of the screen.
I know what I saw today, and that won't change, whine all you want.

Stop cheating then.

Like I said, people believe what they want to believe.

F

froler-mid

bump for the annoying LAGGING n0000bs.

like someone said, if u wanna be a good support char, get a modem from 1996 :bore:

S

Steveh

i saw the warping things to in odin from Tuatha de Dannan .
i have a 2 mbit conection i not laging ,but i cant follow the bard ( dunno who ) when my lvl 50 pole style landed. ( snare etc ) i followed him with sprint and .....far away not in viewe or somthing they always ported behind or ahead me.
When our sorc try mez the hibs ( iknow he clicked to the bard ) they far away but the bard managed to land the 1500 mez. funny and we start the fight there.its just one.

Anyway i start record everyfight ,everylag,everylagcheat and after we can talk or whine again.
I buyed a 120G winchester for that so i pissed off a bit.

ui:
i hope you understand me.my english still not the best :p

C

Caedo

Keep up the good work. log as much as you can.. send logs screens ect and hopefully GoA will look into it.

U

Uberall

Originally posted by Caedo
Keep up the good work. log as much as you can.. send logs screens ect and hopefully GoA will look into it.

I will start to record too, will be interesting from the view of a sorc, who just suffered that, when he cant mezz a bard because it was too far away (ubahfotm1850mezzrange4thewin, or lagcheat4thewin ^^ ), while the bard mezzed him with castable mezz . hehe, weird isnt it ? :) yup I was that sorc. will see how Goa will react, but I am afraid they will send a mail with smtg like that : "thx ur help about this problem, we will see if we can do anything about it. " but still we live , we have the hope :p

M

Malena

perhaps u are a noob playing and dont say truth to your m8s and u were too much slow trying to mezz.

GIVE some screen or something where i can see u your ZzZzZzZ and u cant mezz them . Speak is very easy.

M

Melachi-

Reporting this to goa will do nothing tbh. All these lag tricks are all things done by you messing with what exists, no external programs. You wont get anyone banned by it, because how can you prove people just havent god odd but convientent lag times. Live with it imo. Or stop crying, you only publacise it more by talking about it, you wont stop anyone by talking about it here.

X

Xeanor

the TdD bard seems to be a cheating ****shit, heard a lot of complaints about him

H

horil

Originally posted by Xeanor
the TdD bard seems to be a cheating ****shit, heard a lot of complaints about him

Don't want to interrupt you, but this far this thread have been

Whine skills 100
any proves what so ever 0

sure it's easy to talk, and which bard do you mean?

U

Uberall

Originally posted by Malena
perhaps u are a noob playing and dont say truth to your m8s and u were too much slow trying to mezz.

GIVE some screen or something where i can see u your ZzZzZzZ and u cant mezz them . Speak is very easy.

these are just words too m8 :) and as we said we already made some videos about some of these tricks, and will be posted.

btw I personally dont wanna make Goa to ban anyone, but open their eyes , and once I hope these "bugs" which can be abused will be fixed, and after it we all can play fairly.

B

bone_idle

Seems to be 90% albs whining and 10% hibs and 10% mids here. You can bet your arses that us grown ups keep it to in guild chat and alliance whats going on.

You albs obviously dont look at what your own healers are doing. I had most of my group log the other night because we couldnt hit your healer classes.

Just get on with the fucking game and live with it.

I play daoc in full screen mode because my comp struggles with windowed for some reason.

The thing is.... As soon as something looks quite what it shouldnt be who is the first realm you see whining, moaning, crying, going to their mummy etc on these forums. ALBION. Get a grip guys.

If someone is lag warping, then send screenies, movies to GoA and keep your mouths shut.

Always effing albs :/

I

ignore

albs been lagcasting since day 1 i think, or a certain wizard at least :p

and i doubt that alot of ppl that u accuse of some 'trick abuse' actually lagged on purpose.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Xeanor

I also heard you undress in ATK in Emain and act like a cheap fish to big tall Highlanders.

I also heard....

hmm nevermind, there's lots of complaints about everything and nothing and ALL tanks I've spoken have gotten alot of issues lately by hitting people (often support; well duh.. you try and hit them most often) who seem to get out-of-view/out-of-range messages.

I dont play a melee-class, but the few times I tried to interrupt with good ol' smack of hammer I had a few people which gave me the message out of range suddenly. And nobody tries to lag away from a druid hitting for 40 on purpose I bet xD

Personally I think there are some cheaters out, but its not more then it used to be, just that the server is acting strange.

No reason to get personal all about this, especially not when 'you heard' stuff. I've sometimes seen you lag through my screen, often when casting mezz. Does that mean you cheat or is it genuine (server-)lag?

I give you the benefit of the doubt, I suggest you do the same if you base the majority of your suspicions on

heard a lot of complaints about him

Dont make this a witch-hunt please, cheaters should get banned, yes. But lately people even tell me Im window-cheating on IRC while Im playing in fullscreen-mode.

Also dont forget what you face with lag is also happening on your own side (as Mids, and as Albs).

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by Puppetmistress

But lately people even tell me Im window-cheating on IRC while Im playing in fullscreen-mode.

and why should we believe you? your just another person 'we heard' from , I've heard people saying things about people that heard stuff you know.... :rolleyes:

K

kjel

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
And nobody tries to lag away from a druid hitting for 40 on purpose I bet xD

Woah, 40!!1
Nerf Puppet imo, I hit like wet fish with Cauldron.

H

haarewin

lol this thread is made up of accusations with little/no evidence, and people screaming 'cheat' because someone lagged or has a shit computer. all these accusations seem to come with 'THEY ARE USING IT TO THEIR ADVANTAGE', but as voltage else already said

Calm down with the accusations of cheating, its not fun playing on a laggy connection, it works both ways, sometimes you might escape something cos you lagged, others you might miss a heal/insta cos of it and die. the last thing you want is someone yelling cheat at you on top of this.

now i know any second someone will accuse me of lag abusing because i got myself involved in this thread, but i always play full screen, and never have other programs open on my computer, because if i lag in game it usually leads to a fuck up of some kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom