lag bugs

C

case-rigantis

Please stop using them

Really it`s not big it`s not clever and more and more people are doing it atm.

do you really need to use such lame bugs to win?

And no ....no one got owned it`s just saddening to see the state of RvR when every other caster or healer uses lag exploits to avoid getting hit :(

Especially the big RvR guilds whome supposedly are such great players

Come on guys lets not tolerate such play in the game stamp it out now before it gets any worse

T

the_smurflord

Last night in Hadrian's wall

sticks to bard
bard runs away
You selecet pierce as your next attack
Target not in view
Target not in view
Target not in view
Bard diappears
Bard is now 40 ft behind you
You have been mezzed

Repeat ad infinitum.

If it was server side lag then it would affect everyone of all realms, including your groupmates.
But this is almost exclusively happening with hibs running in optimised guild groups. Rarely seen on mixed guild groups of hibs or on mids (though I'm sure it happens to some extent there, and probably some lamers on albion too no doubt).

P

Petronella

Very good post case-rigantis, its like it has been inofficially "accepted" among the rvr guilds to cheat by using all kinds of small tricks and its silly how often you see it. It's hard to take a loss huh?

C

chimaira

yep dunno if what albs who use it.
but sure can make a 30 people list of enemies who do.

yesterday fucking healer ran with like sorc speed away from prevent flight somehow.

Brown dyed dwarf. u strong m8!!

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by chimaira

yesterday fucking healer ran with like sorc speed away from prevent flight somehow.

Probably was disease and healer spd not effected by combat :E

C

chimaira

wasnt diseased and we chased him ages. I tell u it wasnt normal..

also PF went off I know it did. cause he didnt purge it nor was snared more than 1 sec and jumped away like tu tu train

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by Petronella
It's hard to take a loss huh?

We don't mind losing, as long as we lose fairly.
Are we the best guild out there? No
Are we the most skilled players? No

If we give it our all, play to the best of our abilities and lose, then so be it and all credit to our opponents.
If we play to the best of our abilites and the opponents have to resort to cheating to win, then that is hard to take. Alas there are too many people in this game that seem to equate realm points with respect and skill and will do anything to get them.

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by chimaira

Bit like the hunter in DF yesterday that speed away from our group. He left us in the dust, even though we were running at mach 5 + sprint! He was moving about 50% faster than us.

M

Melachi-

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
healer spd not effected by combat :E

I've never had any experiences with healer speed working during combat, not that that means it doesnt happen, but are you sure? oO

B

bone_idle

Seems to be all 3 realms using it and its REALLY noticable with animist bombers. As i saw again tonight. :(

S

sXert

Well i can say that it is indeed nice to escape those nasty albs with my bard before they pf my ass, the last few days its became highly annoying with my BM not catching these fast footed basts.

Now being on the recieving end i see what u mean and tbh i think its the server cause i know i didnt use cheats and to think that so many people cheat is abit harsh.

So i dont think that its likely they all cheat and hope they that something is done about this new bug asap(if it even is a bug or lag)

P

Petronella

Originally posted by the_smurflord
We don't mind losing, as long as we lose fairly.
Are we the best guild out there? No
Are we the most skilled players? No

If we give it our all, play to the best of our abilities and lose, then so be it and all credit to our opponents.
If we play to the best of our abilites and the opponents have to resort to cheating to win, then that is hard to take. Alas there are too many people in this game that seem to equate realm points with respect and skill and will do anything to get them.

Uhm did I offend you? This was in no way directed to anyone but the ones who cheat and so on and they know who they are so.. :)

D

dimerian

seen only healers using it so far,hopefully wont see elsewhere :|

G

GrivneKelmorian

A scout, Koi, that i found using volley outside svasud. I jumped him PA and then he lagged. lagged in to the guards. Way out of range.

Got a screenshot of his dead corps too :D

lag abuse is bad...really bad imo :(

Z

zapzap

After playing tank for 3 days I have really noticed how bad it is.
Sad :/

Zapsi

L

lokir

Aug healer have good speed and with end reg u can get away pretty fast.

C

Cathul

Originally posted by lokir
Aug healer have good speed and with end reg u can get away pretty fast.

Not if being hit. All speed breaks when you get hit, except for sprint. But you will never run away from someone who procced prevent flight on you.

/Cathul

S

Steveh

nm

i start record lag cheats with fraps and i post it to the GoA.
i already got some nice video how is the lag cheat working at the other side.

L

lillagullan

Originally posted by zapzap
After playing tank for 3 days I have really noticed how bad it is.
Sad :/

Zapsi

how about not lagging as healer now then?

T

Tafaya Anathas

It will only end if GOA starts banning/suspending ppl who are using this lame cheat. And don't talk about server side lag when a sorc can't mez a bard with the 1850 range mez, but the bard can mezz him with the 1500 one...

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Probably was disease and healer spd not effected by combat :E
if pf went off it would not be possible to run away.

O

old.Hardbein

Originally posted by lillagullan
how about not lagging as healer now then?

The use of /face to cast spells will always generate a little warping - some ppl lag more than others due to connection latency etc. If casters were not to use this, all casters may aswell just /quit. The face command was made to make casting easier without getting the anoying "u move - spell canceled" message.

On the otherhand, ppl who deliberately use lagbugs to their advantage (windowdrag, SS while strafe etc etc) become more and more anoying and should be "named and shamed" imo. Tho we should all be aware that latency and connection spikes have lately been a bigger problem than usual (read: prolly why GOA announced about Opentransit doing som "Inet-mantenace" today).

N

naetha

There's always some lag in RvR, but when someone runs off, then warps back to the other side of the milegate and immediately heals themselves up to full health, that is serious abuse.

I'm sure all realms do it (although I find it most prevalent in Hib groups) but it needs to be stamped out as it ruins the game for everyone.

O

old.Hardbein

Originally posted by Melachi-
I've never had any experiences with healer speed working during combat, not that that means it doesnt happen, but are you sure? oO

Healer speed breaks using "offencive spells", mezz/stun/root. Casting heals does not put u "in combat" and healer speed works immediately after u casted such a spell.

Ofc if u get an enemy spell casted on u....u "enter combat" and the speed breaks.

U

Uberall

I nearly always see lagcheat at hib bards. very rare to find hib grp who dont use it. Yesterday we met a hib grp just faced to the bard who were slideing towards the hell and he just casted a mezz, so I faced to him pressed my ubahfotm1850rangemezz and said too far away, but the bard managed to mezz me, weird isnt it ? :)

Mids using it too, but more rarely than hibs, and I am sure some alb using it too, because its an easy trick to make rvr much more easier for caster, when savages are on the field :p Although bm assist train is as bad as savage. a solo savage :p nah j/k :)

F

froler-mid

think server been laggy last couple days too...but ye, its bad...

Users who are viewing this thread