lag bugs

D

DaoC.Jareth

I think it might be a good idea to limit the use or remove the screenshot button... That is one way to abuse it :(

O

old.Belorfyn

Originally posted by Steveh
i start record lag cheats with fraps and i post it to the GoA.
i already got some nice video how is the lag cheat working at the other side.

I think it's good idea to report them, with video or without. My point is, when GOA receives 5+ reports of same abuse by same guy, even without proof, they surely /stick Kemor or someone on him sometime and get the proof themselves.
If someone uses bug abuse and cheats to win, they will do it again and one time, someone will be watching and they get caught.

I haven't noticed this so far with Albs (only on some casters really long time ago), I've noticed it with few bards. As I said on other thread, I don't fight against Mids so can't really say if they use it but I'm pretty sure not all potential cheaters have landed in Hibernia :)

Right now I'm mostly playing my Spiritmaster again so I wouldn't notice the smallest lag tricks that people might use to get away from tank.

Just remember, just report them. You don't have to be sure they're cheating. It's not your job to get the proof and even if you had proof, they probably wouldn't ban anyone without seeing it themselves (I don't suppose they can find lag cheats like that in server logs).

O

[Oo]Escape

Originally posted by the_smurflord
We don't mind losing, as long as we lose fairly.
Are we the best guild out there? No
Are we the most skilled players? No

If we give it our all, play to the best of our abilities and lose, then so be it and all credit to our opponents.
If we play to the best of our abilites and the opponents have to resort to cheating to win, then that is hard to take. Alas there are too many people in this game that seem to equate realm points with respect and skill and will do anything to get them.

O

old.Belorfyn

Originally posted by DaoC.Jareth
I think it might be a good idea to limit the use or remove the screenshot button... That is one way to abuse it :(

Yeah.. I hadn't even heard about this until someone posted it somewhere in forum some days ago. If it's really that easy to cause some lag, then it's really bad.

Limiting screenshots might be bit bad if you really wanna take screenshots though. And then again, if only fix was to put it on 15 sec timer or such, cheaters would start thinking of it was new Ability :)

O

old.Morchaoron

perhaps its time to change something in their programming then...

i find it a bit strange a target is 'not in view' while you are sticking to them and they appear to be moving in that direction, perhaps those with lag (who stop sending data) should simply remain stationairy, too bad for those with a 56kb modem but hey, right now it seems every caster should have one to be a bit more uber with the /face lagging...

a kinda 'similiar' thing was in Ultima Online a very very long time ago, then when the masses started to use it to their advantage they changed it aswell, it became shittier for those with a bad connection but no more cheating!

the problem was that moving was too much 'client side', where you were on YOUR screen decided where you where you were in game, later you simply 'warped' back to your old position if you were lagging, since the server didnt receive that you actually moved over there cuz of lag, so he puts you back at your position from where he stopped receiving data, on your screen you got teleported back a few 'meters', on everyone elses screen you just stood still for a few seconds...

it may suck for some people, but at least no more cheating...

i think im gonna make a sorc and use 'netlimiter' or whatever it was called to seriously nerf my connection (it is far too good atm), i will be a uber /face sorc then :sleeping:

M

Malena

glad when ppl say other peeps use this bug when their owns healers and mages use it a lot pfff, very glad.

V

voltage

Originally posted by Malena
glad when ppl say other peeps use this bug when their owns healers and mages use it a lot pfff, very glad.

you could just have said

"I use this bug cos everyone else does"

:p

G

gwyneth-love

Originally posted by GrivneKelmorian
A scout, Koi, that i found using volley outside svasud. I jumped him PA and then he lagged. lagged in to the guards. Way out of range.

Got a screenshot of his dead corps too :D

lag abuse is bad...really bad imo :(

I got a movie of a sb named Dwera lagg abusing ( walking into ppl so they miss styles cause of server lagg ) .. does that count ?

B

bigchief

Originally posted by old.Morchaoron
i find it a bit strange a target is 'not in view' while you are sticking to them and they appear to be moving in that direction, perhaps those with lag (who stop sending data) should simply remain stationairy, too bad for those with a 56kb modem but hey, right now it seems every caster should have one to be a bit more uber with the /face lagging...

Mmm can be a bit silly. Took on a lvl50 healer and a 4x savage in DF one time. Took on healer first so he stuns and mez's (retard). So I purged and he tries to run. Im running after him spamming pierce (was DW at the time) and its landing all ok, savage stuck to my back kinda hurting. Then suddenly i drop off stick, get not in view for pierce, hit /face and o look the healers where the fight first started some 20 yards away. Run back at him (cant snare savage and run as its agro in every direction but back and didnt have vanish up) get him down to ~20% and finally die to the savage beating on me.

Get a /laugh spam from the healer, he gets a nice rightnow msg from me, got a reply of 'Thanks we'll look into it' but ofc they can't do/prove anything without witnessing it themselves so I still see him running around emain :(

C

Caedo

I had a fight with a bard at mpk once. well know guild ect. i was using my sorc.. he lagged away from me 8 times in one fight.. to his advantadge of course.. he still lost as i can nuke, but if id been melle class i would of lost .

We really need to stop this lag cheating. ;*(

D

Damon_D

Must be some sad kids using lag bugs to win fights....

Z

zedorf luribomb

Originally posted by Damon_D
Must be some sad kids using lag bugs to win fights....

yea i bet its an age thing... noone mature using it :p

M

Melachi-

Well, my opinion on things here is that of a community getting carried away. If anyone here has a bad PC, mainly a bad Hard Drive like myself, they will get this all the time.

Everyone here has experienced the screen freeze I presume, you know you running with your group past Nottmorr or whatever and suddenly you find a huge zerg that you didn't know was there, because of the immeidate loading of all these characters your hard drive goes a bit nuts, and you acutally freeze on your screen, everything does. Everyones gotten that right? Well on everybody else's screen your not frozen there, your still running in the direction you were running in, and then once you come out of the freeze you appear back to the point you froze at. Ok now everyones going to say, but yeah thats expectable in zergs.

Well my PC is crap, I play on a 15" monitor, Matrox G400, 6gb ATA33, 128mb DDR ram, Althon that I think is a 1.4ghz, some motherboard i forget, and a powersupply that has broken my nice harddrive, a mouse and a stick of ddr ram :D. and have to have /spell effects off at all times, because theres certain savage self buffs and pally chants that make me crash immediately :D .

My pc is crap, it just barely runs this game. It wont run SI client at all, its redicoulosly laggy so I didnt even buy the expansion. Now to the point, the lag everyons experienced that I just described everyones got at zergs, well I get it when im PA'ed, Slammed, when enemys are inc (why I never liked playing main CC), and I see it happening, MA train is on me, hard drive starts to sound like its full of marbles, screen freezes, ............., screen unfreezes, ma train is folowing a ghost of me and then auto-stick zooms them right back at where I really am, I read up and see ahhh XXX attacks you with his shield.

Im sure there is people abusing this, but I bet 99% of the cases are just laggy connections or PC's. Got the MidgetMafia avi? Look at the first fight against PE, notice that when Tattersail runs out of the pbae to heal, Elfsbane is auto-facing an ghost of tattersail and therefore cant cast, but Exe is managing to hit him, obviously Elfs getting a bit of lag, however now with this Witch Hunt, I bet tattersail would be accused.

So now theres 3 posibilities.

Cheating - Target Lagging - You Lagging

Why assume its cheating?

O

old.Downanael

Originally posted by the_smurflord
Bit like the hunter in DF yesterday that speed away from our group. He left us in the dust, even though we were running at mach 5 + sprint! He was moving about 50% faster than us.

Really hope ppl would read class abilities before saying someone using em cheats :( That was speed shout+sprint

N

naetha

Originally posted by Melachi-
Why assume its cheating?

Because its only ever bards/druids and the occasional healer/shammy that I've noticed doing it, and they always use it to their complete advantage - ie, healing immediately afterwards. Also they rarely lag everywhere when they don't have people on them, only seems to happen when they're running away from the assist train, when you'd think they'd be lagging less due to the enemeis being behind them?

I'd say its more like 50/50 bad connections and lag abusing.

H

hangianix

Got the MidgetMafia avi? Look at the first fight against PE, notice that when Tattersail runs out of the pbae to heal, Elfsbane is auto-facing an ghost of tattersail and therefore cant cast, but Exe is managing to hit him, obviously Elfs getting a bit of lag, however now with this Witch Hunt, I bet tattersail would be accused.
Erm, if you are using capital for Elfs and Exe then write Tattersail in the same way all the time please :)

M

Melachi-

Originally posted by naetha
Because its only ever bards/druids and the occasional healer/shammy that I've noticed doing it, and they always use it to their complete advantage - ie, healing immediately afterwards. Also they rarely lag everywhere when they don't have people on them, only seems to happen when they're running away from the assist train, when you'd think they'd be lagging less due to the enemeis being behind them?

I'd say its more like 50/50 bad connections and lag abusing.

Well your an alb, so I doubt you will notice your own using it which is fair enough. So youve mentioned Bards/druids/healers/shammys that youve seen using it, what other casters do you see in RvR regulary? Not much. Youve pretty much just named most of the casting classes everyone see's regulary in emain, sicne these are usualy abundent in a group (i.e. 3 healers usualy per group, atleast 2 druids) its very likely some of these peole will have bad conn's or PC's. Cheating is the easiest conclusion, but not neccesarily the right one.

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by zedorf luribomb
yea i bet its an age thing... noone mature using it :p

I dont care if your 50 years old RL , if you cheat like that you a sad kid in my eye's , no adult would sink that low....

C

case-rigantis

Originally posted by old.Downanael
Really hope ppl would read class abilities before saying someone using em cheats :( That was speed shout+sprint

hunter speed shout 195 + sprint
minstrel speed 204 + sprint

next question...

P

polkadot

That pretty much sums up my feelings about this Melachi.

I think this has been blown out of proportion by all involved and 99% of the cases will an innocent case of lag on one side or the other. I also don't think this is restricted to those with a low-end spec either.

I would argue that the majority of instances people are reporting are caused by /face as opposed to some bizarre windowed-mode screen-shot abusing hack.

C

case-rigantis

Originally posted by polkadot
That pretty much sums up my feelings about this Melachi.

I think this has been blown out of proportion by all involved and 99% of the cases will an innocent case of lag on one side or the other. I also don't think this is restricted to those with a low-end spec either.

I would argue that the majority of instances people are reporting are caused by /face as opposed to some bizarre windowed-mode screen-shot abusing hack.

yep obviously from my point of view I only suffer "lag" when chasing down RvR guild healers or casters very unlucky eh since I don`t suffer the same problem against random casters or even when in huge zergs

M

Melachi-

Originally posted by hangianix
Erm, if you are using capital for Elfs and Exe then write Tattersail in the same way all the time please :)

He got one the first time, just forgot the second time :)

Originally posted by case-rigantis
yep obviously from my point of view I only suffer "lag" when chasing down RvR guild healers or casters very unlucky eh since I don`t suffer the same problem against random casters or even when in huge zergs

Maybe they are the ones lagging. I can bet there is cheaters out there abusing some lag bugs, but lets face it, even in Counter-Strike the most hack abused game on the planet, I bet 90% of claims cheating were not true.

Its like when I played TFC, aimbots wouldnt help that much in the game, since those who relied most on aim were soldiers and an aimbot wont help with a rocket. Everyone was happy, then all of a sudden there was a found to be a bug with ex_interp, and the community(uktfcl) flipped, now if you lagged for a milisecond, "OMG EX_INTREP HAX!!111".

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by old.Downanael

Hunter speed + spriting is NOT faster than minstrel mach 5 + sprint, yet he pulled away from us at a horrendous rate. I have a hunter on excal and am fully aware of the classes abilities.

T

the_smurflord

Ok people keep saying name and shame? Fine then.
We'll start with the bard Substance.
Seriously lag warping at the most convenient times, i.e. lag free when supporting his group but warps like mad if you go to hit him.
In HW over the last few days and in sauvage today.

Z

zapzap

Originally posted by lillagullan
how about not lagging as healer now then?

Ever seen me lag jump ? if so not on purpose , the lag from sprint face cant be prevented and should be fixed.

Zapsi

N

naetha

I've just fought a group of Tuatha de Dannan in Sauvage, same guild as I've fought before, but different group/druid/bard, funny but either its a pre-requisite that all people with low spec comps play healers, or its guild policy to use the lag-bug cheat.

Its about the 10th time I've fought a group from this guild and their support classes have been warping all over the place.

Thats why I suspect its cheating, and not just bad luck.

Screenshots taken and rightnowed, but I doubt it'll do anything.

Kaooz and Substance were the warping druid and bard, and funnily enough Xxcalibur, that previously advocated the abuse of this bug, was in this group as well.

H

hangianix

He got one the first time, just forgot the second time :)
All lies!!!1! You forgot it the third time as well. :)

G

gwal

Originally posted by naetha
I've just fought a group of Tuatha de Dannan in Sauvage, same guild as I've fought before, but different group/druid/bard, funny but either its a pre-requisite that all people with low spec comps play healers, or its guild policy to use the lag-bug cheat.

Its about the 10th time I've fought a group from this guild and their support classes have been warping all over the place.

Thats why I suspect its cheating, and not just bad luck.

Screenshots taken and rightnowed, but I doubt it'll do anything.

Kaooz and Substance were the warping druid and bard, and funnily enough Xxcalibur, that previously advocated the abuse of this bug, was in this group as well.

and funnily enough, albs seem to blame every man and his dog for lag abuse theese days.

M

Malena

Originally posted by voltage
you could just have said

"I use this bug cos everyone else does"

:p

i play bm only atm dont need do it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom