Politics Labour Implosion

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I'm sorry but the immigrants didn't steal anyone's jobs... They are the ones in a lot of cases to work in jobs where British people just won't anymore... If you want to work there IS work but are you prepared to do the work that is available at the salary available? /rant

It's the same thing here in Sweden. The right wing morons blame immigrants for "stealing all the jobs" when they themselves refuse to take those jobs because they aren't fancy or pay enough.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The idea that they have no effect is every bit as silly as thinking they are the cause of all the problems.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's the same thing here in Sweden. The right wing morons blame immigrants for "stealing all the jobs" when they themselves refuse to take those jobs because they aren't fancy or pay enough.
You and @Yoni fail to add to that that immigrants often come over for a few years and build up a nest egg and then go back and purchase a property - and that's the only thing that makes working on their salarys worth it. UK workers don't have that choice.

It's not immigrants and it's NOT lazy UK workers. It's a system that favours the rich and powerful at the expense of workers.

Sheesh. You'd think people would get that easy thing by now. It's like we're culturally blind to that simple fact.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
So Corbyn gets on the ballot. Which quite honestly is probably the right decision in terms of fairness, but it's the worst thing that could have happened for the Labour Party. Had he been refused and that had been upheld in court, then the Momentum Party could have been founded and perhaps have 5 or 6 MP's in the future. Instead Labour will now be decimated in the next GE. Whether that's this year or in 2020. Great news for the Tories, bad news for the country. A good opposition is necessary in our system.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I would struggle to pick anyone from Labour at the moment who stands a chance of winning a GE but who the hell is this Owen Smith bloke.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I think people are looking at this very short sighted, we have JC vs 172 MPs. The MPs dont like JC but the members do, so for the future of the party is it not better to get rid of the 172 people that seem to not care what the members want? and then slowly build it back up with people who do.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its not quite as simple as that, those MPs are elected. You can't just get rid of them. They could split off and form their own party, labservative or whatever but that would leave them with virtually no financial backing and an even smaller voice in parliament. Also, what would happen if they did split, who would be the official opposition, protest hobbit and her gang of nationalists?

Most of their money comes from the people that want Corbyn as leader.

They are proper fucked and will be for ages.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Those MPs wont be elected next time at a guess, if JC survives this then at next elections the 172 will be mostly replaced with ones the members feel are more in line with JC, or maybe that would just make too much sense lol

Vae

Resident Freddy
That depends on if you think the vocal (minority?) Corbyn supporters are a large enough share of the general Labour voters who voted in the last election. My guess is probably not. However if the current MP's are excluded from standing again by their local constituency parties (likely dominated by the active Corbyn supporters) then we could well see the case of current MP's breaking away to form a moderate Labour party leaving the current Labour party structure to be dominated by Corbyn activists who fail to appeal to the public in general. Labour civil war and split votes.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The 'membership' that voted Corbyn in and will do so again are not representative of the majority of traditional Labour voters. Neither are they particularly representative of party activists, councillors and the infrastructure of the party. I know plenty of people who've been involved actively in the Labour party for decades who do not agree with Corbyn and are mightily pissed off that the £3 voters who've never been involved in the party in their life have foisted this leader on them and will do so again.

Miliband's new system has fucked them over.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
My father in law is secretary of his local Labour mob, he goes all quiet when you mention Corbyn.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
My father in law is secretary of his local Labour mob, he goes all quiet when you mention Corbyn.
Point is it's not just 200 'Blairite' MPs. That's just propaganda from the Corbynistas.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The 'membership' that voted Corbyn in and will do so again are not representative of the majority of traditional Labour voters. Neither are they particularly representative of party activists, councillors and the infrastructure of the party. I know plenty of people who've been involved actively in the Labour party for decades who do not agree with Corbyn and are mightily pissed off that the £3 voters who've never been involved in the party in their life have foisted this leader on them and will do so again.

Miliband's new system has fucked them over.

If you exclude the £3 voters from the last ballot - Corbyn still wins by a hefty margin.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
If you exclude the £3 voters from the last ballot - Corbyn still wins by a hefty margin.
Indeed but they don't help. Much of the membership don't actually bother to get themselves involved. They like to virtue-signal what a political concsience they have without the bother of doing anything. Many of them, along with the new membership who joined to vote for Corbyn as well as the £3 'supporters' are the ones who put Corbyn in.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Must say I am disappointed that its £25 now, I thought £3 was a bargain.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I think im starting to sound like Anakin but in my eyes its the MPs that are evil erm wrong!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
But those 170 MP's have been elected by 170 separate constituencies to represent them, are you suggesting they should be overruled by a selection of communists, Tories and other mischief makers who paid £3?

Don't get me wrong I don't have a massive issue with Corbyn staying, as he is as unelectable as Rolf Harris, but still, seems a very strange situation.

A very funny one, mind :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I think im starting to sound like Anakin but in my eyes its the MPs that are evil erm wrong!

Yup, why not shut the fuck up, let Corbyn have a GE, if he fails he leaves anyway. One GE loss and then burnham/chuka step in.

Or do what they're doing, fracture the party, guarantee a GE loss, split the labour party into two parties, guaranteeing further losses for another 2+ election cycles.

It's not smart.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I dont hear any form of an alternative from the MPs, they keep saying things like strong leadership and being un-electable but i dont hear why and what they would offer differently. It comes across as purely personal and they just want him gone because its him and the reality is they will offer nothing different themselfs.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Have to remember its the MPs causing all this, they the ones trying to force a change and resigning and calling leadership challenges, as ECA said they should have just stood behind him and then picked up pieces after next GE if he was as bad as they feared

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Frankie Boyle nailed it in his column.
Corbyn talks to the press slowly like he is trying to teach idiots..in reality he is speaking down to the machine that will kill him

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
And after all Angela Eagles bluster in the press over the last week or so she has now bailed out of the leadership race as well, what a farce

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Any idiot can read the polls that give corbyn 55%+ support vs any single opponent and release they'd get crushed.
Maybe they should've read the polls before starting this coup?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
And after all Angela Eagles bluster in the press over the last week or so she has now bailed out of the leadership race as well, what a farce

Pretty sure both candidates opposing Corbyn had said they would drop out in favour of the one with most votes in the first round...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I bet she is relieved to have not been beaten by Corbyn in a couple of months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom