Kitten

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
throdgrain said:
Thats what I hate about cats, they ruin the wildlife around them. Please get yours a bell :)

You mean they're better at slaughtering birds than you and your penis extension.

(Hi throd) :D

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
well, the kids have just talked me into getting them another kitten.

Currently its 4 days old, so a few weeks to go.

Its an Abysinnian (sp) cross and so short haired.

Im allergic to short haired cats (and long haired dogs - go figure)

just wondering wot our existing cat (11 year old) is gonna make if it!

Embattle

FH is my second home
WPKenny said:
Well it seems the cat is determined not to let me play any games on my pc. Every time I load up WoW she's clawing her way up my leg and onto my keyboard. :/ But she is so cute....

I used to get that, my cat would get lonely downstairs with no one else around and come upstairs into my room. It once jumped on me and I nearly loaded my pants because I haven't heard it come in my room, it also attacked my screen in the past when playing BF1942.

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Just go give u an idea of the cost to neuter and chip a cat - we just had 2 done (male and female) and it cost £300 .....

we now can't eat for a month so will be relying on the darn cats to catch the birds for our dinner. ;)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You got ripped off. My two cost me about £35 each, plus a tenner each for a chip.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Tom said:
You got ripped off. My two cost me about £35 each, plus a tenner each for a chip.

I paid a bit more than that, but £150 each is very steep.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Just got ours chipped for £18, and I remember neutering was not more than £70 or so.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
throdgrain said:
Thats what I hate about cats, they ruin the wildlife around them. Please get yours a bell :)

I hate birds and rodents, so it doesn't bother me tbh. :p

However mine does have a bell, thats the only sound you can use to distinguish her since she never ever meows....never.

Although walking into my kitchen one morning to find a beheaded starling was odd, I was having mixed feelings of "Nice one, nailed that bird" and "Jesus christ this fucking stinks".

CurryKnight

Fledgling Freddie
kittens are great but they are much better when they turn mature and have a good 7-8 years under their belt cuz they live the life you long for. I will go out for the day and my cat will be asleep on my bed, get back and he hasn't moved. when i turf him out the front door at 11ish he goes 4 doors down the road where a couple of cat freaks live and they have a cat flap and every cat from the village is welcome so he goes in there are sleeps in thier lounge all night. come morning he's back at mine :)

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Ours arrived Sunday

cat1.jpg

cat2.jpg

Older cat has a hissing fit and is currently refusing to enter the house.

Women!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
cool that you can see the adult cat coming out through the kitten :) tigerstripes for teh win!

Damini

Part of the furniture
That kitten is gorgeous. Ours is getting bigger now - not to mention more demanding. She keeps jumping on my head at ugly a.m. to get fussing. Oh, and she came in with a pooey bum, and because she loves sleeping on Kenny's mousemat, she smeared poo all over his mouse when she tried to push it out of the way.

Which, obviously, I thought was hysterical, but Kenny wasn't quite as amused.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
poo+mouse? I can imagine the not-amused-ness! I love cats, but you've given me a reason to keep my future furbag out of the pootaroom there :)

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
well, oldest cat still has not come inside the house since we got the kitten.

Drawback is a gawd awful smell of crap in the living room (litter tray is in the kitchen). Searched high and low to see if its left a "present" somewhere, all to no avail.

Kitten is a big softy and is always wanting petted.

If you are standing in the kitchen it will climb up your leg and perch on your shoulder.

Kinda painful if you arent wearing trousers.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Ula caught her first mouse!

catnmouse.jpg

She came into the lounge and started throwing it around. I called for Damini and she insisted I throw it out before the mouse split. So I scooped up the cat and she grabbed for the mouse as I lifted her away.

So there she is on the doorstep, happily throwing the mouse into the glass pane of the front door. *thunk* *thunk*

Then she decides it's a little too chilly outside and tries to come back in. Damini puts her foot in the way of the catflap at first but relents so we watch her throw it around a bit more for fun. :flame:

Eventually Damini insists I throw the mouse away so I bag it and chuck it in the bin. This leaves Ula sniffing around and mewing really pathetically as she tries to figure out where the mouse has gone.

Damini also wants me to fit a bell to Ula to prevent such things happening again. I'm resisting for now cos I'm actually pretty proud that she caught the mouse. heh.

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
WPKenny said:
Damini also wants me to fit a bell to Ula to prevent such things happening again. I'm resisting for now cos I'm actually pretty proud that she caught the mouse. heh.
If my cat is anything to go by this won't really help that much. Blue Tits are her fav atm.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
We have a new kitten!

For now we have named her "Squeek" cos that's all she did on the drive home.

Pics hosted on my own pc which is on most of the time..

www.wpkenny.com/squeekpics

Damini

Part of the furniture
Well, the cats have decided to throw some excitement our way. We had to call round an electrician to fix a dodgy light, and whilst he's there little Squeek decides to wee profusely all over the settee. I remove the seat pads, and throw the covers in the washing machine (along with the duvet covers she wee'd on last night...) and settle down to drink my tea. Next second I [complete girl] start screaming as a bloody mouse scurries up from the side of the settee, runs across the now empty space where the cushion was, and then disappears [/complete girl]. Ula had obviously discarded at least one mouse during her attempts at perfecting creature paralysis. God knows what this poor electrician thought of my urinating kitten, mouse infested settee, and girlish screaming, but he didn't stick around long enough to finish his cup of tea.

Still, Squeek is very cute, and I suppose if she hadn't wee'd then we wouldn't have found out about the mouse in the settee.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I went downstairs the other morning to find the cats very interested in a roll of Christmas wrapping paper - specifically the tube that the paper is wrapped upon.

Inside the tube (about 3 feet long) was a mouse. The little beggar had only found the perfect hiding place! Anyhow I let it go. That has to be about the 10th time this year I've done that, and it doesn't include the half-dozen or so dead ones they leave for me, and it also doesn't include the birdies that they seem to enjoy munching on.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom