Kiarra is NO LONGER crafting weapons for Albion

D

Danya

Originally posted by **Aligro**
of course it's a matter of choice, people choose to commit suicide, people choose to work, people choose to play games, all i inclined was that people with play times totaling over 60-70 days on their chars obviously dont have anything better to do than play a game. what the game has been running.... 200 or so days, 200/65 = 3 that means 8 hours a day playing, every day, since the game started. so take waking up at 7:30 going to work by 9 getting home at 5, turn comp on at 5:30 play till, 12:30, of course there are those who dont work e.g bored house wives :rolleyes: or other people who i dont want to offend but i just cant see how peeps can play that much.
I make it 240 days roughly (8 months, 30 days per month average). So 60/240 = 1/4, about 6 hours per day average. Most people play more at weekends so it's about 4-5 hours on a weekday night. If you start playing at say 6:30, that's a stop at 10:30.

DAOC does, however, have significant numbers over 33.

Which suggests (though does not prove) that significantly more than 50% of the player base is under 22.
That's a bit of a logical leap. There's no evidence that DAoC has a significant number of people over 33. Additionally, my point was most people are older than 15 (Aligro's age), not 22. If you want to extend it, I was also implying most are not in the 14-18 age range, which also holds.
I assumed a normal distribution for ages about the average (which I assume was a mean, not median). As most populations occuring naturally have a normal distribution this seemed reasonable. Given a mean age of 22 and a normally distributed population, the majority of players are indeed over 18.

C

Conchabar

Originally posted by **Aligro**

Having said this, in game i have encountered more people my age than say..... 30ish, maybe that's because they dont tell me their age or maybe because there aint that many and they have better things to do in their lives that play games. now i dont mean any disrespect to any people over the age of 25 who play because i suppose it is an acceptable hobby, however, if someone came up to you and asks "what do you do in your spare time?" dont you think you'd be a tad embarrassed to say "i play a game called Dark Age of Camelot" i know i would be, but it's ok for me to play as that's what people my age do, but i would say i play a fair amount, i only get to play at weekends but that's enough and yet i am only level 44, but yet i see people going around with 2 level 50s!!!! and RR7 or 8!!!! this to me shows an outragous overdose of sat behind a computer screen. I know some people will hate me for saying this but i have to say it. it's a bit sad don't ya think :(

OMG aligro what r u on about. So ure telling me that when sum 1 asks u what u do in ure spare time and u say DAoC u should be ashamed? lol if everyone said that then i don't think DAoC would sell ^_^. LoL aligro im sure u would play as much as everyone else if u didn't have skewl.

O

old.Ramas

I assumed a normal distribution for ages about the average (which I assume was a mean, not median). As most populations occuring naturally have a normal distribution this seemed reasonable.

2nd pendant point:

This is also something of an urban myth.

It's more true to say that most measurements across a population of samples from an original population are aproximately normal.

So if I took a sample of 100 daoc players, found their average age, and wrote it down. Then repeated this process over and over, I would eventually get a distribution of sample averages that is likely to be normal.

On the other hand, if I simply plot the age of all daoc players, frequency against age, it is very unlikely that the resultant plot would be normal. And less likely still that the plot would be normal with mean = median (the normal distribution can be 'skewed' in either the +ve or -ve direction and still be considered 'normal').

Using sample stats as data points rather than individual observations (of player age) will cancel out the shape of the original distribution, making it tend to the normal shape, this makes it easier to work with, though you do, of course, have to be careful about the conclusions you draw.

Given a mean age of 22 and a normally distributed population, the majority of players are indeed over 18.

Ignoring the words "normally distributed", and considering the context you say this in, you are, of course, probably correct. But discussions on higher mathematics and Monty Python seem like better subject matter for a discussion than where this thread was heading previously ;) .

G

g0ldenbone

Originally posted by old.Ramas

But discussions on higher mathematics and Monty Python seem like better subject matter for a discussion than where this thread was heading previously ;) .

Hehe, couldnt agree more

O

old.FIN

Romans

Wine came actually from ancient Israel, and when disease killed all winegraves from France ( what found that is good place to grown them ) they went to Israel and bought some from there and started again.

And Romans went to israel and took the knowledge there.

And in Crusader trips they were in 1 Island near Greece and on those mountains was castle and winegraves grove there good, and produced good wine, thats why Paladins were always little Drunk =)

And in spain they made 1 bad tasting wine, what they took on Marco Polos ships, and they bassed the line what in middle of earth, where is hot like hell, cant remmeber the english name of that, well anyway wine ooverheated and came very sweet, because of the heat, and taste of it came very good, so they loaded ship full of it, went ot that middle thing, and came back, until they figured out how it can be done in land also, so Marco Polo's guys were always Drunk also, i think wine is called Marbella now.

And also all american winegraves r from france, what actually r from israel, and same stuff is all over, so winegraves, all of them, r from israel area actually. ha ve had leacture about those, i hold it, because i been bartender 13+ years now, and also been at school teaching, without any study of restaurant. and i have memory =)

And yes, im UBER =)

w00t this was 127th allrdy?

O

old.FIN

And Shampagne was invented by Monk's

Munk DOM..

and thats why it has that metal thingy around cork, because otherwise it would POP and no shampagne =(

Same guys produce also Liquer called DOM, very good thing with coffee, expensive though, and the receipe is known only by 3 different monks same time.

Also Jagermeister is good, made from 151 diff herbs if im right,
Drink that straight or with red bull and Liquer 43 is also good Sniffer, made in 43 diff herbs ( Sniffer: Pour liquer to Aroma class, about 4 cl , turn it on fire, asap put your hand on top of class, so fire goes off, smell the fumes of fumed alcohol by raising little your hand between tumb and 1st finger, then drink the rest, and those little drops whats left u drop on snaps class whats turned upside down , and sniff those to nose, and DAMN it goes to head =)

Damn shame Ludlow's pub or Cammys The Mug dont sell those

O

old.Kiarra

Kero, Havent read a thing (apart from your post) since I last posted :p

Kiarra Lvl 38: Getting there now Thanks to many highly successful grps at gobbo hill and many many hours of slogging it out. Also thanks to those who have helped so far :)

Im still getting swamped and spammed though with folks wanting orders. Yes I will do them when I hit 50, however long that takes..... But I will get there, even if I have to solo the rest of the way !

Otherwise as mentioned before please contact Mishy, Wasch or Coaxmetal. Thankyou

N

noob_pride

Let get get this right, Kiarra... Pople have to pay,power lvl and suck up to you for a weapon or your not gonna make weapons?

O

old.Kerosene

Shut up Noob Pride. Starting a flame... shame on you.

D

Danya

Originally posted by noob_pride
Let get get this right, Kiarra... Pople have to pay,power lvl and suck up to you for a weapon or your not gonna make weapons?
Makes you glad you're not on alb/exc eh noob? ;)

As for the distributions thing, bleh I always hated stats. ;)

N

noob_pride

Originally posted by old.Kiarra
Well, I have spent 6 months crafting and supplying weapons for you lot. Apart from a couple of friends no one else has lifted a finger to help.

And after seeing other players with their Infiltrator alts leeching xp at a tangler grp, I am so dissapointed and totally pissed off at the attitude of Albion players. :puke:

Flame me if you like, but this is it, NO MORE will I spend hours crafting 98 - 99% lvl 50 weapons for you. You are simply not worth the effort and the payment for these weapons does NOT justify the time spent to make them.

So thats it. I will craft for my close friends only and those who have helped me in the past.

First you dont spend 6 months crafting for other people its for yourself or you wouldnt have done.

No one has lifted a finer to help? What after you sold them a weapon? Why do people have to power lvl you just cuz you sold them a weapon? Next time try giving them a weapon in exchange of power lvling, simple...

Your are not worth the effort and payment for these weapons does not justify the time spent to make them..

You my friend are not a true smith.. You should never have started thinking you was gonna get anything more than money at best.. If you not happy with the gold then increase your price..

This is not a flame or flamming.. Its pointing out where you went wrong...

N

noob_pride

Being a smith is about making items, making gold, making items for all your chars... Has nothing to do with exp..

N

noob_pride

O yes I like when a pretty looking bitch slaps me...
You got big hooters love?

K

Kagato.

Ok this has got to win the record for longest thread ever, surely.

lock it already !

O

old.Kerosene

Why lock what people can blatently farm post counts on :D... oops.. now I've done it too. :m00:

O

old.Mitsu

/Bump - for the spoiled crafter :rolleyes:

If you dont feel like crafting.. dont. Dont come whining on bw like a kid who didnt get a new bike for christmas.

N

nume

OK people back to what matter which is the debate over the average age of DAoC players :rolleyes:

A recent survey conducted in camelot revealed the average ablion age to be [drum roll] 24 !

(small print: sample size = 1 - me!)

The point being there's:-
a) Lies,
b) Damn Lies &
c) Statistics

I thank you [bows] .... :m00:

All i know and care about is that I'm in a guild with people I get on with, I don't care what age they are and don't know. Yes there are annoying people in the game, but hell, I've taken my time to level and mostly gone for grouping with decent peeps.

Another word to the wise: "More speed, less haste"
A good group of people who you take the time to get to know and make effort to get on with will out perform the "quick quick lets kill, stop wasting time ffs!" inpolite approach

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom