Kiarra is NO LONGER crafting weapons for Albion

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by Zag Barr
Same old story. It's the way all people go, who spend a lot of their online time to do something for the realm or their guild.

There is only so much effort you can put into it, hoping things will get better, and it isn't. There is only so many let downs and disencouragments one can take. Why continue to go through the trouble, if nothing changes and all their troubles were to no avail?

Finaly those people snap. If everyone else is just being selfish and having fun without caring about our community, then they will just do the same. They leave their guilds, their realm, stop organizing stuff or (in this case) stop crafting.

Many good people have been lost this way and the realm is loosing with each one of them.

Worst thing is, it's a catch 22. The end of the process is, no one caring for anything else but themselves anymore.

And we are not far from this point. We have no community, no leaders - only a bunch of opportunists trying to make the best for themselves

All you hear nowadays is: Albs suck - and it's true. We suck because we don't stand up for each others, because we don't work together and are so easily disencouraged with about pretty much anything.

I wish there was a way out of it - like bring all those people that care together, so we could encourage each others and hopefully make a difference in the end ...

I just know that not organizing events, not crafting or not caring any more is the wrong way to go. People won't learn - you won't teach them a lesson. You are just hurting the ones who do care.

Zag's post says it all actually...

The star that burns twice as bright, burns half as long... and i'm afraid Kiarra is a victim of this.

O

old.Revz

This might sound obvious but it isn't beyond the means of any reasonably sized guild to have legendary master craftsmen in all four disciplines. You just choose four people to get there and help them out with money constantly. It pays off in spades once things are set because not only do you get all of the masterpieces you need but you make a hell of a lot of money crafting things for other people as well. Potential customers find it much easier to come to one guild for all of their crafting needs rather than track down individual people who may or may not be online. Our guild currently has :

Fletcher @ 1033
Weaponcrafter @ 1057
Tailor @ 1100
Armourcrafter @ 1100

It seems with Kiarra stopping there is a nice gap in the market on Excal for some clever person or guild to fill.

B

bf_kate

Originally posted by old.Kiarra Have I ever asked "Please Powerlevel me?" NO, thats not my style. I DONT EXPECT TO BE POWERLEVELLED, I am not that presumptious, neither do I suffer illusions of grandeur. Unlike some in the game. Read http://forums.barrysworld.com/showt...d=18507
Errr… you have, it is, and you do.
“Many of you have said they will help Powerlevel her, and I would now like to take you up on your kind offers.”
“I would be happy to do a 36 hour Marathon getting her level up. If we could arrange a rota basis for the final levels say 35 upwards and do tanglers, all proceeds and monies collected could go towards the Keep door fund ? Im sure a marathon would produce enough to keep us going for a while. Im not expecting he to reach 50, but the closer the better

This would obviously need some planning in advance and perhaps if a rota basis could be arranged with Sorcerors then nobody has to get real tired or bored.

This is just a suggestion only, to see what thoughts you might have. Kiarra is currently level 13 so there is a long way to go.

In order to get to a higher level before a tangler Marathon, are any Earth Wizzies or Theurgs out there willing to buff Kiarra so that she can solo oranges quickly ? or can a groups be formed at various levels to PL her, perhaps in DF?”

How is that NOT asking to be powerleveld? People offered it to you over the months, fine. You got loads of people saying just message them in game and they would help you, fine. But many people did not offer to powerlevel you. Many people bought a weapon from you, paid what you asked and that is it. Why do they owe you anything else? Why do people powerleveling their alts at tanglers owe you anything? Before you started this thread a friend of mine dared to ask you about an order he placed a while ago. He was told that you were busy and not crafting, he replied ok :), you replied with some snarky comment about you are only crafting for people who have helped you and I don’t think you are one of those people, are you. He didn’t badger you – you were in cornwall crafting so he wasn’t interrupting your exping. He asked one question and when you said you didn’t want to craft him a weapon he said ok :) – and you bite his head off because he hasn’t powerlevelled you. How is that you not expecting to be powerleveled? He never promised you anything. I have heard the same story from several other people. I am sorry but that sounds exactly like you expect to be powerleveled.

If some of you had actually bothered to read to any other posts, you would have realised that all I was after was the oppurtunity to be able to group with some of you and make life a little easier and more fun, rather than just slogging it out solo. Infils have a bad time getting into groups.
ROFL – see the above quote. You don’t want groups at your level. You want to be powerleveled. Why can’t you just make an alt group with friends like the rest of us? My friends and I started an alt group a week ago and we are all having fun and we have gotten a decent level along the way. Why can’t you just play the game with your friends and have fun?

Well over 6 months of crafting....

Many hours spent waiting for people to show to collect their orders. People arriving with not enough gold nd having to get an alt from Camelot and taking half an hour, while I stand there waiting.....

Getting ganked going to Excalibur for materials many times, and wasting more time going back for more materials.......

Letting you "Pay me later when you have the gold"....

Getting Spammed everytime I log with questions, demands, whines, etc....

If you only had a small idea of the pure hell it has been sometimes.. Read post http://forums.barrysworld.com/showt...eferrerid=18507

I have also mentioned to many to support Wasch, Mishy, Achilles, Coaxmetal, to mention a few of the other weapon crafters, to take the heat off me.
Sorry but I don’t get your point. You came here and said you were crafting, asking for orders. You got the orders. You decided to craft. Kiarra this is a game that people play to have fun. You have set up a business in a game. You have put time into it and you have the weaponskill to show for it (plus the money you have earned). If that wasn’t fun for you, then I am sorry but that is your problem. You have several high level characters, if they aren’t fun for you then I am sorry but that is your problem. We are all playing to have fun and we all find it in different ways.
Last time. Why don’t you play with your friends, enjoy the battlegrounds, and when you get to level 35, then do as I suggested and craft in exchange for the cost of the weapon plus a spot in a group for a level or half a level. If you have 18 hours a day to play, then I think that this will go rather quickly. If levelling (ie playing the game) is not fun for you then maybe you shouldn’t be playing?

PS… Zagg is dead on.

D

[DK]Rawkeer

rofl, this thread is comcial..

It seems to go along the lines of "Your not playing by my rules, i'm taking my ball and going home".

Kiarra, you seem to make out that you were doing everyone a massive favour by being PAID to craft items. Nobody forced you to, you wanted to do it, you wanted the cash, quit whining.

And because something totally unrelated happens you stop weapons for everyone, really mature, and i quote something you sid to me once "I'm a 35 year old women".. Well act like one.

G

g0ldenbone

A genuinely well put obseration Zagg. The way things are going in albion is a fair reflection of the way society (in general) has been going as well (as you would expect). The community is becomming spread out into guild and alliance sized chunks with little or no collaboration outwith.

Its a real shame as many people I play with all over the server are fantastic and wouldnt hesitate to help out (in my experience that certainly includes Kiarra). I see the problem as a result of big egos guiding large bodies of players into disagreement and general disharmony. You cant read a page of posts on this board without seeing someone call out a person for bad behaviour (which may or may not be a misunderstanding/subjective opinion). Whole bodies of experienced players are alienated this way.

And ive said it before, when you take a bunch of 20-XX year olds (rough example) and put them on a level playing field with a whole bunch of 13 year olds (again roughly :)) there's bound to be problems. Where else do you socially interact with people of that age? and deal with the associated problems (no social skill, honour, manners, spelling abilities)

Like you said Zagg, it wont help that Kiarra wont be crafting, but by the same token, she cant be blamed for making that decision. Everyone has a breaking point and thats the way it is (unfortunately). I just hope she gets to enjoying the game in the same way that I and many others do. There are GREAT people in this realm, genuinely fantastic players who do care about their realm mates.. Find them and play with them. Thats the best advice I've got to offer..

G

Glottis_Xanadu

If there is a fire sale being held in Camelot, I would like to buy the 2-handed slash that I had ordered the week before you started xp'ing.
Will try to contact you ingame then.
Regards, Glottis

O

old.Kerosene

We'll look after ya Kiarra. You know who 'we' are.

D

Danya

Originally posted by [DK]Rawkeer
rofl, this thread is comcial..

It seems to go along the lines of "Your not playing by my rules, i'm taking my ball and going home".
I was just thinking that... ;) Very much a case of "I only have one level 50, I want a level 50 inf alt NOW or I'm going to throw a tantrum!" *toys fly sailing through the air as Kiarra hurls them from the pram...*
Also it's quite beyond me how someone can say they are looking out for the good of albion while demanding powerleveling for an infiltrator alt in the same breath. Not like assassins are rare is it. Someone really looking out for the realm would be playing their level 50 rejuv cleric in RvR don't you think?

O

old.Ramas

Hmm,

So fair enough, your complaint is that infils don't get into groups easily?

Um, no one gets into 35-50 xp groups (except bt theurgs) easily these days, primarily because there are only 3 spots reliable spots in albion for post 45 xp, and only a few more for good 35+ xp, and they all require optimal groups (which imho, would include one infil, buts that's a whole other discussion). Combine this with the godawful experience that is the 35-50 slog and I'm not surprised you are having trouble getting into groups.

Incidentaly, I would add that infils had no trouble getting into my groups when I was actively leveling a cleric, as they are the most effective damage dealers on high mobs (magic has a tendancy to bounce off purple mobs). Of course with the high number of infils currently levelling, any group is limited in the number it can accept - you need a cleric, you need a theurg, you need cc, or you can't farm the most efficient spots.

But this aside, everyone has a nightmare getting into groups.

For me the standard time line for a 45+ xp session was 1 - 2 hours finding a group, then 1-2 hours per bubble thereafter. Unfortunately Mythic appear to view this as working as intended.

I'm afraid that I'm not remotely surprised that everyone else you meet doing this is all pissy, or that it's pissing you off.

I fear it pisses everyone off regardless of whether you have a guild/friends to help.

Leveling sucks past 35, it will never be fun in and of itself, fun can only be had by slowing down, and being willing to risk getting no xp by doing something that is neither tree nor pygmy shaped. Anyone in Lyonesse is trying to get it over with at all costs.

Yes I know you can xp in Dm or DF, but both require luck, a lot of (preferably guild scale) pre-planning, and once you include travel and organisation time they will not provide the same xp/hour as Lyonesse hell. That's not to say it isn't fun or worth doing, just that it's understandable why people aren't all that keen on it.

If the xp quotas for 35-50 were more reasonable I'm sure people would calm down and be willing to try something different (as they generally do from 35 down), and group with something other than a tried and tested group formula that they already trust. But when the highest levels require several thousand kills per level you can't, I'm afraid, really blame people for getting frustrated and being unwilling to deviate at all from what they know will work.

On the crafting thing, I stand by what I said before, if you're bored of it, for heaven's sake stop doing it. And don't let anyone tell you you have any kind of responsibility to craft. There are other crafters, and there are many many others who could be become crafters if they felt it's that important.

A

**Aligro**

Originally posted by g0ldenbone

And ive said it before, when you take a bunch of 20-XX year olds (rough example) and put them on a level playing field with a whole bunch of 13 year olds (again roughly :)) there's bound to be problems. Where else do you socially interact with people of that age? and deal with the associated problems (no social skill, honour, manners, spelling abilities)

well i'm 15 and have not any problems getting on with the people in any of the groups that i have been in and have encountered during my life of the game and i dont see how you can say that about us, the majority of the people who play (14-18) well not so much as the 18yr olds but people my age. No social skill, honour manners or spelling ability ey? Well all i have to say to that is, get yor thum out ya ass and relize dat sum of'us r ok :p . age in this game should not be an issue to the way people act when playing or be something to bitch about on a forum. yeah sure you get the odd cocky kid who beyond all possible doubt can get a char to level 20 and not get bored and concequently delete, change realms, delete and then change realms back make the same char as they had before delete at level ten then make an armsman and beg off anyone who has dye which costs more than 25s, however this is only a small minority of the people that play and a quick 1g trade can sort this out. sorry goldenbone but been long
day at school and am tired :(

p.s kiarra to the red corner, kate to the blue, let's get it on :flame:

O

old.Odysseus

If we albs had half the skill at RvR we have in smearing eachother and yelling and bitching ....

then we would be the ones slapping the mids and hibs, and not the other way around.

P

Pickles14113

?

DAoC?!?!Is it turning in to a cheap old american soap opera series!?!?!

Its a game,peace an love ppl :D

D

Danya

Originally posted by **Aligro**
the majority of the people who play (14-18) well not so much as the 18yr olds but people my age.
Actually the average age in DAoC is 22. That means most people are older than you by at least a few years. :p I suspect Alb/Excal may be skewed towards younger people but I seriously doubt it's entirely 14-18 year olds as you make out.

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by old.Odysseus
If we albs had half the skill at RvR we have in smearing eachother and yelling and bitching ....

then we would be the ones slapping the mids and hibs, and not the other way around.

dispite making me chuckle with this rather bleak comment, you ARE right I'm afraid :(

G

g0ldenbone

well i'm 15 and have not any problems getting on with the people in any of the groups that i have been in and have encountered during my life of the game and i dont see how you can say that about us, the majority of the people who play (14-18) well not so much as the 18yr olds but people my age. No social skill, honour manners or spelling ability ey? Well all i have to say to that is, get yor thum out ya ass and relize dat sum of'us r ok :p . age in this game should not be an issue to the way people act when playing or be something to bitch about on a forum. yeah sure you get the odd cocky kid who beyond all possible doubt can get a char to level 20 and not get bored and concequently delete, change realms, delete and then change realms back make the same char as they had before delete at level ten then make an armsman and beg off anyone who has dye which costs more than 25s, however this is only a small minority of the people that play and a quick 1g trade can sort this out. sorry goldenbone but been long
day at school and am tired :(

Well...
Rest assured that by default I have played with MANY younger players, plenty of which where courteous, polite and as skilled as the next person.

However, as you concede there are several (loads) younger players who are not so good/decent/pleasant/whatever. Again although it was a generalisation I think there are many situations that arise from the age gaps involved. Dont get me wrong, many problems will stem from a lack of patience/understanding from an older player as well, it was the social terrain I was trying to allude to.

Im sorry if I caused you offence mate, but im not going to fight fire with fire.

edit: oops, gone way way off topic :) sorry.

H

Hit ^_^

way to much text for me to read. cant keep up whit the posts on this forum.
cant ppl just make Yes or No posts.

G

g0ldenbone

no

:)

edit: Of course they cant, wheres the fun in that

O

old.Ramas

Arindra, she is at level 26

Crikey, from the goblins mentioned I assumed we were talking about the hard levels.

Really not sure what the problem is now.

Level 26 you could solo for heaven's sake.

Things to do (which you may or may not have tried) at level 26

Kill fairie frogs (solo)
Kill moor boogies, cornwall hunters and cornish hens around the roman villa in Cornwall (solo).
Get a group at the cata's entrance and kill ponies, kill stuff in the catacombs, or, at a push, kill greater boogies in W Cornwall.
Get a group near the DF entrance.

I even managed to get perfectly civil pick up groups of people I'd never met before with a sodding Cabalist right through the twenties (though I rarely went out of my way to find them since soloing was just as quick).

I'm really finding it hard to believe you simply can't get a non-powerlevel group.

These 'all-albion-sucks' posts are starting to frustrate me a little. I can't say I've encountered many people who weren't at least trying to be polite, helpful, and effective in the time I've been playing. There are, of course, a few idiots about, but no more, in my experience, than in any other realm/mmorpg/game-of-any-sort.

/shrug

D

daphatfriar

It's a game it's full of guess what: People!

Anyone who's ever had a face to face job (say in retail or sales for example) and meets 100 + people a day will tell you that you are *Guaranteed* to meet a percentage of genuine assholes and another percentage of people who you simply dont get on with.

That's life! If you genuinely can't abide meeting people who *may* turn out to be people would rather not have met in the 1st place I suggest you buy a single player roleplaying game and play that.

I've always found in my working life (15 years in retail and sales) that the good people far outweigh the bad there really are alot of good people out there. If you really think the majority of people you meet are assholes I can guarantee 100% it's simply because, fundamentally, you, yourself are an arsehole.

Peace and longlife :)

ps If your /ignore list is bigger than your /friends list this is a VERY bad sign lol

A

**Aligro**

Originally posted by Dannyn

Actually the average age in DAoC is 22. That means most people are older than you by at least a few years.

/em wonders where Dannyn got his facts from

F

Flimgoblin

depends what time of day you play I imagine :)

during school hours it'll be averaging students, end of school -> end of work it'll average lower

later in the evening the schoolkids go to bed so it's just the students and the workers

bloody students. :)

D

Danya

/em wonders where Dannyn got his facts from
Read it someplace. Was interesting as EQ's average is 23, not as much older as I thought (I thought DAoC would be lower). Bear in mind that statistic will be from US servers not EU, though I doubt the age difference is that huge. To say that the majority of players are 14-18 is wrong IMO.

A

**Aligro**

well when you register to the game, the minimum age that you can enter on to the D.O.B is 1984 or 86 i can't remeber and i can't acess to find out but i know iot's one of those 2. Anyway this means means you have to be 18 or 16 or older to be able to register under yourself legitemately, however, what i did and sure many other people same age or younger than i did was go for the youngest option available, therefore, player of age 13 or 15 or whatever, are logged down and sent to wherever it is they go for the files as 18 or 16 year olds. Because of this it is impossible to give an accurate average of the people who play.

Having said this, in game i have encountered more people my age than say..... 30ish, maybe that's because they dont tell me their age or maybe because there aint that many and they have better things to do in their lives that play games. now i dont mean any disrespect to any people over the age of 25 who play because i suppose it is an acceptable hobby, however, if someone came up to you and asks "what do you do in your spare time?" dont you think you'd be a tad embarrassed to say "i play a game called Dark Age of Camelot" i know i would be, but it's ok for me to play as that's what people my age do, but i would say i play a fair amount, i only get to play at weekends but that's enough and yet i am only level 44, but yet i see people going around with 2 level 50s!!!! and RR7 or 8!!!! this to me shows an outragous overdose of sat behind a computer screen. I know some people will hate me for saying this but i have to say it. it's a bit sad don't ya think :(

K

Karam_gruul

yet another reason this game sucks. u dont get anything good from crafting. in uo u get phat money from crafting stuff.

anyway, i own :(

Originally posted by old.Kiarra
Well, I have spent 6 months crafting and supplying weapons for you lot. Apart from a couple of friends no one else has lifted a finger to help.

And after seeing other players with their Infiltrator alts leeching xp at a tangler grp, I am so dissapointed and totally pissed off at the attitude of Albion players. :puke:

Flame me if you like, but this is it, NO MORE will I spend hours crafting 98 - 99% lvl 50 weapons for you. You are simply not worth the effort and the payment for these weapons does NOT justify the time spent to make them.

So thats it. I will craft for my close friends only and those who have helped me in the past.

O

old.Odysseus

yet another reason this game sucks. u dont get anything good from crafting. in uo u get phat money from crafting stuff.

anyway, i own

lol
rofl
roflmao

karam enters the thread and everything looks brighter.
once again he shows us excactly the extent of his knowledge and insight into various subjects concerning daoc.

kudos to kramam

B

BadJelly

my 2p

Well for me this thread is a little sad on a number of fronts.

Personally, I have a lot of respect for Kiarra. I've known this particular crafter for a fair length of time - certainly far below the heady heights of the 1100+'s. During this time Kiarra has always been friendly, willing to chat, helpful and thoroughly pleasant. I remember a number of occasions where Kessica has been logged on specifically to rezz me in cornwall/lyon when I was lower level. So, on that side of things (although to be fair not 'too' many of these posts have been flaming Kiarra personally) I hope you sort things out Kiarra, take a break from the crafting, whatever, and you can always drop me a line in-game if you want to group with a lowly 42 ish sorcerer.

I'm in the low 900's in tailoring so I know just how much effort it takes and how much help you need to get here and beyond (BIG thx to the Ferus crowd :) for their help ). My prices must be wrong btw, cos I certainly aint making the heaps of money that all these people seem to be suggesting that high level crafters have stashed under the bed.

I have no experience of the powerlevelling aspect here so I ain't gonna comment on this one. But to anyone who hasn't done any serious crafting, don't comment on payback till you know what you're talking about. A lot of what being a crafter is all about IS helping the realm - doing those jobs for lower levels for free or for a ridiculously low price. The extra remake you do (from your own profit) because you take pride in the work you do. Spending an age on a horse getting materials, running alts just so you have the vault space. Yes noone forces you to craft, and yes you do get paid for it, but in the long run I doubt many people are in it for the money.

I totally agree with the various comments about the attitudes of some ppl in Albion. I'm the wrong side of 30 and the lack of tolerance that some ppl exhibit towards other Albion players whose approach to the game, or personal rules differ from their own is amazing. I'm sure there are some great kiddies playing DaoC, but there are some real f*kwits as well :)

But something closer to home, anyone who intends getting to high levels of crafting is ultimately going to suffer the same way Kiarra has. To get high, you need to be successful, so you need to advertise, so you get lots of jobs, so more and more people message you. Inevitable result, messaging overload, in-game msg system starts failing for that person and gameplay and enjoyment suffers.

This endpoint is presumably in the future of each and every serious crafter unless we change the way that requests for work and enquiries are handled. This worries me cos ultimately I want to be the best tailor in Albion, but all that goes with it is kinda scary.

*plug* if any high level crafters wanna talk about this and possible solutions then either msg me in-game or mail me at barrysworld. There is imo scope to seriously improve the coordination within the crafting fraternity.

So Kiarra, take a break from it, go try being a sorc again - ho ho wot fun that is :) maybe we can come up with a way (see above plug) to simplify some of the things that perhaps have contributed to your current state of mind.

Anyway enough ramblings. This was only supposed to be a 'you get my vote Kiarra' msg so apologies for wasting a few minutes of everyones' lives (at least those of you that didn't just go 'oh, it's a badjelly post........<ignore> ) :)

BJ

T

Treson

BW is actually usefull ppl can express their feelings and then be cooler ingame :)

But keep the posts short, then endlong posts tend to get boring, Karam has atm the best posts :D

oh and to the subject, do and think what you like just enjoy the game :)

D

Danya

Having said this, in game i have encountered more people my age than say..... 30ish, maybe that's because they dont tell me their age or maybe because there aint that many and they have better things to do in their lives that play games. now i dont mean any disrespect to any people over the age of 25 who play because i suppose it is an acceptable hobby, however, if someone came up to you and asks "what do you do in your spare time?" dont you think you'd be a tad embarrassed to say "i play a game called Dark Age of Camelot" i know i would be, but it's ok for me to play as that's what people my age do, but i would say i play a fair amount, i only get to play at weekends but that's enough and yet i am only level 44, but yet i see people going around with 2 level 50s!!!! and RR7 or 8!!!! this to me shows an outragous overdose of sat behind a computer screen. I know some people will hate me for saying this but i have to say it. it's a bit sad don't ya think :(
I dunno, the majority of my guild is over 18... Also I have told people irl I play DAoC, it's not that uncommon (having said that I work for a games company so my viewpoint is not the norm - everyone I work with plays games lots. ;))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom