Kiarra is NO LONGER crafting weapons for Albion

O

old.Kiarra

Well, I have spent 6 months crafting and supplying weapons for you lot. Apart from a couple of friends no one else has lifted a finger to help.

And after seeing other players with their Infiltrator alts leeching xp at a tangler grp, I am so dissapointed and totally pissed off at the attitude of Albion players. :puke:

Flame me if you like, but this is it, NO MORE will I spend hours crafting 98 - 99% lvl 50 weapons for you. You are simply not worth the effort and the payment for these weapons does NOT justify the time spent to make them.

So thats it. I will craft for my close friends only and those who have helped me in the past.

O

old.Fangrim

I totally understand your frustration. 'nuff said.

A

Apathy

Too bad. Don't get me started on infs...

Of course, you realise noone will care that much because every inbred hick and his entire pig pen has an inf alt that they want leveled up as fast as possible.

"What? No uberweapons for the realm anymore? Big deal! I WANT LEVEL 28 NOW!!!"

a.

C

Chenuba

Sorry to hear

Didn't get to get the scimitar I've ordered at you. :(
I've not been in Lyonesse for more than 2 months, prefer to be close to castle sauvage so I can get fast into realm-defence if needed. But, you're right Kiarra. I've been asking my self many times why people XP in Lyonesse so much instead of going to our frontiers and do it and that way already be prepared to encounter any invading enemies.

S

Sabu

When the last patch arrived i thought "sabu is time for a new, weapon. Now people will know that quality is the most important and will go crazy for crafted weapons, so go for one before is too late"

I´m 1 handed but i ordered 2 weapons thinking about respec.
why i didn´t wait for next patch to order a 2 handed weapon?

Beacuse at last a crafter will be pissed off, dont ask me why, i knew it...

And if you think that lossing Relics is a sad new, loosing a crafter like Kiarra is a worst new :(

Btw Good Luck Kiarra and Thx.

R

Rei-Ki

good luck with <the merrymen> kiarra - hopefully you make some good friends and have some fun times ahead.

shame it had to end like this tho and shame on the albs that made you feel this way.

E

Exiled

:( one of the nicest crafters too (yes yes you too BadJelly) :(

B

bracken_woodman

I don't blame you Kiarra for your decision. Sadly, there are alot of selfish people in our realm who have no sense of community spirit and are only interested in there own xps/rps. I've never ordered a weapon from you, but as an old UO player (with gm smith, alchemist and so on), I've often admired from a distance the hours you put in to serve others. It's Albions loss.

K

Kagato.

Its a great shame, but really, that sort of stuff happens all the time, we have all had to deal with it and worse, you just havent seen it due to being tucked away in Cornwall Station all the time, and its ok to call down the people of Albion but do you really think its any different in midgard or hibernia ? I really doubt there so much better, all realms have there assholes and there good people. You just have to ignore it and move on and appreciate your friends all the more for it and be the better person.

M

Miffo

Im very sorry to hear that Kiarra but i dont blame you one bit...
Some of the attitude of albions is terrible and i will never forget u with my acranium axes u made for me :)

You have done a great service to Albion

S

Simius

No doubt I'm going to get flamed for this, but to be honest I have to get this out of my system. Is there a time when you don't moan about something Kiarra? Now I'm not disputing the fact that you have helped a lot of people, but every single time I have either read a post or seen you in game I have encountered nothing but bitching and moaning. You have a level 50 char and several others, yet every time I hear you talk about them you're near enough demanding to be power levelled. What makes you think that almost every other player has things any different? We would all love to have our alts power levelled but no-one has a god-given right to it. There are an awful lot of crafters out there who help people every day, yet I haven't heard them screaming about how bad they have it. And just because you sit in cornwall station almost all day every day, that still does not mean you own the spot as I have seen examples of on several occasions.

Now quitting full time business is your decision and I can see why you're doing it. Please don't take this as a personal attack, I know stress can do funny thing to a person, but please try to remember in future that Albion doesn't revolve around you :/

B

bf_kate

OoOOOOOooo

Are we supposed to care? Why are no other crafters on here whining? There are loads of other high level crafters who have never bitched and whined. For example Ody has levelled a SCOUT to 50 and has high level fletching - I don't think I ever saw him whining (about that anyhow ;) ). There are others. You chose to craft. No one made you. You chose not to join a guild for support. Albion is supposed to level your alt? lol... I spend 85% of my time in rvr rezzing and healing people not in my group. Damn! I bet I am entitled to at least 10 levels. Herbal has spent how much time and money repairing our relic doors? Damn…we better power level her alts before we get to you or me. What about Fin? He talks a lot, but he has also spent ages taking care of keep doors & trying to get people organized to take keeps. I think he comes before us too. Wow this list is getting long! Get off your high horse please. There are a lot of people who chose to do things for others in this game.

If the money you get paid doesn't justify your time then CHARGE MORE. If you want to be pl, then ask for the cost of the weapon plus a level or something. Don't come here whining and seeking attention. Don't come here asking people for orders and them treat them like shit if they dare contact you in game because they haven't power levelled you in game. It is a game. They pay you for a service. It is not Albion’s job to power level you. You need to wake up. Why can’t you play with your friends like the rest of us? Surely in 6 months you have made some friends? I don’t see what the big deal is. Play the game, have fun, stop whining.

By the way this isn't me having a go at crafters. I have no problem with helping crafters or paying them for the materials AND their time (their time being more precious in my mind). I just can't stand to see all these people kissing your ass because they want weapons. Well I am a cleric so I don't need a weapon (I doubt I am playing this game when spellcraft comes in so I doubt I ever need anything from you.)

I am saying what most people think, they are just too scared or can’t be bothered.

:flame: Bring on the flames from the ass-lickers. :flame:

A

Apathy

Marry me, Kate. Marry me and have my evil babies.

:wub:

a.

O

old.LandShark

I'm afraid I'm with Simius to an extent here; basically, what did you expect?
Sad to see it happen, but seriously, what would you rather people had done?
Expecting more than the odd exception (such as Kiarra), to aim their entire game-playing experience at helping the realm, is basically completely unrealistic. Human nature. Just didn't have a dog's chance of actually happening.

Anyhow, in reponse to the inf alt-zerg, you throw away 1000+ weaponcrafting skill. In response to the inf/shadowblade/nightshade alt zerg, every archer and minstrel throws away a specline and sits crying for respec.
I somehow don't see a lack of exp-group-friendly chars as being any reasonable grounds for complaint.
*shrug*
I can see that it might annoy me more if i'd levelled a rejuv cleric to 50 and simultaneously taken a crafted to Legendary Grandmaster - but, well....

edit: /agree @ Kate....

R

raven3

Re: OoOOOOOooo

Originally posted by bf_kate
Are we supposed to care? Why are no other crafters on here whining? There are loads of other high level crafters who have never bitched and whined. For example Ody has levelled a SCOUT to 50 and has high level fletching - I don't think I ever saw him whining (about that anyhow ;) ). There are others. You chose to craft. No one made you. You chose not to join a guild for support. Albion is supposed to level your alt? lol... I spend 85% of my time in rvr rezzing and healing people not in my group. Damn! I bet I am entitled to at least 10 levels. Herbal has spent how much time and money repairing our relic doors? Damn…we better power level her alts before we get to you or me. What about Fin? He talks a lot, but he has also spent ages taking care of keep doors & trying to get people organized to take keeps. I think he comes before us too. Wow this list is getting long! Get off your high horse please. There are a lot of people who chose to do things for others in this game.

If the money you get paid doesn't justify your time then CHARGE MORE. If you want to be pl, then ask for the cost of the weapon plus a level or something. Don't come here whining and seeking attention. Don't come here asking people for orders and them treat them like shit if they dare contact you in game because they haven't power levelled you in game. It is a game. They pay you for a service. It is not Albion’s job to power level you. You need to wake up. Why can’t you play with your friends like the rest of us? Surely in 6 months you have made some friends? I don’t see what the big deal is. Play the game, have fun, stop whining.

By the way this isn't me having a go at crafters. I have no problem with helping crafters or paying them for the materials AND their time (their time being more precious in my mind). I just can't stand to see all these people kissing your ass because they want weapons. Well I am a cleric so I don't need a weapon (I doubt I am playing this game when spellcraft comes in so I doubt I ever need anything from you.)

I am saying what most people think, they are just too scared or can’t be bothered.

Most of the time you are on the spot kate ! Same for this one !
Its time some more weaponcrafters are around the 'kiarra'-level... So she does not feel so 'ALLMIGHTY' anymore.

Just a matter of time ;)

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Shame to see a high lvl weapon crafter go, but I'm pretty sure you never got poor from crafting. I also guess you did enjoy it, as otherwise you would not have gotten so far...
People decide to play their characters as they please, and you deciding to lvl your crafting skills first, then lvl's later, does not mean that Albion ownes you anything.
It was not like you were allways willing to complete a trade, only when it would fit you. I tried picking up my weapon for 3 days for example.
So I have to agree with Kate's post a lot. I did not own you anything. I would not have gotten that weapon for free, so why should you get your lvl's for free? Kate rezzes me sometimes, Abelardus has to rez me the other times, yet they are not expecting anything more than a "thx".
So you should have been happy with a "thx" and the cash, and not started bitching cause there was no matter specced cabalist waiting to powerlvl you at the tanglers.
Regards, Glottis

O

old.Tyrn

Well, without meaning it, i believe Kiarra has helped Albion once again :)

Now the other crafters in the realm who didn't get much exposure before can have a chance to do their bit.

I fully understand Kiarra's long standing efforts for the realm, but what Kate says is perfectly true. We all play the game how we want to and get what fun we can from it.
I played as a tank (ed: boring !) and became an armourcrafter myself... (mindless plug : Tyrn is now up to 916+ armourcrafting). Yes I did bleed the Guild coffers dry of platinums (thanks LoD !!!!), but did I post messages complaining that I wasn't enjoying myself ? erm ... well, only on the private forums, hehe ;)

Kiarra : I have bumped into you a few times in the cornwall crafting mall and always respected you for the time and trouble you always showed for the realm. Keep it up please - just forget the idiot noobs/scouts whatever. Forget xping ... you're a crafter now hun :) no more lvls for you, sorry !. Make it your challenge to remain at the top of the crafters leaderboard.
Then take up armoursmithing :D

Happy Crafters R Us.

Y

-yoda-

i dont know kiarra or have had any weapons made by her BUT i have heard many people say that they have asked kiarra for a wepaon and she said no not untill you power lvl me a bit .

imo that sux . if people power lvl you you should maybe give them a weapon ? crafters charge gold for there wares and shouldnt expect everybody to rush around them . dont get me wrong i have the greatest respect for crafters who work so hard to get there crafting up . but there is a lot out there who do a lot of crafting also . and they dont expect power vlling + gold + other stuff for there efforts. . if i were a crafter "which im not yt cos im saving up for spellcrafting" only thing id expect from my customers is respect for the time ive put in to make there chars better due to the eq ive sold them and obviously the gold they pay for them . i would NEVER expect peple to power lvl me as an extra perk of the trade . "thats what guilds are for funding crafting and p/l if neccerssary" as i said above no offence and no disrespect but thats just how i see it and what ive heard.

S

Skaven

Kudos to kate.
I had to bite my tongue when I saw the thread from kiarra asking to be power lvl'd.
I can understand through Kiarra's eyes how she thinks she has done a "service to Albion" and how she feels screwed over. IMO you did a service to the people that bought the weapons from you and made a nice profit in return - which makes up for all the hard work you put in crafting.

S

Subbiz

/me sneaks in to albion to pick up some nice slash masterpieces :p

C

Cowled

Re: OoOOOOOooo

Originally posted by bf_kate

oh for god sake.
I've known Kiarra since .. what? .. hmm .. lvl 200 weapcraft? While i was lvl 25 with my cleric.

She is doing this for the helping of people.

That is not a suckup, i havn't ordered anything from Kiarra, cos i love my procc-thruster from DF. (I've actually procced 3x in a row vs. rocots :p)

And for god sake (again), stop sending requests for her, so she can chat with me.

C

Cowled

Oh, and Kiarra:

Pay some sorc or a enh-cleric to help you with lvling, or a theurgist/wizard with Earthbuffs.

No idea what u make out of crafting, but atleast you should have some.

S

Shrye

First off, lol @ the hypocrites - saying that everyone should go PL her, but of course that doesn't include themself =P

Why don't you just go play one of your two highbie chars instead, whiner (Kiarra)? I haven't made use of your services, and I really don't care about what you can provide either - you acted like a spoiled prat towards me yesterday morning (bet that's the reason for your post here) - pfah, I don't really care. At least it hopefully means that you won't be around abusing more people, just because they 1a) doesn't know you, nor 1b) really doesn't care wether you're the queen of sabbat or not, and 1c) can manage with dropped weapons instead - not like people haven't done that before, when your royal highness weren't around.

Originally posted by old.Kiarra
Flame me

... my pleassure! Not only I, but also those I've showed our in-game conversation, was utterly speechless - btw, you'll hardly be missed with that attitude. As someone said earlier, people have only sucked up to you, so that they could get their darn weapons. No wonder - looking forward to the new wave of weaponcrafters, some of them at least seems to be nice persons.

/rant

NB. I weren't shocked enough to forget taking screenshots, if you wish to trash talk me, Kiarra - so be my guest.

O

old.Kerosene

Bah... She sits for months levelling up crafting to provide weapons to Albion and I know for a fact she didn't charge a profit to you guys. The only profit she made was from tips.

Unfortunately only lvl 50's or thereabouts really have used Kiarra's skills so it's difficult for Kiarra to get groups as an inf (like most infs) but I'd have thought her name would get her into a group if nothing else but apparently not.

But, you can all do what you like, the only people I really look out for are close friends and guildies in Albion because I aint daft enough to get stressed over what anybody else thinks :)

Good luck with your xp'ing everybody..

C

Cowled

She got invited yesteday :)

My buffy was out lvling.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Too bad to hear that you've cut down on your WC activities.

I don't understand a few points though... maybe you can clarify them.

First of all, you see a few people leeching and automatically the whole realm consists of bastards and you refuse to help them?

Secondly, you have supplied weapons for a profit of your own choice, but you also expect people to 'pay' you in the form of powerleveling?

You've actively advertised yourself as Albion's main weaponsmith, naturally you get lots of requests and now you bail?

Have you ever considered alternatives to take the pressure off yourself? For example: i'm a 1075 armorer with 1075 metalworking and 1075 leatherworking. I can perfectly make an arcanium sabre blade and hilt. I just cant put them together. however the combining of the 2 parts takes maybe 2 mins.

The keyword here is: delegate. Yesterday a person in our (your) alliance (very nice person) expressed the desire for an arcanium sabre, but was reluctant to ask you due to your current 'mood'. So i made a few hilts and a blade for him and told him to kindly ask you to combine them.

There are 2 sides to the coin Kiarra. Now tell me this: we as the Fellowship alliance decided to embrace you in the alliance with your guild <independant> so you would have information regarding the state of the realm and give you an excellent opportunity to make friends with the other guilds in the alliance. I know the other guilds wanted to get to know you... and not because you make weapons but because you are an asset to your realm.

Now what you've done is take your main character out of the alliance (you joined a guild not in the alliance) without giving us a notification or discuss it with us. This leaves us in the dark... i even tried to contact you twice and got nothing in response.

Could you tell us in Fellowship how we should react to your flames on these boards saying you (and your guild, cos it's really 1 person) are basically sick of the realm.

And as far as those leechers go: never worry about them, those people will never get anywhere. They won't be invited to the bigger and more fun raids/hunts. They will never develop a nice position in a guild cos they will get kicked out. A bad rep is deadly for the lifespan of your characer. Most of those people are in their free month and just don't have a clue or give a damn. Don't let them poison your mind, they're just not worth the hassle.

Don't see this reply as a counter-flame Kiarra, it's not meant like that. Just a few thoughts for you to think about :)

X

xalibur

Give her a Break..

Cause if someone deserves a break it's Kiarra.

Facts:

She has been crafting for Albion for 6+ months and She plays 18 hours a day cause she is off sick and on crutches and never leave the house :(

And one level 50 Character in 6 Month proves that she is using her time crafting and farming green mobs with Kessica to fund Kiarra etc...and not having time to Leveling her alts.

Me myself has played for 1 Month and soon 2 weeks and i have a lvl 50 char. So give her a break ppl.

Xalibur lvl 50 Paladin "The Corporation"

Users who are viewing this thread