Kiarra is NO LONGER crafting weapons for Albion

L

-Lonewolf-

Just my 2p.

I have nothing but utmost respect for Kiarra, she was always a nice, pleasant person to talk to and always willing to help

Yes its a shame she has decided to stop crafting but then again her enjoyment and fun was being impacted and we can see why that would influence this.

All I have to say is I hope you have fun now without all those people pming and annoying you

And I have the weapons I need from her already so there is no hidden agenda I am just stating my experiences of her for the record

Peace to u all

B

Belsameth

/salute Kiarra. It's sad to see the current state of Albion makes us loose our best Weaponcrafter.

I hope you'll still be Roaming around Cornwall for when I want to bug you with another one of thsoe silly noob crafter questions ;)

crazymupped: the idea that an Arcanium Scimitar takes 2 minutes to combine is rather funny. combining Mithril Round Shield parts takes longer then that...

O

old.Fangrim

As far I know, Kiarra has asked people to help her lvl, when she was done crafting, and all the suck-ups said "of course!". Now Kiarra is trying to reclaim some of the favours, and people don't want to stick to their promises.

Isn't that what this is about? Of couse Kiarra isn't "special", she was just given some promises that people don't keep, and that's what she's anooyed about? Correct me if I'm wrong here.

I think Kiarra is a victim of her own success - she's such a successful weapon crafter, that she ended up being drowned in requests. Crafting eventually became a second priority, as Kiarra would like to experience the GAME, not just sitting in CWS combining metal for 12 hours a day. When she finally wanted to leave the crafting for a while, she found out that this game is played by people, and as such people treated her as they would IRL - by pretending never to have promised anything when someone comes asking for the help they were promised in the first place.

I remember a thread where Kiarra was asking for people to help her, and there was no end to the goodwill of people. Where are they now?

B

bf_kate

damn I talk a lot

@ cowled - I didn't say Kiarra hasn't crafted to help others, read my post again. I said that many people have done things to help Albion (crafters, leaders, the little fairies who repair the relic doors late into the night) and they don't come whining for power leveling and rvr groups and etc. It is a choice. I am glad you are helping Kiarra because you are her friend and not because she had done stuff for you.

@ Kerosene - Kiarra is your friend? Lvl 50 Theug? Hello? Also, Kiarra may not have charged a profit but I don't think she has gotten poor while crafting. See the threads about wanting 2 bowmaster bracers and price not being a problem? I have NO problem with crafters having money at all, but please don't cry poor at me.
LVL 50s almost all have alts at Kiarra’s level so I don't buy that. Why can't she play with her friends like everyone else? Am I missing something?

@xaliber - Kiarra has a level 50 and several mid level alts. She is not the only crafter in Albion. She is not the only person who does things for the realm - the other people just do what they do quietly and don’t come here looking for adoration and attention. They do it because they want to and not for any payback. I find it odd that someone proclaims themself to be doing it for the realm and then expects something in return. To get something in return is nice, but not to be expected. I have no problem with Kiarra getting a break. I do have a problem with her throwing a fit because she isn't the centre of the Albion universe.

@Fangrim – I understand the annoyance of people promising to help her and then not doing so, however her attitude to people who haven’t promised anything, people who simply bought a weapon or placed an order is ridiculous.

@Sub – You came to Albion and you didn’t visit me? :( I thought we had something special :wub:

I will say it again. I don’t understand why Kiarra can’t just play with her friends (like cowled) and enjoy the game. I don’t understand why a 36 hour marathon of powerleveling is needed when people have paid for their weapons.

U

Uriron

Just a thought...If we have to pay for weapons lets form a powerlevel group who charge for powerleveling ?

Kiarra must have enough in the bank to pay for a few levels by now :)

Shame to lose you Kiarra but we all chose to invest that time in leveling not crafting, we dont demand power trade crafting so I'm afraid you cant demand powerleveling.

Find a good guild I'm sure that wont be a problem with your tradecraft skills..

O

old.Odysseus

Urion,
I have a level 45 theurg, how much would it cost me to place her in your PL-group (afk ofcourse) and have her hit level 50?

A

Apathy

Of course, Albion DESPERATELY needs more power-leveled infiltrators. There simply aren't enough of them around.

And once she gets to lvl 50, she can run around in Emain solo and demand that every cleric in the place immediately rezzes and buffs every ten seconds ("Hey! I made your aunt's dog a sword! Your ass bel0ngs to me!") .

~strokes chin~

She worked hard to get her crafting up. Why shy away from the work involved in leveling? At least that could be described as "fun", rather than monotonous click click clicking.

a.

F

flibodob

All she's done for albion

Well, you also have to remember that she also lvl'd 2 alts at other crafts, 900+ tailor, whatever fletcher

prolly an armorer that i don't know about as well, instead of doing this on her second account maybe she could have joined some groups and got some lvl's then.

At the end of the day everyone will have their own opinion of Kiarra / kessica / altalot, and thats as it should be - think of her whatever you want.

It doesn't take anything to get your craft lvls really high , plenty of programs on the market to do it for you (yes i know, you think thats a bad way to do it, but really is it any worse than powerlevelling someone who then won't know how to play their character in rvr ? )daoccraft, keyboard emulators, guarenteed to raise your lvls by the morning.

U

Uriron

Originally posted by old.Odysseus
Urion,
I have a level 45 theurg, how much would it cost me to place her in your PL-group (afk ofcourse) and have her hit level 50?

LOL read my sig mate :) Just an idea mate, how about you send me your account details and ill send u mine so u can afk my chars while i use yours to powerlvl :)

Hey maight be a good way of raising guild money tho in future?

B

bf_kate

Originally posted by old.Odysseus
Urion,

Isn't this just standard leveling for a bt Theurg? I don't think it costs anything, don't let them rip you off! ^^

O

old.Kerosene

Re: damn I talk a lot

Originally posted by bf_kate
[B@ Kerosene - Kiarra is your friend? Lvl 50 Theug? Hello? Also, Kiarra may not have charged a profit but I don't think she has gotten poor while crafting. See the threads about wanting 2 bowmaster bracers and price not being a problem? I have NO problem with crafters having money at all, but please don't cry poor at me.
LVL 50s almost all have alts at Kiarra’s level so I don't buy that. Why can't she play with her friends like everyone else? Am I missing something?
[/B]

Aye.. she's not poor from crafting because of donations but what I'm saying is she didn't say x price + 30%, she said 'any donation is gratefully received'. I have used her with other chars so I know and I challenge anyone to say she's doing it for the money. She did it for Albion and as far as I can see Fangrim hit the nail on the head, she asked people to help her level when she was crafting for them. Them same people now don't want to know.

Damn. You've made me all opinionated now. I hate having an opinion on other people in computer games. Only 2 things I hate in DAoC and that's...

MIDDIES!!!!
HIPPIES!!!!

Kill 'em all.

R

Rei-Ki

Originally posted by Shrye
No wonder - looking forward to the new wave of weaponcrafters, some of them at least seems to be nice persons.

thats harsh man

L

Legaoniel_v

kiarra

OOOooooo boy, don't know what I can add to this thread, but in my limited dealings with Kiarra I've always found her to
be one of the nicest people I've encountered ingame (apart from my own guild of course, hehe).

If you're reading this Kiarra in my guise of legaoniel 46 cleric just pm me and I'm available to give you a hand out if required.

For this (and this is the getout clause guys), I expect absolutely nothing in return.

F

Feac_

my alts have used kiarra's services in the past and she was always polite and friendly, as for not charging a profit lmao i got charged 50% profit on my bits :D but i didnt mind i wanted the quality and was willing to pay for it.

As for the PL that imo was silly you should have known what the outcome would have been there is a lot of nice and friendly people in this game that will help others without a second thought but if you start demanding things most people dont like it, remeber how you felt when people where demanding from you all the time it pissed you off.

:( sad to see you stop

O

old.Wildfire

1) Yes, well done for spending the time crafting
2) No, there's no need to throw a tantrum, you dont see me saying 'omg fkin alb scum i hate them! i hate them! i hate them! im never organising another relic raid for them ever again!'

The situation is the same for all of us, and you're not helping.

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
2) No, there's no need to throw a tantrum, you dont see me saying 'omg fkin alb scum i hate them! i hate them! i hate them! im never organising another relic raid for them ever again!'
Oh, please, no more relic raids. :)

O

old.Ramas

If levelling 35-50 (I notice goblins were mentioned in the origial post) wasn't such a depressing, boring, royal pain in the ass you'd probably catch people in a better mood.

Sort of agree with what Kate wrote, but at the same time I can quite understand any one going off on one while trying to do the 35-50 run.

Not sure what 'help' was missing. But personally I find few people who aren't willing to offer advice or chuck a rez in the direction of a dead body and a buff in the direction of a live one and so on. 'Help' in the sense of standing around for umpteen hours to powerlevel someone is a bit different (if that is what you meant?), there are too many demands on people's time and gold to realistically ask non-guildmates for that kind of help, and espeicially if it's an alt of someone who already had a 50. I'm afraid no crafted weapon is worth a even a few hours of standing watching an alt of someone not even in guild level 20% faster. Frankly, even RL is more interesting then powerlevelling.

Not sure about this 'leeching' stuff either. In all the time I've played this game I've come across exactly 1 unauthorised leecher, it was a scout, in the keltoi antroom, we were level 24ish, the scout was level 17, the scout died before long. But perhaps I've just been lucky.

On the other hand, if you don't want to craft, don't craft. From what I gather on the number of orders you are getting in game, I doubt you are short on cash, and you've done everything a crafter is capable of, why shouldn't you try something different?

/shrug

Who knows maybe this post was really just a subtle ruse to stop any more orders coming in. ;)

O

old.Second

just a question... why does "the merry men" accept women? It kind of loose its glory when you see a woman with a merry men tagg on her:p maby thats why people call them "the married men"?

edit: it wasnt ment to flame kiarra:p just the guild hehe.

K

Kagato.

Give her a break

For gods sake people give the woman a break, isn't it obvious she is just angry ? Is there any of you who havent at some stage been pissed off to hell with someone in your realm leeching, kill stealing or otherwise being an asshole ?
She wants to take a break from crafting and level a character who has been 13 for 6 months, she wants to do it fast so she can get back to her crafting commitments, people still want Arc weapons fast so they nag her and she gives them the option of power-levelling her faster so she can get back to crafting, is there really any harm in it? She said before she wants to get to XX level (can't remember what level exactly) before carrying on crafting, if you want the weapons faster help her level. And as for the complaint about another PL'd Infiltrator, Kiarra is and has been an Infiltrator for 6 months long before the recent surge in them.

But this is besides the point still, point is Kiarra is trying to level fast, doing tanglers which can get you frustrated at the best of times and theres some infiltrator leeching and pissing her off tremendously because she wants to level fast and get back to her crafting, and sooner or later she explodes, loses her temper and posts this thread, and now your all flaming her, now just think for a minute here, she has posted whilst angry and upset, we have all done that before. I doubt theres many of you who havent posted or made a thread straight after an upsetting incident which you have later regretted, I know I have done it before and im sure alot of you have too. So give her a break, let her cool down and quit it with the character assassination, she doesn't deserve it, I have known her since she first started weapon crafting and know her to be a kind and lovely person, and theres alot of people who have known her even longer and feel the same.

This isn't an ass-licking post as someone before so nicely put it, I already have my weapons from Kiarra and incidently she gave me my Netherium Partizan(99%) for free as a friend, despite my protests, and gave me a free retry on my Arcanium version later, asking nothing in return, so don't give me that about holding people to ransom over weapons.

N

Negura`

rofl @ people here...... everyone who is saying "she has the right to ask to be power leveld" WHY NOT DO IT YOURSELF? or is it just ok for her to ask other peeps?

@Kate :wub:

O

old.Wildfire

For gods sake people give the woman a break, isn't it obvious she is just angry ? Is there any of you who havent at some stage been pissed off to hell with someone in your realm leeching, kill stealing or otherwise being an asshole ?

If you recall I got very angry at Black Falcons... and got flamed to the ground for it. Fair do's, I deserved it. Why should Kiarra get any different treatment? Because she's a woman?

O

old.Fangrim

OMG - don't bring a person's sex into this!

I don't care if she's a woman IRL or not. Why is this an issue?

O

old.chipper

it shouldnt be an issue at all kiarra has decided to stop crafting for albion her choice; alot of people are gonna be upset by this but so what ? its not like shes the only crafter, might be the highest, but not the only 1
i think its a bit harsh telling people you can no longer have weapons cos you pissed me off thats like a cleric telling an armsman im not gonna rez you cos youre not in my guild. you choose your path you should be prepared to follow it
but then again its only a game and games are supposed to be fun so you also do what you feel is fun
btw read summat about been expected to be powerlvled lol NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

anyway not a flame as such more a see both sides of it post good luck in what you decide to do kiarra hope u have fun lvling your inf

sub you will never have kate treniel has got more chance than you :p

O

old.Kiarra

Have I ever asked "Please Powerlevel me?" NO, thats not my style. I DONT EXPECT TO BE POWERLEVELLED, I am not that presumptious, neither do I suffer illusions of grandeur. Unlike some in the game. Read http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=33767&referrerid=18507

If some of you had actually bothered to read to any other posts, you would have realised that all I was after was the oppurtunity to be able to group with some of you and make life a little easier and more fun, rather than just slogging it out solo. Infils have a bad time getting into groups.

How many offers have there been ? A few, and some have posted too here., WHERE ARE YOU NOW ? Read http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=33495&referrerid=18507

Build a Trebuchet you said, uber XP you said. OMFG! Can I carry the parts to actually make one on site? FFS Use your heads and actually think about what HAS been suggested. Help is what I was after.

Well over 6 months of crafting....

Many hours spent waiting for people to show to collect their orders. People arriving with not enough gold nd having to get an alt from Camelot and taking half an hour, while I stand there waiting.....

Getting ganked going to Excalibur for materials many times, and wasting more time going back for more materials.......

Letting you "Pay me later when you have the gold"....

Getting Spammed everytime I log with questions, demands, whines, etc....

If you only had a small idea of the pure hell it has been sometimes.. Read post http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=31663&referrerid=18507

I have also mentioned to many to support Wasch, Mishy, Achilles, Coaxmetal, to mention a few of the other weapon crafters, to take the heat off me.

Read the posts if you can actually be bothered.

And as far as the outstanding collections go... There will be a sale in Camelot, those not sold will be given away in due course. I need the vault space... Bah... Now you can wait for the other crafters to get there.....

I will get to 50, solo all the way if I have to, I have the hours spare. Sitting around all day with nothing to do and housebound means I can play (and have done crafting for a long time...) 18 hours a day....

O

old.FIN

Yay, so them Kiarra =)

as u all know c something than couple of other albs have also saw, most of albs just thinks their own ass, and own benefits, sad but true, and then when it comes to steam little out, here is good place.

and u, albs, bitching to kiarra for something, well here u can c the effects, if the meter comes full, my meter is full sometimes, then some albs suffer, but hey, albs made that to happen so i think they deserve it!!

P.S. couple peeps wanted to make a bet, after we had some peeps retaking boldiam, that is some1 gonna take those keeps back, if we dont, i said im not interesting make bets what i will loose, and look, the keeps still r on enemys hand, if i could solo them , i would take them, but i cant solo.

and all what i hear now a days is "i gotta get fast to lvl 50, and the guy is 30...or i need my RR3, and has 1K RP's" XP / RP comes when u play the game, if u look 24/7 your XP / RP bar, it really dont move, and u r stressed about it.

and when 1.52 or was it 1.53 when keep guards drops gold, do u money hungry peeps camp keeps???
after 2-3 hour peep gathering u r going to retake f.ex renaris, and u c 5 guys killing guards and saying get the f...k out of here, this is our camping spot ........like peeps yell to each other at tanglers ....

=)

Z

Zag Barr

Same old story. It's the way all people go, who spend a lot of their online time to do something for the realm or their guild.

There is only so much effort you can put into it, hoping things will get better, and it isn't. There is only so many let downs and disencouragments one can take. Why continue to go through the trouble, if nothing changes and all their troubles were to no avail?

Finaly those people snap. If everyone else is just being selfish and having fun without caring about our community, then they will just do the same. They leave their guilds, their realm, stop organizing stuff or (in this case) stop crafting.

Many good people have been lost this way and the realm is loosing with each one of them.

Worst thing is, it's a catch 22. The end of the process is, no one caring for anything else but themselves anymore.

And we are not far from this point. We have no community, no leaders - only a bunch of opportunists trying to make the best for themselves

All you hear nowadays is: Albs suck - and it's true. We suck because we don't stand up for each others, because we don't work together and are so easily disencouraged with about pretty much anything.

I wish there was a way out of it - like bring all those people that care together, so we could encourage each others and hopefully make a difference in the end ...

I just know that not organizing events, not crafting or not caring any more is the wrong way to go. People won't learn - you won't teach them a lesson. You are just hurting the ones who do care.

J

Jiggs

You play 18 hours a day?? omg i am not surprised you get pissed off!!

ps i more or less agree with what Zagg says above :p

T

thorwyntf

After reading all those posts here and in the linked threads, my POV on this entire issue has changed. I never actually met you Kiarra, so don´t take this personal. It´s just reflecting an outsiders point of view, based upon the facts.
You´re running a business. You spend months and tons of gold raising your crafting skills up to an astronomical height and now, everyone wants your weapons. And everyone is willing to pay for them and you´re making a profit from every weapon. Nothing wrong with that.
You´re complaining about getting spammed with requests, whines, complains, questions. That´s part of your job.
You´re complaining you´re getting ganked on your way to Excalibur. That´s part of your job.
You´re complaining about people taking long to come and collect their orders. That´s part of your job.
You´re complaining about "I´m gonna pay you when I have the money" customers. Well.. either accept or refuse them.. that´s part of your job.
I agree, that all this is a pain and you feel the need of a break sometimes. But hey.. you chose it that way. IMHO, the concept of "I`m doing all this for Albion" is nonsense. I`m levelling my chars for Albion, I`m farming gold to be able to buy weapons ... for Albion. Everyone can claim that he´s supporting Albion somehow. Your part certainly has more influence on Albion than other people´s part. But still, noone asked you to go that way. It´s your business.
Now comes the part that I`m unable to understand. You´re expecting people to powerlevel you (and serveral people said they would.. where are they now?). I know you said you don´t expect it, but planning 36 hour tangler sessions with rotating groups is nothing else but powerlevelling. Call it "making my life easier and more fun" or whatever, doesn´t make a difference. :)
Why? As you pointed out, you´re in the position to be able to play 18 hours a day b/c you´re homebound (which, of course, is really sad and I feel sorry for you). Why not do it like 90% of all other people on Albion then: go out, try find a group and level? Infils are hard to level, that´s true. But it can´t be harder than getting a crafting skill to 1000+.
There are people here, who´re not able to play for hours every day. I have to work 8 hours a day and can only play a couple hours in the evening or weekend. I can´t even find a group most of the time before I have to log again. But I´d never expect people to spend their time levelling me. Not from my guild and most certainly not from outside my guild.
As I said, this is nothing personal so don´t be offended. I`m just reflecting what I see and maybe give you something to think about. Take it or leave it. :)

Cheers
Thorwyn

GM
<Blade&Quill>
45 Pally
35 Scout

O

old.shotgunstow

Thorwyn I think you are an exception to most albs and many gamers alike. Reason: You are willing to give it all but ask nothing in return.

High praise to you mate

Daws

O

old.shotgunstow

Replying to the actual topic at hand, Kiarra:

You have done an amazing amount of service for albion and no one could expect more of anyone really. You do deserve many thanks. :clap:

Daws

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom