Is this what society has come to?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
All kids know the biological parentage of their parents - they can point a finger and say "it was you".

Whether they call them mum, dad, teapot or penguin on a birth certificate - it doesn't matter. I don't recognise my mum by my birth certificate. Do you?

I've no idea what this person wants - but let them have it eh? It's a crappy meaningless piece of paper that, despite what @dysfunction says isn't "historically useful" - I'd argue it's more historically useful if someone identifies as penguin on a birth certificate because you then immediately understand something about a parent of a child more than the minimum biological necessity.

Meh. I did have a long post to type about this, mainly in response to @Wij - but it does really boil down to it doesn't fucking matter. Let the loonies (if it is, indeed, monty-python loonie (I don't care either way if it is or it isn't - I've yet to see massive harm)) identify how they feel on a few beauracratic documents.

If they love their kids, that's 90% of what matters. Way better than having a fucked up alcoholic "mother" who knows where her twat is and gets it "right" on a certificate - but doesn't give a fuck about her kids.
That's not true. There are plenty of people who can't point at their father or mother as they might not be around any more. The documentation is independent of their presence or otherwise, that's the point.

Whether you like it or not, knowing who your actual biological parents are is important, and sometimes its life or death.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
That's not true. There are plenty of people who can't point at their father or mother as they might not be around any more. The documentation is independent of their presence or otherwise, that's the point.

Whether you like it or not, knowing who your actual biological parents are is important, and sometimes its life or death.
Some diseases can only be inherited from the biological father or mother. If that record is bollox...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
FH Subscriber
Ah.
The lefts inevitable cannabalism is starting to sprout.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Ah.
The lefts inevitable cannabalism is starting to sprout.

?

She quit.

That's all.

Unless you're now saying that Guardian employees aren't allowed to express their opinion on something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom