Is this what society has come to?

Embattle

FH is my second home
I don't think many people ignore the negative aspects of leaders, like others have said it is a balancing act.

Personally my own bug bear is the habit of people to apply modern standards, ethics, etc to historical figures.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I don't think many people ignore the negative aspects of leaders, like others have said it is a balancing act.

Personally my own bug bear is the habit of people to apply modern standards, ethics, etc to historical figures.

"The past is a foreign country, they do things differently there, as LP Hartley famously wrote in The Go-Between".
From an Article I read a few days ago.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
And today will be the past very quickly.

Im looking at you, you tattooed idiots.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And today will be the past very quickly.

Im looking at you, you tattooed idiots.
I've never met anyone who's regretted their tats. They overwhelmingly seem to love them and couldn't give the slightest fuck about what other people think about them.

So, if fashion in the future is to not get tattoos (which I doubt, I think they're prevalent presicely because there's a lot less social stigma attached to having them (apart from a bunch of small-minded intransigent assholes who are easily ignored)) so people feel more free to do what they like with their bodies) - then these people still won't give the merest monkey.

But you hang on to your hate m8. Other than the existence of tattoos upsetting you it's having zero effect. So at least there's a silver lining there :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
All my immediate family members have tattoos although only 1 or 2, personally I don't have any and I've no real issue with them until someone has so many they look like a broken etch a sketch.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I know people who no longer like individual tats, but not people who wished they've never had it done at all.

Yes they regret having them done at all but have too many ie their entire arms to have them removed.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
All their tats, or just a few (like the name of their first wife?

All of them. Mostly women, but a remember lads I used to play football with who had loads of tats and how surprised I was when they said they regretted ever having any. I'd kind of assumed if you had multiple tattoos then regretting the idea was an oxymoron; turns out I was wrong.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ah well. Turns out job really can laugh at unfortunate people who've made mistakes then. Weird things that float his boats eh...

Job

We are hardly talking about occasional tatters..its now a mass psychosis and in 10 years time will be the leading reason for poor mental health.
You have to have a pretty weak mind to wake up and decide todays the day to have the obligatory full sleeve.
There must be a fucking assembly line in some tat shops.

Er lots of squiggles, maybe a woman in a shroud..a clock, a horned dog and a forest.

Nothing too edgy mate....Dont want to stick out.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
'What is the thing that's really damaging society today?'

'Tattoos'

Fuck off.

Job

ibIIJxU.png

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Pretending you ride a bike... that's right up your street.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And don't say woke, it makes you look like a prick.

Job

You call everything racist and Im a prick for woke.

Job

You've misread the review...and taken that snippet out of context.
So you fail again
No I havent have I.

A rewrite in which the Russians send a woman and the US responds...except the female superheroes have to juggle the laundry and getting the kids to school ..throw in token black person and the straight white male showing his aggression at being denied glory.

Woke

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom