Is this what society has come to?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The wife and I went for a bike ride on the beach next to us yesterday.

I have never in my life seen anything like it, it was like ghettoed Britain on display, you went through the crowds like going on a themed ride.
Hundreds of full burkha women, all the men in full traditional dress, then a gap and you entered the Orthodox jew area, followed by the Eastern European quarter, then the Indian area.
We cycled for two miles and didnt hear a single English word until we bumped into a posh Yorkshire family.

Id say the BH turnout was a good 80% not english speaking immigrant, the car parks were rammed with polish/hungarian/romanian reg plates and hundreds of Uber taxis.

The weirdest sight was the muslim men standing in the sea in groups while the full burka women stood watching holding briefcases?

There is no mixing of cultures whatsoever in this country, in fact the lines of distrust are being dug deeper with the car parks exactly matching the divisions on the beach.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Ofc you stopped to have a chat with them @Job

Nah, of course you didn't, you called them scum or something similar and wondered why they wouldn't integrate.

Job

Oh..so now its my fault for not talking to them.

Gwadien

I'm saying how can you expect them to integrate when there's hostility towards them.

Job

Im not making it up and,Ill bleedin film it next BH.

Its quite the talk of the town if only for the spectacle of other cultures dressing up for a BH on the beach.

Ive been trying to find if anyone took any pictures...for obvious reasons bo one has posted any on facebook

Gwadien

'Quite the talk of the town'

As if you talk to anyone outside your racist mates at the pub.

Job

'Quite the talk of the town'

As if you talk to anyone outside your racist mates at the pub.
Its hardly going to go unoticed in a town and area that is 95% white, when thousands of immigrants descend on the town and proceed to show off the extremes of their culture....though I will say the Indians are almost entirely westernised, no Saris on the beach.

But yes , youre right, talking about it is racist.

Gwadien

Its hardly going to go unoticed in a town and area that is 95% white, when thousands of immigrants descend on the town and proceed to show off the extremes of their culture....though I will say the Indians are almost entirely westernised, no Saris on the beach.

But yes , youre right, talking about it is racist.

'westernised'

Reminds me of the 19th century, they're not savages, they're westernised!

'extremes of their culture' so do you think they thought we're gonna go to the beach to parade our extreme culture and we want people to notice. Or do you think they thought I fancy going to the beach today, I sure hope there's no pond life that will point and laugh at us for the clothes we wear.

Gwadien

I am curious though, in your ideal world, would you force me to wear particular clothes or do I get free choice because I am master race?

Job

Im stating they are westernised.

No doubt all the cultures there are or are going to be westernised, but on the day it seemed to be wear your best for the muslims and jews.

You are the reactive left in a nutshell, to even observe is to judge.
I think you all need some therapy...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Good to see the topic of this thread has been thoroughly derailed by @Job's xenophobia. One prejudice at a time please people!

Job

'westernised'

Reminds me of the 19th century, they're not savages, they're westernised!

'extremes of their culture' so do you think they thought we're gonna go to the beach to parade our extreme culture and we want people to notice. Or do you think they thought I fancy going to the beach today, I sure hope there's no pond life that will point and laugh at us for the clothes we wear.
Orthodox jews and burkhas are the extremes of both religions...even in their own countries.
Seeing as less than 0.5% of muslim women wear burkhas, having the vast majority of them on a beach wearing them says someone is trying to make a point.

Last edited:

Gwadien

Orthodox jews and burkhas are the extremes of both religions...even in their own countries.
Seeing as less than 0.5% of muslim women wear burkhas, having the vast majority of them on a beach wearing them says someone is trying to make a point.

Less than 0.5% of Muslim women wear burkhas?

Pahahagahahahaha

Job

Actually in the West its more like 0.05%

Gwadien

Even though you're putting random numbers down...

Don't you see the hypocrisy that you're getting pissy because I'm calling you racist (not necessarily just because of this, but because of all your previous posts).

Yet you're the one who wants to control what people can and can't wear?

Freedoms for whites, everyone else has to follow an allowed list of clothes.

DaGaffer

Don't you see the hypocrisy that you're getting pissy because I'm calling you racist (not necessarily just because of this, but because of all your previous posts).

Hmm, on the one hand, @Job is a xenophobic dickhole, but on the other please don't defend burkha-wearing; its objectively antithetical to our views on equality (and no I don't buy into the argument that it's their own choice; for the vast majority that's bollocks and you know it, brainwashing isn't a choice).

Gwadien

Hmm, on the one hand, @Job is a xenophobic dickhole, but on the other please don't defend burkha-wearing; its objectively antithetical to our views on equality (and no I don't buy into the argument that it's their own choice; for the vast majority that's bollocks and you know it, brainwashing isn't a choice).

I think everyone should wear what they want.

Sure it contradicts our views on equality, but I don't think it's the place of a country to tell people what they can and can't wear especially when you're targeting one specific group in society, because it's too easy for the Muslim men that we want to liberalise to say 'Look at these white people, they want you to get naked so they can rape you' and then it makes the men's control over women so much easier.

I think lots of women do wear them as their 'choice', and they are able to make that choice, but all their information comes from their own community and the Koran.

As someone who lives in a heavy Muslim community, I can say for sure that burqa wearing does decline down the generations although headscarves remain.

Although I have no evidence for it, I theorise that lots of women in countries that have banned the burqa simply don't leave the house, because if they go outside they'll instantly get raped.

I'd rather let the 'issue' be ignored and let it run through on its own, rather than bringing lots of attention, having lots of racist men sitting on their bikes pointing and laughing at burqa-cladded women and somehow expecting them to change. But Job doesn't want them changed, he wants them gone.

DaGaffer

I think everyone should wear what they want.

Sure it contradicts our views on equality, but I don't think it's the place of a country to tell people what they can and can't wear especially when you're targeting one specific group in society, because it's too easy for the Muslim men that we want to liberalise to say 'Look at these white people, they want you to get naked so they can rape you' and then it makes the men's control over women so much easier.

I think lots of women do wear them as their 'choice', and they are able to make that choice, but all their information comes from their own community and the Koran.

As someone who lives in a heavy Muslim community, I can say for sure that burqa wearing does decline down the generations although headscarves remain.

Although I have no evidence for it, I theorise that lots of women in countries that have banned the burqa simply don't leave the house, because if they go outside they'll instantly get raped.

I'd rather let the 'issue' be ignored and let it run through on its own, rather than bringing lots of attention, having lots of racist men sitting on their bikes pointing and laughing at burqa-cladded women and somehow expecting them to change. But Job doesn't want them changed, he wants them gone.

Nah, seeing someone's face when you're interacting with them is pretty basic and there's nothing in the Koran that requires the burkha so on grounds of public safety alone it has no place in society. There is such a thing as "the common good" and worrying that if you don't let women live in a mobile tent they'll simply stay at home shouldn't trump that.

I actually think that as a society we should articulate "rules for the functioning of a civil society", with a clear line that if you don't like it, don't come here, or expect compulsion. I'd throw things like compulsory vaccination in there as well. Its actually one of the few positives Brexit could give. Everyone having individual rights and beliefs is fine, but they can't be at the expense of everyone else.

Gwadien

'public safety'

How many crimes have been committed by someone wearing a burqa? Surely we should be banning hooded clothes and Nuns headscarves whilst we're at it?

I'm not saying that I'm worried that the women will stay at home, I'm saying I'm worried that the women will stay at home and see it as normal and have generation after generation of girls staying at home because the men told them that the white people want to rape them. Rather than exposing them to the reality of a western society and realising the men were chatting shit and rebelling against it.

I do find it funny that the Muslims get all this stick for made up 'public safety' whilst Sikhs walk around carrying fucking swords.

DaGaffer

'public safety'

How many crimes have been committed by someone wearing a burqa? Surely we should be banning hooded clothes and Nuns headscarves whilst we're at it?

I'm not saying that I'm worried that the women will stay at home, I'm saying I'm worried that the women will stay at home and see it as normal and have generation after generation of girls staying at home because the men told them that the white people want to rape them. Rather than exposing them to the reality of a western society and realising the men were chatting shit and rebelling against it.

I do find it funny that the Muslims get all this stick for made up 'public safety' whilst Sikhs walk around carrying fucking swords.

Paris attacks a few years ago, and there have been burkha robberies. Hooded clothes and nuns, you can still see faces, which is the point. I have zero issues with the hijab, just the covering of the face.

“The men” who want burkhas are telling women all sorts of shit anyway, why give them a free pass to take that shit public? Why not let them have Saudi-style guardianship while you’re at it?

I wouldn’t allow Sikhs to run around with swords either, but there are existing laws to cover that (breach of the peace)

Job

We are trying to integrate muslims, wearing a burkha or being forced to wear one just says.

We are different, we reject your values and even hide our women from you.

The frickin thing is banned across many muslim countries, they make their wives wear it for one single reason....fuck you

Job

Actually thats all you can do the range of guesses is from 1% to 0.001 %, no ones counting and everyones too afraid to ask.

Embattle

FH is my second home
'public safety'

While rare about 15 years ago while I was working in a PC World a computer vanished from one of the endcaps, we had to trawl through the CCTV footage and eventually found that someone wearing a Burqa had stolen it by somehow concealing it under the Burqa.

Personally I'm in two minds about them, firstly I share some of the same thoughts as Dagaffer but then I'm also concerned about dictating what people can and can't wear.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
While rare about 15 years ago while I was working in a PC World a computer vanished from one of the endcaps, we had to trawl through the CCTV footage and eventually found that someone wearing a Burqa had stolen it by somehow concealing it under the Burqa.

Personally I'm in two minds about them, firstly I share some of the same thoughts as Dagaffer but then I'm also concerned about dictating what people can and can't wear.
Nobody is saying muslims can't be criminals (or women for that matter). Lots of crime is committed in PC World by non-muslims who conceal their theft by other means. The burkha is immaterial here tbh.

I dislike it too - and wish people wouldn't wear them. But Gaff is wrong - legislation is the incorrect way to deal with them. Ridicule is the order of the day. Publicly.

But in this touchy-feely anti-free-speech world the first serious standup who has a pop at the burkha is going to get shot by the press. The right-wing press will twist it into a reason for pressing for legislation (and justification for subtle and not-so subtle racism) and the left wing press will call them racist and want to prosecute for hate-crime.

So what happens is that they choose other topics. - they've a living to make, after all.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Nobody is saying muslims can't be criminals (or women for that matter). Lots of crime is committed in PC World by non-muslims who conceal their theft by other means. The burkha is immaterial here tbh.

I dislike it too - and wish people wouldn't wear them. But Gaff is wrong - legislation is the incorrect way to deal with them. Ridicule is the order of the day. Publicly.

But in this touchy-feely anti-free-speech world the first serious standup who has a pop at the burkha is going to get shot by the press. The right-wing press will twist it into a reason for pressing for legislation (and justification for subtle and not-so subtle racism) and the left wing press will call them racist and want to prosecute for hate-crime.

So what happens is that they choose other topics. - they've a living to make, after all.

No it isn't immaterial to what was stated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom