Is it so hard to let mains get xp?

F

feidra

As the question says, how the hell is someone expected to level to 50 on this server without having:
a. a zillion accounts so you can solo your way to 50
b. be a leech of a level 50
c. be part of the guild of the day at the fins (so you can basially go ahead of everyone).

No wonder hib frontier is undefended all the time, with all the leeches driving the real players off the server!

U

uncle_sal

Be a pbaoe, manamenta, druid or bard... and have some patience... exping was actually lot harder when server had just opened.

T

Tyka

Originally posted by uncle_sal
Be a pbaoe, manamenta, druid or bard... and have some patience... exping was actually lot harder when server had just opened.

yeah especially when a certain enchanter was going to lead a group into cursed forest for the first time, 10 times harder and 10 times more fun :)

P

-palan-

je, be happy u never met the real saladbar :p

J

justintime

Actually XPing (a tank) is much harder than it used to be. Classes needed for foucs pulling are easy however. Will be interesting to see what happens post focus nerf.

R

Ravenbourne

Originally posted by justintime
Actually XPing (a tank) is much harder than it used to be. Classes needed for foucs pulling are easy however. Will be interesting to see what happens post focus nerf.

A lot of retards will struggle to exp and hopefully leave the game

P

pez

hib pve is fubar, i don't think anyone is denying that, or atleast they shouldn't

V

VodkaFairy

If you can't get groups in hib you're just lazy.

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by justintime

Cant be that hard. There`s 2 tanks sat on there ass leeching at fins this very moment. And no there not leech's of lvl 50`s.

But i guess if they wanna do that fair enough. just means the rest of the group has to suffer because they lack certain class's.

What makes it even worse though is when said tank/s are group leaders and list holders who purposly skip people on the list just so there guild buffbot can join.

There are people who have been waiting as the apparent number 1, Druid/Chanter/Eld etc for hours and ive sat and watched people from a certain guild (not naming and shame`n) group, ding and leave.

That no matter how you see it is selfish.

But then i guess that comes from having all the kids off school.

Can't wait for em to all f**k off back there.

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by pez
but no one wants a light chanter :(

Well you just confirmed my post, make groups instead of beg to join one.

E

enli

A. You're lazy and expect grp invites (u are one of xx on the list)
B. You show no initiative and don't go tru the trouble of gathering peepz for an exping grp
C. You play a totally gimped char
D. You're having bad luck (like fins occupied as usual, no grps at warshades or fomorians,....)

nothing goes easy in the realm with less people then the other 2
i've done a lot solo with my void eld but i've seen the whole of hib
even my bro (a mana-chanter) doesn't always have a grp

P

pez

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
Well you just confirmed my post, make groups instead of beg to join one.

i don't have a light chanter and i don't actually play hib/excal anyway but i still say that hib pve is ruined by focus pulling. its much easier to do the 4fin thing with a lvl 50 and alt than lvl the alt the normal way.

i play prydwen where due to the lower population having people lvl there alts in that way has a huge effect on people trying to level their alts the normal way

i also think that necros have a similar but much smaller effect, i play alb excal so it would take a hell of alot to dent that population at any level

X

Ximadir

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Son
SOLO! I did.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Son's sig
LEVEL 50 - with 56 days and 10 hours /played. [/B]

lvl 50: 2 day 2 hour rr8: 47 day 12 hours :p

S

smolf

Originally posted by old.Emma
Cant be that hard. There`s 2 tanks sat on there ass leeching at fins this very moment. And no there not leech's of lvl 50`s.

But i guess if they wanna do that fair enough. just means the rest of the group has to suffer because they lack certain class's.

What makes it even worse though is when said tank/s are group leaders and list holders who purposly skip people on the list just so there guild buffbot can join.

There are people who have been waiting as the apparent number 1, Druid/Chanter/Eld etc for hours and ive sat and watched people from a certain guild (not naming and shame`n) group, ding and leave.

That no matter how you see it is selfish.

But then i guess that comes from having all the kids off school.

Can't wait for em to all f**k off back there.

Hmm wonder who that is ? :whip:

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by pez
i don't have a light chanter and i don't actually play hib/excal anyway but i still say that hib pve is ruined by focus pulling. its much easier to do the 4fin thing with a lvl 50 and alt than lvl the alt the normal way.

i play prydwen where due to the lower population having people lvl there alts in that way has a huge effect on people trying to level their alts the normal way

i also think that necros have a similar but much smaller effect, i play alb excal so it would take a hell of alot to dent that population at any level

It's easy enough to find people to make a group with, but only if you really try and not click 'lfg' and expect to get a group sooner or later.

Sure it might be harder, but far from impossible. End of story :p

B

boni_ofdavoid

Its easy to level 50, easy peasy peasy weasy.

Once upon a time there where no spellcrafted items.
Long long ago, there was no darkness falls.
It took more exp to level to 50.
You couldnt group with people higher or your exp got nerfed!
There was no MCL for casters, no RA's for anyone.
Being 50 meant something.
And no one had a clue what focus pulling was about (shouts of 'omg kill the pet its STEALING all our exp!').

Kids these days have it easy... omfg my characters has /played 5 hrs and im not lvl 50 yet! <sigh>

W

wyleia

The best xp is TS by far... And no i dont mean the easy groups you do with focus outside... INSIDE the dungeon and not with any pets in tow... get 2-3 pbaoe and bard, druid warden and some tanks (by tanks i mean ppl with hte taunt style) and do it the old fashioned way.. was easy to go 40-50 there with my first hib char... never even started to focus pull til i attempted to try to pl some alts of mine afteri got 50.

make your own group and quit the whine about people who dont let you into their groups cuz they got guildmates (heaven forbid they want their guildamtes to level up before some random ppl) or are powerleveling alts.. dont bother to join those grps if it bothers you :) and as for fins.. zzzzz.. well from what ive heard, never actually done them..

E

evial

I have played this game from beta 2 and geting a tank to lvl 50 now is alot harder then it was befor. And even making own grps is alot harder cous of peps are used to fast xp not waiting like i did in innis. I have been told, when focus is nerfed pet pullers need to wait longer to start pbasing. So noting is changed for tanks. I have a ranger whos lvl 46 and as most rangers hi has soloed alot, but at lvl 46 its wery slow. I have tried making a few grps but with no luck so far. When i go to fins spot i usualy see
2-3 mana chanters lvl 50s, a few healers and low lvls geting pled. Last time i asked for grp at fins i was asked if i hade a lvl 50 to play whit and i could let my ranger leetch. So the number 1 xp spot in hib as been corupted by lvl 50s.

E

elerand

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
If you can't get groups in hib you're just lazy.

Hahahahahahahahhahahahhaha..../em wipes tear from eye...hahahahahahahahah...ok velly funny :D

E

elerand

Ok seriously (getting past my personal joke with VF there), why do people want lvl 50 like yesterday?

My first two were a Hero and BM, 28 days a piece when you got bitched at "are you taunting????" everytime an eld died. Healers seemed to be a little more relaxed than those trigger happy dmg dealers :p

I've been duoing an enchanter, /level 20, grp with the gf/s ment and currently I'm at 39 with slightly less than 3 days played, that's certainly very acceptable!

Solo, duo or getting together some mates to xp in ways that are not totally conventional can be as fun and equally rewarding as a balanced FG, so maybe you end up with a few more /played days but what the hell, meet some nice people, laugh at the assholes and have a good time :)

VF is right, make your own grps or at least try to be on at the same time as others, I've done a fair bit of casual gaming with the same people on and of and you end up with people who usually know what they are doing too.

V

VodkaFairy

lol, well I also had the problem with the restriction don't forget that :p

Besides it was ages ago, every time after merc/vf dinged 50 and I tried to make an exp group it went really fast. I learned u know :p

O

old.Talivar

pfft sonny u powerleved!!
lv50 70days play- rr8 160+days play :)

E

elerand

Originally posted by old.Talivar
pfft sonny u powerleved!!
lv50 70days play- rr8 160+days play :)

Stop stalking me already :mgwhore2:

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
Its easy to level 50, easy peasy peasy weasy.

Once upon a time there where no spellcrafted items.
Long long ago, there was no darkness falls.
It took more exp to level to 50.
You couldnt group with people higher or your exp got nerfed!
There was no MCL for casters, no RA's for anyone.
Being 50 meant something.
And no one had a clue what focus pulling was about (shouts of 'omg kill the pet its STEALING all our exp!').

Kids these days have it easy... omfg my characters has /played 5 hrs and im not lvl 50 yet! <sigh>

Feeling nostalgic boni? :)

Users who are viewing this thread