we: "tali, get lv50 ffs!"
tali: "ok, gonna ding 50 by soloing these pookas by innis"

something like that ;dd

btw, giv credit to the end bot.

A

Amadon

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
lol, well I also had the problem with the restriction don't forget that :p

Besides it was ages ago, every time after merc/vf dinged 50 and I tried to make an exp group it went really fast. I learned u know :p
you also whined about lack of groups more than anyone i know :p

D

drummer

playing since release and dinged my first char 50 this summer , all the natural way

i r proud

J

jaapi

Originally posted by feidra
As the question says, how the hell is someone expected to level to 50 on this server without having:
a. a zillion accounts so you can solo your way to 50
b. be a leech of a level 50
c. be part of the guild of the day at the fins (so you can basially go ahead of everyone).
Answer to that is: Roll an enchantment chanter and do it solo. By far the best solo exping character in Hibernia.

K

Kallio

Re: Re: Is it so hard to let mains get xp?

Originally posted by jaapi
Answer to that is: Roll an enchantment chanter and do it solo. By far the best solo exping character in Hibernia.

errr... Me not understand?

D

drummer

Re: Re: Re: Is it so hard to let mains get xp?

Originally posted by Kallio

Roll a summoning SM and solo you're way too 50. By far the bestway to XP in Midgard.

Better Mr.Troool?

J

jaapi

Originally posted by Kallio
Maybe that's why you should stick to Midgard forum. :)

Z

Ziva

I have an idea for you to get groups, get a nice piccie of a hot female, say it's you and get asked in groups everywhere!!!

*smiles to some poster in this topic*

On a more serious note, i think groups will be back after the focuspull nerf and i'm glad to see that happen cause it's very boring to level by doing focuspulls unless you are with a group of nice people :)

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by Ziva
I have an idea for you to get groups, get a nice piccie of a hot female, say it's you and get asked in groups everywhere!!!

*smiles to some poster in this topic*

On a more serious note, i think groups will be back after the focuspull nerf and i'm glad to see that happen cause it's very boring to level by doing focuspulls unless you are with a group of nice people :)

Mod baiting isn't allowed, so why is something similar allowed for you? :p

Don't talk about stuff you don't know anything about, please, you don't know how far things go.

thx

Z

Ziva

Mod baiting isn't allowed, so why is something similar allowed for you? :p

Just because i'm also a mod doesn't mean i can't post my thoughts and yes, mod baiting isn't allowed but if you wanna flame me for my post then go ahead.

I don't know any details nor do i need to know but i do have my own thoughts about how you got some chars (maybe not all of them) to 50 so that's why i think you saying someone is too lazy to make groups is funny.

V

VodkaFairy

Just because i'm also a mod doesn't mean i can't post my thoughts and yes, mod baiting isn't allowed but if you wanna flame me for my post then go ahead.

I don't know any details nor do i need to know but i do have my own thoughts about how you got some chars (maybe not all of them) to 50 so that's why i think you saying someone is too lazy to make groups is funny.

Erm no, flaming isn't allowed is it? I can't post my thoughts about specific issues, because they will be deleted or locked. So you shouldn't either.

And "not needing to know" but posting crap like that is just silly. The only pl I got is something like a level (at ~43) (max), in my entire daoc career. I leveled the other 49.2 on my own, and leveled my bard to 50 without any "help" at all fyi.

And I make groups often with my other characters, it's very doable if you just give it a try. Hence my reply that not getting groups is because you're lazy. Now stfu about things you dont know anything about, k?

J

justintime

I know a lot of you lot think it's easy to get xp groups, and if you are playing one of these chars it's not too bad (mana chanter, druid, mana ment / bard, mana eld). Many other classes are *much* harder to level. I've encountered a lot of people playing support characters who only want to heal a pet.

Trying to get a worthwhile xp group of 8 togeher is very difficult, mainly since the population in hib is quite low. However a lot of duos work rather well. I've had decent success with:

champ + bard
champ + ment
ranger + ment
ranger + vw
animist + ment
animist + bard
animist + animist
mana chanter + bard
mana chanter + druid
mana chanter + mana chanter

Some of those are particularly effective (creep animist + mana ment, champ + ment)

E

elerand

I've known VF for a long time, we've fought and argued on and off for a number of reasons, however I do think VF is able to do now what they couldn't before, which is make the effort.

Hearsay is a biatch, I've chosen to ignore what happened here and put behind me what I thought was the truth, no real damage done to me anyway!

So stick to the guys post and stop arguing you two before I have to tax my exhausted brain and think of something really harsh to say :p

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by elerand
I've known VF for a long time, we've fought and argued on and off for a number of reasons, however I do think VF is able to do now what they couldn't before, which is make the effort.

Hearsay is a biatch, I've chosen to ignore what happened here and put behind me what I thought was the truth, no real damage done to me anyway!

So stick to the guys post and stop arguing you two before I have to tax my exhausted brain and think of something really harsh to say :p

Don't forget I listened to your endless whining all the time, so it aint like I just begged for pl :p

And yes I'd listen again ;)

E

elerand

Don't forget I listened to your endless whining all the time, so it aint like I just begged for pl :p

And yes I'd listen again ;)

RL trumps lvl wajns :p

Thank god real life gave my playing times a damn good nerf lol

Still, duoed enchanter+ment to almost 40 in 3 days played so far, eaaaaaaasy street!

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by elerand
RL trumps lvl wajns :p

Thank god real life gave my playing times a damn good nerf lol

Still, duoed enchanter+ment to almost 40 in 3 days played so far, eaaaaaaasy street!

1 day 8 hours on my friends eld I helped to level a bit, lvl 37 currently :p

O

old.Talivar

Tbh i had more fun trying to rvr at under lv50 than i do now :) Those where the days :)

I

inuyasha

Re: Re: Is it so hard to let mains get xp?

Originally posted by jaapi

assume its a joke, but to make sure everyone know:

Enchantment enchanters is the fourth worst soloer in hib, after bard, warden and ment-menta :p

E

elerand

Originally posted by inuyasha

Enchantment enchanters is the fourth worst soloer in hib, after bard, warden and ment-menta :p

Having fun with 22 mana 33 enchants atm, grping with a ment+BB outside grp.

Respecced at 40 and so far, less downtime, more mobs pulled although a little slower to kill it seems faster overall than before.

I

inuyasha

Spoke about soloer, with ment bot... try light!

Nothing beats a light chanter solo on trees with a ment bot :p

And enchantment is a waste, full mana gives better shield and pba, goes faster to kill, use less mana since they die faster. Healing the pet cost more, but just get a ench focus staff for all your healing needs, and its ok. Light is the better solo spec for enchanters though, belive me ^^

And...
NEVER try full enchantment, god damn it sucks, solo, teams and rvr ^^

W

WiZe^

Originally posted by feidra
As the question says, how the hell is someone expected to level to 50 on this server without having:
a. a zillion accounts so you can solo your way to 50
b. be a leech of a level 50
c. be part of the guild of the day at the fins (so you can basially go ahead of everyone).

No wonder hib frontier is undefended all the time, with all the leeches driving the real players off the server!

We have the same prob in mid/exc only fucktwits PL:ing in Lair :(
so DF is almost tha only place...

E

elerand

Spoke about soloer, with ment bot... try light!

Nothing beats a light chanter solo on trees with a ment bot :p

And enchantment is a waste, full mana gives better shield and pba, goes faster to kill, use less mana since they die faster. Healing the pet cost more, but just get a ench focus staff for all your healing needs, and its ok. Light is the better solo spec for enchanters though, belive me ^^

And...
NEVER try full enchantment, god damn it sucks, solo, teams and rvr ^^

In two years playing this is my first enchanter but in a duo using PBAOE to finish mobs off I usually find ends up costing more mana after resists and so on. I let FS do all the work. Use about 20-30% mana pulling 6-8 orange/reds, mr4 and mcl keeps me basically full all the time. Even the ment I xp with doesn't have to use baseline heal often and that's with the first heal proc buff which isn't anywhere as good as the 2nd, not sure I'll spec past 44 enchants though!

Healing the pet was my main worry, since respeccing to 22 mana/33 enchants our downtime has decreased and the number of orange/red cons we can pull has increased.

My BB is 35 nurt only since she isn't supposed to be a buffbot but an rvr druid! With FS nerf inc my main concern was to do with a duo and healing aggro when pulling too many reds/purps.

I'm trying to find a good balance on spec, so 44 enchants, 22 mana/light looks like it might be my final spec, this is primarily a farming character but I think I can get it so that she does well in hadrians wall.

It's been a lot of fun to play, although things may look different once I get a few more lvls and the lvl 22 FS starts to look a bit weak, but I'll have a respec next patch if it sucks :D

I

inuyasha

"I'm trying to find a good balance on spec, so 44 enchants, 22 mana/light looks like it might be my final spec, this is primarily a farming character but I think I can get it so that she does well in hadrians wall."

This is one gimped chanter :p

What do you want light for first of all?

And if its a farming char which does main damage on FS, why dont you get more mana?
And if the FS is getting nerfed... you planning to farm with mostly enchantment? Enchantment is bullcrap, belive me =) I have leveled more then 130 levels of chanters solo if not more ^^
Not meaning to be rude or something, but a pharming char is supposed to kill mobs right?

That chanter cant kill anything within a reasonable time! You'll end up as a damage-add bot at bled ^^

E

elerand

"I'm trying to find a good balance on spec, so 44 enchants, 22 mana/light looks like it might be my final spec, this is primarily a farming character but I think I can get it so that she does well in hadrians wall."

This is one gimped chanter :p

What do you want light for first of all?

And if its a farming char which does main damage on FS, why dont you get more mana?
And if the FS is getting nerfed... you planning to farm with mostly enchantment? Enchantment is bullcrap, belive me =) I have leveled more then 130 levels of chanters solo if not more ^^
Not meaning to be rude or something, but a pharming char is supposed to kill mobs right?

That chanter cant kill anything within a reasonable time! You'll end up as a damage-add bot at bled ^^

Depends what you kill, purps no, but with FS nerf you think that high con mobs are going to be doable with FS once a heal lands and the mob aggros the healer? Unless you only use HOT (and that requires not pulling too many mobs or the need to heal increases) FS is less of an option and PBAOE/tank grps are back in fashion.

I made 6.8 bub in under two hours tonight at lvl 40, which is pretty fast for a two man team imo. I have no downtime, I can pull more mobs than before, so what if I do only red/orange cons, they die faster anyway and the xp is just as good and with the FS nerf coming I can do it with basically no fear of aggro, even solo and still with not much downtime.

I do think it's a valid spec, at least for me it's working well, better than when I had full mana, certainly I'm lvling quicker :)

J

jaapi

Just because you don't know something doesn't make it true. I had full enchantments up to 40, final spec is ench 44, mana 31.

While leveling to 40 i was pulling high orange mobs with no downtime (reds were ok too but since they give same or less exp, there's no point), and that counts as a good solo character. Crappy in groups, but i only talked about soloing, so try one before making an ass out of yourself.

With 44/31 i can team up with just a bard and pull very high mobs at the moment, cos i don't need druid buffs for pet.

Enchantment specced chanter can solo purp mobs even without focus shield, so i urge you to try first and judge afterwards.

J

jaapi

And enchantment is a waste, full mana gives better shield and pba, goes faster to kill, use less mana since they die faster.
Please, try one... uses FAR less mana than manachanter. Kills slower but downtime is just so much less it makes up for it.

When you speak from experience, then i might believe you, but obviously you don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom