Is that wrong to overcap the speed of left hand weapon (hard question)

K

kastenko

Hi all. I have an hard question.
Want to know for a celtic dual speced. My right hand is speed of 3,6 and left hand 2,2.

When i'm buffed the left hand is quicker than the cap (1,5 spd).

If his real speed is 1,2 but the cap is at 1,5. =>I loose 1/5 of dps ?
Or the right hand is quicker cause of that ? Or what's happen.

Plse say me that. I'm hesitating about wich weapon to choose in left hand :).

K

kastenko

Yeh i saw that :
Note: The Dual Wield Swing Speed shows the haste effect one gets when wielding weapons of different speeds. This effect will only take place when the dual wielder swings both weapons at the same time. The chance to do this:

Actual DW = 25+(DW skill * .68)+(dual ref. lvl * 3)

Ok so only right hand is caped to 1,5 and the average between right hand + left hand /2 is caped to 1,5.

With that i can say. My char hit ennemy with the speed of right hand. And when i hit with both sword, the speed is the average of the 2 swords.
I hope, i understood well ;)

O

old.Reno

The swingspeed for your left hand is also capped at 1.5 s.
Note that while styling you always swing your right hand, and sometimes your left as well. In this siuation you do not loose any dps, but instead make a big gain due to the haste effect of the averaged swing speeds
However should you fight a lot unstyled, and thus have combat rounds in which only the lefthand swings, you'll loose some dps on spd capped left hand swings.
If you always use styles, get the fastest offhand you can get.
If you fight a lot not using styles, get an offhand that doesn't quite reach the swing speed cap.

Danita

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom