Is it really worth playing DAoC anymore?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Mxn said:
The games fine. just need all the whiners who think the game is dead too fo :>

Its more dead than a rottening corpse.

I recall the first day of the cluster, maaan that was crazy. Me and a few people took a tower in midgard, was a hlid tower near blend t4. 1 minute after we killed the Tower captain, 3 - 4 full groups at least, OMGWTFZerged us down like nothing.

But now, if i flame a tower, all i get is some boooored shadowblade / random roleplayer ak.a Bradlex in the morning coming to the rescue.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
DavidH said:
This thread has amused me so much. Started out with me saying I quit, and that I don't like the state of the game atm.
Normally, people who quit the game can do so on friendly terms, thanking people they have played with as well as against, and overall coming to terms with an ended episode of their life.

You, on the other hand, seem to feel the need to bring others down as well when leaving, probably in a vain attempt to fend off the addiction you have been nursing for the last few years. And then you wonder why you get flamed?

This game is what you put into it, always has been. Some of us still like what get out. Some others don't. It's safe to say that this game is old, and on its way out. But for some of us, it still is far from dead.

Bye bye, good luck fighting the addiction.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Belomar said:
Normally, people who quit the game can do so on friendly terms, thanking people they have played with as well as against, and overall coming to terms with an ended episode of their life.

You, on the other hand, seem to feel the need to bring others down as well when leaving, probably in a vain attempt to fend off the addiction you have been nursing for the last few years. And then you wonder why you get flamed?

This game is what you put into it, always has been. Some of us still like what get out. Some others don't. It's safe to say that this game is old, and on its way out. But for some of us, it still is far from dead.

Bye bye, good luck fighting the addiction.

/rep.

Dave will be back in 2 weeks anyway :D

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Its still a fun game.

No need to rubbish it just because you are leaving. If it makes the parting more final, then great. But really its unnecessary.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
SkarIronfist said:
No need to rubbish it just because you are leaving. If it makes the parting more final, then great. But really its unnecessary.
Please, do explain.
All I'm doing for the last pages are simply giving silly sarcastic remarks because 90% of the posters in this thread has totally misunderstood the meaning of it. :)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
DavidH said:
Please, do explain.
All I'm doing for the last pages are simply giving silly sarcastic remarks because 90% of the posters in this thread has totally misunderstood the meaning of it. :)

If 90% of the people misunderstood the meaning of it, then that's your fault for not communicating properly, not theirs for misunderstanding!

If the meaning of it is to make yourself sound like a bitter twit then your communicating that just fine however.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Golena said:
If 90% of the people misunderstood the meaning of it, then that's your fault for not communicating properly, not theirs for misunderstanding!

If the meaning of it is to make yourself sound like a bitter twit then your communicating that just fine however.
No one gives a flying fuck what you think anyway.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
DavidH said:
Like you won't? xD

First time i quit it was for ~5/6 months.

Second time i quit for ~8 months.

No, actually i won't be back after subs run out :)

Dorimor1

Banned
It's best to leave and say the things you have always wanted to say than leave without being noticed.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Vladamir said:
First time i quit it was for ~5/6 months.

Second time i quit for ~8 months.

No, actually i won't be back after subs run out :)
Three times a charm etc? :p

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Hey, what's that?

Ahh, it's the thread going slightly off the road :D

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Better leave unnoticed, so you can sneak in again when the time feels right ;)

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Kinag said:
Hey, what's that?

Ahh, it's the thread going slightly off the road :D
This thread went completely off the road after the first post xD

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
The game is great imo at least. I'm actually looking forward to finish with switzerland (work related, not holidays :( )at the end of the month and ding rr7 on shade and druid.

Lethul

FH is my second home
not dead, im looking forward to my next GG when im back at home :)

robertlomax

Fledgling Freddie
i wonder why ppl feel the need to try and tarnish stuff with thier negative point of view when things change for them, its not just this game but happens in RL whinning and moaning to.

if your going to leave ? then fecking leave!!!! if your going to stay then do so but ffs stop trying to influence ppl on the fence to leave with you cos you dont wana play anymore! so you start saying "DOOM ON DAOC THE END IS NIGH" shit

no one can say when the game will end yet with language id packs almost released and maybe a big advertising spread from EA ( taken from hints on their us web site ) and if all else fails more server clustering till only the last really die hard ppl from all over the world play, daoc has loads of life in it yet!!! but maybe just not for you and some other whinners!!! but hey takes all sorts to make a server i guess.

ohh and btw hib and mid suck... but albs know that anyway.. yes coldbeard thats you mostly.

Everz

FH is my second home
The game aint the same, the fun has gone for me, i cant be bothered to play because of crap rvr, cba to make a new toon cos xping is slugish and boring..

Freeshards are fun, instant 50, always action, no probs getting decent armours.. much more fun then live will ever be these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom