Is it really worth playing DAoC anymore?

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Kinetix said:
Im pretty sure he was at least lvl 30 when SI was launched since i started 1 week after it was at Europe. Think his main char is Mytsharp
Indeed. :)

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
rvr is fine the way it is. i am a fan of 8vs8 fights but getting wiped by a zerg is business as usual. i am astonished that people are still complaining about that.
ofc, irvr is teh shite for lots of people, especially soloers. but in my opinion, a soloer shouldn´t seek his luck at bridges near the porterkeeps of an irvr zone. these are the intersection for all 3 realms and its always a matter of minutes, when a group is rushing over him. same for fg´s.
instances would suck big time and i would probably quit playing daoc. the fact that i can´t control what is happening next when running in an enemy realm area is actually the thrill...
an instance system for rvr would fuck this expirience up.

wait for the summer to be gone. more people will show up and it is getting more interesting as it already is...my opinion.

auroria

Banned
Collateral said:
rvr is fine the way it is. i am a fan of 8vs8 fights but getting wiped by a zerg is business as usual. i am astonished that people are still complaining about that.
funny your grp keep adding on fg vs fg not even near chokepoints though

Kinetix said:
Im pretty sure he was at least lvl 30 when SI was launched since i started 1 week after it was at Europe. Think his main char is Mytsharp

That cleric wiped the floor with my merc on the leveling scale when i was trying to get to 50! :(

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
That cleric wiped the floor with my merc on the leveling scale when i was trying to get to 50! :(

well until a year ago i remember you were complaining that your merc was gimp :D <3

Well maybe im a old school but dam i miss some of the ppl that played this game, Trystam, Medea, Darklis, Myste, Shree, Cigolin etc shame they left

DavidH

Part of the furniture
I had mad leveling skills!

Kinetix said:
well until a year ago i remember you were complaining that your merc was gimp :D <3

Nah that was 2 year ago at the start of ToA when i was running around in all 90% chain oceanus rogs cause they looked the shizz xD

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Nah that was 2 year ago at the start of ToA when i was running around in all 90% chain oceanus rogs cause they looked the shizz xD
Good times :D

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
auroria said:
funny your grp keep adding on fg vs fg not even near chokepoints though

Oo
ok, when there is a fight directly near the keep, we passed by and a member of our group got mezzed...yes, we added on that one.
when there is a zerg about to wipe another group big time...yes, we may add, cause we know that zergs tend to kill everything due to being in a bloodrush.

to say we add on everything in sight is fucking ridiculous. i remember your group fucking us up from behind, while we were fighting incoming albs near the legionaire spot at the beno tower.

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
DavidH said:
You'd be surprised how many people who don't.
Numerous times I've been yelled at for being a quitter and so on for quitting a group due to dinner, friends coming over etc.

well i can understand those ppl, just think of it from the other side
ppl cancel own rl stuff to play an evening with their set group. there is a reason why its called "set" group. everyone in group knows that the group is gonna play that evening in advance. now some1 comes up with "oh soz meights my friend just came over i´m gonna log and go bbq with him byebye". now you have 7 ppl that all canceled RL stuff to be there at the time your group has agreed on days before. at current game state it can take quiet a while to find a proper replacement. so, now those 7 ppl stand at the border keep doing nothing than getting bored to death for god knows how long to find a replacement for you while you having fun at bbq. now how nice is that?

tbh i can understand groups kicking you for that very well. i´d do exactly the same.

and that has nothing to do with value the game higher than RL it has to do with agreements you do and their is no difference between agreements in RL or ingame.

if you dont have this dedication for whatever reason, might be cuz you go out in the evenings alot or cuz of GF or cuz of whatever reason rly then simply dont join set groups and run in pug´s the few evenings you play. alot less fun sure but also alot less responsability and you wont fuck up things for other ppl.

thats just my opinion tho

auroria

Banned
Collateral said:
Oo
ok, when there is a fight directly near the keep, we passed by and a member of our group got mezzed...yes, we added on that one.
when there is a zerg about to wipe another group big time...yes, we may add, cause we know that zergs tend to kill everything due to being in a bloodrush.

to say we add on everything in sight is fucking ridiculous. i remember your group fucking us up from behind, while we were fighting incoming albs near the legionaire spot at the beno tower.
my group can fight a zerg, and often kill them/get away, when a full mid set grp jumps in the fight it tend to get abit harder, so just fo already. And no i havent added on your fight if you were 1 fg mids vs same amount or more albs, unless you recently adding on a fg vs fg

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
daoc_xianghua said:
well i can understand those ppl, just think of it from the other side
ppl cancel own rl stuff to play an evening with their set group. there is a reason why its called "set" group. everyone in group knows that the group is gonna play that evening in advance. now some1 comes up with "oh soz meights my friend just came over i´m gonna log and go bbq with him byebye". now you have 7 ppl that all canceled RL stuff to be there at the time your group has agreed on days before. at current game state it can take quiet a while to find a proper replacement. so, now those 7 ppl stand at the border keep doing nothing than getting bored to death for god knows how long to find a replacement for you while you having fun at bbq. now how nice is that?

tbh i can understand groups kicking you for that very well. i´d do exactly the same.

and that has nothing to do with value the game higher than RL it has to do with agreements you do and their is no difference between agreements in RL or ingame.

if you dont have this dedication for whatever reason, might be cuz you go out in the evenings alot or cuz of GF or cuz of whatever reason rly then simply dont join set groups and run in pug´s the few evenings you play. alot less fun sure but also alot less responsability and you wont fuck up things for other ppl.

thats just my opinion tho

Well i got to agree with you, its not really a matter to what is more important if RL or game, its more the commitment you put on the other 7ppl of a group.

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
auroria said:
my group can fight a zerg, and often kill them/get away, when a full mid set grp jumps in the fight it tend to get abit harder, so just fo already. And no i havent added on your fight if you were 1 fg mids vs same amount or more albs, unless you recently adding on a fg vs fg

"tend to be harder" - such self confidence...
haven´t seen a group out in the last days/weeks, who could have survived an add from another set gg.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
"Is it worth to RVR?"

That question hasn't changed in the last four years, and neither has the answer. You don't play to prove anything. You play DAOC because it's a pleasant way to spend your free time. It's amusement.

If it entertains you, it is doing what it was designed for. That's all there is to it. If it doesn't entertain you, you need to find another hobby - no different now that it was four years ago.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Tesla Monkor said:
"Is it worth to RVR?"

That question hasn't changed in the last four years, and neither has the answer. You don't play to prove anything. You play DAOC because it's a pleasant way to spend your free time. It's amusement.

If it entertains you, it is doing what it was designed for. That's all there is to it. If it doesn't entertain you, you need to find another hobby - no different now that it was four years ago.
Finally a reply without whine, and one that actually makes sense :)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Kinetix said:
he´s been playing almost since beta and i do recal he said he gives more importance to RL. oh and you think he has many chars? lol i have 12 lvl 50 chars and Tosen and his mother have like almost 32 lvl 50 chars so?
He have never played since beta
Me, my RL brother Tiac and my other RL friend Dvl played since beta! David began right after SI came out, where he created his first character a runemaster! I also remember us talking about our first characters where he said that the RM was his! (got him level 11 or so before he went pryd/alb).

More importance to RL? Hmm, that goes the other way around aswell! I'm not saying I've been better, but times when we were gonna take something to eat, he could tell me that the ML raid started at that or that point, or a AC PL group started at that point! And had to be home before that.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Chosen said:
He have never played since beta
Me, my RL brother Tiac and my other RL friend Dvl played since beta! David began right after SI came out, where he created his first character a runemaster! I also remember us talking about our first characters where he said that the RM was his! (got him level 11 or so before he went pryd/alb).
Correct, my RM was my first character ever. =) I did however stay at mid/exc for a while longer. Also made a hunter that I got to 20ish as well.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
But whatever that is being said in this thread! He is still a good friend of mine! And he is gonna buy me some food now, and for that! Big love to David;P

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Chosen said:
But whatever that is being said in this thread! He is still a good friend of mine! And he is gonna buy me some food now, and for that! Big love to David;P
Btw, I know this guy who doesn't have his drivers licence.. I can't remember his name though :(

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Pfft, shut up! I know I'm slow, but well... I'll take it when I have time xD

Smellysox

One of Freddy's beloved
DavidH said:
I just realised today how tired I am with the game, but for some reason I still stick around. But the last couple of days I've just felt that I almost got more fun out of making some new toons on freeshard, just to check them out. That sais a lot.

I mean, lets look at how DAoC is now.. This is pretty much what every day look like:

6 AM: Custodia Malacitana has captured <insert relic keep>
7 AM: Power relic of Hibernia has been removed bla bla..
9 AM: Hibs wants revenge, and invades alb.
10 AM: <Insert hib guild> has claimed Caer Erasleigh
11 AM: Mids are hungry for some easy rps, and decides to join in!
Noon: <Insert mid guild> has claimed Caer Berkstead
1 PM: IRvR is back!
2 PM Albs zerg outside beno. Horner is with his DI bot in the closest tower to the bridge. About 10 heretics are perma rezzing monsters, which run up to the bridge and tries to kill the animists who are shrooming up.
6 PM: The first GG's are out, finally trying to get some decent 8vs8 action, and fails. Over and over again, they will either get zerged, and log. Or.. they will farm everything in sight, including soloers and just make up an excuse that they are "only" rr9, so they need RPS.
9 PM: Soloers are starting to log simply because they've been zerged all day, or they just cba with this piece of shit RvR anymore. Runs off to FH to make a thread about how GOA should start advertising the game again etc.
11 PM: The server is pretty much dead. Pryd/Excal cluster has 300 players online, on a time which they used to peak easy 3000~ 2-3 years ago.
[Rince/Repeat]

Now, the question is.. is this just me, or is our beloved game soon gone?

This is me, signing out. 4 Accounts closed. About 20 50s retired.
Its your body telling you what the fuck im i really doing here ? i know its happening to me also my fab friend :D

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Smellysox said:
Its your body telling you what the fuck im i really doing here ? i know its happening to me also my fab friend :D
You were always my favorite paladin. I feel so safe while bodyguarded by thou!

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Because so many people says so many different things about when he really started playing.

Not that it really matters anyway as it has nothing to do with the thread at all ^^

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Kinag said:
Because so many people says so many different things about when he really started playing.

Not that it really matters anyway as it has nothing to do with the thread at all ^^
This thread has amused me so much. Started out with me saying I quit, and that I don't like the state of the game atm.

Ended up with being whined at for pretty much every other reason.

You guys ROCK!! Keep it up!

Btw, Horner is my mate.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Threads now a days seem to turn out in a way the thread starters do not want.

Happens to almost every thread now a days.

I wish you good luck however, but you already know that as I've spoken to you on msn :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom