Iraq Civil War?

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Christianity teaches forgiveness as a basic premise of its faith, Islam's answer to everything is death.

This kind of ignorance, fostered by western media... Is part of the problem.

Do some research before you pass comments like that, please.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Christianity is just as bad as Islam for violence and hate. They are generally all as bad as one another.

In themselves neither are violent but violent people use them as an excuse for violence and see what they want to see in the religious texts.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
you can get any answer you want by selectively quoting scripture

problem is, IF we were able to abolish religion, which we cant, people would just fight over skin colour, hair colour, size of feet, or days of the week they were born on. its just the excuse not the reason

Marc

FH is my second home
One of my mates is over there private contracting. 800+ Isis approached the town he was in. He estimated there were about 6000 Iraqi army there who all just ran away lol. He, along with about 100 other contractors held the town suffering zero casualties but inflicting numerous casualties to the Isis force. He says they can't fight for shit and have had minimal or zero military training. He seems really upbeat about it, but then he is ex sas. If the Iraqi army actually had the balls to fight this wouldn't have happened in his opinion. Although once the US extract the civilians he is protecting he's out of there too! He also claims sas are already out in force in iraq which means air strikes are imminent

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yes they must have people on the ground gathering intelligence and marking areas for air strikes...do you think we will see cruise miisiles

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
He, along with about 100 other contractors held the town suffering zero casualties but inflicting numerous casualties to the Isis force. He says they can't fight for shit and have had minimal or zero military training.

This does not suprise me at all, a few layabouts from Birmingham, Portmouth and London given a gun and think they are part of some romantic freedom fight. If the UK governments finds the names of these guys they should have their citizenship revoked and never be allowed back into the UK, period. They travel to Turkey go south and hope across the border.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
This does not suprise me at all, a few layabouts from Birmingham, Portmouth and London given a gun and think they are part of some romantic freedom fight. If the UK governments finds the names of these guys they should have their citizenship revoked and never be allowed back into the UK, period. They travel to Turkey go south and hope across the border.
I'm pretty sure British Soldiers fly straight to Iraq now.....

I'm getting mixed feelings about this whole thing - it seems like it's a minority being persecuted by a majority, and the rest of the world is piling the pressure on them, I watched a news report this morning, and a lot of people in the areas which got invaded were saying life is so much better under the control of ISIS, they're scared of Government bombs, that's all.

I just get a feeling Iran are using the whole Shia vs Sunni thing to get the public to side with them, whilst the West is a bit more 'Oh, they're terrorists' and stressing that.

As someone mentioned before, they're the same people that we had sympathy for in Syria.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The only people saying ISIS is better are the hard line fundamentalists. They have systematically driven any other religions out of their areas. Executions are rife and they even proudly share them on the web and through news organisations such as Al Jazeera. Stopped girls from going to school and such. They want to take the country back 600 years. I know there is always two sides to every story but these guys make Al Qaeda seem like nursery teachers in comparison. Even Al Qaeda have denounced them as being too hard line.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Iraq formally requests US air strikes. Surely we're just a day or so away?

Job

Iraq was made by us British and that quite obviously gives us the right to blow it to bits..you know it makes sense.
On a side note watched an episode of Cosmos and it was about Mesopotamia..the 5000 year old civilisation where Iraq is now and they had the first recorded writing and one of their great stories is of an old man that was told to put all the animals on a big boat cos a huge flood was coming and he found land by sending a bird that came back with foilage.

Mabs

so either we go in, again, and again

or we leave it alone, and eventually one side will come out on top, and we all know who that will be, as people who are prepared to go all the way will never be beaten, unless killed to a man. Its far too late for education to work now.

and then what ? we stop trading with the middle east ? you want to buy your petrol at 400% from Al Qaeda Oil Exports Ltd ?

and its really pathetic to make it worse then go "Lol no, none of our business"

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
so either we go in, again, and again

or we leave it alone, and eventually one side will come out on top, and we all know who that will be, as people who are prepared to go all the way will never be beaten, unless killed to a man. Its far too late for education to work now.

and then what ? we stop trading with the middle east ? you want to buy your petrol at 400% from Al Qaeda Oil Exports Ltd ?

and its really pathetic to make it worse then go "Lol no, none of our business"

Do we? Iranian-backed Shias or Saudi-backed Sunnis? I actually have no idea who'll come out on top, and if the west actually wants a winner (which the cynical part of me doubts) there's plenty to be done short of yet more boots on the ground.

Mabs

Do we? Iranian-backed Shias or Saudi-backed Sunnis? I actually have no idea who'll come out on top, and if the west actually wants a winner (which the cynical part of me doubts) there's plenty to be done short of yet more boots on the ground.

all you need is a couple of guys, some explosives, and a car. drive it into baghdad or whever, job done. no tourism, no investment, no economic growth , they can keep it a "war zone" indefinitely

DaGaffer

all you need is a couple of guys, some explosives, and a car. drive it into baghdad or whever, job done. no tourism, no investment, no economic growth , they can keep it a "war zone" indefinitely

...a theory that more than a few people suspect was the raison d'etre behind the 2004 war in the first place. If the islamists are fighting over there, they're not fighting over here...

Mabs

and if/when they win over there, and decide that A they dont like us, and B theyve beaten us before, the next step is ?

DaGaffer

and if/when they win over there, and decide that A they dont like us, and B theyve beaten us before, the next step is ?

How have they "beaten us before?" And if certain people (like the CIA, and Mossad) keep throwing fuel on the fire, you can keep either side from winning for an awful long time.

Mabs

How have they "beaten us before?" And if certain people (like the CIA, and Mossad) keep throwing fuel on the fire, you can keep either side from winning for an awful long time.

cos if we withdraw/dont get involved they will use that to prove we are no match for them

im not saying it logical ;)

Job

Im quite right wing..you may have noticed..but what is wrong with leaving Britain to become fighter for a cause you believe in..young men have been doing it for centuries and they seem pretty level headed without making any threats to us..its a civil war..simple as that and people are free to chose their side

Gwadien

This is why I'm saying a predict a genocide, it's a bit of a thorn in the side of the majority led middle east.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
but when the cause they are fighting for is completely contradictory to the values of the country they have left surely you can see the issues that will cause, when they fight for a cause that espouses the disempowerment of women and is totally contrary to the values of the country they live in, of course if will cause problems when they return (like the issues under investigation in schools in Birmingham and Bradford atm).

Mabs

you need generations of education to break the cycle and you cant get 6 months of quiet at the moment so its not practicable
the only solution i can see is kill as many of them as possible, as fast as possible, so the people who arent involved yet dont want to
them winning anything gives them all the propaganda they nee to recruit more disillusioned people.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Im quite right wing..you may have noticed..but what is wrong with leaving Britain to become fighter for a cause you believe in..young men have been doing it for centuries and they seem pretty level headed without making any threats to us..its a civil war..simple as that and people are free to chose their side

I doubt it is the going that concerns most people, it is the coming back that'll concern people.

Job

Yes and this is the angle the politicians are using to justify intervention..pretty loose connection and you can see the stumble in Camerons voice as he chooses a side to be the terrorists..get involved..theyll bomb us...dont get involved...theyll bomb us...oh fuk it lets bomb them all.

Gwadien

Interesting; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28190227

Seems they're being serious about asserting their-selves as a nation, and trying to patch up past wrong-doings.

There's little difference between them and Iran in terms of how they operate, just opposite sides of the fence, and I think the Americans will have to make a long and hard decision who they get into bed with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom