Insults

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:
I thought that went without saying (I still havent seen anyone actually whine ingame about adds more than a couple times the last half a year)

Well you wouldn't see abusive PMs sent to other players would you?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I guess rather than rules it's more of a:

If you don't want adds go somewhere that people don't tend to go - like agramon, or the bottom of the irish sea. And don't whine about adds when you're elsewhere.

;)

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
I guess rather than rules it's more of a:

If you don't want adds go somewhere that people don't tend to go - like agramon, or the bottom of the irish sea. And don't whine about adds when you're elsewhere.

;)

plus they're bound to get added on occasionally even in Agramon if people choose to do it there as

a) not everyone reads FH and

b) at the end of the day people will do whatever the heck they want if it's within the terms of the CoC :)

Zede

Part of the furniture
Malcolm said:
plus they're bound to get added on occasionally even in Agramon if people choose to do it there as

a) not everyone reads FH and

b) at the end of the day people will do whatever the heck they want if it's within the terms of the CoC :)

your way of saying you dont give a shit and will add regardless ???

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Zede said:

Is that your way of saying you read my post and didn't understand a bloody thing that I said???

FYI I've never added on FG vs FG and don't intend to start doing so.*

I said that some people will choose to play the game the way they want to including adding anywhere in disputed territories as is their right. Every player of DAOC has the right to choose the way to play the game within the terms of CoC.

* Be pretty hopeless with my Cleric's level 4 smite anyway which is the only toon I tend to RvR with :p

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Zede said:

Zede, it's not about not giving a shit - it's about playing the game within it's mechanics and being realistic!!!

You're acting like anyone who even THINKS about adding on a fight is spoiling this game for everyone, when in fact my opinion is that groups going around in l33t little FG's and refusing to join in anyone else reindeer games is f*ckin selfish, to be honest.

You ask for the community to respect you wishes and create rules that don't exist and can't be enforced, so that you can seperate yourselves off from the rest of the community and go do your own thing.

Why should anyone who's in it for the realm, and defending the relics, taking back keeps, all as part of alliances and guilds and all together as a realm, but you seem to want to carry on your agenda's without a consideration for the rest of the realm.

STOP WHINING, EVERYONE!!! It's not going to change anything!!!!

You're wasting your time and your effort moaning about this kind of thing.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Rediknight said:
Zede, it's not about not giving a shit - it's about playing the game within it's mechanics and being realistic!!!

You're acting like anyone who even THINKS about adding on a fight is spoiling this game for everyone, when in fact my opinion is that groups going around in l33t little FG's and refusing to join in anyone else reindeer games is f*ckin selfish, to be honest.

You ask for the community to respect you wishes and create rules that don't exist and can't be enforced, so that you can seperate yourselves off from the rest of the community and go do your own thing.

Why should anyone who's in it for the realm, and defending the relics, taking back keeps, all as part of alliances and guilds and all together as a realm, but you seem to want to carry on your agenda's without a consideration for the rest of the realm.

You're wasting your time and your effort moaning about this kind of thing.

l33t FGs refusing to join the zerg.. being selfish........thats class !

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
So you call it "the zerg". Anything that isn't solo, and isn't one FG is "the zerg"?

Righty ho then...

You'll be quitting and going to buy Guildwars then, i trust? :m00:

Do you even think before you post and whine about it? If - you - want - opted - single - group - v - single - group - then - go - play - CS - or GW...

said it slow enough?? jees, what does it take??? And yes, it is selfish if when the relics are being swiped you just carry on your own single FG's mission to farm RP's (and whine a real lot) in Agramon.

I will continue to add, if i think i can contribute to a fight. I will continue to refuse to whine about being tractored/pwnd/stomped/blasted/bombed or Assasinated. I will continue to play the game within the rules that have been basically the same for the last three years...

Whine away, it'll change nothin... /shrug

Zede

Part of the furniture
Rediknight said:
So you call it "the zerg". Anything that isn't solo, and isn't one FG is "the zerg"?

Righty ho then...

You'll be quitting and going to buy Guildwars then, i trust? :m00:

Do you even think before you post and whine about it? If - you - want - opted - single - group - v - single - group - then - go - play - CS - or GW...

said it slow enough?? jees, what does it take??? And yes, it is selfish if when the relics are being swiped you just carry on your own single FG's mission to farm RP's (and whine a real lot) in Agramon.

I will continue to add, if i think i can contribute to a fight. I will continue to refuse to whine about being tractored/pwnd/stomped/blasted/bombed or Assasinated. I will continue to play the game within the rules that have been basically the same for the last three years...

Whine away, it'll change nothin... /shrug

Got a crystal ball have ya ? You make assumptions over my playstyle and that of my L33t little FGs... During an organised Relic Raid - FGs/GGs play a bloody important roll in such a Raid - get a feckin clue would you.

Like it or not ( and you obviously do not) FG vs FG action is an integral and important part of the game for MANY of the people who play it. As stated in god knows how many posts, I have no quarms what-so-ever on anyone adding on anyone in rvr-keep areas. According to you - we should all drop our prefered playstyles and do it your way.

All I want, is some acknowledgement that Agramon be left to the FGs to have fights, and I believe the rvr areas are big enough to allow this to happen. We are human beings, we have ability to decide what happens in the environment around us - a little self governing, or attempt at it may improve things. But no, you spout the same old shit " its how the game was intended ! its not against the CoC !" Your a genius for stating the bloody obvious. Try evolving a bit.

Moggit

One of Freddy's beloved
Zede said:
All I want, is some acknowledgement that Agramon be left to the FGs to have fights, and I believe the rvr areas are big enough to allow this to happen. We are human beings, we have ability to decide what happens in the environment around us - a little self governing, or attempt at it may improve things. But no, you spout the same old shit " its how the game was intended ! its not against the CoC !" Your a genius for stating the bloody obvious. Try evolving a bit.

OMG chill out its a game for gods sake.
People will play how they want to play and no matter how much you ask for people not to do something if they want to they will. So your the one who has the problem and your the one who will wither have to grow up or find some other game where YOU can set the rules

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Me and a few friends recently started running around the frontiers. For personal reasons, we hate people wearing red armours/robes as we feel it ruins our gaming experience. We don't want anything do with them, and we won't kill enemies wearing the colour red either.

Now, anytime we see anyone wearing the colour red in the frontiers, we politely ask them to change their clothes out of respect for us. Sadly, nobody has yet complied to our demands, and i'm afraid a few in our group has started to grow frustrated and insulted a few players. And of course it's not about the realm points! If we wanted rps we wouldn't care about colours, we would go gank all the red wearing enemies as well (although sometimes we do, but only because we thought they were purple)! We just don't think a fight is fun when people wear red, that's all, and we can't go on IRC saying "good fight!" to our enemies if some red wearing shmuck comes ruin it for us just by standing there in all their redness!

Now.. we have this solution. We will claim a zone in NF and if you come there wearing red we are in our rights to throw insults your way until we feel better. Likewise, we will not insult you if you wear red elsewhere. We won't wear red if we come to your area though, since we hate it so much. Fair enough?

Oh by the way.. i have some friends who had the same idea.. only they have problems with blue, and yet another friend's group can't stand armsmen and my uncle has a problem with characters with the letter "k" in their names since it reminds him of the war. Please consider these people's wishes and show them respect by not approaching them if you fall under those categories!

You may ask yourself "But how do i know who these people are, so i can respect them?" Well, that's for you to find out! And until then, expect to be insulted!

Respect! :D

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Levin said:
We don't want anything do with them, and we won't kill enemies wearing the colour red either.

Now, anytime we see anyone wearing the colour red in the frontiers, we politely ask them to change their clothes out of respect for us...

...Oh by the way.. i have some friends who had the same idea.. only they have problems with blue

Am I ok with purple?

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Malcolm said:
Am I ok with purple?

Sure, fine with us.. but you might want to check with everyone else in the game too! :D

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Levin said:
Sure, fine with us.. but you might want to check with everyone else in the game too! :D

Thanks, I'm worried if the red and blue haters combined forces they might have issues with me :)

Braleden

Fledgling Freddie
Got to page 20 and gave up reading, there are 5 points i would like to say about daoc and adding :-

1> You cant stop people adding, some people will respec the FGvFG some wont.

2>You cant stop people adding , some people will respec the 1v1 some wont.

3>You cant stop people adding, Hunters/Rangers/Scouts imo are designed to add on fights so people playing these toons do so.

4>You cant stop adding, some people say the game is ment to be played that way.<it is a RvR game after all, tho people should respec that some want to play it differently>

5>You cant stop adding, some people are just To**er's.

I could go on and make more but they would all start with You cant stop adding. The FG peeps here argueing the rights of the FgvFG fights, you may have good reasons and be justified on some grounds but you will never win and i hate to say it but if you dont like it maybe you should find another game because i doubt Daoc will ever put adding in the CoC. Please dont get me wrong i agree with alot of what your saying but i accept the facts of life in daoc as a game where some people ruin it for you, fun is not gained in the same way by all, you just have to try your best to be tollerent of other people and enjoy daoc as much as you can.

My own stand point on adding is that i almost always dont do it but then some days i have been ganked by FGs all day long and then i just say F*** you all its a free for all and put my self into point5. maybe that makes me part of the problem but hey no ones perfect all the time.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Levin said:
Me and a few friends recently started running around the frontiers. For personal reasons, we hate people wearing red armours/robes as we feel it ruins our gaming experience. We don't want anything do with them, and we won't kill enemies wearing the colour red either.
[..]

<falls of chair laughing>

I'm gonna be repping you for days to come for that post ... if people still don't get it now they never will.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Rediknight said:
guys, adding happens, not all the people who play read these boards, it's gonna happen no matter how much debating goes on amongst us few.

guys, in game whining happens, not all the people who whine in game read these boards, it's gonna happen no matter how much someone who can't take it comes and complains about it on these boards..

So what your basically saying is the original poster was an idiot for coming and complaining here about someone calling him a twat cos it's not going to change anything.

Rediknight said:
FG's - Mowing down soloers is lame, please consider how much of a threat that person really is to you, or how few RP's you will get for stomping on them like a teeny flower.

Soloers, please consider how much assistance you are giving to "the realm" by adding on a fight, or how few realm points you will get from shooting a healer with your bow.

Rediknight said:

The mechanics of the game allow me to hurl abuse at you.. lets be realistic and assume that is going to happen when you log in then and stop complaining about it?

Rediknight said:

It's f*ckin selfish of them not to join in your games, but it's not selfish of you to join in theirs... your opinion doesn't seem to be of great worth then really does it?

Rediknight said:
You ask for the community to respect you wishes and create rules that don't exist and can't be enforced

That's why it's called a community, because part of being in a community is trying to respect other peoples wishes so everyone can be happier. The fact they can't be enforced is meaningless and in no way means that people can't try.
No-one can force me into giving money to help starving children in 3rd world countries, it wasn't written in any manual I read when popping out of the womb that I should give money to charities. I'll remember to hurl this at the next person who asks for charity and see what kind of human being that portrays me as. I'll also remember to call them a selfish c*nt that's ruining my life for even thinking about asking.

Rediknight said:

No where when I read the manual did it say I had to defend a relic.. no where did it say I had to take back a keep... If it's not written in the manual why the hell should I even think about doing it? cos you told me to on a forum?

Rediknight said:

Yes please stop whining about people throwing abuse at you, it's not going to change anything..

Rediknight said:

If - you - want - to - play - in - a - game - where - people - don't - type - "/yell stop adding ffs" - go - play - tetris.
Did I say it slow enough?

Reading this thread what I actually see is the full groups appear to actually be in the right to hurl abuse at you. Your argument seems to be, you shouldn't hurl abuse at people because it might hurt their feelings, young kids might be playing and shouldn't be subject to that kind of behaviour/language.

Yet the people making these demands seem to by their own admission not give a crap about the feelings of anyone else other than themselves, or people that think in exactly the same way to them. You bought a game that allowed you to add and you are damn well going to do that regardless of what the person on the other end feels about it! Well they bought a game that allowed them to type "/yell piss off adding idiot", why shouldn't they be allowed to type that? I don't see anywhere in the manual that states I can't type that, so it must be perfectly ok!

Your right whining will achieve nothing while people like you are completely unable to grasp a simple concept, respect for other people.

p.s. I don't actually believe for a second that people who don't want to be shouted at should go play tetris.
Yes, you can add on everything in sight if you feel like it, you pay your subs after all. There's nothing stopping you from trying to make the game more enjoyable for someone else at the same time tho. But of course your not prepared to stop for even the briefest of moments to consider this, not even for a second, because of course you are way more important than them..

Dorimor1

Banned
Golena said:
If - you - want - to - play - in - a - game - where - people - don't - type - "/yell stop adding ffs" - go - play - tetris.

Same can be said for adding. If someone is ruining your gaming experience within the CoC then it isn't necessary to break the CoC to ruin theirs. Calling someone 'adding noob go die irl' won't solve the situation and just anger the person more. Then again there is this theory about un unwritten rule like being nice to people and not 'stealing' camped mobs, I think adding is one of them. People should respect FGvsFG. But when it gets to the point where words are exchanged I think people have every right to add. Some people who play in FGvsFG think they own everything, and I'm only saying some, not everyone. They think they can tell people how to play and what to do, if they stand up for themselves, they result to abuse. I think thats just pathetic and all I can advise is to ignore them and continue to add. I think people need to remember that they shouldn't take a game too seriously.

Nocode

Fledgling Freddie
There is only one thing i/you can do to stop getting abusive pm's: screenshot > rightnow and ignore em, hope they send more abusive pm's and again screenshot > rightnow.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Levin said:

Now, anytime we see anyone wearing the colour red in the frontiers, we politely ask them to change their clothes out of respect for us. Sadly, nobody has yet complied to our demands, and i'm afraid a few in our group has started to grow frustrated and insulted a few players. And of course it's not about the realm points! If we wanted rps we wouldn't care about colours, we would go gank all the red wearing enemies as well (although sometimes we do, but only because we thought they were purple)! We just don't think a fight is fun when people wear red, that's all, and we can't go on IRC saying "good fight!" to our enemies if some red wearing shmuck comes ruin it for us just by standing there in all their redness!

Now.. we have this solution. We will claim a zone in NF and if you come there wearing red we are in our rights to throw insults your way until we feel better. Likewise, we will not insult you if you wear red elsewhere. We won't wear red if we come to your area though, since we hate it so much. Fair enough?

Oh by the way.. i have some friends who had the same idea.. only they have problems with blue, and yet another friend's group can't stand armsmen and my uncle has a problem with characters with the letter "k" in their names since it reminds him of the war. Please consider these people's wishes and show them respect by not approaching them if you fall under those categories!

You may ask yourself "But how do i know who these people are, so i can respect them?" Well, that's for you to find out! And until then, expect to be insulted!

Respect! :D

I don't normally quote things to say "rox" but I'm making an exception.

Rox!

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Golena said:

You entirely miss the point... All you've done is try to insult my post - you've not actually said anything that hasn't already been said. Yeah, most of your posts are valid, but a few people asking a tiny percentage of the server will achieve...

nothing.

All the complaining, from both parties in the argument, seems lame and utterly pointless as everyone will still play the game the way they want to. In answer to your question about people thinking they can so they do and can slag people off - yeah, you're right. If someone wants to /t insults to you for adding or whatever, you do /ignore <players name here> and thats that one dealt with, and we can all go eat pie and sing songs about flowers! :clap:

I stand completely neutral in this whole argument - i understand that FG's want to roam and fight FG's without being bothered, and Soloers want the equivilant, but that just isn't the way this game is designed.

If i happen to be solo in the frontier and see a fight going on, i don't stand and count how many people are involved to be honest - as i make my way towards the row i use common sense - if my realmmates (yeah, i consider you all mates, to some extent when you play Albion) are on top of things then i will stand off and watch for more enemies inc, and give a /y about it. If i see that the alb's are taking a bit of a kicking, or they appear to be outnumbered, i may well charge the healer at the back. S'up to me.

Unless someone programs the game to have a specific battleground where you can only enter in FG's whats to stop other FG's adding your fights? nothing at all, and the circle goes on. Same with a solo specific BG.

The game is not designed for that specific an encounter at the moment, and i dont know if there are any plans to change that, but until then it's just a plain simple fact.

Even if every person on this board agreed not to add, there are still hundreds of players who don't come here.

Lets stop the arguing, lets all go get a milkshake with some rum in or something...

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Rediknight said:
Lets stop the arguing, lets all go get a milkshake with some rum in or something...

That sounds quite tasty actually.. must try that! :drink:

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Last xmas round a mates, we got his blender out and started making cocktails about midday - tons of fruit and spirits and stuff - by about 10pm we had run out of fruit, so we sent our twat mate down to the shop to get some supplies to make more cocktails with.

He came back with:

a bottle of 80% rum
24 fairy cakes
a Sara Lee gateux
two mushrooms
a lemon
a mango (yay!!!!)
one walls vienetta
and a copy of take a break.

:twak:

To make the best of a bad job we jammed the vienetta into the blender, poured in rum, red tequila, black sambuca, vodka and half a pint of cranberry juice and blended it all up :D

It had the most insane head on it - it was f*ckin alive, i tell thee - but with the aid of a straw and a spoon you can get it down :D

Sadly it's quite thick, so if it has to come back up, it's quite a job, tbh... :eek:

Tractartus

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:
There's no roleplay/realm value in Agramon and it was actually created to satisfy the need for one zone for groups to roam, the thing that most fg's wanted the most in the first place.

Zede said something similar, and once again I'll quote Mythic. Emphasis added is mine.

"MYTHIC RELEASES NEW ISLAND BATTLEFIELD FOR DARK AGE OF CAMELOT

"Realm vs Realm battles are the heart of Dark Age of Camelot," explains Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer for Dark Age of Camelot. "They are our unique take on Player vs. Player combat and the reason so many gamers continue to play the game. The Isle of Agramon is an exciting new battlefield that will further intensify the conflict between the three Realms. Now RvR action is only a short bridge crossing away for most players."

Three mentions of Realm combat, none of FG. Please supply the source of your opinion on why Agramon was created. I am prepared to be corrected.

EDIT- I think there was something about Agramon being an attempt to have an area like the old Emain, but as that was zergtastic and never a Fg playground not sure if that helps your argument.

Tractartus

Fledgling Freddie
Soloers, please consider how much assistance you are giving to "the realm" by adding on a fight, or how few realm points you will get from shooting a healer with your bow.

Or, consider how you are helping the Realm war- go go go soloers, if it helps the war go for it.

The mechanics of the game allow me to hurl abuse at you..

And the CoC tries to stop that.

It's f*ckin selfish of them not to join in your games, but it's not selfish of you to join in theirs... your opinion doesn't seem to be of great worth then really does it?

That bit lost me.

That's why it's called a community, because part of being in a community is trying to respect other peoples wishes so everyone can be happier. The fact they can't be enforced is meaningless and in no way means that people can't try.

True. But DAoC is a community with certain themes and a central idea...ohh, like when you are in the Frontiers its a Realm v Realm war, not a playground.

No-one can force me into giving money to help starving children in 3rd world countries, it wasn't written in any manual I read when popping out of the womb that I should give money to charities. I'll remember to hurl this at the next person who asks for charity and see what kind of human being that portrays me as. I'll also remember to call them a selfish c*nt that's ruining my life for even thinking about asking.

Right, thanks for that.

No where when I read the manual did it say I had to defend a relic.. no where did it say I had to take back a keep... If it's not written in the manual why the hell should I even think about doing it? cos you told me to on a forum?

Perhaps because its the whole point of the Realm v Realm combat? No, you don't have to, which is why PvP and PvE are kept apart in DAoC, pretty neat. But the assumption is that you PvP to help the Realm, else wtf are there Keeps and Relics? If you don't like that part of the game that's fine, but please remember why the game deliberately created a 3 realm RvR.

Yes please stop whining about people throwing abuse at you, it's not going to change anything..

We should accept abuse?

If-you-don't-want-people-to-join-your-fight-play-a-game-that-limits-participants.

Did I say that slow enough for you?

Reading this thread what I actually see is the full groups appear to actually be in the right to hurl abuse at you. Your argument seems to be, you shouldn't hurl abuse at people because it might hurt their feelings, young kids might be playing and shouldn't be subject to that kind of behaviour/language.

More like respect for other people, and that people joing in a fight aren't doing anything wrong.

Yet the people making these demands seem to by their own admission not give a crap about the feelings of anyone else other than themselves, or people that think in exactly the same way to them. You bought a game that allowed you to add and you are damn well going to do that regardless of what the person on the other end feels about it!

I bought a game that has Realm v Realm combat, you seem to have bought the wrong game for what you want.

Well they bought a game that allowed them to type "/yell piss off adding idiot", why shouldn't they be allowed to type that? I don't see anywhere in the manual that states I can't type that, so it must be perfectly ok!

May be OK to you, but if you can read the CoC:

"...insults or remarks intended to hurt another person will not be tolerated."

Your right whining will achieve nothing while people like you are completely unable to grasp a simple concept, respect for other people.

Wow, that's the best self-referential joke yet! Your respect for other people means saying:

I'll remember to hurl this at the next person who asks for charity and see what kind of human being that portrays me as. I'll also remember to call them a selfish c*nt that's ruining my life for even thinking about asking.

That's your concept of respect for other people?

p.s. I don't actually believe for a second that people who don't want to be shouted at should go play tetris.
Yes, you can add on everything in sight if you feel like it, you pay your subs after all. There's nothing stopping you from trying to make the game more enjoyable for someone else at the same time tho. But of course your not prepared to stop for even the briefest of moments to consider this, not even for a second, because of course you are way more important than them..

Or, we read the book that comes with the game and don't invent our own game and expect other people to play along.

Users who are viewing this thread