Insta Mezz

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Amaru-Synergy said:
PE are well known for running as 10-12 members... so that pretty much throws your argument out of the window...

Yeah sure, while its true we have/had stealther adds way too often, anyone who rvr'ed regularly on prydwen knows it was just adds, never "running as 10-12 members". If a stealther reports enemies on /gu, what do you expect him to do?

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Amaru-Synergy said:
QC is too slow, the hibs/mids are well in the range of 1000-1500 by time your starting to cast QC+Mezz, so this will not work (Also lullaby/2 bards counters any chance of you actually landing with a mezz)

If this was the case, then the Mezz I land first would stick (wonder if you NO mids will get CB if its that bad?)

6 CB's :D

vintervargen

Banned
Amaru-Synergy said:
PE are well known for running as 10-12 members... so that pretty much throws your argument out of the window... FL was never a challenge...

maybe thats the answer, we need to run as either a 3/2 sorc/cabbie group with sos, or run as 1.5fg.... just to balence out the odds....

oh wait, I can hear you all moaning already....

well you want rvr, that is a challenge and fun, maybe this is the answer, as im sure youll have fun against 10-12 albions, well anything has to be better than what you face at the moment...

please tell me you are/were in everlast. i still find that pac healer movie sooo amusing.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Amaru-Synergy said:
PE are well known for running as 10-12 members... so that pretty much throws your argument out of the window... FL was never a challenge...

If you say so and it makes you happier.

Let me guess you was in a current bg/grapple spamming easymode hib fg or some pre nerf savage easymode fg?

Either way i do not really care because that explains it already xD

We haven't fielded a good group for ages anyway....since most were on a long break.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Sycho said:
We haven't fielded a good group for ages anyway....since most were on a long break.

Gonna quote this to show to the ppl that come with the so pre-ToA and ooooooooooooooooooooooooooold comment: "look at alb/pryd PE/FL".

Hint: they suffer exactly from the same problems than excal/albs :(

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Vasconcelos said:
Gonna quote this to show to the ppl that come with the so pre-ToA and ooooooooooooooooooooooooooold comment: "look at alb/pryd PE/FL".

Most of my guild are bored of the game and same with PE, but they also hate the imbalance at the moment which most albs do...it's really stupid at this current state.New frontiers may give some light i hope...or it's going to be a two realm game xE

vintervargen

Banned
point is that albs were at least equal with mid/hib groups before ToA, but still whined on their classes..

Aussie

Banned
it took till:
1.62 LA nerf & ASD nerf
1.65 savage nerf errrr fix errrr whatever.

but hey albs were at least as good as hib/mid :m00:

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
i think your all being Naive and hypocritical

Albion CAN compete - FC, BOB, AD etc can all beat random full groups from Midgard and HIbernia competantly - even though these random groups have the almighty tools

this isn't a problem

The problem is the tools in another RvR guilds hands as they are much more proficient in knowing how to use their tools and as such have an advantage.

It is not much fun to lose to DH or NP repeatedly (even though i havn't fought NP after TOA and DH only once - and yes they raped us) Albions deficiencies class and utility wise are exposed greatly AT THIS LEVEL of gameplay

insta mezz is not the problem, The right hands on a keyboard using insta mezz is

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
don't know about you noobs, but i'd prefer a sorc mezz with +10% range and +25% duration over a healer insta mezz.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
nice nice....27 pages of discussion and still the same....ppl throwing mud at each other (as we say here) =)

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
well... landing a crappy instamezz doesn't really give you a big advantage...

a sorc mezz with toa bonuses on the other hand... those without purge will be standing there for a long time :p

and no, don't start whining about the fact that instamezz is a lot easier to land... tbh it's kinda 50-50 if you know how to run around emain, you get the jump and you land the sorc mezz or you get jumped and get instamezzed...

if it's head on, you can just pray the enemy bard/healer has probs targeting and that you're fast enough

Aussie

Banned
Xeanor said:
a sorc mezz with toa bonuses on the other hand... those without purge will be standing there for a long time :p
oh no one of their 3 purges is down. the drama.

Amaru-Synergy

Fledgling Freddie
Xeanor said:
well... landing a crappy instamezz doesn't really give you a big advantage...

your missing the whole point, please reread and actually understand what I originally said....

CB blocks the insta mezz mids and hibs cast, then we spend the next 3-4s interrupted, and in that time, your well under range 1000, and ofcourse following up with AE spammage, mezz, root, stun nukes, RA's.... This I would say at the moment, is the soul reason why, I and no other competant sorc will ever land a Mezz efficiently

(dont be picky, this is based on a Fg v Fg meeting, all toys up) - and I'll repeat it again

CB + insta > 1875 sorc mezz.... Why cant you Mids and Hibs, just hold your hands up and admit it... you might sleep at night !

As for some of the comments on the board, I think Hippocrate comes to mind, since most of you all went from Albion > Hib/Mid !

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
oh no one of their 3 purges is down. the drama.
talking about mids... it's pointless to argue about CC vs. Hibs because that's just CC them if possible and pray they don't CC back too efficiently :p

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
Amaru-Synergy said:
your missing the whole point, please reread and actually understand what I originally said....

CB blocks the insta mezz mids and hibs cast, then we spend the next 3-4s interrupted, and in that time, your well under range 1000, and ofcourse following up with AE spammage, mezz, root, stun nukes, RA's.... This I would say at the moment, is the soul reason why, I and no other competant sorc will ever land a Mezz efficiently

(dont be picky, this is based on a Fg v Fg meeting, all toys up) - and I'll repeat it again

CB + insta > 1875 sorc mezz.... Why cant you Mids and Hibs, just hold your hands up and admit it... you might sleep at night !

As for some of the comments on the board, I think Hippocrate comes to mind, since most of you all went from Albion > Hib/Mid !
CB doesn't give immunity timer... when i cast a mezz, i cast at least 2/3 mezzes when i succeed (easily possible anyway if you land the first one) and the ones with CB will still be mezzed.

on the other hand, if you have CB and they use insta-mezz, and they want to do a castable after, you have time to run out of your group, which makes the aoe mezz only hit you, and not your group, or only your group, and not you. if that happens to me, i'd turn around and run straight away from the enemy group leaving my group between myself and the enemy, which puts me out of the enemy's casting range...

Amaru-Synergy

Fledgling Freddie
Xeanor said:
CB doesn't give immunity timer... when i cast a mezz, i cast at least 2/3 mezzes when i succeed (easily possible anyway if you land the first one) and the ones with CB will still be mezzed.

on the other hand, if you have CB and they use insta-mezz, and they want to do a castable after, you have time to run out of your group, which makes the aoe mezz only hit you, and not your group, or only your group, and not you. if that happens to me, i'd turn around and run straight away from the enemy group leaving my group between myself and the enemy, which puts me out of the enemy's casting range...

I didnt say anything about immunity timers, I said 3-4s interrupts, and ofcourse all my group has blocked the insta mezz with the CB, and in the actions of spreading, we are all interrupted.... enemies are well under 1500 range, and ofcourse while we are still trying to access the damage , the rr10 bards/healers arent exactly out of touch where their castable mezz is... and it always follows after insta, as any good player will do... and thus , all my group is mezzed from the castable

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Vasconcelos said:

exept alb has hardly ever had any good fgs, atleast not as good as FL's group (wich is possible the best alb group i have fought against :eek: ).

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Fedaykin said:
i think your all being Naive and hypocritical

Albion CAN compete - FC, BOB, AD etc can all beat random full groups from Midgard and HIbernia competantly - even though these random groups have the almighty tools

this isn't a problem

The problem is the tools in another RvR guilds hands as they are much more proficient in knowing how to use their tools and as such have an advantage.

It is not much fun to lose to DH or NP repeatedly (even though i havn't fought NP after TOA and DH only once - and yes they raped us) Albions deficiencies class and utility wise are exposed greatly AT THIS LEVEL of gameplay

insta mezz is not the problem, The right hands on a keyboard using insta mezz is

question is, do you use ventrilo, do you take your teamplay as far as we do? :eek: + not useing guarder pre toa vs melee groups isnt very optimal :eek:

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
question is, do you use ventrilo, do you take your teamplay as far as we do? :eek: + not useing guarder pre toa vs melee groups isnt very optimal :eek:

pre toa a guarder is useless....

our group set up was:

ice wiz
ice wiz
theurgist
mind sorc
body sorc
cleric
cleric
minstrel

post TOA - due to our mind sorc leaving game we brought in calamore (rr10) as guarder and most importantly bodyguarder.

1 shield pre TOA does fuckall against 2-3 savages assisting and you know this - bodyguard is useful cos it does stop this.

and no offence soruzi, but magmatic and sunwolf who chose the setups have a better idea of albion strengths than you

and we used ventrilo on some nights :p

before TOA there was simply no space (IMO) for a guarder in our group

anyway its a pointless argument, if we wanted an optimal group setup i doubt we'd use ice wizzies... even though we owned using them

good players > classes

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
Ok what's easiest .
Instant vs Boltrange
Target RANDOM member of mid/hibgroup on 2k range and face + castmezz
Or using instantmezz on the crocodile that's out of range ? oO

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
Fedaykin said:

our group set up was:

ice wiz
ice wiz
theurgist
mind sorc
body sorc
cleric
cleric
minstrel

post TOA - due to our mind sorc leaving game we brought in calamore (rr10) as guarder and most importantly bodyguarder.

1 shield pre TOA does fuckall against 2-3 savages assisting and you know this - bodyguard is useful cos it does stop this.

and no offence soruzi, but magmatic and sunwolf who chose the setups have a better idea of albion strengths than you

anyway its a pointless argument, if we wanted an optimal group setup i doubt we'd use ice wizzies... even though we owned using them

good players > classes

good classes+ players > good players :<<<<

And due to your setup I doubt your gms got more daoc knowledge then rvn .

And using gimpsetup then whine that other realms are overpowered is sad tbh

Fact is 99% + of albion are clueless noobs T_T

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
Lorfo said:
Ok what's easiest .
Instant vs Boltrange
Target RANDOM member of mid/hibgroup on 2k range and face + castmezz
Or using instantmezz on the crocodile that's out of range ? oO

insta mezz on the croc thats out of range is best obviosly, duh

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Fedaykin said:

our group set up was:

ice wiz
ice wiz
theurgist
mind sorc
body sorc
cleric
cleric
minstrel

good players > classes

w/o shield tank to guard its just to cut thru the casters 1 by 1 like we did :p

guard > assist teams, even theones with dual wielders (+ savages got low ws).

and its basic that if you want to counter melee assist teams, the best way to cut most of their damage is by haveing a guarder. (bof isnt enough)

1 shield pre TOA does fuckall against 2-3 savages assisting and you know thi <- extremely wrong, it does alot if the guarder can be there to guard before the targets die (ie be good)

paladin > minstrel for your pre toa setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom