In the interests of statistics: RR grats threads

What should be the minimum RR for a grats thread?

• RR10+

Votes: 199 40.4%
  • RR5+

Votes: 202 41.1%
  • Not fussed, but I like clicking buttons.

Votes: 91 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seems we put a diff value on the word discussion but thats fine.

Don't really see the point in discussing this matter and not debating ( I personally wouldn't say the diff is that huge when it comes to this specific topic )

I want something to change not only trying to convert ppl to agree with me, since I understand alot of ppl like the 'grats threads' and thats fine. People can still like this whole 'grats thread thing' but realize/agree that atm it's beyond acceptable, it smuthers any thread with real meaningful content.
All I'm saying is that in it's current form it's not that positive, and as far as I can see it's just spamm with the sole purpose of getting attention. If you find it to be any diffrent then I found it, fine.

But when 20 of 25 posts are about x person dinging x rps it gets out of hand. Would it be too much to ask that all the grats threads where to be conducted in a stickied post? In that post everyone can post thier grats and thier support to whomever dings a milestone in thier "DAoC career" as some might put it.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
Seems we put a diff value on the word discussion but thats fine.

Don't really see the point in discussing this matter and not debating ( I personally wouldn't say the diff is that huge when it comes to this specific topic )

I want something to change not only trying to convert ppl to agree with me, since I understand alot of ppl like the 'grats threads' and thats fine. People can still like this whole 'grats thread thing' but realize/agree that atm it's beyond acceptable, it smuthers any thread with real meaningful content.
All I'm saying is that in it's current form it's not that positive, and as far as I can see it's just spamm with the sole purpose of getting attention. If you find it to be any diffrent then I found it, fine.

But when 20 of 25 posts are about x person dinging x rps it gets out of hand. Would it be too much to ask that all the grats threads where to be conducted in a stickied post? In that post everyone can post thier grats and thier support to whomever dings a milestone in thier "DAoC career" as some might put it.

I am with noblok on this. Its why I poked fun at you when I first posted in this thread.

The best way to change things is to begin by stating your arguments.

So far your argument = I don't like it, it smothers meaningful content threads and it's not that positive. You also cite that the gratz thing is only to get attention.

If you want to debate instead of discuss you might want to start stating the argument in a better structure otherwise your pissing into the wind tbh.

You possibly have a good point about it smothering meaningful content although to be frank we don't even know what that means and even if it actually does exist here. Why don't you clarify that and then I might begin to take what your saying seriously. After all your the one who wants to convince people otherwise.

For now I remain firmly anti-anti-gratz threads because I feel censorship for the sake of it is unhealthy and I also feel strongly that these threads perform more of a function than people are admitting to.

Sharkith

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom