In the interests of statistics: RR grats threads

What should be the minimum RR for a grats thread?

• RR10+

Votes: 199 40.4%
  • RR5+

Votes: 202 41.1%
  • Not fussed, but I like clicking buttons.

Votes: 91 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Thought I'd repost the poll in a slightly less stupid manner ;)

I doubt we'll change the rules over the result of this poll (since RR5 is an achievement for a lot of people - maybe not for your 4th fotm alt :p but it is for some and this forum is not just for 8v8ers)
but wondered if the responses would be any different given a less biased poll.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Jjuraa said:
be better if you had

rr5
rr6
rr7
rr8
rr9
rr10
yeah but then I'd have to set it up again ;)

pick! rr5 or rr10 they're the big milestones.

Thinknig about it I should have made it "public responses" then we can see who votes for RR10+ and RR5+ ;) (is it people who are already RR10 for the former, people below RR5 for the latter?)

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
forums are gettin clogged by them anyway, with new rp bonus' it will be insane

Jjuraa

Banned
i hate democracy. just abuse mod powers and either make it rr10+ or a Seperate Grats Thread section that we can all ignore

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
People play at diffrent rates, some might take ages to casually gain RR5 by running in non fg "gimped" groups with friends / guildies, who might not have a finished template, might not be lvl 50, might have an offday ect. ect.
And there's gonna be people who roll an alt and tag along with the guilds perfectly RR9+ group that plays 5 evenings a week.
We all advance at diffrent rates...

In my honest opinion you can never set a marker for when you can post a "grats" thread or not. People play this game in diffrent ways and why should you prohibit someone from making a thread that you could simply just skip and never ever in your life have to worry about?...

Setting say a rr10+ mark is just an implemention of 1337tism on a public board in my opinion.

PS. This poll has no option of "leave it as it is" :(

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Solari said:
People play at diffrent rates, some might take ages to casually gain RR5 by running in non fg "gimped" groups with friends / guildies, who might not have a finished template, might not be lvl 50, might have an offday ect. ect.
And there's gonna be people who roll an alt and tag along with the guilds perfectly RR9+ group that plays 5 evenings a week.
We all advance at diffrent rates...

In my honest opinion you can never set a marker for when you can post a "grats" thread or not. People play this game in diffrent ways and why should you prohibit someone from making a thread that you could simply just skip and never ever in your life have to worry about?...

Setting say a rr10+ mark is just an implemention of 1337tism on a public board in my opinion.
rr5 isnt hard even as a casual gamer, a more reasonable benchmark would ahve been rr6.
But the new rvr system means even that will be a doddle

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
I vote for a RR8 limit.

RR5 is too little and RR10 is too big.

Jjuraa

Banned
Solari said:

wheres it end though? "grats Randomperson on 350 thidranki realm points because youre a casual gamer"...

stop being a casual gamer then :| if you want a grats thread that much, quit your job and become a hardcore gamer and get to rr10 (i dont actually recommend this, im just saying stop whining :) )

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
rr8+ would be fine, otherwise rr10+ out of the options on this poll, otherwise way too much flooding with grats threads with new rp gains

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
heres it end though? "grats Randomperson on 350 thidranki realm points because youre a casual gamer"...

Why not?

stop being a casual gamer then :|

Um.. no, thank you. And why?
Care to show me where it says that this forum is for non-casual gamers only?

if you want a grats thread that much, quit your job and become a hardcore gamer and get to rr10 (i dont actually recommend this, im just saying stop whining )

If you disdain grats threads that much, stop reading them.
It´s funny because all the "whining" is coming from the people who´re saying "OMG stop all those grats threads!!1 They´re annoying me because I can´t read what I want".

Jjuraa

Banned
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
If you disdain grats threads that much, stop reading them.
It´s funny because all the "whining" is coming from the people who´re saying "OMG stop all those grats threads!!1 They´re annoying me because I can´t read what I want".

my point is, what the hell is the point in achieving something that warrants merit (such as a grats thread) if people then go and say "well youre just a casual gamer so we're going to reward you the same"

why dont i have my Olympic Gold Medal? just cos im a casual runner?! wtf discrimination, I could SO be an Olympic Medalist if i put the time and effort in. and just because i dont, im discriminated against. you nazis.

edit: for the record, im not saying that a casual gamer acheiving something isnt an acheivment, i just dont think it should warrant a grats thread on an already flooded board

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
True, but my point is, that we´re not talking about gold medals, but threads... an accumulation letters on some random forum on the internet. I can´t see what´s wrong with a "well done", regardless what the "well done" is. There´s no harm done by those threads. The true impact and benefit of dinging RR5 or RR10 is happening ingame. That´s what matters, not threads on a bulletin board. At least that´s my opinion.
The entire discussion is making a mountain out of a molehill, just like the add/don´t add debate, until it finally becomes a great bugaboo.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Jjuraa said:
i hate democracy. just abuse mod powers and either make it rr10+ or a Seperate Grats Thread section that we can all ignore
Small wonder, perhaps you represent a minority extremist opinion that (thankfully?) gets overruled by majority, both in-game as well as presumably in real life?

Jjuraa

Banned
Belomar said:
Small wonder, perhaps you represent a minority extremist opinion that (thankfully?) gets overruled by majority, both in-game as well as presumably in real life?

perhaps i was joking? prat

Bhalage

Fledgling Freddie
rr10 should be standard now, but o well ill gladly say grats any humberton guard members who ding rr5+

/mil

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Jjuraa said:
perhaps i was joking? prat
You feeling the need to emphasize your RPs before 1.82 in your signature gives ample evidence of your feelings (and general attitude) in the matter.

Jjuraa

Banned
Belomar said:
You feeling the need to emphasize your RPs before 1.82 in your signature gives ample evidence of your feelings (and general attitude) in the matter.

oh. really. Sorry Sigmund i was unaware of your ability to unravel the complexities of the human psyche just by reading a random statement in a forum signature.

E-psychologists, paid nothing, just as redundant.

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
Send all grats posts to Postman Flim's PM box for him to distribute out manually!

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
how is it elitist to have only rr10+ grats? anyone can get it in a month with new rp scaling prolly :s having rr5+ with new patch is gonna be unbareable, constant spamming of forum with grats threads u wont be able to see the actual discussion threads. Either make a grats forum, or make it rr10+

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
auroria said:
rr6 imo, as u then get for example Herra on mid! :p

rr6 is 1mill rps, iirc a nolby grp did that in 1 week with old rp's system. Granted thats an extreme example, but just shows how fast u can get rps especially with this patch

Saveus

Fledgling Freddie
after my infil dings rr5, than u can move it to rr10+ for the cabbah

Slayn

Loyal Freddie
imo only gives grats threads for celt bards on prydwen who's name begins with T, and who have sexy legs.

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
Slayn said:
imo only gives grats threads for celt bards on prydwen who's name begins with T, and who have sexy legs.

hmm i dont think i know anyone who matches that description ! i know of one with nobbly knees, whos about rr7 ish

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Heh, and here's me shooting for my first RR3 !

Not expecting a gratz thread here any time soon !

Maybe I'll find some zerg action and a few sub-optimal groups and steal a bit here and there. Or maybe just head out to keeps and towers with some wood and an LGM crafter !

Darzil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom