In the interests of statistics: RR grats threads

What should be the minimum RR for a grats thread?

• RR10+

Votes: 199 40.4%
  • RR5+

Votes: 202 41.1%
  • Not fussed, but I like clicking buttons.

Votes: 91 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Seems quite a dilemma.

Really does depend on your viewpoint. I've got a RR6 charcter and just achieved RR5 on another. These have been a slow progression of fg action, zerg action and solo. I don't always rvr but i always try to where possible. Its taken me many months of playing to get to RR5 - though I don't want a grats thread, I can see how some players might feel elated that this has been an achievement. Where as other players could hit RR5 in under a few weeks worth of play.

Which RR5 deserves the merits of a grats thread? Thats a matter of opinion . .

I guess the decision FH needs to make is whether its a board for the 'leet crew' or for all those in between. Seems to me that at times the minority spoil the feel of the board - often whining at other players, berating other people achievements and looking for any excuse to extend this 'e-peen' concept. Often the voices of the lesser-ego's disappears under the weight of the personalities clashing about. Not everyone who posts here plays daoc everyday - some players I guess play once a week, if that, but are still part of the FH community.

Personally it don't bother me how often grats threads are put up - sometimes I guess a few players want to celebrate a rl/ ingame friends success and by posting give others who may know them a chance to say well done. If I don't know the guy/gal, then I tend to leave the thread alone.

Who am we to pass judgement about the 'worthyness' of the grats thread? Imo it can always be left unread. I think SoulFly had the best suggestion of a grats thread. It just worries me that if this becomes a RR8+ grats forum then so many players lose the chance to feel good about something they may have worked at. Not everyone plays so often and gets in the uber setups to earn billions of RP's each month.

Anyhow, thats my mercs pennysworth :)

So in short - don't set a RR grats thread limit :cheers:

/bow

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Oh no, Lorimez actually made sense. What is happening to the FH-community!?

In all seriousness, I voted for RR5+ - basically for all the arguments Lorimez used. In fact, I really don't have anything to say/add :( I'm useless!

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Xxcalibur said:
rr8 and we are all happy then.
Hmm, I don't see how you derive this conclusion from the current state of the poll where a small majority favors RR5+ over RR10+.

Profion

Fledgling Freddie
I only say gratz to them that ding rr9+, but now whit this new "leetch your way to high RR" i will only say gratz to them that get rr10-11+

Anyone can get to rr5 thats no problem. RR8 what is that? around 2mill RP? when you are around 10mill then u can have your thread here on FH.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Profion said:
I only say gratz to them that ding rr9+, but now whit this new "leetch your way to high RR" i will only say gratz to them that get rr10-11+

Anyone can get to rr5 thats no problem. RR8 what is that? around 2mill RP? when you are around 10mill then u can have your thread here on FH.

While you're entitled to your opinion about all this of course, I'm glad you're not in charge of FH ;)

I think we should only allow people with >10000 posts to post at all :p since posting is too easy these days :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I think I was being mean to xxcalibur's poll ;) however it was worded in a way so that if you didn't like grats threads at all suddenly that meant you wanted them to be allowed but only for RR10+...

I'm sure there's quite a few people of the opinion: "no grats threads at all but if they have to be around might as well keep it rr5+"

Profion

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
While you're entitled to your opinion about all this of course, I'm glad you're not in charge of FH ;)

I think we should only allow people with >10000 posts to post at all :p since posting is too easy these days :)

well i dont mind if there is 428904728947 gratz threads, i only need to scroll down and read the posts that i find fun to read.

Im only saying what i think aboute this thread.... limit should be rr10-11+ =)

And aboute your postlimit sure do that idont mind at all.

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
I cant really see why people are on about this.
I mean it doesnt hurt you that someone is trying to be nice to a friend and makes a gratz thread to make that person happy and show him that you respect his achievement(Spelling -.-)? There shouldnt be a limit imo. I wouldnt mind saying gratz to a nice guy dinging rr3. So imo the idea is kind of retarded.

*logs on to fh*
*goes to rvr section*
*trying to make gratz thread*

*FH: sorry youre mates are not leet enough to have a post in this forum, please try again when you're friends hit rr10*

:)

Jjuraa

Banned
adoNix said:
I mean it doesnt hurt you that someone is trying to be nice to a friend and makes a gratz thread to make that person happy and show him that you respect his achievement

/tell xxxxxx Grats on rr5!

same message, doesnt bug other people on the forum who couldnt give a toss :)

if you want to make a big thing about it, then /as it. but forum is just unecessary

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
Jjuraa said:

if you want to make a big thing about it, then /as it. but forum is just unecessary

And the FAO: (name) threads isnt?

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Havent read thread..

Imo all should get a grats thread for rr5 and up. However only a grats thread on their highest rr char ie you will get a gratz on say healer as it reaches rr5 and 6 first, but your warrior wont get one after once he reaches rr5 and 6 but will at rr7 given the healer is still rr6.

All rr10+ will get a grats thread.

I have no clue how to keep track on this and it would be impossible I guess. Can only try and ask ppl to try and respect this.

This way I feel both the powergamers and and casual gamers will get the respect they derserve when obtaining a new realmrank yet the board wont be spammed with "yet another rr5,6,7,8,9 gratz thread to X player"

Realm rank 5-8 can mean just as much for a casual gamer as a rr11 can for a powergamer.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
I'd vote rr7+, as that's managable for most people on their main, and it drops all the rr5-6 alt threads :p

edit: I just thought even rr7 might be a little low, with the new rp system and all, which would make rr7 require as much effort as rr5 did before :p Maybe rr8 then? :D

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Jjuraa said:

Could apply the same logic to any grats thread, regardless of level. Just because you regard rr5 as easy to get doesn't mean that to others it isn't as much of an "achievement" as someone who rvrs every night in a fixed group getting rr8. Besides, the thing with grats threads is a) You dont have to read them and b) The boards aren't exactly over run with other threads of outstanding intellect. Just leave it as it is, doesn't do any harm.

Argyle_Avendale

Fledgling Freddie
RR7 or RR8 as minimum.

Though not RR10 as minimum.

For random players RR7 ( probably even less ) is a quite big achievement, and they would probably never reach RR10.

Bag

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe you should forbid all posting on FH, then you have no problems at all :/

Jjuraa

Banned
Bracken said:
Could apply the same logic to any grats thread, regardless of level. Just because you regard rr5 as easy to get doesn't mean that to others it isn't as much of an "achievement" as someone who rvrs every night in a fixed group getting rr8. Besides, the thing with grats threads is a) You dont have to read them and b) The boards aren't exactly over run with other threads of outstanding intellect. Just leave it as it is, doesn't do any harm.

well, im for the removal of every grats thread myself :p so i dont really mind if the same applies

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
pick! rr5 or rr10 they're the big milestones.

well mythic see rr5 as a milestone, im not sure many other ppl would if they didnt have rr5 ra's attached ^^

rr5 rly does not take much to achieve (and even less this patch) you should be assed to change the poll cos the choices atm are meaningless. i dont mind seeing a grats thread for a player who has established a reputation (ie rr7/8+)

rr5 means fuck all. :)

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
RR5 to easy, RR10 is still kinda real hard, i aint voting with poll, cause i reckon RR8 is just right :)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
the whole gratz thing is a bit stupid tbh.

I mean with the RP changes you can ding rr5 in 2 weeks pretty easily.

The other thing is people put the gratz threads in here because the want all 3realms to see them and in the rvr forum it gets the most exposure. Like some of these people are known and respected and get like a massive trail of gratzes from the community (everyone wants to pay their respects).

Then you get some morons like synergy or sh or anyone really that people really dont like and they makes their gratz thread here on the RVR forum ("a place to goad, chastise and taunt your enemies"). And you cant even like post your comments if theres any negativity it gets modded out, even if its just an honest in game assessment of how this player RVR's.

imo allow a gratz thread for any rr ding. just dont mod out negative comments and then it encourages people either not to post if they play like a moron, or it encourages them to post in their own guild forum or realm forum on FH etc.

pip

Banned
Why not keep Gratz? nothing wrong with pats on back:) imo if you dont like em, dont read em:twak: not like there is loads of other stuff to talk about:mad: go to genral discussions if you want to talk.

Light

Loyal Freddie
couldnt care less .. pretty able to only click on what i wanna read

even if i have to click to the next page .. omg the strain doing so is immense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom