In the interests of statistics: RR grats threads

What should be the minimum RR for a grats thread?

• RR10+

Votes: 199 40.4%
  • RR5+

Votes: 202 41.1%
  • Not fussed, but I like clicking buttons.

Votes: 91 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Takitothemacs

Fledgling Freddie
Just recently dinged rr6 (yay grats to me! ;))

As a casual player its taken me a good 2 and a half to 3 years to level and gain rr6 on my shade... it was my first rr4 toon let alone rr5 which I didnt achieve till october last year...

A lot of people in the thread saying thet RR5 is nothing... well to me it was... and rr6 is certainly something I was happy to achieve... I will be happy also to achieve rr7 when I do... BUT having played last night the change in RP allocations IS going to make life easier for casual players like me... rr6-rr7 wont be as hard for the likes of me as rr5-rr6 was.

I could possibly suggest that the lower limit is rr5 (which IS an achievement for casual gamers even with the changes..) then have another limit of rr10... so in essence we only see 2 grats thread per person/toon one at rr5 and one at rr10... then over that as players reach rr11, 12 etc as mythic extend the rrs.

The whiners wont see any "grats on rr6, 7, 8 9" threads, the casual gamers get to feel good (and we do) when they hit rr5 and get their thread and the serious gamers get their RR10 threads without having to trawl through all the levels inbetween...

What say you?

Takitothemacs

Fledgling Freddie
we know they could.... but seems from some of the comments that either they physically can't or they are just too stupid to realise ;)

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Slayn said:
imo only gives grats threads for celt bards on prydwen who's name begins with T, and who have sexy legs.

My Bard's name is Tops?! Do I get a grats thread then? He is as sexah as they come

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
i still know more people than i can count on my hands in this game that are YET to reach RR5 on ANY of their multiple toons., this doesnt make them useless, ur unworthy of grats when they finally..FINALLY reach rr5, it just makes them casual gamers that enjoy PvEing quite a bit.

i for one am looking forward to the day they finally ding a char RR5 and i can grats them for the accomplishment.

RR10 only grats threads? i may never reach RR10 ...ever...same goes for most people who play this game.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
censi said:
imo allow a gratz thread for any rr ding. just dont mod out negative comments and then it encourages people either not to post if they play like a moron, or it encourages them to post in their own guild forum or realm forum on FH etc.

No, it encourages them not to post if they're not in the "leet whine about people in grats thread" club - there's only a small bunch of people that used to post "omgz you addzor zerger!" in every grats thread.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Takitothemacs said:
Just recently dinged rr6 (yay grats to me! ;))

As a casual player its taken me a good 2 and a half to 3 years to level and gain rr6 on my shade... it was my first rr4 toon let alone rr5 which I didnt achieve till october last year...

A lot of people in the thread saying thet RR5 is nothing... well to me it was... and rr6 is certainly something I was happy to achieve... I will be happy also to achieve rr7 when I do... BUT having played last night the change in RP allocations IS going to make life easier for casual players like me... rr6-rr7 wont be as hard for the likes of me as rr5-rr6 was.

I could possibly suggest that the lower limit is rr5 (which IS an achievement for casual gamers even with the changes..) then have another limit of rr10... so in essence we only see 2 grats thread per person/toon one at rr5 and one at rr10... then over that as players reach rr11, 12 etc as mythic extend the rrs.

The whiners wont see any "grats on rr6, 7, 8 9" threads, the casual gamers get to feel good (and we do) when they hit rr5 and get their thread and the serious gamers get their RR10 threads without having to trawl through all the levels inbetween...

What say you?

I quite like that :) RR5 and RR10 as milestones (maybe have RR13 too ;))

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
Trying to work out what you're trying to say here...

and whether I beat you to death with a banstick for it or not.
That you can forget about PMT soon!:p

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
Light said:
couldnt care less .. pretty able to only click on what i wanna read

even if i have to click to the next page .. omg the strain doing so is immense!

achievment isn't the issue, its the cluttering of the boards, which will get at least 2 or 3 times worse with new patch, rr10+ imho

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
many may have voted rr5+ cause rr10 is still high. Tho the rps/kill makes me sick ...

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
hmm sorry Light dunno why its quoted u in my lost post, cos i certainly didn't tell it to :eek:

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Why put a limit to what people can post on a forum when it doesn't offend anyone, in fact anyone that isn't involved has a choice of not affiliating him/herself with the thread.

If your so keen on setting a limit why not make it rr13 and end the discussion? Or is it too high even for teh 1337's? Because frankly there's no way on earth 98% are gonna make it there in the time of daoc. That's how RR10 is to casual gamers, utopia.

Why should the boards become so much worse? The majority of the people reading these forums has a good common sence and I'm sure a very few people would start spamming 1Lx grats posts.... We havn't seen many of them prepatch why should they start appearing now?

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone will have an opinion on this subject, and in my view there is no right or wrong answer. The current gratz threads i skip over and dont read unless i know the person, it doesn't get in my way or annoy me, its friends congratulating others, no big deal.

Why is there a limit at all? I think the question should be 'should alts get a gratz thread' but ofc this would be impossible to moderate. If a new player reaches RR3, that in itself is an achievment. Just because the majority of players reached this mile stone years ago doesn't make the realm rank any less important.

Realm Ranks are going the same way level 50 went. How often do you see someone saying 'Gratz to xxx on lvl 50' ? not very often because the majority already have 1 or more lvl 50 chars and it no longer is classed as an achievement.

It doesn't matter how easy the task is for the individual, its whether or not they have made the effort to reach that mile stone that makes it an achievement for that person.

This sort of poll is aimed at the experienced player and is not very fair to the new player. If FH has a new daoc member join their forums, then see that they cannot congratulate their friend on a mile stone because they are to low in RR its not giving a very good reputation for the forums or the current players, as it looks like they cant join the community until they reach a certain level in their char.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Personally I don't think rr5 will be very hard to get at all anymore. For people saying 'some people haven't got a rr5 char yet', yes I fully agree that it was a big acheivement for some people up until this patch. At lower rr you gain rps so ridiculously fast now that rr5 will now be less then half the work it was before. rr6 is the new rr5 :p

I also think rr10 is a ridiculous milestone just to say congratulations to a friend. Personally I don't think I'll ever get rr10, despite being somewhere in between the casual and powergamer catagory.

I did however vote for rr10+, not because I agree with it but because I think that if that gets the most votes, the talking will carry on until somebody decides to put rr6/7/8 as options there where I beleive we'll find a happy medium.

- English -

Resident Freddy
oo close draw! who shud i vote for :p

i think the people who got rr9+ chars voted for only rr10 plus gratz threads and casual peeps voted for rr5! :p

Joohl

Loyal Freddie
As I never realy go into RvR other than larger RR, I can't say that I care mutch about who you gratz for pvp lvls. But I must say I tend to not read RvR section here on FH that much, since it's always gratz or whine, ok it can't be mutch other than those kinda post I recon. With the new RP system I'd recon a gratz on RR10 is ok, other than that is just postfarming that cluter the forum.
Now I'm of to the PvE section again, cya and have fun.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think setting a "hard limit" is the way to do it.

People should use some form of discression to work out what deserves a gratz.
If you PL'ed your latest toon then grouped with your RR11 buddies to farm people then RR5 isn't a big deal at all. To someone who plays casually once or twice a week on a solo unbuffed earth wizard and doesn't add on fights then RR5 is probably a fairly big achievement and worthy of a gratz.

Gratz threads should be given for when the people that know them think they have actually achieved something, not just for when person X gets X number of realm points on their latest toon.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
I voted rr10+, cause nowadays dinging rr5 is less the acheivement then it was to ding lvl50 3 years ago. It's like having grats threads for dinging lvl50.

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Well I have been playing since start of 2002 and alot each day, and I dont have a RR5 yet... My highest is a RR4L4 healer who has like 14 days /played
So to some, and I guess most, its still quite an achivement to get RR5 at long last....

Its not like everyone who dings RR5 rushes to the board and posts about it.

I dont care about a grats thread for myself, but I got nothing against thos who like one.
Of roughly the 12 people I usually play with, only half have a toon above RR5..

Since 'all the grats-threads' cause SO much trouble on the boards, maybe a new section should be opened, even tho it seems quite crazy to me. there isnt much useful info here in RvR-section anyway, besides hatred and crossrealming ^^

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
Why are ppl getting hung up on the rank at which we are trying to impose the limit? it has nothing to do with achievment (for the 50th time). The boards already seem to get flooded with grats threads at times, and with the new rps its going to get alot worse. Afterall they're only grats threads m8s !

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
If there was alot of decent rvr discussions actually going on, this idea might be good...but seeing as there isn't, who gives a shit really?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom