Illu's level 50 hint sheet for Champion quests

illu

Part of the furniture

Again - just a few things I noted when going through this quest (I'm still stuck on the last step - but in "theory", should do better next time :>)

And again, most of these tips are midgard based but there might be something other realms might gain from it.....

I think the level 50 quest is started by talking to someone in the Temple of Jotuns, which is the temple closest to the Vasud exit of Jordheim.

Once that is done, I've found the best way to get to the dungeon, Halls of Helgardh, is to port to uppland, then port to vindsaul faste, then go into west(?)sveland, and ride on your horse East to East Sveland.
This is where the macro /macro HALLS /faceloc 28496 9186 comes in handy, as this takes you to the entrance. It is kind of in the hills between Vindsaul and Vasudheim.

Once you are there - I think you talk to the person at the entrance, then you have to kill the Circle of 5 Mobs.
The only advice I can say here is that Mxn's UI seems a bit borked, so you have to rely on good old paper printout to guide you around (hopefully the map is posted above).
I stole it from here: http://www.valmerwolf.com/mappe/DR/DR-mid-ch3.jpg

We saw lots of people milling about so made 2 FG's and did the mobs in this order (basically start bottom left and went clockwise):
Farbjodr
Ofridr (Be ready to cure lots of poisons or disease)
Banahogg (Does nasty fire spells)
Myrkr (You sometimes get FZ'd off the platforms)
Soltinn

Having PBAOErs is very nice.
Basically the tactic was put resistance buffs up, take out all adds around each of the mobs, then we FoP'd a bit away from the mobs and spread the healers out (as some of the mobs AE poison/disease/damage) and tanks would go to town on the Main Mob.
1 of the groups would get credit, then rinse and repeat (the mobs pop in about 5-10 mins at the most), but with the group that got the credit, they back off on 15-20%, and take adds as the group without credit hits Main Mob to get the deathblow.

Make sure you have space in your backpacks! Each mob drops a unique item that everyone gets (So that's 5 at least already) then you might get some nice drops/diamonds off the purple mobs you attack, so make sure you have PLENTY of room in your bags!

Then you go to the person at the entrance of the Halls, who tells you that you need to get past Legion, to port to the final Instance that is for a FG of ppl maximum (so make sure you have some healers in there :>).

So buff up, head North all the way, through the tunnel (be ready for the lvl71 Earl Morax mob on the way) and you can't stealth through the Legion portal as you always get popped on the way (I tried :>).
Kill all to the Legion room and then either
a) Kill the few mobs at the entrance, and then run straight down the middle hell for leather! The first time you try this, only one of you needs to get in, even if ppl in the group die, you all get ported to the instance alive (this happened to us, so I HOPE it happens to you :>)
b) Kill the few mobs at the entrance, and staying along a middle of the room path, make your way to the middle of the room killing the 2-3 mobs that come each time. Fop Legion side of the middle and kill a few more mobs approaching Legion. Once all the mobs are dead and only Legion remains, go to the right side of Legion on the same level as him and put the Fop and healers against the wall, and tanks melee him down (1 tends to get major aggro, so lots of healing needed).
Then at your leisure (before re-pop!) go through the portal.

We found that going to the left, trying to go down the left hand side in the Legion room got 2 nasty mobs that killed us a lot. Straight down the middle seems the way to go.

I was also recommended this group setup:
2 Warrior Tanks, 2 Healers, 1 Shammy, 2 Anythings, 1 Runey.

It looks like you need to CLICK ON THE DOOR to open it!
If later, you die in the instance, you need to type /release entrance then when you appear on top of Legion, you will get hit a couple of times, but you just about have time to CLICK ON THE DOOR and get back into the instance.

The last bit

Utgard-Lok is in a pit at the back. Kill the 3 red mobs on the path that are in the way. When you get to the pit, don't put your healers too close to the top of the steps as you get perma-poisoned.

What basically happens next is that Utgard-Lok summons each of the Circle of 5 mobs in turn (without their adds), 1 by 1, so you beat Utgard-Lok a bit, then the first gets spawned - bash the mob to death, then back on Utgard-Lok, then next Mob spawns, rinse and repeat 5 times. Then I suppose it finishes...... (We died on this step :()

Try these instructions from Censi: (edited for leet speak)
"You don't need a balanced group we did it with 4 stealthers, a bb, a druid, champ and vampire. u could prolly do it like with 3-4 peeps im sure.
Basically regardless of realm do this. if u got gimpy group:
Set up on the grey rock circle that circles the main mob (not the platform bit)
Fop up.
Archer from high point of grey rock circle shoots the mob (end proc bow helpful if no bard)....
Buffbot, just spams cure poison and the odd mini heal...
other 5 tanks in our group generally stood around or ran in and whacked him a few times as long as I kept dot aggro on ranger....
Soon as the other demon spawns the 5 other tanks jump on it and blat it down.... only thing that's important is they pick up agroo.. sure if you let that mob blat down the healers u are fooked.
Keep going till all 5 are done and the thing is dead.
Took us ages but hey you only got to do it once... When you get the legion bit done you are like cl4.6 or something and you can just finish off the last chunk with whatever.
With a decent group you could prolly pwn it in a couple of minutes."

Along your journey, you should also talk to the King occasionally to ding your CL levels.

Once you have dinged a CL level or 2, go to some basic trainers (seer/rogue/viking/mystic - you can't get things from your own class) and check here for what you can get:http://www.classesofcamelot.com/dr/CLAbilities.asp

And the last thing is you can't respec if you cock up until you are CL3 (and to respec you talk to the quartermaster in the kings room and it only costs 50g).

Hope this helps someone.

Oli - Illu

Carter

Banned
very nice and stuff,+1 rep but for god sake learn to post these things on the right forums. :m00: :m00:

Septina

Part of the furniture
Carter said:
very nice and stuff,+1 rep but for god sake learn to post these things on the right forums. :m00: :m00:

Most people on this forum use the rvr section.
Most people that use this forum will be doing the Champion quests.
Why does it matter what forum he posts on?
If a moderator finds the post and deems it shockingly inappropriate in the selected section he'll move it :p

Carter

Banned
Septina said:
Most people on this forum use the rvr section.
Most people that use this forum will be doing the Champion quests.
Why does it matter what forum he posts on?
If a moderator finds the post and deems it shockingly inappropriate in the selected section he'll move it :p
k lets delete all other forums then

Septina

Part of the furniture
Carter said:
k lets delete all other forums then

Atleast his post is a tad more informative than your oh so original whine that's never been heard before by ANYONE :D

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Septina said:
Atleast his post is a tad more informative than your oh so original whine that's never been heard before by ANYONE :D

You have no rights to post, fcuking name steal0r shitfacednewb :(

Carter

Banned
Septina said:
whine? you mean fact? or is that word not known in your FH dictionary?

Septina

Part of the furniture
Carter said:
whine? you mean fact? or is that word not known in your FH dictionary?

Nope it isnt, mind sending me an updated copy? :D
And while you're at it, send me a copy of 'Stating useless facts for dummies' =)

Thanks.

Saje

Loyal Freddie
illu said:

Again - just a few things I noted when going through this quest (I'm still stuck on the last step - but in "theory", should do better next time :>)

And again, most of these tips are midgard based but there might be something other realms might gain from it.....

I think the level 50 quest is started by talking to someone in the Temple of Jotuns, which is the temple closest to the Vasud exit of Jordheim.

Once that is done, I've found the best way to get to the dungeon, Halls of Helgardh, is to port to uppland, then port to vindsaul faste, then go into west(?)sveland, and ride on your horse East to East Sveland.
This is where the macro /macro HALLS /faceloc 28496 9186 comes in handy, as this takes you to the entrance. It is kind of in the hills between Vindsaul and Vasudheim.

Once you are there - I think you talk to the person at the entrance, then you have to kill the Circle of 5 Mobs.
The only advice I can say here is that Mxn's UI seems a bit borked, so you have to rely on good old paper printout to guide you around (hopefully the map is posted above).
I stole it from here: http://www.valmerwolf.com/mappe/DR/DR-mid-ch3.jpg

We saw lots of people milling about so made 2 FG's and did the mobs in this order (basically start bottom left and went clockwise):
Farbjodr
Ofridr (Be ready to cure lots of poisons or disease)
Banahogg (Does nasty fire spells)
Myrkr (You sometimes get FZ'd off the platforms)
Soltinn

Having PBAOErs is very nice.
Basically the tactic was put resistance buffs up, take out all adds around each of the mobs, then we FoP'd a bit away from the mobs and spread the healers out (as some of the mobs AE poison/disease/damage) and tanks would go to town on the Main Mob.
1 of the groups would get credit, then rinse and repeat (the mobs pop in about 5-10 mins at the most), but with the group that got the credit, they back off on 15-20%, and take adds as the group without credit hits Main Mob to get the deathblow.

Make sure you have space in your backpacks! Each mob drops a unique item that everyone gets (So that's 5 at least already) then you might get some nice drops/diamonds off the purple mobs you attack, so make sure you have PLENTY of room in your bags!

Then you go to the person at the entrance of the Halls, who tells you that you need to get past Legion, to port to the final Instance that is for a FG of ppl maximum (so make sure you have some healers in there :>).

So buff up, head North all the way, through the tunnel (be ready for the lvl71 Earl Morax mob on the way) and you can't stealth through the Legion portal as you always get popped on the way (I tried :>).
Kill all to the Legion room and then either
a) Kill the few mobs at the entrance, and then run straight down the middle hell for leather! The first time you try this, only one of you needs to get in, even if ppl in the group die, you all get ported to the instance alive (this happened to us, so I HOPE it happens to you :>)
b) Kill the few mobs at the entrance, and staying along a middle of the room path, make your way to the middle of the room killing the 2-3 mobs that come each time. Fop Legion side of the middle and kill a few more mobs approaching Legion. Once all the mobs are dead and only Legion remains, go to the right side of Legion on the same level as him and put the Fop and healers against the wall, and tanks melee him down (1 tends to get major aggro, so lots of healing needed).
Then at your leisure (before re-pop!) go through the portal.

We found that going to the left, trying to go down the left hand side in the Legion room got 2 nasty mobs that killed us a lot. Straight down the middle seems the way to go.

I was also recommended this group setup:
2 Warrior Tanks, 2 Healers, 1 Shammy, 2 Anythings, 1 Runey.

It looks like you need to CLICK ON THE DOOR to open it!
If later, you die in the instance, you need to type /release entrance then when you appear on top of Legion, you will get hit a couple of times, but you just about have time to CLICK ON THE DOOR and get back into the instance.

The last bit

Utgard-Lok is in a pit at the back. Kill the 3 red mobs on the path that are in the way. When you get to the pit, don't put your healers too close to the top of the steps as you get perma-poisoned.

What basically happens next is that Utgard-Lok summons each of the Circle of 5 mobs in turn (without their adds), 1 by 1, so you beat Utgard-Lok a bit, then the first gets spawned - bash the mob to death, then back on Utgard-Lok, then next Mob spawns, rinse and repeat 5 times. Then I suppose it finishes...... (We died on this step :()

Try these instructions from Censi: (edited for leet speak)
"You don't need a balanced group we did it with 4 stealthers, a bb, a druid, champ and vampire. u could prolly do it like with 3-4 peeps im sure.
Basically regardless of realm do this. if u got gimpy group:
Set up on the grey rock circle that circles the main mob (not the platform bit)
Fop up.
Archer from high point of grey rock circle shoots the mob (end proc bow helpful if no bard)....
Buffbot, just spams cure poison and the odd mini heal...
other 5 tanks in our group generally stood around or ran in and whacked him a few times as long as I kept dot aggro on ranger....
Soon as the other demon spawns the 5 other tanks jump on it and blat it down.... only thing that's important is they pick up agroo.. sure if you let that mob blat down the healers u are fooked.
Keep going till all 5 are done and the thing is dead.
Took us ages but hey you only got to do it once... When you get the legion bit done you are like cl4.6 or something and you can just finish off the last chunk with whatever.
With a decent group you could prolly pwn it in a couple of minutes."

Along your journey, you should also talk to the King occasionally to ding your CL levels.

Once you have dinged a CL level or 2, go to some basic trainers (seer/rogue/viking/mystic - you can't get things from your own class) and check here for what you can get:http://www.classesofcamelot.com/dr/CLAbilities.asp

And the last thing is you can't respec if you cock up until you are CL3 (and to respec you talk to the quartermaster in the kings room and it only costs 50g).

Hope this helps someone.

Oli - Illu

You just farmed a rep :p

illu

Part of the furniture
You probably all know this by now but anyway............

Small update:
Managed to finally kill Utgard-Lok tonight - yay!
A great load of team work and a moment of unbelievable luck got us through it :>

Here are a final few words of advice:
To start with, if you want a real hard time, use 1 shammy and 1 healer in the group. If you want an easier life, 2 healers, 1 shammy, 1-2 tanks, +3 others should be fine. Make sure you have fop too.

The way we did it was by killing the few mobs on the road to Utgard-Lok, then there is a rock wall encircling him. We went to the right and all the way round on the rock wall to the very back. We were literally behind the mob, then climbed down from the rocks, climbed up the stairs on the platform and immediately fopped just on the left there.

Then it was just a case of keeping people alive.

POISON!
I would suggest 1 person is the poison remover and remove the poison ASAP as it is like a focus spell, it seems to hit harder every tick.

Basically you bash on Utgard-Lok and then the 5 bosses from Co5 appear in turn. They are all pretty easy until the last one. This fat one diseases and dots all over the place so be prepared!
Once he died, it was just a straight up melee on Utgard-Lok to kill him.
Also remember to hit Utgard-Lok from the edge of the pit and not IN the pit as it's hard to heal people in there.

Once Utgard died, there is a beam of light at the bottom of the pit and we jumped in and teleported to Jordheim and then we spoke to the king to finish the quest, which sometimes enables a second ability on your champion weapon.

Oli - Illu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom