Iko - The craziest movie of the century so far?

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Stumbling about on movie sites as I t end to do sometimes, I came across the trailer for the new movie by Takashi Miike, the director who made Ichi the Killer and Audition. Having seen these movies (they're fairly mental n themselves) and liked them, this peaked my interest..It's...strange, I didn't quite know what to make of it because it was fairly muddled, with a mentalist swordsman, yakuza, vampires, zombies, people having many limbs and/or torsos chopped off..Just watch the trailer and you'll see what I mean, so I had a look on imdb for any semblence of plot. I'll just let the words speak for themselves...

"Undeniably insane Japanese filmmaker Takashi Miike (Ichi the Killer, Audition) is apparently working on a movie titled Izo: The Crotch is an Incomprehensible Demon-Man. The synopsis:

We begin in 1865, when the Shogunate is on its last legs, but still capable of punishing its enemies. One is Izo (Kazuya Nakayama), an assassin in the service of Hanpeida (Ryosuke Miki), a Tosa lord and Imperial supporter. After killing dozens of the Shogun's men, Izo is captured and crucified.

Instead of being extinguished, his rage propels him through the space-time continum to present-day Tokyo, where his finds himself one with the city's homeless. Here Izo transforms himself into a new, improved killing machine, his entire soul still enraged by his treatment in his past life. His response to the powers-that-be, whose predecessors put him to death, is the sword.

His ability to leap through time, slashing as he goes, attracts the attention of the lords of the universe, who are like a pre-war House of Peers, in office for eternity. Izo, however, is not about to bow to anyone, even the lords of creation (he even rapes Mother Earth).

In the final conflict, the prime minister (Beat Takeshi), calls in allies from all eras, from samurai swordsmen to the yakuza. It should be the most bloody and violent sword fight sequence ever staged."
Crazy, no?

Well I'm certainly looking forward to it now, along with Casshern, for which I still haven't found a release date but fairly sure it's has been recently.

Linky for the trailer and the thread I quoted from...

Trailer - http://www.izo-movie.com/ (look for the grey bars down the page with the speeds on)

IMDB thread - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377079/board/nest/9330068

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Yup yup looks great, I'm a big fan already.

Another film you might like Fuzzy if you haven't seen it already is Versus. Samurai swords and zombies :) Good fun.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
Takashi Miike is a top film maker, but some of his films arnt for family viewage, watched one a couple of months back woman give birth to a full grown man. me gran almost had a heart atack

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Has anyone seen Visitor Q ?

Was thinking of purchasing.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
aye visitor Q prolly his wirdest/crazyiest film yet i think.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Got around to watching Ichi the Killer today , gotta say i was a bit disapointed. Opening sequence was excellent and I thought that it was going to be a brilliant film , it has some gruseome bits , some nice touches here and there but the plot wasnt anything special. I cant put my finger on the problem with the film exactly its just it didnt really get going or develop the characters enough i think in some respects - what was with the Arnie looking dude, not sure how to do spoiler blackouts sorry and trying not to give it away too much). Someone tell me how to do spoiler bits please so i can ask someone a few things about the fulm without giving anything away to people yet to see it..
Got Visitor Q on order at the moment along with Audition which I hear is brutal towards then - joined one of those internet dvd hire things - got Irreversible due in the morning as well which is supposed to be a bit hard to watch as well...
Anyways everyone go and hire Zaitoichi - best import film i have seen in ages - lucky enough to catch it in the cinema as well :D

Yaka

Part of the furniture
you do realise its meant to be a comedy dont you?

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
If that was a comedy then wtf is Monty Python etc , it did have some amusing moments but I certainly wouldnt pop it between me copies of Happy Gilmour and Road Trip.
Got hold of Visitor Q and Audition as well now and am gonna check them out in the next few days , also got a copy of Zatoichi - now that is a far better film than Ichi imo and has funnier moments..
Still gonna watch Ichi again as I dont think I was in the right frame of mind to watch it / expect what was coming. Maybe I will check out the Manga version as well to see what difference there is between them.

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Xtro said:
Another film you might like Fuzzy if you haven't seen it already is Versus. Samurai swords and zombies :) Good fun.

That film rocked, I love the way when he was looking for some clothes he just happens to come across some dead dude wearing a leather trenchcoat and sunglasses ;)

evzy said:
If that was a comedy then wtf is Monty Python etc , it did have some amusing moments but I certainly wouldnt pop it between me copies of Happy Gilmour and Road Trip

Different types of humor, its more you laugh at just how rediculous it all is, like Evil Dead etc .. I mean you cant honestly take that seriously ;)

BuckFush

Fledgling Freddie
Trailer for this looks good...Will have to check it out for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom