I was wondering...

L

lubbock

First of all this is in no way a whine thread even thou we are missing some whine threads atm :)

Where are all the good old group fights at, these last few weeks all i meet in rvr is Savage assist groups or Hibbie Pbaoe groups, and i was wondering is noone from those two realms making "Normal" kinda random rvr groups anymore and just going out to try your luck in rvr anymore, i know that albion also have their "Uber" groups running around.

But i realised the other day that in 2 weeks i spent around 4 hours total in normal grouped rvr and getting farmed most of the time by Pbaoe or Savage Assist and all my points im getting from good fights in doddens.

So my question is, am i just unlucky meeting these groups in RvR, or are they the only ones doing rvr and everyone else started PvE constantly instead ?.

F

Fafnir

FFS why dont you just go whine at mythic to nerf mid even more so we can have thanes in our rvr groups. :D /jk..... :p

B

Brelakor.

You only meet opted groups against you in rvr, then you die.
So you go make a rvr guild and opted group, weehaa you can rvr again.

The rest of us that think all rvrguilds in their realm are utter twats or for some reason dont wanna be in one, do one of these things:

Dont rvr.
PvE.
Quit.
Roll a stealther :p

W

wildsorcerer

Dear Santa

bring back good ol days of no SC or RA's
gifv amg standoffs :D
nerf savages
nerf BDers
give sorc chain and instant mes ..........

S

schinkaar

Apperantly mythic is looking into this issue, think theres a URL on excal RvR boards. Most other games follow the same trend tho, i dont see how mythic is gonna solve this issue without separating casual and hardcore gamers or removing all skill elements.

O

old.Jeriraa

In Klan Nidstang we aint moving out anymore without at least 2 healers (preferably 3) and a shaman. But beside that we fill the group with what we can get hold of... ends up with strange constellations sometimes. Most times we do well but sometimes we just get zerged by the odd 2fg Albs + stealth adds in Hadrians or the opted gank groups you meet everywhere and not just in emain nowadays.

RvR is slowly changing towards zergs vs opted groups and counterzergs vs zergs. The odd random group or guild group thats just looking for a little excitment simply gets run over. Its like trying to fight a swat team with a bb gun.

O

old.Morchaoron

i would like to try a different group setup but that would simply be suicide, you would get killed instantly by the other fotm groups...

yeah but its still stupid, some people just wanna have some fun with their guild in rvr but they wont even land a single blow vs those ubergroups, its kinda stupid but how can you fix such a thing in a mmorpg....

also the problem is that the more 'skilled' groups are also much higher RR then the unskilled ones, giving them almost a 0% chance to beat you...

its a game theres supposed to be some sort of competion but often enought there is none...

J

Jonaldo

That's just the way the game is now, you don't play for fun you play to win. It's a shame and it's a reason why qutie a few of the old guard have left as it's just not as fun as it was but other new players enjoy this style of playing so good luck to them :) I'm on the peoples couch waiting for something nice and new so I can be a noob and excited about playing again.

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by Jonaldo
I'm on the peoples couch waiting for something nice and new so I can be a noob and excited about playing again.

like when i played the beta for the first time, i got level 5 and became a wizard, i was running around in cam hills for serval minutes firebolting greycon mobs, was so much fun doing it for the first time :rolleyes:

I

Ilur_oom

Originally posted by Fafnir
FFS why dont you just go whine at mythic to nerf mid even more so we can have thanes in our rvr groups. :D /jk..... :p

no.... no thanes... thanes are uberrrrr !! nerf thanes :p

M

Maleg_Grumpton

Originally posted by old.Jeriraa
In Klan Nidstang we aint moving out anymore without at least 2 healers (preferably 3) and a shaman. But beside that we fill the group with what we can get hold of... ends up with strange constellations sometimes. Most times we do well but sometimes we just get zerged by the odd 2fg Albs + stealth adds in Hadrians or the opted gank groups you meet everywhere and not just in emain nowadays.
Most Hibs do the same, generally try and get Bard and 2 Druids in group, Warden also is desired (but no longer essential with all the tank /asssit groups out there). The the only decision is either go full melee or full mage. Having just one or two mages in the group makes no impact anymore in Hib/Pryd. Once the decision is made you just spam for tanks or mages.

Users who are viewing this thread