it means that
A- you have your racial, item and buff resists
B- you have RA resists

so lets say you have 26 in A and have avoidance of magic 3 *9%* in B

a 500 point nuke would hit for as it is now:

(500-35%) 325

with this system a 500 nuke would hit for:

(500-26%)=(370-9%)=total: 337

So in fact you'd hit harder with the new system.

Lets use a beefier example:

500 point nuke. target with 50% resist from items/racia/buffs and another 13% from empty mind + AOM

old system:
(500-63%): 185

new system:
(500-50%)=(250-13%)= 217

Zapsi

V

vortimer

that is a joke from mythic...like 30 more damage, lol

V

vortimer

ok saw vn boards now...and to be honest players really know how to fix the casters problems. but seems that mythic doesnt want to hear them/shrug

Q

Qte Eth

well 30 damage.. its like 16 percent of 180 ~~ which is around +2relics ,and with such ras as mom and wp its not bad:D aswell no more 100% spirit baod celts ~~

P

pudzy

Tbh as much as I hated the guy nuking my ass! Seeing Pbuck and Walker probably quit over caster damage is pretty sad, some classes that have DD's but no access to debuff on it are pretty screwed atm that should be looked into by mythic too.

C

Cush

Originally posted by pudzy
Tbh as much as I hated the guy nuking my ass! Seeing Pbuck and Walker probably quit over caster damage is pretty sad, some classes that have DD's but no access to debuff on it are pretty screwed atm that should be looked into by mythic too.

Pbuck is back in emain fyi.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by pudzy

I got killed last night by Pbuck. A caster. Funny thing was I got killed by a caster where we just killed a caster-heavy Mid-group (Midget Maffia) at MMG when Pbuck jumped in ;)

And guess what? Our group had 3 enchanters and an eldritch.

Last night it was caster-night I suppose :)

B

Biby

Yayy - i hurt more with my BD tap !!11!1!!

< giff whine´, imo >

S

scarffs

As stated in the report, it takes out the extreme cases, like with using baod and bof.

Normal hit, say 300.
26% resist + 27% chain absorb + bof 50% = 100% resist = 0 damage.

new system = 26% + 27 % = hit for 141
141 - 50% from bof = 70

Same with spells.

So this change is for the good !

X

Xeanor

This won't affect BoF as BoF is ABSORB and not RESIST.

And it's 40%, not 50%.

E

exe

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Funny thing was I got killed by a caster where we just killed a caster-heavy Mid-group (Midget Maffia) at MMG when Pbuck jumped in ;)
Tbh I dont remember us being killed by hib caster FG yesterday~~ U might have killed some wannabees or zerged us with 2FG at leastOo

And about the change: GIVF!1!!!1

V

vortimer

well that is a good change but still not enough imo. casters will still be facing people with 45% resists, with poor armor and hps.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by exe
Tbh I dont remember us being killed by hib caster FG yesterday~~ U might have killed some wannabees or zerged us with 2FG at leastOo

And about the change: GIVF!1!!!1

a) We where 1fg
b) We had no other fg's Hibs around
c) After the fight Alb group with Pbuck killed us.
d) Perhaps it was not entire MM but it sure contained quite a few including Qteeth for sure and I think Freia and Valle too. Name Qteeth popped up so I figured it was MM.

It was at MMG Emain.

If you knew something about my guild you would know we dont zerg or shit and you would not say something like that. We won that earlier mentioned fight because we managed to mezz quite a few of you Middies inside the MMG doors so we could setup good PB-box.

And yes I also hope they fix casters, I got a caster (on Albion) and it sucks at the moment. That's why I play Hibernia now with my druid. If we got the good group-setup and the right RA's up we might beat you, otherwise we stand no chance (due to your CC and way higher RR and experience).

But sometimes we do shine, Tuatha Dé Danann is a good guild I think and we got good players. Just we started awhile ago on Prydwen and need to catch up on RR so we get more RA's and more experience playing our classes well and play together well.

Atleast you dont run with FOTM 4 seers 4 viking groups which I respect in you guys.

O

old.SadonTheGrey

im still not satisfied with that change, i'll still get hit for twice my dmg by a troll with a big axe or a lanky kobold with some pointy claws ~~

P

poi

Originally posted by Puppetmistress

Atleast you dont run with FOTM 4 seers 4 viking groups which I respect in you guys.

Whats wrong in making the best possible grp for RvR?
Should we make a grp with 2 healer and 6 thanes?:)

Users who are viewing this thread