I should read the NDA more carefully.

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
Mmm i guess i will say sorry for that.

Delete post if possible ;)

nyght

Fledgling Freddie
It wont let me start a new post... but I wanted to ask a question. I heard that the players have colision detection, is this true? So for example.. if a group if Black orcs stand in a line and push will they be able to "move" with colision some enemy forces backwards??

If so this will be so cool! I can imagine vent now...

"Group one, Push forward NOW!"
*Group one takes damage*
"Group two, take position one"
"Group two, Push forward NOW!"

*Group one heals"

-- Rinse and repeat on advancing forces!!

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
It wont let me start a new post... but I wanted to ask a question. I heard that the players have colision detection, is this true? So for example.. if a group if Black orcs stand in a line and push will they be able to "move" with colision some enemy forces backwards??

If so this will be so cool! I can imagine vent now...

"Group one, Push forward NOW!"
*Group one takes damage*
"Group two, take position one"
"Group two, Push forward NOW!"

*Group one heals"

-- Rinse and repeat on advancing forces!!

From what I understand of it its more like a semi collision detection, easiest way to explain it would be if you've played TF2 at all similar to how people on your own team react when you walk into/through them they are pushed slightly away if not moving already but you can push through them by walking.

did that make sense? :p

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
think of it as "glue" it drasticly slows you down, that you will be far better off trying to go around the player, or just use a "repel" skill/spell

nyght

Fledgling Freddie
it still sounds like something like what i said could be done. ooo I cant wait to get started in this game. Black Orc is me :D

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
From a Q@A at Warcry (link):

<~DelmarWynn> SD|Skwisgaar: About collision detection, how potent will it be? I've noticed in some videos that people were almost not hindered at all. Ex: Will we be able to maintain a tightly knit formation, say, a shieldwall, which would be effectively the blocking enemy players at strategic chokepoints like hallways and gates?
<@[WAR]Gersh> Players will be able to Push through Collision but only after a period of time (A few seconds) this is to prevent AFK greifing etc
<@[WAR]Gersh> however collision will work very well for stopping or slowing an assault esspecially if your blocking a doorway
<@[WAR]Gersh> that is why we added knockback to the game =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom