hybrid arms spec

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by stighelmer
so in the situation when the caster do not have purge when he uses moc and is spinning or using face and there is no pala around to supply the slam then if we are not enough tanks on him at the same time to only need 1 hit each it would be good to be hybrid spec.

oki :)

Comes back to why NOT have a hybrid? Slightly higher 1H ws (which really isn't that big a deal) seems to be the only outstanding issue. Seems to me its basically a matter of personal taste whether someone who wants to play hybrid goes 50/39/42 or 50/50/23 (and whether they want 9s or 6s stun). ;)

S

stighelmer

ofc

slam > back stun

this does not mean:

50/39/42/x > 50/50/23/x

the latter comparison depends on several factors such as playing style and what group setup you are in.

the arguments in this thread for the 50/50 spec has mostly been made from a view point where every group member should do their task in the most efficient way, i.e. the armsman should deal damage. any reduction in the armsman's ability to do his task in the absolute best way is in this context imo something undesired.

you might not agree. that is ok. but then I am of the belief that you are coming from a little different angle. namely how to make the armsman more versatile - and that is not something i am looking for with my spec.

V

vindicat0r

Originally posted by Ialkarn

Thats why all the tanks of the group should have PF
A single Pf fight in group is aloot more effective of any slam since it got no immunity timer.
He run from you---> you hit him=he get snared.

You Cant always depend on PF to snare straight away and you know that. With slam ther is no waiting for Pf to Fire u just slam and Whack. How can u now understand a 9s anytime stun > no shield or low shield spec ?

Why are you so hung up on this ? It's Clear to anybody that isnt so Stubborn < can be a good quality at times ;) and I my self have :x> That This spec offers so much More than the basic ordinary 50/50 spec, You gain So much and Lose sooooo little, I mean some 1 WS. Get over it already, at the end of the day if u dont feel you can play a hybrid spec its 2 difficult, which it is, then fine stick with the 50/50 Pure Bash option < or even ur 23 shield etc, good players use /face / stick good luck getting ur Rear slam in 100% time >

It seem's it is a matter of a High RR Arm's refusing to agree he may be wrong oh no shock horror it's not a big deal but the fact's have been put down before you, step back and look at them all it's very clear, but do NOT tell ppl that Hybrid spec is a bad option.

As for stighelmer

you would even have more chance to land it than slam since you have atleast 11 more points specced in your weapon damage.
Higher 1h WS give you higher chance to land shield styles :)

Stop saying this :D

1h weapon spec does not effect your chance to land slam. It's a hidden ws you cant see that determine's this.

So All you get is more chance to by pass Block / evade / parry with your 1h when you should be 2h espically as your ws is even higher ^^.

Basically you use 1h very little and if 2h arms are running around using ther 1h almost as much as ther 2h then ther's something wrong ^^ like they are a merc with 1 weapon in plate etc :D :D

Play what spec that suit's you be all mean's d00d but dont tell others hybrid sucks and that u lower dmg because you do NOT lower your damage with Hybrid :).

S

stighelmer

Originally posted by vindicat0r
Stop saying this :D

1h weapon spec does not effect your chance to land slam. It's a hidden ws you cant see that determine's this.

You are wrong.

And for all the other statements, see my post above.

V

vindicat0r

You are wrong.

And for all the other statements, see my post above.

Please show me some test's that show this ?

Paladin's with 29 Slash dont have much problem slamming ^^

also I didnt want to have to but ..........

Originally posted by Pin
And if the caster uses /face, or just keeps twisting, etc?

And having a higher 1h weaponskill will only effect your chance to bypass a guard on the caster. It does nothing for hit/miss (and I don't see many casters with high evade/block/parry).

Dont Question Teh Pinneh imo !! :D

S

stighelmer

there has been tests made on this and bla bla bla. cba to look for the thread. not a biggie anyways.

main point still not changed:

if you play in a way that you feel hybrid spec is the best spec and slam is a necessity, then you do not play your arms the way i play mine.

why would I keep my current spec if I thought there was a better one ?

I

Ialkarn

You Cant always depend on PF to snare straight away and you know that. With slam ther is no waiting for Pf to Fire u just slam and Whack. How can u now understand a 9s anytime stun > no shield or low shield spec ?

That it's your opinion,sound like you talking about the proc of your sword;2 tanks whit PF and you snare 95% of your targets.
Ofc you depend from PF cause slam can be purged and then your target get immunity,PF is chainable,and btw if you are specced pole you got an anytime snare (crippling blow),if you are 2h specced you got 3 stun chains (2,6,9sec) and the 6 sec one is pretty easy to land since it's a chain starting whit an anytime.
Ofc a target can easy face you all the time and avoid the snare and get hammered ,forgot to mention you can't face more than one person at time so you get wasted by positional styles.

Basically you use 1h very little and if 2h arms are running around using ther 1h almost as much as ther 2h then ther's something wrong ^^ like they are a merc with 1 weapon in plate etc :D :D

Not as much as 2h,but enought to worry about it,and sure more than your shield.

B

bracken_woodman

Shows that taking slash from 29 - 50 gives approx 4% better chance to hit with shield. Personal preference and play style determines whether you regard this as significant (just as with the small differences in damage).

Tbh I'm surprised people have started saying x spec > y spec. To me it's not about discovering the best spec..its about whether a spec is viable and can work. Personally I think the hybrid spec is. It just depends on playstyle and personal preference. Hybrid spec will work for some, not for others. I see in this thread some people becoming polarised in their views. A shame because if you look at the evidence overall you see that the armsman has a number of specs that are all viable and can work well if played properly.

P

Pin

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
Shows that taking slash from 29 - 50 gives approx 4% better chance to hit with shield.

You can't just say the percentage rose 4%, therefore it's a 4% improvement, as against a target with low defense, he would have gone from 80%->87% hits. Against a target with high defense, he would have gone from 10%->11% hits.

It's actually an 8.7% improvement to your chance to bypass defense with shield styles - (53.4 + 9.35) / (49.12 + 8.6) = 1.087.

The difference is there. Up to the player to decide which trade-off to make. (And it's ~4.5% difference 39-50, etc).

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by Pin
You can't just say the percentage rose 4%, therefore it's a 4% improvement, as against a target with low defense, he would have gone from 80%->87% hits. Against a target with high defense, he would have gone from 10%->11% hits.

It's actually an 8.7% improvement to your chance to bypass defense with shield styles - (53.4 + 9.35) / (49.12 + 8.6) = 1.087.

The difference is there. Up to the player to decide which trade-off to make. (And it's ~4.5% difference 39-50, etc).

I submit to your mathematical superiority. Point the same though about player deciding whether the trade off is worth it, and that there are a number of specs available that are viable :)

S

stighelmer

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
I see in this thread some people becoming polarised in their views.

It can happen when a discussion continues past the point where it is contructive :)

I would sumarize it in just the same way you did.

Alot of the information and viewpoints put forth in this thread I am sure have highlighted stuff for several Armsmen.

It is nice that the Armsmen have more than one viable spec. Choose the one that fits your play style, and after reading this thread you are probably fit to make a more educated choice :)

V

vindicat0r

It is nice that the Armsmen have more than one viable spec. Choose the one that fits your play style, and after reading this thread you are probably fit to make a more educated choice :)

Well Said :)

G

gunner440

stop this thread and end this 10000000000year old discussion tt

S

stighelmer

you are so old and so wise gunz.

others need to benefit from your teachings :)

D

Dorin

50 pole/2handed, 42 shield, 39 crush/slash/thrust IS better then silly 50/50, more utility for a very small loss on dmg (if you see any difference at all...). And TBH slaming works properly and guard can be very useful, ofc you need a little more then stick + press anytime (or backbased etc.) for it but hey complexity makes the game fun for many ppl :)

Users who are viewing this thread