Hugmeh-Lust For Power The Movie

Puppet

Part of the furniture
GrIrcSpammer said:
:( well i thought that if i get to pa stuff it would get way too easy and boring
guess i was wrong . will try to find a better balance between duels and real action if i do another movie :D

Yeah, the selection of enemies aint bad, but duels are in general boring, as I said you on IRC. We all know the outcome on forehand and the moment you see 'THEODON' and you do /bow I know whats gonna happen. Replace THEODON with any other name, you get the idea.

PA doesnt make (much) of a difference in fighting 'heavy-tanks'. The STR/CON debuff will do more damage then the PA in 4 out of 5 cases. I wanna see assassins-trades, like Perf and Backstab, kill a '****' in a zerg (optional: Get away), kill leeching scout(s), oneshotting Horner with a 2H perf etc etc.

GrIrcSpammer

Fledgling Freddie
Maril said:
If he get hamstring in the leaper would have landed as well. Just forgets to follow up styles in the chain.

i forget to to do leaper but the styles i use after hamstring is actually a leaper with a backup hamstring ? i c ;d

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Freeshard duel arena video.....

or daoc + irc

some fights against zerg was really good though and the editing awsome

out of 3 mercs in that video only 1 was solo speced and ra speced and got him to 1% galaila and he was rr5 rest mercs was charge 3 determination 4-5 , can see why they loose right?

overall nice vid bit boring thought

Maril

Fledgling Freddie
GrIrcSpammer said:
i forget to to do leaper but the styles i use after hamstring is actually a leaper with a backup hamstring ? i c ;d

It's leaper as backup for hamstring but supposedly it should be leaper with hamstring as backup.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
nice movie.... :)

i like ur use of crafted swap weapons :D

tho duels arent that intresting :(

i enjoy more random fights :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Maril said:
It's leaper as backup for hamstring but supposedly it should be leaper with hamstring as backup.

he wants to chain hamstring as much as possible in the 3s time frame cause of the defensive bonus, whats hard to understand? as soon as the 3s time frame is over he will perform leaper

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
It was a good movie but to much dueling =(

not really what a SB was designed for..

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Lethul said:
he wants to chain hamstring as much as possible in the 3s time frame cause of the defensive bonus, whats hard to understand? as soon as the 3s time frame is over he will perform leaper

Thats so 2005. Nowadays you should aim (for max dps) to get into Leaper, Rib Seperation atleast once simply because of the ABS-debuff. What you do afterwards is a personal opinion but skipping out on Leaper/RibSeperation for 'another hamstring' is just cutting yourselves out on DPS.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
guess i should reply also - wasn't the most entertaining movie ever because, indeed, due to all the duelling and shit.

but still, the guys he duels are those the huge majority of this server will never get to beat and that does make it nice. d3f1 plays to kill the big guys out there and does his researh/preparation well for that, this video is a nice representation of that kind of playstyle

<3

Maril

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:

Only thing hard to understand is what this comment answers. Not only is it a bad tactic, but it doesn't really relate to the comment you're quoting as that comment answers something entirely different.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
boring, guess the "real" solo fights went entirely to hell by now ? :(

Lethul

FH is my second home
Maril said:
Only thing hard to understand is what this comment answers. Not only is it a bad tactic, but it doesn't really relate to the comment you're quoting as that comment answers something entirely different.

huh? it seems quiet ontopic imo. he wants to hit hamstring, if its not possible to do hamstring he will do leaper. to get the extra defense to evade more. obviously the tactic seems to work quiet well. i would personally try to complete the chain tho. but i would guess d3f1 has tested and uses what works best for him.

and hamstring can be higher dps if he only evades once aswell
hamstring hamstring leaper rib is more dps and less end than hamstring leaper rib garotte afaik

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Lethul said:
hamstring hamstring leaper rib is more dps and less end than hamstring leaper rib garotte afaik

No.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Solari said:

i was meant to say "espically if he compelted the chain once before" but forgot it as i started loading in food into the fridge :)

GrIrcSpammer

Fledgling Freddie
u dont get it do you ... with this ra spec it works better to last more vs heavy tanks while dot is ticking than trying to do dmg in melee.how many times do i have to say it tt

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Lethul said:
huh? it seems quiet ontopic imo. he wants to hit hamstring, if its not possible to do hamstring he will do leaper. to get the extra defense to evade more. obviously the tactic seems to work quiet well. i would personally try to complete the chain tho. but i would guess d3f1 has tested and uses what works best for him.

Your goal is to land Rib Seperation asap, because it improves all other damage afterwards. So in order to improve your DPS in the rest of the fight you should aim for landing it as soon in the fight as possible.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
GrIrcSpammer said:
u dont get it do you ... with this ra spec it works better to last more vs heavy tanks while dot is ticking than trying to do dmg in melee.how many times do i have to say it tt

Your assumption is based on the wrong assumption that chaining Hamstring somehow gives your more evades on your enemies next hit. Defense bonusses might do alittle in RvR, but a) its not prooven b) it affects mobs 'flat out' missing you, not evading them. Im not sure why you would have such holy belief in this defensive bonus on hamstring.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Your assumption is based on the wrong assumption that chaining Hamstring somehow gives your more evades on your enemies next hit. Defense bonusses might do alittle in RvR, but a) its not prooven b) it affects mobs 'flat out' missing you, not evading them. Im not sure why you would have such holy belief in this defensive bonus on hamstring.

Someone test it :/

GrIrcSpammer

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:

rofl wrong assumption?.. it does shitloads. ask any assasin that has played a lot . would expect you to know

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
Nice movie hugmeh. :)

Kept wondering if one of the grove protectors would be me. :) I have to agree on some of the comments in here, a few duels, a few stealthattacks, some other clips would make an overall more fun movie.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i always assumed defence bonus only worked in pve too, someone needs to test it :)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
ubahediting! nice music.

As for the fights, well, some said it and I agree abit, it was a tad too much duellish, I play NS as a hunter searching prey, I dont do duels and shite just because I dont enjoy it. Watching it aint much more fun either!

You play very well though, copes with strafers well and style well too. As for the stupid debate on hammy.. I use hammy more than anything aswell simply because for me a hammy=evadespree usually, vs shieldtanks or parrytanks leaper miss _VERY_ often too, Im happy if I even manage to land leaper on a tank like theoden or similar, hammyspree is more effective for me usually at least, can imagine it is for d3fi too.

PA+CD = tanks often purge = can easily apply dots and dotmine and battler for example without them purging off the effect which is a huge bonus in my eyes for an assassin. Duels cancels that and with that in mind, im damn impressed with what you take down in the vid, not easy stuff at all /clap.

Raven said:
i always assumed defence bonus only worked in pve too, someone needs to test it :)

Not really sure how it actually works, what I do know is that a hammy, in 8/10 cases is followed by another evade, and on it goes, and leaper has a really really low hitrate in general.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
was ok vid.. but as said before the duels are kinda boring.

and sad performance from the mercs tbh! dirt him ffs! :d

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
GrIrcSpammer said:
rofl wrong assumption?.. it does shitloads. ask any assasin that has played a lot . would expect you to know
Would you say that a style with a higher to-hit bonus has a bigger change of bypassing someones defense, than a style with a lower to hit bonus?
Cause that's the reverse of what you are saying.

Danita

GrIrcSpammer

Fledgling Freddie
Reno said:
Would you say that a style with a higher to-hit bonus has a bigger change of bypassing someones defense, than a style with a lower to hit bonus?
Cause that's the reverse of what you are saying.

Danita

no its not ? there are some calculations when u attack some1 ws/tohitbonus etc vs his defense.try playing spear and sword hunter and u ll see that it works like that when u spot the difference between hitting assasins with spears anytime or draw out

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
pretty sure defensive bonuses work in rvr... get a hell of a lot more evades after hamstring than garrote chain

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom