How would you like to see warlocks "altered"

Himse

FH is my second home
Gamah said:
Funny how its only mids that defend warlocks :)

funny how its only the other realms that want WL's removed.
><

Gamah

Banned
Himse said:
funny how its only the other realms that want WL's removed.
><

yes, fancy that, people that actully play against warlocks want them nerfed and people who play with them dont want them nerfed..I wonder why!??!

Himse

FH is my second home
Gamah said:
yes, fancy that, people that actully play against warlocks want them nerfed and people who play with them dont want them nerfed..I wonder why!??!

idd. your post was just as pathetic :p

joap

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Funny how its only mids that defend warlocks :)

Funny how its only hibbs defending banshees... wonder why....

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Maybe if you actully played the game more instead of reading forums you could tell they are a bullshit class?

Someone ate a sour grape - you know nothing about me so please try and focus your whine-womiting on others where it actually might stick.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Gamahs just jelous cause he rolled hib instead of mid so he couldnt get a chance to add to his list of easy play over utility toons.

Anyone who says warlocks are easy 1-2 button killers, thats the same for most casters, eg:

Sorc / dark SM: Hold HT button down till enemy dead, use MoC if needed.

Firewizz / runie = Bolt, Bolt dead enemy.

Chanter = stun, nuke dead.

No one is nerfing MoC3, and again I say UI on a warlock IS interuptable by mezz, unlike MoC, as well as all the other things mentioned in this thread that people over estimate about warlocks.

Comments about them taking out tanks, whats the problem? Are we all not supposed to be killed by any class, or are you saying no caster should kill a tank, what a crock. Bainshees, runies, sorcs whatever can already kill a tank, get over it, the idea is you are supposed to die when hit with magic. As for the speed they die, a sorc can LT at 1.4 seconds max dex, hitting on average (unless gimped) for 600 damage, in 4.2 secons thats 1800 hp, enough for most casters, 5.6 thats 2400 enough for most hybrids / seers. Wizzies hit for up to 1k damage every 1.5 seconds, chanters stun for 9 seconds...etc etc etc.

Gamah

Banned
old.Whoodoo said:
Gamahs just jelous cause he rolled hib instead of mid so he couldnt get a chance to add to his list of easy play over utility toons.

Must be why I have 3 lvl 50 mids on excal and thats right minstrel lacks utility :(.

You know whoodoo, for a E&E you're supprisingly clueless.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Warlocks have had their fun instakilling just about anything they come up against and you wonder why people are crying nerf etc? xD
Every nerf coming to the warlock is justified imo even if its such a big nerf that it makes the class unplayable.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
haha, i missed the last word of the thread, and read "How would you like to see warlocks?"

I'd like to see them on a silver tray, roasted and with a lemon stuck in their mouth.

R

Roxen

I sure wouldn't mind if the nerf's would keep on coming on them.
Then again i have never playe'd one so I am probably clueless.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Septina said:
Warlocks have had their fun instakilling just about anything they come up against and you wonder why people are crying nerf etc? xD
Every nerf coming to the warlock is justified imo even if its such a big nerf that it makes the class unplayable.

If you would want a class to become unplayable, then it shows how much of a big tit you really are.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Mas said:
If you would want a class to become unplayable, then it shows how much of a big tit you really are.

After being abused by warlocks since catacombs release i really dont give a shit if i'm a tit for wanting em to be deleted or whatever.
Every moron playing a warlock is a tit so big diff ^^

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Mas said:

warlocks have been the biggest tits since the release of catacombs, how do you expect ppl to treat them nicely? every1 hates warlocks, and there were many warlock whines on forums.. and no, warlocks became even more popular, many has been created just to become overpowered shit.. making the class unplayable would be the real thing that should happen to them, they ruined the fun of ppl for a half year? now id like to see their character ruined too in change.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Funny how it's always the mids that get the huge nerfs....

Funny how the mids that got the most op classes in both SI and Catacombs. If maybe you wouldn't cry always for midgard love maybe you would get a balanced class in the next class expansion.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:

Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out why tho? :D

popa

Fledgling Freddie
whit 1.82 + and cast speed on curse spec and base curse i am happy :drink:
a 50 curse 20 and 0 hex seams good 4 me

santacruz

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:

Must be Mythic that in some twisted way enjoy nerfing Midgard? Get a grip.

popa

Fledgling Freddie
santacruz said:
Must be Mythic that in some twisted way enjoy nerfing Midgard? Get a grip.
nah just some times dont stop on a good point or take to much or give to much to a class

like savage necros animist

wee are all here posting becouse ppl dont balance the NEW expansion classes
well mythic get a expansion and sell it
but before that release the expansion need to be tested can anyone tell me how much time waz tested and how many ppl test it and how many feedback get from the testers :twak:

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
They should simply redesign the class buttom up. Drop the chambers, the primers and the fixed cast time.

Warlocks is a silly class design and always have been. Midgard doesn't need solo caster that is designed to frontload (read: leech). At Catacombs release, we needed a pet spam class. We sorta still do that, but at least got the CoTS. Just find something useful and make the warlocks into that. Something that can participate in a group enviroment (unlike warlocks).

popa

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
They should simply redesign the class buttom up. Drop the chambers, the primers and the fixed cast time.

Warlocks is a silly class design and always have been. Midgard doesn't need solo caster that is designed to frontload (read: leech). At Catacombs release, we needed a pet spam class. We sorta still do that, but at least got the CoTS. Just find something useful and make the warlocks into that. Something that can participate in a group enviroment (unlike warlocks).

/agree

D

Doom

remove the chamber-specline, and make it a normal caster. nerf the delves ofc.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:

Cause Albs attract most of the kiddos thus crying against other realms reach glass-shattering levels. ;)

Septina

Part of the furniture
Marcus75 said:
Cause Albs attract most of the kiddos thus crying against other realms reach glass-shattering levels. ;)

Cause all mid nerfs has been unjustified ofc :(:(:( Poor mids, Mythic really must hate mids to nerf em so much x[

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
As marcus75 said there to be a post on the vnboards that was very thorough I thought I'd search for it. Here is Thronsen's nice post:

[URL=http://vnboards.ign.com/midgard_warlock_professions/b22793/94960891/p1/?15]Thronsen@VNboards[/URL] said:
I frankly have been pretty shocked at the depth of ignorance on these boards and elsewhere, not just from the usual trolls but even basic mistakes made by Mythic and other Cloth Caster TLs.

To raise the level of argument to something pertinent to the real game, lets clear a few things up:

1. ‘Warlocks Insta kill people.’ This is posted at least a dozen times a day. There has yet to be a log despite repeated requests. A Warlock chamber hits for around 700-750 points of damage. Unless they have multiple crits of their lives, that’s it, and if you are dying to that level of damage you need to gear your toon.

2. ‘Warlocks front loaded damage automatically kills people’ – It doesn’t. The tests run on Pendragon show Warlocks only doing 2000 points of damage before other casters start outdamaging them (other casters doing about 1500 at this point). They show Warlocks doing 3000 points of damage on a full mana bar. With so many resists, RAs, and most important DI in the game it really is a pretty badly geared player in a horrendous group that gets killed by a Warlocks initial burst. And after that, the Warlock is oop, while other casters do another 10,000 points of damage on a bar.

3. ‘Warlock chambers are instant.’ They aren’t. They require a 10 second prep time per chamber. Can this be done out of combat so its ‘in combat instant’? Yes. But there is a very real cost associated with this. In a game where movement is so important, groups HATE to wait even 20 seconds for the Warlock to get 2 chambers up, let alone 3 or 4. Its one of the main reasons many left the 3 chamber spec, no group wants to wait around 30 seconds for a toon to be able to use its main offense again.

4. ‘Warlocks are a 1 button class’. They aren’t. Aside from chambers (and they require 3 buttons to load), virtually ANY spell a warlock casts requires 2 buttons to get off. This may seem like a small point (despite how often it is repeated by the trolls), but it does make a difference. It means, for example, Warlocks cant spell queue. It means, for example, Warlocks spend power regardless of the whether the target is in range, or whether they get interrupted by Stun Mez whatever. Spewing raw damage on Pendragon was incredibly easy for other casters, just spam the key. Warlocks required hitting 4 keys, in the proper sequence, just for the one test.

4. ‘Warlocks have ‘spells’ just like other cloth casters, which makes all comparisons (such as MoC) completely relevant’ – They don’t. Almost all (and after the patch, all) Warlocks spells are MUCH MUCH slower then other casters. The base DD takes 4 seconds to cast, unaffected by Dex. The powerless takes 5.3 seconds (at the common spec), the expanded range takes 5 seconds. All of them can be interrupted. The Sorc Lifetap takes 2.5 seconds. It is obviously MUCH MUCH easier for other casters to get off their spells than it is for the Warlock, other then the nerfed-to-oblivion Unint primer. 4 seconds (no dex), 5.3 seconds, 5 seconds, those are the non-unint cast times.

5. ‘Warlocks are RP gods’ – I have seen no data that supports this. The data we checked from the Herald last week shows that Warlocks underperform 5 other cloth casters in RPs per week, Sorc, Banshee, RM, SM, Eld (and only those 6 were checked). The question remains why a class, that is not leading RPs in a single category, is being asked to take the biggest nerf in Mythics History. Is a 50% casting speed increase and a 38% damage reduction going to allow Warlocks to get the same number of RPs that Sorcs, Banshees, RMs, SMs and Elds get right now?

6. ‘Warlocks get ‘free’ MoC’ (1) – Its not free. You do have to spec for it. And speccing a Warlock comes with its own challenges. I can think of few 1x classes which require a presence in 3 distinct lines more then a Warlock. I can think of few 1x classes which use all 3 spec lines in every fight, heck in the first second of every fight, like a Warlock does. The ‘free’ Unint primer is in a completely different line then the base DD, which is in a different line then the LT and other ‘spells’. You spec higher for better Unint, your DD variance gets huge and/or your LT etc gets less damage/higher variance. You want a better PBAE, say goodbye to your DD damage.

7. Warlocks get ‘free’ MoC’ (2) – Its not free. It comes with an immense power cost, far far greater then anything other casters have to face. The vast majority of Warlocks can only get off 4-5 on an entire powerbar. That’s it, even after the patch. A Warlock, with Chambers and a full mana bar does 3,000 points of damage. The other casters we tested on Pend were doing 13,000. All the complaints about free MoC, about Warlocks being on easy mode, seem to neglect that basic fact. Yes, Warlocks have to worry less about interruptions then other casters. But they have to worry a hell of a lot more about power. Its ‘interruption management’ vs ‘power management’. ‘Different’ does not necessarily mean better or worse, and it certainly doesn’t mean free.

8. Warlocks get ‘free’ MoC (3) – Its not free. Warlocks don’t get Quickcast. They don’t get Concentration. They don’t get MoC. Their only way to cast uninterrupted is the nerfed-to-oblivion unint primers.

9. ‘Fixed Cast Primer is at Level 21’- Its not. Once is a typo, but its been put up on the Herald twice now like that. It may seem minor, but it really is very disappointing. For a start, anyone who plays a Warlocks knows full well that it is at Level 20, it’s the most common spec. Is there a single person that plays a Warlock involved with this? Second, its obviously a cut and paste job from something not very current, and it leaves us wondering what other ‘old’ information they might be using, even Pre-2005 Nerf LT/DoT damage for all their calculations?

Seriously, if you are unaware of these things, you really shouldn’t be posting here. Please learn more about the class before doing so. We are trying to discuss the real abilities of the class, and ‘one time at bandcamp my level 43 Wizard with 0% matter resists was one shot’ stories add little to a serious conversation

And it's not neccesarily that we do or do not deserve those nerfs but it's very depressing and lowering your moral if you get another class nerfed to the bone.

[edit]
here is the VNBoards warlock board with a few other tests etc on how much damage a warlock actually does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom